PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Cosmetics (2010)

Black Panther
26th November 2011, 21:19
"The Story of Cosmetics, released on July 21st, 2010, examines the pervasive use of toxic chemicals in our everyday personal care products, from lipstick to baby shampoo. Produced with Free Range Studios and hosted by Annie Leonard, the seven-minute film by The Story of Stuff Project reveals the implications for consumer and worker health and the environment, and outlines ways we can move the industry away from hazardous chemicals and towards safer alternatives. The film concludes with a call for viewers to support legislation aimed at ensuring the safety of cosmetics and personal care products."

pfq000AF1i8

Ilie Pandia
27th November 2011, 12:46
Only one comment: I bet that those cosmetic products that were banned by FDA were in fact safe for use, but were cheap and were a big threat to the poisonous ones.

PS: I've started a new thread (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?35618-Do-we-really-need-regulations) to discuss the fact that we don't need any regulations.

Black Panther
27th November 2011, 19:43
Only one comment: I bet that those cosmetic products that were banned by FDA were in fact safe for use, but were cheap and were a big threat to the poisonous ones.

PS: I've started a new thread (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?35618-Do-we-really-need-regulations) to discuss the fact that we don't need any regulations.

Actually you say by starting a new thread you have closed mine :).

But I think you are right about the regulations. It's more important
to be aware of the ingredients in cosmetics ourselves and then
make your own decisions, instead of letting the government
decide what's healthy or not.

Before I woke up I already couldn't stand deodorants,
hair sprays and perfumes for example. Since I woke
up I know the story behind it.

Ilie Pandia
27th November 2011, 19:55
Sorry for taking the focus away from this thread.

I agree is an important one! It also relates to what beauty is.. to what health is.

Do watch the video, there a more things to take in that just the FDA thing that I had to write about.

I do try to use only "natural" (makes me laugh now... see the video as to why) products and I also can't stand the "usual" ones.

Apart from the "regulation issue" is a "good" video and message to be aware of.