Hi all

Clips about todays General Strike

eDRMqnADorg

FRniH4Obja8

42AzZ0MK_gg

IMF7FNLdy9I

eric charles
30th November 2011, 20:57
Its about time the We The PEOPLE strike in protest , shows them who is the real boss , we are !

This is what is good about UNIONS , its a mass gathering of people , hence why theyve been trying for decades to bust up the Unions , whats good for us is bad for them !!

Daft Ada
30th November 2011, 21:38
Big turnout but as usual totally ignored and made very light of by the politicians, The rich errr I mean Tory party here think it's perfectly acceptable to make the low paid families in this country pay for the mistakes of their big banker friends, while they hand each other millions of pounds in public money as bonuses for bankrupting the system.

The One
30th November 2011, 21:50
To be honest i dont have much sympathy for the strikers they have had it easy far to long not having to pay for their pensions.But we have let this happen.

I work in the private sector and for me to get anything near a descent pension i would have to pay hundreds a month to it

Wrong wrong wrong in so many ways its completly divided no balance

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/28/article-1322488266886-0EF8A04F00000578-12751_466x490.jpg

Daft Ada
1st December 2011, 11:44
I agree with that mate, I have no pension other than the state pension when I reach 65

eric charles
1st December 2011, 13:38
I agree with that mate, I have no pension other than the state pension when I reach 65

I think we are all in the same boat on that front Daft , pensions now days are just pipe dreams . when I become of age to retire , that word wont even exist !

steveofengland
1st December 2011, 14:00
David Cameron wa almost bragging that the strike turnout was poor.

mahalall
1st December 2011, 14:27
To be honest i dont have much sympathy for the strikers they have had it easy far to long not having to pay for their pensions.But we have let this happen.
I work in the private sector and for me to get anything near a descent pension i would have to pay hundreds a month to it. Wrong wrong wrong in so many ways its completly divided no balance Oh One we are in choppy waters in the same boat.

Your right in the sense that they have had it good. But one has to understand that those pension plans were written up decades ago when the death rate was lower and the economy was youthful. So revision review is needed and we could be seeing an expression of financial pain.
However a lot of confusion is being played in the media with figures. At present a basic grade nurse in the UK pays £200 a month is into their pension plan. They will need to pay 3% extra and wont be able to receive it until they are 67 years old. The PayOut plan is not as generous as highlighted in the quote.

It's the same theme tactic; one party being played off against another to avoid unified questions being asked. One question being inequality!!!

As a public employee i did not strike, because one has to sensibly look at the demographics of a ageing population in the Uk/Europe. However I can understand why there is a need to strike because within FOUR YEARS; final salary schemes have closed. Retirement age has gone from 54 years to 67 years and they have to pay a greater percentage of wage into it. This is in addition to the fact that they have not had a pay increase for the last few years and resources to do their job are being stripped away. If they don't stand up where will they be in four years time.

The One
1st December 2011, 15:00
If they don't stand up where will they be in four years time.

In the same place private sector workers are probably

Unfortunately thatís reality.

What people donít realise is that the UK public service pension contributions by the employer are the best in the world.
:cool:

mcat911
1st December 2011, 19:27
I chose to work for the NHS:

1. Shift Work
2. 12 hour stressful shifts
3. Low pay
4. 'Do more with less' government mentality
5. Cuts, cuts and more cuts
6. I pay into my pension scheme, assuming I survive long enough to benefit from it when the time comes, yes the NHS pays a proportion of it
7. I didn't strike, but obviously don't agree with the government stealing my money (and yours) to pay off their debts..
8. Yes it is a good pension, eventually. They want to shift the goalposts now...
9. You chose the private sector

eric charles
1st December 2011, 19:30
What all citizens of the world must do , is like France does , when the French get seriously pissed , the whole country stops and take to the streets !

Here in Canada when we start getting a lil pisssed , , especially in the Province of Quebec , they throw us a bone(Social Benefit program) there are so many social programs here , they just lull people back to sleep

passiglight
1st December 2011, 19:47
I kind of feel a bit queasy reading some of these comments,,,,,,,,,,

i didn't quite realise how far so many of you have to go

I work in the private sector and for me to get anything near a descent pension i would have to pay hundreds a month to it

Wrong wrong wrong in so many ways its completly divided no balance

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/28/article-1322488266886-0EF8A04F00000578-12751_466x490.jpg

omg

toad
1st December 2011, 20:01
What all citizens of the world must do , is like France does , when the French get seriously pissed , the whole country stops and take to the streets !

Here in Canada when we start getting a lil pisssed , , especially in the Province of Quebec , they throw us a bone(Social Benefit program) there are so many social programs here , they just lull people back to sleep

yeah and you guys get poutine and delicious maple syrup. :D

mahalall
1st December 2011, 20:14
If they don't stand up where will they be in four years time.

Hopefully this

JKS2PTYP7CQ

Arrowwind
1st December 2011, 20:21
2 million people on the streets? isn't that like about 20 percent of the population of London?

I dream of the day when OWS and other freedom movements can muster this type of response.

Stealing the money is what it all about and Its what they have been doing in the USA for years and years... you Brits got gumption.
Here in the US things are still too flat, to complacent, too braindead.

Muzz
1st December 2011, 20:23
I have worked very hard for a ruthless american company and now work in the public sector. I know the pros and cons of both.

The mistake here is to lump all the public sector into one. There is a bloated bureaucracy of non essential jobs that has been created in the UK to give the illusion of growth that needs to be brought under control. That much I agree with. The problem is they are targeting evryone in the public sector.

For the core, old fashioned public services ( fire, police, paramedic, nurse etc) this is another kick in the teeth. I am not saying they are any more important, rather that there are practical reasons for the pensions being good. Who wants a 65 old year firefighter turning up to rescue theri kids. Come on!

Their pensions are the way they are for very good reasons. These are hard, physical, stressfull and dangerous jobs.

There are classic tricks being used here. Creating jealousy in the public through propaganda. "Gold plated pensions"

We will drag each other down to the lowest working standards. Because "I dont get as much as you". How quickly we forget about the bankers. They are laughing their asses of.

I agree we need to cut costs in this area but I do have simpathy for all of these people. They signed up for a job that came with a pension and now its being taken away. They didnt know any better. They didnt do anything wrong. Especially when they have been paying into for years and planned their lives around it. If someone came along and tried to change your pension woudnt you fight for it.

Lets remember who started all this.

Mulder
1st December 2011, 20:43
The problem is that these tough laws have been brought in slowly & un-noticed by the sheeple. Now it is too late to protest because the laws are so tough & most people are apathetic. I think our currency will go down the toilet and we'll end up living in slums no matter what we do now.

Ba-ba-Ra
1st December 2011, 22:37
Let us be mindful of the old "Divide and Conquer" scheme and not turn on each other. I see the same thing happening in the US. The media is now stressing how much money it's costing the taxpayers to clean up after the OWS protestors and the additional cost for police overtime. Of course failing to mention that J.P. Morgan Chase Bank donated a huge sum to the NYC police pension right around the time the OWS Movement began and it my opinion it was a sign to the NY police that we'll take care of you if you take care of us. Unfortunately I'm watching the US citizens fall for this as they begin to complain about the OWS protestors.

It's especially important at this time that the 99%become a cohesive force. Instead of arguing which of us has the better pension (which is what the 1% want) stay focused on their pensions and perks and where all that bailout money went.

One
1st December 2011, 23:19
I was on strike today. I didn't strike because of the amount of money I would personally loose. I am happy to share what I have. I striked because some thieves are about to rob some of us again. The loot from my pension pot won't be shared with those who are worse off than me. It will be paying for the illegal wars and bankster gambling losses.

After they have robbed that purse (and they will), they will be looking for the next victim. As I say, I don't mind sharing. I just prefer not to do it with thieves.

learninglight
2nd December 2011, 09:36
Imo i dont think its about who's got what and who ain't WE ARE ALL BEING RIPPED OFF!!!

I take my hat off to these people who have the guts to make a stand and express how they feel, i hope more do this its all we've got to let THE ****E know enoughs enough!!
I'd jump at the chance to stand with them and it grates me that my bloody back wont let me stand for too long or i'd be out on the street myself, i've got to the point where sitting here tapping away on this lappy just isn't enough anymore

And don't make the mistake of saying things like ' i have no sympathy for them they got more than me!' Thats what THE ****E want you do, in fight
Don't ever forget that whatever you have is far far more than these people could ever dream of

O5PalM-gsqw

I want change for EVERYBODY

much love

passiglight
2nd December 2011, 19:54
obviously we have a scenario where certain slaves feel more superior to other slaves and one slave looking down on another slave is not what being a good slave is about,,,,,

we are all enslaved in a brutal system poisoned and abused both physically and mentally ,,,,,,,,,

some slaves try to free themselves other slaves try to mutate into the system.