PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Outside the Box

TelosianEmbrace
1st December 2011, 12:17
Many of us here are very smart people.:nod: We cover a lot of intellectual ground, much of it 'verboten'. Yet sometimes it's not what we think, but how we think that helps us to make the intellectual breakthroughs.

Here are a couple of lateral thinking sites that help us to think outside the box.

www.folj.com/lateral/ The first one here is a woozy. And I got caught out on a couple by my gender assumptions.
www.wilk4.com/humor/humore14.htm LOL, I'm having fun. It didn't occur to me before why man hole covers are round.:nono:

Any favourites?

Seikou-Kishi
1st December 2011, 12:49
Many of us here are very smart people.:nod: We cover a lot of intellectual ground, much of it 'verboten'. Yet sometimes it's not what we think, but how we think that helps us to make the intellectual breakthroughs.

Here are a couple of lateral thinking sites that help us to think outside the box.

www.folj.com/lateral/ The first one here is a woozy. And I got caught out on a couple by my gender assumptions.
www.wilk4.com/humor/humore14.htm LOL, I'm having fun. It didn't occur to me before why man hole covers are round.:nono:

Any favourites?

They give answers to their problems, but surely any answer is the right answer? If one has to guess which answer they have gone for, it becomes less like lateral thinking and more like telepathy lol.

TelosianEmbrace
1st December 2011, 14:14

Any favourites?

They give answers to their problems, but surely any answer is the right answer? If one has to guess which answer they have gone for, it becomes less like lateral thinking and more like telepathy lol.
That's my perception, too, Seikou-Kishi. The first example is definitely like that. I also perceive that you can take the lateral thinking to extremes, and create lateral answers to the lateral answers!;)
You've got to admit, though. Some of them are challenging, and rather obvious after reading the answer.

nomadguy
1st December 2011, 14:24
tee hee - FT - BOTB
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FFree-Thinkers-Born-outside-the-box%2F120691091298116&ei=C43XTqXaG4HmiAK78cyOCg&usg=AFQjCNHrOiuuJ9PwgzCN_ycnP3XMZMcXcQ (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Thinkers-Born-outside-the-box/120691091298116)

Its an ongoing battle not to cave to your own perceptions or to your own findings. Keep on thinking free.

Seikou-Kishi
1st December 2011, 16:56
That's my perception, too, Seikou-Kishi. The first example is definitely like that. I also perceive that you can take the lateral thinking to extremes, and create lateral answers to the lateral answers!;)
You've got to admit, though. Some of them are challenging, and rather obvious after reading the answer.

They're the worst ones! There's nothing worse than admitting defeat only to find the answer was easy lol