PDA

View Full Version : Silance broken!

Eagle
4th December 2011, 15:53
A moment to reflect!
This past couple of days as I chose not to post, I gained some insight of myself and others.
What I was doing was trying to prove a point with my brain and not with my heart, every time I tried express my thoughts they came out as anger, and justification, nothing was being solved and it got to a point where I had to say to myself “what am I doing” this is not me! I noticed a pattern begin to evolve in the way people were expressing themselves, some were out to prove a point while others were trying to seek resolution, to me neither point came out ahead. When it came down to it the issue was no longer the issue.
When I stepped back and analyzed myself I was upset that I went into this with a point to prove and for that I apologize, all along it should have been an expression of feeling and with an open heart. Understanding came to me in the fact that I can still express my point of view as a feeling rather than a thought. I came to PA originally to prove a point and to express ideas, but at this point I find that methodology to be at fault. I am no longer here to prove anything to anyone, I am no longer here to argue about UFO’s and conspiracies, and I am no longer here to see good people get asked to leave because of simple words. Why am I here then?
Over the past Month I have met and talked to some of the most interesting and thoughtful people that I now consider to be friends. They in turn have helped me to reach another part of understanding, I do not care if this is about Spirituality or Conspiracy, what I have come to care about are the people. Let the world fight and argue and bicker over facts and fiction, it will not affect my reality, if I post something you don’t agree with then don’t read the post, or don’t reply to it, I am not here to change your mind on your beliefs, or to tell you that your wrong(Ego trip)
Why am I here now for then?
To express my feelings in a post that me and my friends can share without retort or question in a manner that doesn’t offend or criticize, and in a way that it is no longer pride or self delusion. My “FEELING”. I would ask that you respect that as you would respect your own love of God/source and I in turn will do likewise. I am here to help my friends to understand the experiences that I have had and by doing so; helping them to explore their own possibilities. It is not about being right or wrong, it is not about being more wise or intuitive, it is not about making a statement and being patted on the back, it is about coming together in strength and unity as entities of light and share the most important message of all. Unconditional Love.

Snowbird
4th December 2011, 16:00
:thumb: Way to go Dig!! :hug:

Orph
4th December 2011, 16:06
My "feelings" exactly. :wave:

toothpick
4th December 2011, 17:24
Hi Dig, great thread.
Obviously, very seriously thought through and well said too.
Believe it or not i was thinking along the same lines myself, just kiddng, man, for some reason i can never seem to put my thoughts into recognisable words, not fast enough anyway.
Entities of light and unconditional love, absolutely agree my friend but please add selflessness.

Hughe
4th December 2011, 17:27
@Dig,

I appreciate what you wrote. Most of us are dancing between emotion and critical thinking. Where is the fine line? :confused: How much should I consider Avalon forum activity? is a question.

I often have the feeling of spatting "F" words here just to release the anxiety inside me. Then, I ask to myself 'wait a minute.' I'm part of the Avalon forum and affects its color. Even though I have little thing to contribute good information compare to many extraordinary members, I need to regulate my words here at least when it become a permanent fixture on the Avalon board.

Project Avalon is ranked at 20,000th website. I checked what's the view count of this forum per day but couldn't find it. The big search engines store all the data in their storage. Anonymous users download articles on the forum without permission whenever they like. I do it all the time on other blogs, public forums. Some silly forums and blog owners blocks copy-paste feature which is easy to bypass it.

There are active users who posts articles without engaging debate nor argument much. There are come-and-go temporary users who often shakes Avalon then leave whatever reasons they have after the spiritual/intellectual battles. The Charles saga probably was the best of all I remember. Avalon literally wrecked half. Massive exodus occurred.

How this artificial collective world will exist? I'm uncertain. Between 6:00 PM and 1:00 AM I have hard time to visit foreign websites. I can't afford expensive dedicated business line. Accessing domestic site is stable most of the day though. Same condition applies to users in other countries.

99.99999% of information is missing in the mist whenever I log in Avalon. I read through 5 or 10 new posts out of 1,000+ posts per day then leave. I can read 1,000 words per minute or scan a book like a machine within 5 to 10 minutes but I don't have time. The information is just huge. I have own color and narrow vision here. I know this is my hinder side. How many amazing stories, valuable knowledge by fellow members I have been lost here on Avalon? Probably a lot. How the moderators, Bill handle the massive information? That's challenging task even for the full-time IT professionals.

This forum always welcome with super clean front page. It has good candies as always. Some are hard to swallow, others have unique tastes. I fed up few times by the contents honestly because the implication is so wild. It will be turned out the poster is wrong or me or both are wrong one day.

Until I have super human ability, my activity in Avalon will be limited as it has been.

it is about coming together in strength and unity as entities of light and share the most important message of all.
It is a lovely place.

Eagle
4th December 2011, 18:03
@Dig,

I appreciate what you wrote. Most of us are dancing between emotion and critical thinking. Where is the fine line? :confused: How much should I consider Avalon forum activity? is a question.

I often have the feeling of spatting "F" words here just to release the anxiety inside me. Then, I ask to myself 'wait a minute.' I'm part of the Avalon forum and affects its color. Even though I have little thing to contribute good information compare to many extraordinary members, I need to regulate my words here at least when it become a permanent fixture on the Avalon board.

Project Avalon is ranked at 20,000th website. I checked what's the view count of this forum per day but couldn't find it. The big search engines store all the data in their storage. Anonymous users download articles on the forum without permission whenever they like. I do it all the time on other blogs, public forums. Some silly forums and blog owners blocks copy-paste feature which is easy to bypass it.

There are active users who posts articles without engaging debate nor argument much. There are come-and-go temporary users who often shakes Avalon then leave whatever reasons they have after the spiritual/intellectual battles. The Charles saga probably was the best of all I remember. Avalon literally wrecked half. Massive exodus occurred.

How this artificial collective world will exist? I'm uncertain. Between 6:00 PM and 1:00 AM I have hard time to visit foreign websites. I can't afford expensive dedicated business line. Accessing domestic site is stable most of the day though. Same condition applies to users in other countries.

99.99999% of information is missing in the mist whenever I log in Avalon. I read through 5 or 10 new posts out of 1,000+ posts per day then leave. I can read 1,000 words per minute or scan a book like a machine within 5 to 10 minutes but I don't have time. The information is just huge. I have own color and narrow vision here. I know this is my hinder side. How many amazing stories, valuable knowledge by fellow members I have been lost here on Avalon? Probably a lot. How the moderators, Bill handle the massive information? That's challenging task even for the full-time IT professionals.

This forum always welcome with super clean front page. It has good candies as always. Some are hard to swallow, others have unique tastes. I fed up few times by the contents honestly because the implication is so wild. It will be turned out the poster is wrong or me or both are wrong one day.

Until I have super human ability, my activity in Avalon will be limited as it has been.

it is about coming together in strength and unity as entities of light and share the most important message of all.
It is a lovely place.

One thing that I know have to consider is that this place goes out to a world wide audience, my opinion and veiws need to be broad all encompassing and not through American eyes but rather Human eyes. to me the time spent here depends on what the person is searching for or needs in thier life.

Jenci
4th December 2011, 18:03
Hi Dig,

Our darkest moments are a doorway to freedom.

When you can see an argument and see both sides and not mind either way who is wrong or right - it's all just One.

You show great humility in your post. Your spiritual heart is opening - it's very obvious your words are spoken from the heart.

Wisdom is revealed when we unlearn everything we thought we knew.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us - its like opening the most perfect Christmas present at the end of a bad year :)
Jeanette

greybeard
4th December 2011, 18:23
Dig love your sentiments.

It came to a point with me when it dawned on me-- " I dont have to be right"
Such freedom--- now I can see all points of view.
Its normal that "others" want you to take sides.
I do my best to refrain from making one right and one wrong.
Thats what taking sides does.
The thought that I am right seeks confirmation from others and of course there will in duality be an opposing point of view.
So one side will declare "war" on the other, just to prove a thought right.
Thats ego in action.
That is the single cause of all friction and top end of the scale war.
All there is is unconditional love but it is obscured by ego, till we decide otherwise.
Chris

Eagle
4th December 2011, 18:30
Hi Dig,

Our darkest moments are a doorway to freedom.

When you can see an argument and see both sides and not mind either way who is wrong or right - it's all just One.

You show great humility in your post. Your spiritual heart is opening - it's very obvious your words are spoken from the heart.

Wisdom is revealed when we unlearn everything we thought we knew.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us - its like opening the most perfect Christmas present at the end of a bad year :)
Jeanette

Thanks Jen, if we are to move forward in this I have to let go of my Ego and be non judgemental

Jenci
4th December 2011, 21:50
In the end, Dig, letting go just happens. There gets to a point where the ego just no longer has the energy it used to have and it no longer gets its way.

Adyashanti says be careful when you say "Thy will be done" because when Thy will starts getting done, "my will" doesn't get to happen any more.

What I was doing was trying to prove a point with my brain and not with my heart, every time I tried express my thoughts they came out as anger, and justification, nothing was being solved and it got to a point where I had to say to myself “what am I doing” this is not me! I noticed a pattern begin to evolve in the way people were expressing themselves, some were out to prove a point while others were trying to seek resolution, to me neither point came out ahead. When it came down to it the issue was no longer the issue.

I found, like you described in the last few days, I went through painful processes of the ego trying to win out a game it could never win and in the end the lesson got learnt and the game just stopped being played.

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo

Jeanette

onawah
4th December 2011, 22:05
Thanks Dig. That post deserves a :first:
Information was the reason I first came to Avalon too, but I have come to see there is a valuable mirroring process going on here as well.
It can be very helpful in moving from a reactionary state of mind to a more thoughtful and considered one.
The conflict that arises here due to the service that Bill and the Mods are providing of imposing guidelines is part of that process.
How well it works is the responsibility of all of us.
So we all have to be grownups here, even though the Internet provides a lot of opportunity for juvenile behavior, as we can clearly see from all the "trolling" that goes on.
There's a kind of black hole that can suck us in and get our egos working overtime, if we aren't aware of it.
With all our faults here, I'm still glad and feel privileged to be a part of Avalon, where we can help each other to recognize that black hole and learn not to fall into it.
Some will label that being a "sell out", but eventually, they too will see, IMHO.

Unified Serenity
4th December 2011, 22:32
This just came to mind, I hope you see the humor in it:

dr-8Bzb6-g8

Tony
4th December 2011, 22:32
This has to be a place where one can talk freely and value one another.

Eagle
4th December 2011, 22:37
This has to be a place where one can talk freely and value one another.

when we as adults allow it to be it will, if we as teenagers cannot do then then it becomes a mosh party!

Lifebringer
4th December 2011, 22:42
Just love that Eagle.

Anchor
4th December 2011, 22:51
On another forum I wrote a series of posts are about the early part of my life. It tracks my descent into lowest asshole-ness, victim, everyone else is at fault except me mode and gradually turning that around and learning my way out of the depths.

Still climbing out of the pit along with many other people I have the pleasure of exchanging energy with in many modes.

I found it very confronting to do this and I realized that I still had a lot of unreleased anger - which kind of got released in the words I used :)

Anyway after a few weeks I re-read it and detoxified the posts I had made :)

The point is, I can relate to the OP - not to say the experience is the same, but the cycle decribed is a typical "template" or "archetype" of experience it seems many of us have to wade through, and are still going.

Beren
4th December 2011, 23:10
Dig ,
friend I love your spirit here!
It shows our best quality as humanity!

:)

jp11
4th December 2011, 23:24
OM gosh Dig! I am so amazed with this. I have spent quite a while reading the thread that is for members only this morning...uh afternoon for me now. I had all sort of thoughts going through my mind and comments on certain posts (which I was making to myself). I finally finished reading everything and just a little bit a go posted a message...that said something so similar to what you ask... is it really that important to be right? and who is it that thinks that might be so?

I can never remember exactly what I've written and don't have it available to me at the moment, so that's just the idea I was expressing. I then went to check the forum menu and this was this first one I chose.

I love what you wrote and certainly agree.

:nod:

Ria
5th December 2011, 00:47
Love you Dig.

Loveisall21
5th December 2011, 00:49
Well said Dig. I concur. We are after all humans in different places on the road to putting the ego in it's rightful place. So naturally grievances and misunderstandings and offenses will take place. The question is what will we after the dust has settled take away from the situation? Will it lead to greater clarity or greater ego gratification? What gift can we gain from what would seem a dark situation? How can it make us better members of Avalon and the world at large?

Kindred
5th December 2011, 01:34
Dig... for you.

Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev'd;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believ'd!

Thro' many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promis'd good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call'd me here below,
Will be forever mine.

lightseeker
5th December 2011, 01:35
Dig, thanks you come from your heart, welcome the an a world of oneness being manifested.

STATIC
5th December 2011, 01:58
Dig,
It looks as though that whole post has come from your higher self. :angel:
Thanks for the reminder to communicate from the heart.
Very important message for all of us in these intense times.
It is so easy to get cought up in the ego games that we often play.
Good stuff buddy :)

sandy
5th December 2011, 05:07
Awwww Dig,

I love you!! Your honesty,courage,humility and self exploration as well as the resulting insight is the reason why I will never give up on humankind.

We all have it in us and I thank you for sharing your experience of how to go about reaching one`s own heart awareness and unconditional love, including for one`s self.

Words of Joy
5th December 2011, 09:17
Well put, Dig.

I believe that love should be the basis of one's actions (or non-actions). I would like to add that every person's perspective is different. We all have different mental filters and have had different experiences or learned lessons. Therefor difference in cinviction can easily occur. During a lifetime(like the one here on earth) you learn a great lot, but the development as a spirit, in my believe, is near forever. And mistakes in thinking will keep on being made. And that in my opinion is not a bad thing. It's part of development of your being. Also part of development is learning from eachother. I too am not here to push through my 'mental victories' but here to learn from others and share my findings.

araucaria
5th December 2011, 10:32
'Winning is nothing' (Socrates*)

*not the philosopher: the former Brazilian soccer captain, who has just died

Eagle
5th December 2011, 20:02
Well put, Dig.

I believe that love should be the basis of one's actions (or non-actions). I would like to add that every person's perspective is different. We all have different mental filters and have had different experiences or learned lessons. Therefor difference in cinviction can easily occur. During a lifetime(like the one here on earth) you learn a great lot, but the development as a spirit, in my believe, is near forever. And mistakes in thinking will keep on being made. And that in my opinion is not a bad thing. It's part of development of your being. Also part of development is learning from eachother. I too am not here to push through my 'mental victories' but here to learn from others and share my findings.
We choose if we learn from our experiance and move forward or ignore our experiance and go through the process again

13th Warrior
5th December 2011, 20:17
What's in a word...This is for you Dig.

The song Believe by the band Dig...coincidence?

oWeehnYPP18

they won't deny your own education now
they won't buy what is on your plate now
they won't deny there is segregation now
they won't buy what is on their table

why don't you believe, believe in your own god?

they will deny there is separation now
they will deny there is confrontation now
we won't buy in their deception now
we won't buy what is on our plate now

they won't deny there is separation
once you slip a-way down, your head down
won't you look all around yourself
try to live in your own special life?

why don't you believe?
why don't you believe?
why don't you believe?
why don't you believe?
why don't you believe?
why don't you believe?
why don't you believe?

Eagle
6th December 2011, 04:38
I wish i could express to you the way i am feeling right now to all. Love just dosent Describe it!

jackovesk
6th December 2011, 05:18
Thanks for a Great Post & Thread Dig,

Yes we can get caught up in it all - 'Carrying the weight of the World on Ones Shoulders' is not a healthy thing to do...

...and acknowledging this and ridding oneself of that responsibilty through acceptance of what (Will be - Will be) must be a huge weight off your shoulders...

Now you have freed yourself to Live & Grow (Within your Own Truth & Universal Love)...

Regards,

Jack

PS - Thanks for the PM you sent me a couple of weeks ago, I trust that helped you understand myself a little better...

crested-duck
6th December 2011, 05:20
It really is hard to retrain and surrender a lifelong ego. Just like in AA and NA the first step is admitting something is wrong and you need help to make yourself a better person. No need for shame to be involved, just a desire for something better. I like the guy I see in the mirror, but I know he can be improved too.

Eagle
6th December 2011, 05:23
Thanks for a Great Post & Thread Dig,

Yes we can get caught up in it all - 'Carrying the weight of the World on Ones Shoulders' is not a healthy thing to do...

...and acknowledging this and ridding oneself of that responsibilty through acceptance of what (Will be - Will be) must be a huge weight off your shoulders...

Now you have freed yourself to Live & Grow (Within your Own Truth & Universal Love)...

Regards,

Jack

PS - Thanks for the PM you sent me a couple of weeks ago, I trust that helped you understand myself a little better...

More than you know and I am glad you could share that with me, one heart, one voice, one love

Eagle
6th December 2011, 05:27
It really is hard to retrain and surrender a lifelong ego. Just like in AA and NA the first step is admitting something is wrong and you need help to make yourself a better person. No need for shame to be involved, just a desire for something better. I like the guy I see in the mirror, but I know he can be improved too.

Each and every day, if we are not trying how do we expect to change the outcome? it is one thing to gain knowledge and another to look into that mirror and practice it. thank you

gigha
6th December 2011, 07:49
Just the title made me think of this song..
hope you enjoy
1TWd3skb-Rw

Eagle
21st December 2011, 19:55
As we continue to learn and grow as individuals and as a whole let’s not forget that in each of us is the knowledge we need to create whatever we want, we have the ability to change even the most dire of situations, we have a choice to accept ourselves for who we really are or continue to deny the real truth before us. Ultimately I am my own biggest roadblock or my own greatest triumph.

Kristin
21st December 2011, 21:08
Right the f* on DIG!!! AMEN!
Worm

21st December 2011, 21:12
We're very blessed to have you here Dig. My sentiments exactly, spoken exactly. Much love to you.

Kyendo
21st December 2011, 22:52
couldn't have said it any better.