PDA

View Full Version : Need info about a Microwave / Telecoms mast, please

Bill Ryan
6th December 2011, 18:19
-------

Hi, All:

I'd very much welcome some research information about an apparent telecoms mast that has just appeared in Vilcabamba without any consultation with the folks who live here -- who are concerned.

It's quite low to the ground (the height is no more than 40 ft / 12 m), and it's right next to the town plaza. I'd guess the diameter of the dishes is very roughly 8 ft / 2.5m.

No-one is absolutely certain what it is, or what it's function(s) might possibly be. While answers are sought from officials (not necessarily an easy process in Ecuador!), it occurred to me to ask the good Avalon members what they know of these things. I'm well aware there is real expertise here.

Thanks -- very much appreciated by me, and many others.

http://projectavalon.net/Vilcabamba_microwave_mast_front_sm.jpg

http://projectavalon.net/Vilcabamba_microwave_mast_rear_sm.jpg

TargeT
6th December 2011, 18:25
thats just a point to point microwave shot set up... you'll see in the direction of the dishes its recipical partner off in the distance...

its easier to get data from point to point with a HCLOS (high capacity line of sight) when compared to running actual cables.

I'd check to see who owns the land (we can do this in the US pretty easily) and go from there as far as investigation goes.... but I'd say "nothing to worry about" on this one for sure.

Bill Ryan
6th December 2011, 18:29
thats just a point to point microwave shot set up... you'll see in the direction of the dishes its recipical partner off in the distance...

its easier to get data from point to point with a HCLOS (high capacity line of sight) when compared to running actual cables.

I'd check to see who owns the land (we can do this in the US pretty easily) and go from there as far as investigation goes.... but I'd say "nothing to worry about" on this one for sure.

Thanks. :)

What are the emissions risks? And would this be for cellphones, internet, or something else?

Btw, I don't see its "reciprocal partner"... I'm not aware of any other similar mast in the area.

TargeT
6th December 2011, 18:37
emissions are questionable.. personally I think they are terrible for humans, but the general concensus is that this kind of "RF" is "safe", in the path of the dishes there can be a pretty strong signal; and these are certainly lower than normal; however given the country I'll assume it was done that way for monitary reasons...

there has to be another set of dishes in line of sight of those ( you may have to climb 30ft to get on their level to see it) if there's not then those dishes are either not functional or are not what they seem.

as for usage: it's for "data" so that could be internet, or a cell trunk or maybe even just a company network of some sort (this happens a lot in cities where companies own two large buildings... easier/cheaper to do a microwave shot than run through an ISP etc..)

Just to re-itterate: these directional dishes are probably "better" to be around than cell towers /high voltage lines as at least the vast majority of the signal is directional & not just leaking (radiating) out everywhere.

so for health concerns I'd go back to the "nothing to worry about" mentality; at least for short term exposure I have no clue on the long term stuff but these types of systems are all over so I think they must be "ok".

Cartomancer
6th December 2011, 18:41
I have been interested in this subject also. I saw this man speak at Conspiracy Con a few years ago and spoke to him personally. He seems to have a real line on what is going on in this realm. I'm sure he would be willing to speak with you about this. He does consult privately.

Lh0jXrH95TE

Kindred
6th December 2011, 18:43
emissions are questionable.. personally I think they are terrible for humans,

I have to Strongly Agree with that statement. In truth, All electromagnetic frequencies, as we use them, are a Serious Problem. I'll interject, that I'd be very worried about how the outgoing frequencies are being manipulated, and how the receiver is being tuned.

TargeT
6th December 2011, 18:47
I have been interested in this subject also. I saw this man speak at Conspiracy Con a few years ago and spoke to him personally. He seems to have a real line on what is going on in this realm. I'm sure he would be willing to speak with you about this. He does consult privately.

Not really applicable here.. these types of dishes are too fixed for that really.

but that topic is valid.

RMorgan
6th December 2011, 18:54
Hey Bill,

It looks like a microwave internet receptor. There are regulations for these kind of equipment, but they are different accordingly to the country it´s installed.

As you come from a developed country, it might look uncommon for you, but this is considered to be a sign of progress for small villages and cities on developing countries.

They´ve installed an identical device where my brother lives, in a remote region of Brazil. This device was able to supply the whole village with free internet access.

It´s normal for it to be installed in a central part of the village, because the signal distribution is much better and uniform.

I wouldn´t worry about it, but I recommend people to don´t stay close to this object for an extended period of time, or better, to don´t get closer than 15m from it.

It´s much cheaper to use these kind of receptors than to build hundreds of miles of cables to reach certain places. The bad part of it is that the internet wont work well on cloudy and rainy days.

Cheers,

Raf.

Ultima Thule
6th December 2011, 19:22
I´m no expert, but happen to have some files that might be of interest, nothing particular about that mast probably, but some guidelines and examples of how these have been not accepted in too close proximity. Happy to send them to you, I can send them through Ilie for example?

Done!

Seikou-Kishi
6th December 2011, 19:32
That is a megalith! That it appeared without consultation with the local populace is against all principles of consultation with the people.

Microwaves are very damaging of organic matter — it's why a microwave oven works; by exciting the molecules and imparting heat (heat being just an increased state of energising). If they are transmitting or receiving microwaves, the implications or animal/human health nearby are not enviable. If you take four ordinary mobile phones and ring them together, they can cook popcorn from the kernal. This tower looks like it might be just a little bit stronger than the average mobile phone.

If I were you, I'd contact the local authority and ask (in a way that leaves no doubt that you're not really asking) for the specs of the tower; power output, frequency range, etc.. They will have such information or they wouldn't have granted land to the company for it. If they pretend they don't, ask them for the company's contact details and ask it of them.

Hervé
6th December 2011, 23:27
[...]

What are the emissions risks? And would this be for cellphones, internet, or something else?

Btw, I don't see its "reciprocal partner"... I'm not aware of any other similar mast in the area.

Hi Bill!

Whatever it is and doing, have a look at this:

http://whale.to/b/orgonite.html

... especially the tower-busting parts.

Best self-defense against any type of radiated energy I know of.

cheers!

chancy
6th December 2011, 23:52
Hello Bill:
From my experience with microwaye towers exactly like the ones shown in the photos some people will get extreme headaches from prolonged exposure along with not being able to sleep. The best way to solve this problem is to buy the camping silver blankets that are just aluminum foil but won't tear. Put it up where the windows are since these microwaves don't transmit through walls only the windows.
The companies that own these type of microwaves will not move them from experience.
Good luck
chancy

Bill Ryan
7th December 2011, 01:30
-------

Many thanks, Folks -- very much appreciated. Do keep it coming if there are any more insights or useful information. :)

TargeT, I was quite wrong about the reciprocal mast -- I went out and located it today. I'd not noticed it before.

DeDukshyn
7th December 2011, 01:37

I fully agree with Target -- looks like a pretty standard old school microwave communications tower. In BC I'd see them planted here and there on top of high hills etc. I think they allow CB radios to work and such. In BC Forestry was huge a few years back so before satellite and cellular communication was used via these.

However, I wouldn't exactly say "nothing to worry about" -- microwaves can be tuned to do some pretty specific things.

onawah
7th December 2011, 01:55
I've heard that the orgonite devices such as those recommended at
are effective.
They're cheap to make and good to have around in any case.
More here:
http://educate-yourself.org/dc/orgonegenindex.shtml
Directions there on how to make them yourself and much more about protective devices for EMFs of all kinds.

Anchor
7th December 2011, 02:42
Generally things like this cannot be erected without appropriate licensing. These licenses are not often secret. The technical data on the RF (Radio Frequency) - power, frequencies, duty cycle, propagation patterns etc, will be listed on the license. The reason is that most countries have regulators for RF spectrum assignments and seek to avoid people interfering with each-other.

With Dishes, the emission is highly directional. Think torch beam or searchlight, and generally would not radiate much outside that beam. You need to see where the beams are going and find the receivers (as TargeT already pointed out) however these might not be dishes unless its a two way transfer.

The mast itself could be an aerial - ensure you get the data for all the installations at that location.

From here on, you would need an RF engineer to interpret the data - it is beyond me.

Radio Hams know a lot about this, as it is their hobby. Find a local radio-ham and hit them up for some information - they will also know about the licensing arrangements and they themselves will be working within the terms of a government license.

(If my memory serves, Henry Deacon knew a lot about this, might be worth a try)

Carmody
7th December 2011, 03:29

Thanks. :)

yep, it's a microwave repeater.

Although, that low to the ground is not a good thing.

Usually they are as high as the ones in this image. I can't imagine that in an area that I suspect is as 'hilly' as you are in, that any low tower serves much in the way of being a proper repeater device.

They may not be able to afford a big tower.. but.... 40 ft is a sick joke.

I don't think that a repeater is allowed to be that close to humans --in North America.

Looking again, it is as I suspected. Scrap components. Note the paint loss. Impossible, for a brand new tower assembly. it is made of old sections. They need to get it a good 60 ft higher off the ground. An extra 150ft would be a better minimum..and then... on the outskirts of town, minimum.

This one is in my Home town. Yep, folks..that is a picture of a town. The lake is in the middle of it. We used to do things like get in a canoe..and drink..and float about....right in the middle of town.

5000 people around us..at the same time we are drinking in a boat... on a lake...rushes ..weeds... birds....swans....fishing.

DeDukshyn
7th December 2011, 03:42
here is one from near where I grew up. The tower is only about maybe 50ft but it is on top of an old volcanic core jutting out of the landscape, - been there since I was a kid - these are usually always on the highest peaks in a given area ... they are speckled all throughout BC forest ranges - allow communication for the forest industry where you're a million miles from nowhere but you may need to still contact someone .. etc.

Edit ... hmmm looking at that now that tower is much taller than 50 ft ... look more like about 100ft -- that butte is well over 100 feet tall

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/35407764.jpg

Mike
7th December 2011, 03:55
it seems that if there were a 3rd photo in this unsettling progression it would depict a laser beam coming from one of the devices to incinerate that poor innocent church in the background:p

Carmody
7th December 2011, 04:03
They are apparently 'tight beaming'. (avoiding wide broadcasts that can be captured) I'm guessing.... military. Government business. Just a guess.

here is one from near where I grew up. The tower is only about maybe 50ft but it is on top of an old volcanic core jutting out of the landscape, - been there since I was a kid - these are usually always on the highest peaks in a given area ... they are speckled all throughout BC forest ranges - allow communication for the forest industry where you're a million miles from nowhere but you may need to still contact someone .. etc.

Edit ... hmmm looking at that now that tower is much taller than 50 ft ... look more like about 100ft -- that butte is well over 100 feet tall

That's what I mean. Tight budgets, etc...and next to city hall. Things are getting touchy in nearby countries. The odds of getting them to at least raise the height of that tower in the near term.... are probably low.

Strat
7th December 2011, 04:06
Why are there two dishes? Is that one for transmit and one for receive? Also, why is it that the lower dish (in Bill's first picture) looks 'funny?' It almost appears to have a cover on it.

Mike
7th December 2011, 04:09
sure does. sorta looks like a conga drum.

Carmody
7th December 2011, 04:10
Why are there two dishes? Is that one for transmit and one for receive? Also, why is it that the lower dish (in Bill's first picture) looks 'funny?' It almost appears to have a cover on it.

IIRC, that is the transmitter? Upper is receive. Indications are that power is low, as leakage in higher power usually means greater dish separation, as in the other two supplied images. Which is indicative of..a need to keep power low and beaming tight. For the purposes of avoiding any 'reads' on the signals, possibly.

DeDukshyn
7th December 2011, 04:45
They are apparently 'tight beaming'. (avoiding wide broadcasts that can be captured) I'm guessing.... military. Government business. Just a guess.

That's what I mean. Tight budgets, etc...and next to city hall. Things are getting touchy in nearby countries. The odds of getting them to at least raise the height of that tower in the near term.... are probably low.

Hmmm -- you are right ... looking at Bill's pics again that tower is WAAAY to low to be useful, unless it has a very specific purpose for being that low ... I can easily see a hill in Bill's picture that this tower should be sitting on in order to be truly useful ... low budget? Maybe.

If Bill could provide some more pictures of the area, that would be cool. I also agree --- low power, proximity of dishes pointing that out -- and in comparison to the dishes I provided in my photo, they really are close. From this I would gather that the other tower(s) would be within eyesight (perhaps with some binoculars or such) from this one in the direction one of the dishes was pointed. If this was not the case I might start questioning everything all over again. From those two pics it does seem to be an odd set up for what one would expect its purpose to be ... just food for though. I really would like see a few more photos from Bill.

Jonathon
7th December 2011, 04:52
Wow Bill that thing must look terrible right there off the church. Vilca is such a quaint and cute town around the square - shame they stuck it right there.

Houman
7th December 2011, 04:55
Contact him
http://www.magdahavas.com/2010/08/31/barrie-trower-speaks-about-microwave-radiation/

Carmody
7th December 2011, 05:23
If this is indeed military or government tight beam as a new install... we may end up causing grief for Bill, who is living there... And for any other ex-pat who might have internet access. So we might have to just, er, stop deducing and commenting.

It is my suggestion to lock this thread and let it fade, for the time being. I think that enough info has been considered for the moment.

latte
7th December 2011, 05:25

cheers!

Hey Amzer, do you know if there are any studies that show the level of efficacy of these devices?

Thanks!

silvervioletrubie
7th December 2011, 06:20
I suggest finding a way to get "hooked up". Use the device to better your life. For better or for worse it is already there, and it is supplying a service. While it is incinerating the church (in general...not such a bad thing) you could take advantage of the service it provides :) The unfortunate paradox about Vilcabamba is that it is increasingly popular with folks who are used to smart phones and instant internet. Which, of course, mares the picturesque setting that attracted them in the first place.

Love is the answer

DeDukshyn
7th December 2011, 06:31
I suggest finding a way to get "hooked up". Use the device to better your life. For better or for worse it is already there, and it is supplying a service. While it is incinerating the church (in general...not such a bad thing) you could take advantage of the service it provides :) The unfortunate paradox about Vilcabamba is that it is increasingly popular with folks who are used to smart phones and instant internet. Which, of course, mares the picturesque setting that attracted them in the first place.

Love is the answer

If there was cell service and internet before it went up, what service is it providing? no one in the town knows why for sure. I would think that if it provided any services at all to Vilcabamba - that info would be very easy to figure out and more than likely even advertised. This appears to not be the case here.

silvervioletrubie
7th December 2011, 06:38
You may be right, I might be crazy ;) Until all the cards are on the table, we will not know. I would choose to see the glass as half full, and the change to be an opportunity.

Candor
7th December 2011, 07:19
Hi Bill,
I used to work "Long Lines" for AT&T -- We kept the mountain top repeaters tuned up. Your others friends have spoken well, this is a highly focused beam of relatively low strength emissions. And this type of tower is for data transmissions. Bottled water (with fluoride) is more dangerous than these towers for the jpeole on the ground.

To determine some possibly useful data, as to who owns uses or operates on them walk up to the fance around it, and read and take notes on what every sign says. They won't be very specific, but something will likely give one a start in the right directon to learn more about who holds "say-so" regarding. them. Also, if you cna find an Avaloniare who lives near by,-- ask them to watch for "repairmen" who drive up and go in. Make friends with them, ask questions,, and read what is written on the trucks. Also ask if this relays into a fiber-optic cable to a nearby business--Would that business be interested in sharing the costs of using this tower. Maybe Proj-Avaln could use a closed loop connection with North america.

Now that would be sweet.

One more idea, Take a hike up the dside of that mountain, and see who th rows you off for spying. There IS another tower up t here on the side of th at hill. it may be a military op--but I don't feel that is the case, this one loks commercial.

Also you might ask the priests in that church what they know.

Candor

ww

Candor
7th December 2011, 07:29
Yes, that is correct. The upper one is a boy, no further comment. the lower one is a girl, she is wearing a skirt. Now this analogy does carry over a bit. the transmitter uses energy to send data, that energy does not need to be protected, the lower one, is the receiver, and is subject to lose of signal strength if dirt gets on it, and birds.. so it is covered. And the two of them together form a single two-way system of communication that works simultaneously.

Cjay
7th December 2011, 07:47
Bill, you are absolutely right to be concerned.

Most of us have heard that microwave radiation causes cancer.

Why is it so hard to find any useful, detailed information about the safety - or dangers - of microwave communication systems? You will have to draw your own conclusions. The studies either don't exist (I don't believe that) or the truth has been very thoroughly suppressed.

Who would do that and why?

Microwave communication is very big business. According to British military microwave expert, Barrie Trower, (after 10:15 into the full video, below, or just after the start of video 4 of 21 parts):

"the industry is believed to be earning THREE TRILLION United States dollars a year"
That amount of money can pay for a lot of bullsh*t from lying scientists and lawyers and can buy approval from corrupt regulators.

From the third video, below, Wireless Networks - Genetic Mutation:

DNA damage caused by microwave radiation is irrepairable. It is passed on from mother to daughter, generation after generation... forever

Who regulates microwave communication? In USA it is the FCC. Can we trust them? In my opinion, absolutely not. Why not? For the very same reasons we can't trust the FDA and so many other goverment agencies who are supposed to protect the people.

What about in other countries? Same, same. Big money = big corruption.

The following video interview of British military microwave expert, Barrie Trower, is perhaps the most honest and detailed overview you will get on the subject. The complete interview runs for over 2 hours 19 minutes.

The first video below is the full interview in low resolution. The second video below is part 1 of 21 parts of the same interview in high definitions up to 1080 HD.

I recommend saving this video before it gets taken down.

The Dangers of Microwave Technology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScsPTZff4o
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScsPTZff4o

01/21 The Dangers of Microwave Technology - Microwave expert Barrie Trower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN_b_8Q8DUw&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP7E2C2E247DB5DA1B
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN_b_8Q8DUw&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP7E2C2E247DB5DA1B

Wireless Networks - Genetic Mutation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ao4Z5-RYTQ
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ao4Z5-RYTQ

In the next video, Barrie Trower tells us why wireless computers, cell phones, cordless phones and other microwave radiation devices are NOT safe for children.

WiFi Is Not Safe For Kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS_ivzKaEME
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS_ivzKaEME

Barrie Trower states, in the following video (his words slightly edited for clarity):

How many children are at possible risk of ovarian damage or leukemia or whatever? I would say, at a minimum, 15[%]... at a maximum, 75[%]

WiFi In Schools Causes Cancer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEUwlKzwZQ
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEUwlKzwZQ

Hervé
7th December 2011, 08:53

cheers!

Hey Amzer, do you know if there are any studies that show the level of efficacy of these devices?

Thanks!

Hi Latte!

Your own would be best:

http://whale.to/b/crift10.jpg (http://whale.to/b/croft_h.html)

Other than that...

Have a look here:

http://www.ethericwarriors.com/ip/viewforum.php?f=3

markpierre
7th December 2011, 09:00
We've been making and using orgonite for a fair while now. As easy to make as muffins...really!

There are differing viewpoints regarding the effects of orgonite on electromagnetic and microwave, distinguished from 'orgon' energy. But orgon 'gifters' target microwave and high power stations, and claim to be able to neutralize
the effects of that type of radiation. And I've read that Reich's classic cloudbusters' are being used in areas with a lot of chemtrail activity with good results.

Do some research on Karl Hans Welz and Don Croft if you can handle some good old fashion eccentrics. Wilhelm would be proud.

I can't really offer a lot of personal experience, but I can verify that I'm sensitive to it to the degree that I can only handle one piece of it around me at a time, and the garden is thriving since we planted a piece in the middle.
A lot of experimenting going on, give it a look. And it's too cheap and easy to make, you don't need to source the stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-lr8GSIOg4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqw7z2JJ-w4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPNCV1WATso&feature=related

Get a good mask if you want to play with it. I've been doing stuff with fiberglass resin all my life and I've only recently found out how nasty it can be. Duh.

onawah
7th December 2011, 09:20
There have been lots of studies on the dangers of microwave technology.
EarthRainbowNetwork has been compiling them for years now.
http://www.earthrainbownetwork.com/

wavydome
7th December 2011, 10:36
I almost think citizens are left to individually provide for their own safety, period. Perhaps with something like hand held radio-frequency meters. Keep an eye on actual emissions and then consult globally concerning acceptable exposure levels. Make sure to watch for changes of readings over extended periods of time and anywhere within range. Studies seem to accumulate concerning health risks but the jury is out, indefinitely. Monopolistic tricks have hypnotized a generation into their own, self-victimization. Unless by jury-rigging as individuals, safer means are set up, to reduce exposures, from their own cell phones, MW ovens, wi-fi devices, etc... Unless better-than-average health and wellness measures are adopted personally.

-----------
Edit added later-- My words are not meant scare, but rather to reflect. That personal responsibility combined with vigilance will help guide "getting what we wish for"....

Perhaps also the Italian saying fits:

"Forgive the thorns to the beauty of the rose."

RMorgan
7th December 2011, 11:57
Calm down everyone...Not everything is a conspiracy.

As I´ve said on post #8 on this thread. I´ve seen many many identical devices. Most of them were really low, about 12/15m and they are microwave receptors/transmitters that are mostly used to distribute internet on distant villages.

They are usually installed on the center of the village for better signal distribution. With this kind of internet, the further away you are from transmitter, the worse is the quality.

This is actually great for the villagers, because after this thing is properly setup, they will have a decent internet, probably for free.

Some villagers here in Brazil fight 5 years on justice to have something like that installed in their village.

There´s another thing. This is a demand often created by foreigners who live there who start bringing new money to town and then demand new technological implementations.

Some small villages in Brazil, which used to be like Vilca Bamba about 20 years ago, have McDonalds today.

Cheers,

Raf.

christian
7th December 2011, 12:28
When I was living in Nömrög on the Outer Mongolian countryside, there has been such a device in the middle of the district center, too, even closer to the ground accompanied by an array of solar power generators. As Raf said, it's a sign of wealth and technical development in some areas, disregarding the radiation effects. It was appreciated as a receiver/transmitter for cell phone and wireless internet signals anyways.

WhiteFeather
7th December 2011, 12:41
It seems to be the purpose here as described by Chikqutet/R Morgan, perhaps we are jumping to far. It really could be that simple, Let's not get Paranoid. My Intuition.

SEAM
7th December 2011, 15:25
This from a YAHOO group on your subject Bill: (I don't know a thing personally about towers, but I do know how to dig into a compelling internet search)
"According to the law (see attached letter) BEFORE installing such antennas the company doing so in conjunction with the government MUST socialize the project to the community, AND the community has the choice of saying NO thank you. This is now happening approx. 5 years later of the installation, a CLEAR violation of the law.
It is likely that this is happening now as a result of the concern expressed about the new antennas in Vilcabamba."

Happy Hollidays!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vilcabamba_team/message/132

¤=[Post Update]=¤

(TERRAMBIENTE consulting company responsible for the project)

transiten
7th December 2011, 16:38
Cjay! Thanks a 1000 times for this information. I have a friend who is electro sensitive and who referred to this and now i have the facts described in a clear and understandable way.

1derer
7th December 2011, 17:10
Hi Bill,

I dug out this image of a telecomms tower with similar looking transmit/receive dishes

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/chrispo/chrispo0910/chrispo091000099/5732779-telecom-tower-with-multiple-receiving-and-transmitting-dishes-against-a-blue-sky.jpg

It may well be an innocent structure that is used to increase the range and depth of receive and transmit signals from mobile phones and other comms. devices.

As for the health effects, at this point in time, there are no conclusive studies that these cause harm to humans, though as a previous poster pointed out, it might no be a good idea to be too close over an extended period of time.

You could probably get an electrical emissions testing device to see if there is an excessive amount of electrical discharge or even a geigermeter I think it si called to measure any radiation being leaked.

Hope this helps to allay any fears.

Also I found a website which might help, if of course, I have the location correct...

This site lists all works in the Municipal District of Vilcabamba, and one in particular that might be related to the structure in question - and citied as being part of ongoing works for Infrastucture and Territorial Development is as follows.

35 AUTORIZACION PARA LA INSTALACION DE INFRAESTRUCTURA PARA LA PRESTACION DE SERVCIOS PUBLICOS DE TELECOMUNICACIONES

Perhaps this is where you might wish to direct any enquiries, they seem to be transparent about projects in the area...

http://www.munivilcabamba.gob.pe/gobierno.php?id=11

Hervé
7th December 2011, 21:18
No more remote parts in this world... not even in Mongolia...

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1peDDQHNq7O3rSJHMYQpjqdohTKnhaaYAg_VhlO6WzLz3_hx0 K-GFiDZErQrLK7lKn3vMjmX4at1nDfX8_FKdT7A/32582-4e3adfe9ee9f8-large.jpg?psid=1

baddbob
7th December 2011, 21:21
Heres a godd read on the subject

http://www.rense.com/general56/rad.htm

Carmody
7th December 2011, 21:32

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1peDDQHNq7O3rSJHMYQpjqdohTKnhaaYAg_VhlO6WzLz3_hx0 K-GFiDZErQrLK7lKn3vMjmX4at1nDfX8_FKdT7A/32582-4e3adfe9ee9f8-large.jpg?psid=1

Yes, while chowing down yak yoghurt from inside the yurt, one can join in and maybe make championship level, on Angry Birds!

RMorgan
7th December 2011, 21:37
That´s one of the disadvantages of living in a foreign country...You don´t have too much of a voice to decide about such matters.

From one side, foreigners who go living there are trying to escape all these things (radiation, microwaves, cellphones, etc..).

From the other side, the people who live there want progress. They want to have internet access. They want good cell phone signals in their homes, to keep in touch with their friends and family. You know, if you ever had to walk 3 Km and climb a mountain just to have some signal with your cell phone, you know what I´m talking about.

Ask the locals to vote, then. I bet all of them want to have access to technology as well. Some of them even fight for it.

Besides, how much harm can such a tiny microwave receptor do?? If it was that bed, there would be no life in big urban centers, where there are things like this popping up everywhere.

In villages like this, improper human waste and trash handling can cause much more damage.

I´m happy for them, for the fact that they will have a decent internet access for everyone soon. They deserve it. It will improve their life quality.

Cheers,

Raf.

Cjay
7th December 2011, 21:59
As for the health effects, at this point in time, there are no conclusive studies that these cause harm to humans, though as a previous poster pointed out, it might no be a good idea to be too close over an extended period of time.

There ARE studies - they are just extremely hard to find. One problem is, most of the studies are done by companies who make microwave communication products for civilian and/or military use, so they convenienty omit or skew the truth, (let's call it what it is - they KNOW microwaves are dangerous and they LIE about it because they make billions in profits each year) just as big pharma do their own studies and use clandestine means to get very dangerous drugs approved. FAIL!! Another problem is, people are lazy and we rely on corrupt goverment officials to enforce proper safety standards to keep us safe. EPIC FAIL!!

The inverse square law applies - if you double the distance from the source of the microwave radiation, then you quarter the strength of your exposure. Three times the distance and the strength of exposure is one ninth as much.

TargeT
7th December 2011, 22:38
It seems to be the purpose here as described by Chikqutet/R Morgan, perhaps we are jumping to far. It really could be that simple, Let's not get Paranoid. My Intuition.

I guarentee there is nothing to worry about here... mostly because this is a low budget, used equipment install with a low power usage (dishes too close to eachother) I'd be more worried about global warming / planet damaging polution than this (which I think IS a lie and conspiracy when taken beyond a local scale.. haha)

I was there this summer; beautiful place.... I'd say U.B. is a center of fasion for asia; and yet they still have a lot of nomatic families living very traditionally...

Anchor
8th December 2011, 09:05
Some small villages in Brazil, which used to be like Vilca Bamba about 20 years ago, have McDonalds today.

Waaaaaaaa :(

Aint humans great :wacko: