PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

Eric J (Viking)
8th December 2011, 16:38
Well mine is short ...perhaps I should grow in a little longer ... !

The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

black elk
© Black Elk
This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War .

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Vietnam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view.

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Vietnam.

Sally said, "I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor's Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Vietnam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these Indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious causalities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistently that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer 'sense' the enemy, they could no longer access a 'sixth sense', their 'intuition' no longer was reliable, they couldn't 'read' subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.

So the testing institute recruited more Indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.

Here is a Typical Test:

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed 'enemy' approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his 'sixth sense' and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and 'kills' him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistently failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long."

Comment:

The mammalian body has evolved over millions of years. Survival skills of human and animal at times seem almost supernatural. Science is constantly coming up with more discoveries about the amazing abilities of man and animal to survive. Each part of the body has highly sensitive work to perform for the survival and well being of the body as a whole.The body has a reason for every part of itself.

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brain stem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in numbing-out .

Cutting of hair is a contributing factor to unawareness of environmental distress in local ecosystems. It is also a contributing factor to insensitivity in relationships of all kinds. It contributes to sexual frustration.

Conclusion:

In searching for solutions for the distress in our world, it may be time for us to consider that many of our most basic assumptions about reality are in error. It may be that a major part of the solution is looking at us in the face each morning when we see ourselves in the mirror.

The story of Sampson and Delilah in the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated.

Reported by C. Young

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/234783-The-Truth-About-Hair-and-Why-Indians-Would-Keep-Their-Hair-Long

~~~~~~~~

viking

Tony
8th December 2011, 16:43
I'm totally bald................no hope for me then.
HANG ON.......I've got a lot up my nose and in my ears.....that's got to count for something! Hooray!!!!!!

Eric J (Viking)
8th December 2011, 16:46
I'm totally bald................no hope for me them.
HANG ON.......I've got a lot up my nose and in my ears.....that's got to count for something! Hooray!!!!!!

You'll be fine, as long as you keep them neat and tidy ...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_C4isIrqW5Yk/TCgZPBnhZRI/AAAAAAAAFwg/eGdMsiMmMr4/s400/nosehair2.jpg

viking

Zillah
8th December 2011, 16:50
I swear this was the desire for me to grow my hair super duper long - I never felt "myself" when it was cut short and almost felt threatened when hairdressers would chop it off without my consent (ahhhhhhh!!!!). This article is why today my hair flows all the way down to the middle of my back, and i will only trim it to keep it healthy --- I resonate very deeply with what was expressed here, these little wisps are soul extensions and nothing feels better than having someone's fingers run through it ;)

cellardoor
8th December 2011, 17:15
http://www.viewzone.com/vril.maria.gif http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/picturest/Vril3.jpg
the Vril society said their long hair was the source of thier ability to channel the secrets of the black sun. This is Maria Orsic supposedly the woman who obtained the info for Hitler on how to build free energy flying discs.

Zillah
8th December 2011, 17:24
http://www.viewzone.com/vril.maria.gif http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/picturest/Vril3.jpg
the Vril society said their long hair was the source of thier ability to channel the secrets of the black sun. This is Maria Orsic supposedly the woman who obtained the info for Hitler on how to build free energy flying discs.

remember they are antennas, so its up to the person and how they want to use it....

i know of maria orsic and her sticky hands with hitler -- and her possible et origin ----- but hot damn she is a beauty ;)

CeltMan
8th December 2011, 17:31

Nice one mate, you took the words right out of my mouth!

Seriously though, IMO, one's superstitions etc play a big part in how we react to situations.

I believe that those Native American Indians could, given time have adapted to regaining their tracking powers etc, with short hair.....But, thereagain, I could be wrong.

Actually several years ago, at an interview for a senior sales postion, the director asked about my hair, which was then about shoulder length.

I responded by saying: "I am not Sampson, I don't lose my strength by cutting it shorter, so no problems with cutting it." I did, and got the job...lol

seriously though, I have always had a great respect for the culture of the N.A.I. ..and long before it was politically correct to do so.
I came across a book when I was aged about 14, about the Blackfoot tribe, and their culture. FASCINATING read!

13th Warrior
8th December 2011, 17:34

Put it into braids and it will amplify it's power.

Mark
8th December 2011, 18:44
I used to have 14 inch dreadlocks. The rastas and others also believe that hair is indeed an antenna and increases psychic sensitivity. I can attest to it definitely creating a different awareness, as I am now bald and do not see the world in the way that I did back then.

modwiz
8th December 2011, 19:18
I wore my hair relatively short for a few years and and did not do well energetically. I liked the ease of care but I am feeling much better and 'myself' these days. My sense of deep personal power seems much better. My guess is the men with the baldness gene may have some other factor in their DNA to compensate.

Mark
8th December 2011, 19:19
I wore my hair relatively short for a few years and and did not do well energetically. I liked the ease of care but I am feeling much better and 'myself' these days. My sense of deep personal power seems much better. My guess is the men with the baldness gene may have some other factor in their DNA to compensate.

Well I didn't want to be one of those old long-haired dudes with the bald spot in the back, quickly growing outwards. My children have complained ever since I cut my hair and still do. Maybe they're right and I should forgo vanity to get some hair back on top of my head. Might help in a lot of areas right now.

Unified Serenity
8th December 2011, 19:24
My son has long hair, almost always has, it's beautiful. He's handsome 6'2 blonde hair, blue eyes. His hair would make most women jealous, just think of Fabio.

meeradas
8th December 2011, 19:33
I was pondering having a hen rest on the bald spot [also keeps it warm, and i love 'em chickens],
but even my wife thought it to be a distraction, especially in business [or "romantic"] settings.
I still like the idea.

Back to topic.

Seikou-Kishi
8th December 2011, 19:34

Well I didn't want to be one of those old long-haired dudes with the bald spot in the back, quickly growing outwards. My children have complained ever since I cut my hair and still do. Maybe they're right and I should forgo vanity to get some hair back on top of my head. Might help in a lot of areas right now.

Like needing fewer hats in the winter?
You could always cultivate this perennial look:
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25800000/Dumbledore-in-the-Great-Hall-albus-dumbledore-25819457-495-354.jpg

Unified Serenity
8th December 2011, 19:36
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25800000/Dumbledore-in-the-Great-Hall-albus-dumbledore-25819457-495-354.jpg

Handsome Devil! I love men with long hair as long as it's clean! Tres sexy.

Mark
8th December 2011, 19:36
Hehe, long hair, bald spot AND hats. I suppose there is something dignified about that. But then us long-haired baldies would have to wear very high hats to hide the chicken laying the egg, and remember to take it off and put the hen safely in her coop at night, so we can appear at least partly sexy in the dark.

Kristin
8th December 2011, 19:57
I've experimented with braiding my intentions into my hair, including protection, health, vigour, and calmness... IT WORKS!!! I had cut my hair after surviving and witnessing some pretty nasty things in New Orleans after Katrina, I wanted to clear the energy. I think it was a mistake, I should have chosen another way. I felt that I had lost touch with my antenna. Now I have long locks again and they are getting longer. I am very happy to have my long blond hair flowing again. As it increases in length and volume I feel the antenna lighting up even stronger. I try to only trim it during the full or new moon. It seems to grow best if I follow the same systems of farming... why not?

From the Heart,
Wormhole

Unified Serenity
8th December 2011, 19:59
Hehe, long hair, bald spot AND hats. I suppose there is something dignified about that. But then us long-haired baldies would have to wear very high hats to hide the chicken laying the egg, and remember to take it off and put the hen safely in her coop at night, so we can appear at least partly sexy in the dark.

Oh, bald is sexy too... I believe it shows confidence and is unpretentious especially if it's natural.

Unified Serenity
8th December 2011, 20:02
I've experimented with braiding my intentions into my hair, including protection, health, vigour, and calmness... IT WORKS!!! I had cut my hair after surviving and witnessing some pretty nasty things in New Orleans after Katrina, I wanted to clear the energy. I think it was a mistake, I should have chosen another way. I felt that I had lost touch with my antenna. Now I have long locks again and they are getting longer. I am very happy to have my long blond hair flowing again. As it increases in length and volume I feel the antenna lighting up even stronger. I try to only trim it during the full or new moon. It seems to grow best if I follow the same systems of farming... why not?

From the Heart,
Wormhole

I completely concur with you, and intention is everything. My hair grows like a weed despite my health issues. I just get tired of picking it up to roll over in bed. I can't french braid it, so it's either in a French twist or pony tail. I used to keep it short when I played tennis competitively and it did not seem to dampen my abilities. I think it is feeling good within, grounded, and balanced is what matters.

Serenity

evancruz1
8th December 2011, 20:09
Very interesting thread, can your sub-conscious guide you to growing your hair longer after 20 years of having short hair?

My wife likes it which is good enough for me...

Kristin
8th December 2011, 20:18
By the way Rahkyt, all self possessed men are sexy. You're doing fine. I agree with US, bald is beautiful. My husband did a study on baldness verses IQ and found that the balder you are the more likely you are to have a brain that's working overtime... perhaps more shine for the vitamin D3 to connect? LOL. At any rate, extreme alcoholic males were the least likely to loose their hair... I wouldn't suggest becoming an alcoholic, however. Then there is genetics...

From the Heart,
Wormhole

modwiz
9th December 2011, 00:57

From the Heart,
Wormhole

I have followed the Moon and haircutting for decades now. Same with planting or transplanting. Waxing or waning Moon matters to me and I never forget to check and plan.

It's our Way.

WhiteFeather
9th December 2011, 01:03
Interesting, to say the least.

DeDukshyn
9th December 2011, 01:05
I'm a long hair. Ever since I was a kid I seemed to "need" long hair. My mom hated it but was respectful enough to allow it. Long hair won't give you magic powers but if you are a sensitive then long hair will bring out those qualities. I believe hair is a crystalline structure (crystals can "tune" into high frequency energy -- think crystal radio tuner - all radio tuners need quartz crystal to pick up the signals) which may allow it to pick up higher frequency energy that our subtle bodies may be able to interpret, not unlike the crystals present in some of the glands of the human endocrine system -- this isn't "magic" or "witchcraft" -- there is science behind these principles.

Unified Serenity
9th December 2011, 01:45
I thought hair was a protein not crystal.

PixieDust
9th December 2011, 03:34
i had super long hair when i was a kid all the way down to my butt. i'd sit on it if it wasnt braided then i started cutting it in middle school shorter and shorter till high school when i started sporting a pixie cut.

I wore a pixie cut into college until i got pregnant and didnt want to look like a mom hahah

when i had short hair it brought out my spunky crazy side and now that i have hair down to the middle of my back im more subdued and emotional. as far as being more in touch or empathetic its possible that long hair contributes. But its hard to say because of the life style changes that came with the hair.

now to feed my wild side i either keep crazy layers in it or put weird color patterns in. Im naturally blonde but keep it colored primarily red, i always say im a redhead stuck in a blondes body, except for the occasional blonde moments of course ;)

modwiz
9th December 2011, 03:37
I colored my hair once and will never do it again. As soon as I was washing the dye out, my hair felt completely different. It wasn't like hair anymore, it felt fake, almost like plastic. I regretted doing it even before seeing how it came out color-wise. It looked fabulous.

Still, never again.

DeDukshyn
9th December 2011, 03:57

Proteins - collagen and minerals, yes - A crystalline structure just means the molecules line up in a specific pattern -- like the core of the earth is Iron - a metal but is a crystalline structure.

Also a great consideration (slightly off topic) is that water is a liquid crystal - most people don't realize this and the implications it holds.

DeDukshyn
9th December 2011, 04:51
I found this:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/234783-The-Truth-About-Hair-and-Why-Indians-Would-Keep-Their-Hair-Long

Main text below ...

"The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War.

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Vietnam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view.

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Vietnam.

Sally said, "I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor's Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Vietnam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these Indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious causalities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistently that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer 'sense' the enemy, they could no longer access a 'sixth sense', their 'intuition' no longer was reliable, they couldn't 'read' subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.

So the testing institute recruited more Indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.

Here is a Typical Test:

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed 'enemy' approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his 'sixth sense' and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and 'kills' him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistently failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long."

Comment:

The mammalian body has evolved over millions of years. Survival skills of human and animal at times seem almost supernatural. Science is constantly coming up with more discoveries about the amazing abilities of man and animal to survive. Each part of the body has highly sensitive work to perform for the survival and well being of the body as a whole.The body has a reason for every part of itself.

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brain stem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in numbing-out .

Cutting of hair is a contributing factor to unawareness of environmental distress in local ecosystems. It is also a contributing factor to insensitivity in relationships of all kinds. It contributes to sexual frustration.

Conclusion:

In searching for solutions for the distress in our world, it may be time for us to consider that many of our most basic assumptions about reality are in error. It may be that a major part of the solution is looking at us in the face each morning when we see ourselves in the mirror.

The story of Sampson and Delilah in the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated.

Reported by C. Young

Comment: SOTT can't confirm this story or the research it suggests took place, however, we have wondered on many occasions, what is the use of hair and why so many legends refer to hair as being a source of strength, from Samson, to Nazarenes, to the Long Haired Franks. "

modwiz
9th December 2011, 04:53

Proteins, collagen and minerals, yes - A crystalline structure just means the molecules line up in a specific pattern -- like the core of the earth is Iron - a metal but is a crystalline structure.

Also a great consideration (slightly off topic) is that water is a liquid crystal - most people don't realize this and the implications it holds.

The implication is huge. Most of the crystals in our body are liquid crystals. Lymph is the easiest case to make. When it dries it leaves a golden crystalline substance. These dissolved crystals still have their crystalline properties and are one of the portals of our multidimensional being. The mind/body connection is not a theory and we are living in many dimensions simultaneously. The crystals throughout our bodies allow for a smooth translation of the data from one level of reality to another.

Great point dedukshyn

Mark Aldebaran
9th December 2011, 07:21
There are big esoteric lessons in this.
Think of a composer; a mathematician; a rock musician; a guru; a classical conductor. Why have long hair when the men in our culture predominantly have short hair?
Now think what happens when a man goes to prison; joins the military; changes career.
What's the first thing a woman does when she gets dumped? Remember in Legends of The Fall when the woman cut her hair then shot herself?
Hair is the way the mind protects its content by surrounding itself in its own excreta in the same way that a turtle's shell offers physical protection.
To put it bluntly, hair is essentially brain ****. Hair is a tape recording of where your head was.
So a year ago (however many inches that was) that signature is still in your hair and determines what your mind receives.
So antenna, yes, in the sense that the hair now filters out other energy and prefers to pick up particular frequencies.
Is there any good or bad in long or short? No.
Think of long hair in music, and how the next wave of musicians have short hair.
Long is more sensitive to specific things, so is preferred by people that have found and are committed to their way of life.
(Keywords: committed, maintaining, sustaining, supporting, concentrated, intense, programmed, transmitting.)
Short is sensitive to everything, less discriminating, especially more open to change and new ideas.
(Keywords: innovation, radical, sloughing, new direction, revolution, starting over, letting go, open, dispersed, re-programmed, receiving.)

cheez_2806
11th December 2011, 01:10
this is very interesting~
My hair is short above my shoulders for about 4 years now. I can't remember how I was like with long hair....
I'm going to grow it out now! no cutting! see how it will turn out~

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Long is more sensitive to specific things, so is preferred by people that have found and are committed to their way of life.
(Keywords: committed, maintaining, sustaining, supporting, concentrated, intense, programmed, transmitting.)
Short is sensitive to everything, less discriminating, especially more open to change and new ideas.
(Keywords: innovation, radical, sloughing, new direction, revolution, starting over, letting go, open, dispersed, re-programmed, receiving.)

so...grow half side of my hair long and braided and the other half short??

Angushar
11th December 2011, 01:49
There is no way I could maintain all that hair..

Renne
11th December 2011, 02:03
When I was 15 I had my hair down to the middle of my back, too, and I refuse to cut it cause I felt it containing something. And as a teenage girl, I also had a really tough character that gave my mum a lot of headache. Somehow she realized cutting my hair will soften my character, just like cutting a sheep's hair an ox' penis. And yes, she did it.

Dawn
11th December 2011, 02:29
I have had short hair most of my adult life. I have had so many encounters with other dimensions, aliens, et's, and so on, that I cannot imagine how long hair would have made me more sensitive (Yikes!).

Nevertheless, I have envisioned myself in long hair all of my life, that is: when I see my self in my inner sight, I have long hair.

About 4 years ago I decided to grow it out, so that my outer countenance would match the inner one I always saw. I let it grow below my shoulders and down my back. It was very thin and frizzy and I looked unkempt no matter what I did. Since then I've begun taking daily Iodine as Iodoral or as liquid Lugal's iodine. Although I am not taking iodine for my hair, it has made a marked difference in the thickness and shine of my hair. A REALLY BIG difference. So, if you have thin hair and are reading this, please be aware that this is a symptom of lack of iodine.

After reading this, I am going to again grow my hair out. Hopefully it will not look awful and I can feel OK about my appearance.

naste.de.lumina
20th December 2013, 15:46
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554642_249045908575072_2101242638_n.jpg

Whenever I am asked why I keep the long hair over 10 years , I have a hard time answering . This is because due to a personal factor . Sometimes rational explanations fail to show the whole picture . Sometimes we can not express in words what is felt .
This scenario above will help me in the future because it answers a somewhat similar scenario .
I can not say that the phenomena that I have experienced are related to the fact that I have long hair. That's because these phenomena have occurred a year and a half ago . Period in which my attention to spirituality and knowledge in general , developed more strongly .
So it seems to me , that focused attention due to acquired knowledge about certain subjects , has much more influence than the size of the hair itself . But I can not judge whether or not the hair facilitates these experiences because I have no intention of cutting them .

http://prisaoplanetaria.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/native-american-elder-long-hair1-570x1024-cc3b3pia.jpg?w=610

Perhaps the ornament Native American Feather photo , is not just a ' ornament ' after all. Might serve as a kind of antenna attracting electromagnetic energy of the surroundings and channeling them to the brain .
' Sixth Sense ' captured in infinitum space / time via an bird antenna .

Hug .

Naste .

Milneman
20th December 2013, 21:39
When I had my hair long, and it was really long (I miss it...baldness..bah humbug ;)) I wore it that way to honour Grandmother Earth and affirm my connection to her. When I braided it, I braided it in the same way I would braid sweetgrass. If I braided it in two braids, I was honouring my male side and my female side, Grandfather Sky, Grandmother Earth. For me, at least, it was a connection and an affirmation to these deep spiritual beliefs. Not the same for every Nation, but that was how I was taught. ;)

I still have my hair. Never threw it away. Don't think I will either.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
20th December 2013, 22:00
I met a Navajo Indian named Irvine (lol!) on July 27th of this year.
He had the long, braided traditional hair and a long story that went with it.

Back in his glory days, Irvine lived in close proximity to Mormons.
They noticed he was intelligent and wanted to recruit him.
Unfortunately, they started hating his long Native American hair.
They asked him to get rid of it. He said it was a part of who he was.
It got to be such a conflict, that he left the Mormon movement over it.
Which was actually pretty darn sad for him, considering it's a tight community.

But that's what people get when they treat each other like property that must conform to a standard that no one can even explain.
They lost a really smart guy to alcohol and boredom when they got rid of Irvine because of his hair.

He should lose some weight and go to Hollywood!

naste.de.lumina
21st December 2013, 00:20
I always had a problem accepting the authority saying you should do this or that and think that way, fit this pattern, etc..
So working for large corporations in software development where the 'executive standard' reigns, was a way for me to proclaim my independence.
Long hair is tolerated but not 'approved'.
I liked the feelings generated by this 'challenge' standards.
My little 'revenge', so to speak.
Until I realized that my conscience will not tolerate more I work for those people
The hair is still long. ;)

Hug.

Naste.

Metaphor
21st December 2013, 02:21
Interesting thread. Ive been a long hair for the most of my life. The few years I had it short I felt like someone else. No girlfriends, completely lost and depressed. I let it grow a bit and my sense of pride reappeared. Now Ive decided at age of 40 to let it grow and I feel like myself again. This could of course also relate to the rockmusic culture I grew up in, I dont know.

Arak
21st December 2013, 08:21
While I was going thru my atheist / workout fanatic perioid I was bald. Then when I started my spiritual awekening I did let my hair grow. Now it is quite long already, may to my mid-back or so. And I must say, that in some weird way it does make me more sensitive and intuitive. That is why I was bit scared when at summer my hair started to fall in huge chunks. But luckily the pace has since slowed down and is now more or less normal. And luckily I have always had very thick and strong hair so the loss was quite invisible.

chocolate
12th March 2014, 15:42
The Spiritual Nature of Hair
by Deva Kaur Khalsa

Man (together with horses) is the only creature who grows longer hair on his head as he grows into adulthood. Left uncut, your hair will grow to a particular length and then stop all by itself at the correct length for you. From a yogic perspective, hair is an amazing gift of nature that can actually help raise the Kundalini energy (creative life force), which increases vitality, intuition, and tranquility.

Long ago people in many cultures didn't cut their hair, because it was a part of who they were. There were no salons. Often, when people were conquered or enslaved, their hair was cut as a recognized sign of slavery. It was also understood that this would serve as punishment and decrease the power of those enslaved.

The bones in the forehead are porous and function to transmit light to the pineal gland, which affects brain activity, as well as thyroid and sexual hormones. Cutting bangs which cover the forehead impedes this process. When Genghis Khan conquered China, he considered the Chinese to be a very wise, intelligent people who would not allow themselves to be subjugated. He therefore required all women in the country to cut their hair and wear bangs, because he knew this would serve to keep them timid and more easily controlled.

As whole tribes or societies were conquered, cut hair became so prevalent that the importance of hair was lost after a few generations, and hairstyles and fashion grew to be the focus.
The science of hair was one of the first technologies given by Yogi Bhajan when he came to America.

“When the hair on your head is allowed to attain its full, mature length, then phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin D are all produced, and enter the lymphatic fluid, and eventually the spinal fluid through the two ducts on the top of the brain. This ionic change creates more efficient memory and leads to greater physical energy, improved stamina, and patience.”

Yogi Bhajan explained that if you choose to cut your hair, you not only lose this extra energy and nourishment, but your body must then provide a great amount of vital energy and nutrients to continually re-grow the missing hair.

In addition, hairs are the antennas that gather and channel the sun energy or prana to the frontal lobes, the part of the brain you use for meditation and visualization. These antennas act as conduits to bring you greater quantities of subtle, cosmic energy. It takes approximately three years from the last time your hair was cut for new antennas to form at the tips of the hair.

In India, a Rishi is known as a wise one who coils his or her hair up on the crown of the head during the day to energize the brain cells, and then combs it down at night. A ‘rishi knot’ energizes your magnetic field (aura) and stimulates the pineal gland in the center of your brain.

During the day, the hair absorbs solar energy, but at night it absorbs lunar energy. Keeping the hair up during the day and down at night aids in this process. Braiding your hair at night will help your electromagnetic field balance out from the day.

When you put your hair up wet, it will tend to shrink and tighten a bit and even break as it dries. A better idea is to occasionally take the time to sit in the sun and allow your clean, wet hair to dry naturally and absorb some extra vitamin D. Yogis recommend shampooing the hair every 72 hours (or more frequently if the scalp sweats a great deal). It can also be beneficial to wash your hair after being upset to help process emotions.

Yogis also recommend using a wooden comb or brush for combing your hair as it gives a lot of circulation and stimulation to the scalp, and the wood does not create static electricity, which causes a loss of the hair’s energy to the brain. You will find that, if you comb your hair and scalp front to back, back to front, and then to the right and left several times, it will refresh you, no matter how long your hair is. All the tiredness of your day will be gone. For women, it is said that using this technique to comb your hair twice a day can help maintain youth, a healthy menstrual cycle, and good eyesight.

If you are bald or balding, the lack of hair energy can be counteracted with more meditation. If you are finding some silver strands in your hair, be aware that the silver or white color increases the vitamins and energy flow to compensate for aging.[which means that the body makes use of the melanin and other elements from the hair to utilize them internally elsewhere where needed]. For better (brain and not only) health as you age, try to keep your hair as natural and healthy as you can.
[ As a side note some may want to research the role of melanin in human health, the role of the Sun, and the connection to some cancer and autoimmune disorders. ]

When humans allow their hair to grow, they are welcoming the maturity, the responsibility of being fully-grown, and fully powerful. That is why you will find grace and calmness in a person with uncut hair from birth, if it is kept well. The Creator has a definite reason for giving you hair.

It is said that when you allow your hair to grow to its full length and coil it on the crown of the head, the sun energy, pranic life force, is drawn down the spine. To counteract that downward movement, the Kundalini life energy rises to create balance. In Yogi Bhajan’s words, “Your hair is not there by mistake. It has a definite purpose, which saints will discover and other men will laugh at.”

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/03/09/hair-and-spirituality/

~~~

Kidney Vitality and The Hair

In western medicine the kidneys perform the essential function of removing waste products from the blood and regulating the water fluid levels in the body. In the Chinese healing energetics, such as Qi Healing, sometimes referred to as Medical Qigong Therapy, the Kidneys or other organs are not viewed a ‘filters’ or ‘pumps’ but as pools of energy which vibrate at different frequencies and can only be understood in relationship to the body’s overall energy system.

The Kidneys are considered the source of all the vital energy or “Qi” within the body. They store all the reserve of Qi within the body so that it's available to be used in times of stress, or to heal, prevent illness or to age gracefully.

The Kidney energy is also reflected in our reproductive organs, the growth and condition of our teeth, bones and hair. As an example, if Kidney energy is strong, the hair will be healthy, thick and lustrous. If it is weak, the hair can be thin, brittle or may turn grey at an early age.

Traditional Dietary Suggestions to Strengthen Kidney Qi

Do not eat too much fruit or raw food.
Eat warm hearty soups, root vegetables such as turnips, onions and potatoes are good, also dark leafy green vegetables, asparagus, and celery are helpful, whole grains, and a little meat, if appropriate, is also helpful for this time of the year.
Use warming condiments, garlic and ginger.
Herbal teas such as nettle, juniper, ginseng, burdock, comfrey and marshmallow are good examples.
Water – The Kidneys are associated with the Water element. Drink ample water at room temperature throughout the day.
Kidney Shaped Foods – Black beans and kidney beans are excellent examples of kidney shaped food that nourish and benefit Kidney Qi.
Blue and Black Foods – The colors blue and black correspond to the Water element of the Kidneys and are thought to strengthen the Water element. Include some blueberries, blackberries, mulberry and black beans in your diet.
Seeds – Flax, pumpkin, sunflower, and black sesame seeds increase Kidney Qi.
Nuts – Walnuts and chestnuts have been found to be especially effective for increasing Kidney Qi.

http://www.qihealingsystem.com/blog/kidney-vitality---harmonizi.html

~~~

In The Five Tibetan Rites, or The Five Healing Tibetans, a way to strengthen the hair (and the whole body system) and possibly to reverse some aspects of aging is described to be achieved by practicing a whole body breathing (called also breathing through the pores), and the addition of combination of movements.

http://cache1.bdcdn.net/assets/images/book/large/9781/9058/9781905857968.jpg
http://www.bookdepository.com/Five-Healing-Tibetans-Jason-Gyre/9781905857968

~~~

I feel both men and women have already come to realize the potential and the reasons behind the manifestation and the power of the hair, even if only subconsciously at times. I haven't met a man who doesn't enjoy looking at a woman with beautiful hair, regardless of its color.

A great deal of effort has been put forward by those 'in the know' (from both social and religious circles) to suppress and cover up the true expression of that particular body-consciousness connection.
I feel it is time for us to reclaim that right of ours (and to remember).

As a side (to add to the opening post on the topic):
To Cover or Not to Cover: That is the Question - Jewish Hair Laws Through the Ages
By Leila Leah Bronner http://www.bibleandjewishstudies.net/articles/haircovering.htm

Concerning Long Hair and Beards in the Christian Tradition
http://orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/clergy_hair.aspx

Samurais also had Long Hair: http://www.pbs.org/empires/japan/enteredo_8.html

From Wikipedia:
Scientists also view the ability to grow very long hair as a result of sexual selection, since long and healthy hair is a sign of fertility and youth. Long lustrous (female and not only) hair is rated attractive by both men and women across cultures. An evolutionary psychology explanation for this attraction is that hair length and quality can act as a cue to youth and health, signifying a woman's reproductive potential. As hair grows slowly, long hair may reveal 2–3 years of a person's health status, nutrition, age and reproductive fitness. Malnutrition and deficiencies in minerals and vitamins due to starvation causes loss of hair or changes in hair color (dark hair turns reddish).

~~~

When I was a child my parents wouldn't let me have my hair long (I am a female), probably for ease of maintenance. In school (I lived during socialism) the rules about the hair condition were quite strict as well, particularly concerning the boys and their hair.

But as any untamed spirit would have it, I managed to fight off my personal pieces of freedom, and ever since I could have a say on any matter I have had longer hair.
On occasion, under the influence of someone's frowns/comments or the desire to change something on a more personal level, or probably thanks to fashion styles, I have had a few occasions when I've had my hair trimmed in some way or another. But I distinctly remember that one time during my childhood years, when I had long, curly, opinionated hair. Even if it was a brief moment of clarity, I still remember the feeling of running and the wind singing in my hair.
At present my hair grows as long as I can handle it, and the grayish strands do not bother me so much, for there are natural (more or less) ways to keep everything in some way presentable. But I wouldn't say having longer hair is a prerequisite for being 'spiritual' , 'enlightened' or 'artistic', although in the (western social and) art circles men have more freedom of expression and nobody judges them so much. In my own understanding our hair should be observed both as a tool and as an expression, and can be used as a sign to bring the body into more balance (of sorts).
But as far as I have observed in this world, nothing we tend to think of as 'a given', 'a normal', or even 'a natural', should be taken too literary. Everything is a part of a greater balancing act, and the condition of our hair through the life stages is not an exception.

---
I considered the topic of the human hair as one excellent example of both science and spirituality [which for me are two expressions of one and the same] meeting, and possibly shaking hands, on this particular forum.

Since we have these (amazing) human bodies, we might consider making full (spiritual and physical) use of them.
---

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened."
Tao Te Ching

:)

SEAM
13th March 2014, 17:03
Many Thanks Viking.. I'd never really thought of this before.. however, I do flinch when anyone tries to touch my hair.. never knew why until now. In fact, I cut my own hair, and have for the last 30 years.. and now I know why...Makes me wonder if some tribes, or members of tribes have different styles - like a mohawk - to activate just one or two centers of the brain.. anyway. this was a fun discovery - thanks again..

Here's a quote from a Youtube video:
Hair is a sacred thing as you know Steve...contains extention of our spirit. Even when we die our hair continues to grow awhile. In Oglala culture hair is very important...more in the old days then it is nowdays, because alot of youth dont seem to recognise the importance. But Chubbs Thunderhawk (part family) told me that even when we brush our hair, any hair that is left in the brush should not be thrown away...but to mix it with sage and burn it, then offer it to the earth. That's how sacred hair is. When a person passes on, the hair is braided tight to the scalp and cut off...then kept by the family for one year (to keep the spirit near and so the spirit can adjust to the death), then after one year a ceremony (Wiping away of tears/releasing of spirit) is done, and the hair lock is burned with sage or sweetgrass and sacred song and prayers. Hair is sacred to other people also, orthodox jews, muslims, etc. I think the youth should be taught these things so that repsect and understanding is born to them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNhkx5ZBmwU

Wizard Of Ozark
13th March 2014, 17:16
Maybe that's why those Buddhist monks meditate so much. To compensate spiritually for that lack of hair! ;)

GreenGuy
13th March 2014, 23:37
I've always suspected that story about the Native Americans in Vietnam to be an urban legend. Nevertheless, I do feel that long hair promotes a different level of awareness. As a 60s holdover (or survivor), I've worn it long most of my life, and like someone else said, I don't really feel like I'm myself when it's short.

Now that I'm older, my hair grows much more slowly. At my age I'm lucky I even have it. Decades ago, I let it reach my belt. Honestly, it was more trouble than it was worth. Now, it's just a few inches past my shoulders and only gets longer very, very slowly. I guess it's been about ten years since I've cut my hair.

Krist
14th March 2014, 15:29
I have had short hair all my life,shaved close face and head.I quit shaving and cutting my hair in December of 2013.Not sure why ,maybe just a feeling of change needed.

Thank you for this thread and forum input to all.I will enjoy having my new receptors and looking forward to a possible fresh connection to the Mother Earth.

The new hair was greatly appreciated for this winters cold weather,in the minus temps the beard became an icy face mask to protect from the cold winds.

GreenGuy
3rd April 2014, 07:15
I have had short hair all my life,shaved close face and head.I quit shaving and cutting my hair in December of 2013.Not sure why ,maybe just a feeling of change needed...I will enjoy having my new receptors and looking forward to a possible fresh connection to the Mother Earth.

Krist, you've provided us with a perfect control model. I'd love it if you reported back to us periodically on how your hair makes you feel different. Not talking about style effects, of course. I'm curious whether you actually notice a difference, and how it affects you.

Krist
3rd April 2014, 15:37
I have had short hair all my life,shaved close face and head.I quit shaving and cutting my hair in December of 2013.Not sure why ,maybe just a feeling of change needed...I will enjoy having my new receptors and looking forward to a possible fresh connection to the Mother Earth.

Krist, you've provided us with a perfect control model. I'd love it if you reported back to us periodically on how your hair makes you feel different. Not talking about style effects, of course. I'm curious whether you actually notice a difference, and how it affects you.

Will do GreenGuy ! It could be interesting....Already realizing my personal appearance was greatly influenced by what seemed appropriate to the heartland culture.Noticing how people approach me differently now as apposed to my former clean cut appearance .Wow ,same guy .....may be a little more grizzly.

The Truth Is In There
6th April 2014, 13:14
i used to have long hair from age 15 to 30. around age 30 i moved to a new place in which the natural polarity is different than it was before, it's about 35% generating and 65% degenerating physicality.

generating here means building up physically and degenerating means breaking down physically. since the universe it always in balance it's exactly the opposite spiritually, meaning 65% generating spiritually and 35% degenerating.

before age 30 with long hair my focus was nevertheless towards the outside. i spent a lot of time with friends and no time with studies, books, learning and spiritual development.

when i moved to the new place all that changed within months. i spent very little time with friends and a lot of time with books, learning and spiritual development. the focus went from outside to inside. the cause for this was by no means cutting the hair, that was just an interesting side-effect, but the difference in the natural polarity of the place.

by now i can actually feel the different polarity of places and things. my body reacts differently to it. i still have short hair but a while ago i decided to let it grow long again. i'm now 35 and while i don't consider my spiritual development finished, not by a long shot, i have reached a point at which i'm comfortable with directing my focus more outward again.

interestingly enough, i'm currently trying to buy a new place which is about 85% generating physically, and only 15% degenerating. this is very good for health but will decrease the spiritual/inside focus to a bare minimum after a while.

what's also interesting is that the chinese believe that the age from 20-30 is more extroverted, from 30-40 more introverted, from 40-50 more extroverted again and so on. now here i am at the midpoint in my "introvert" period and decide that it's time to change my focus from inside to outside again, not because the chinese say so but because it feels right.

it is remarkable how all these things work for us in our development if we let them, even down to moving to certain places in which the polarity of the two universal forces is just right for what we intend to do.

now, what does this have to do with hair length?

i learned to feel the "energy" of places and things (i use "energy" although it is not the right word because it is not energy, only the illusion of energy) with my hair short, so it does work even with short hair, but i'm convinced that as it grows longer again my capability of feeling and differentiating between the generating and degenerating forces will increase, too.

this is very helpful when deciding what to eat because it allows you find out what generates life and avoid that which degenerates. for example, in the past the people who had this ability were able to recognize toxic plants and avoided them. animals still do it this way but most humans can't because their bodies have become numb.

Arak
6th April 2014, 15:25
Maybe that's why those Buddhist monks meditate so much. To compensate spiritually for that lack of hair! ;)
I actually think that the real reason is to stay as zen as possible. My experience is that long hair does amplify sensitivity and if one is very sensitive and emotional it is quite impossible to remain calm.

GuyFox
6th April 2014, 16:05
So the Sikhs have it right after all?

http://www.sikhdharma.org/files/images/kesh2.jpg

Sikh ladies too !

http://kaurthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/tumblr_mprm2bgpud1r9ga5mo1_500.jpg