PDA

View Full Version : Iran intercepts a RQ-170 sentinel from USA

aonascimento
8th December 2011, 18:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVBVhN8aZzU&feature=player_embedded

13th Warrior
8th December 2011, 19:04
I didn't listen to the audio on the video clip; here is my perspective.

The drone shown looks like a prototype craft.

It's definitely not a missile intercepted US drone as it's completely intact; if it is in fact an intercepted craft; it was captured by other means.

aonascimento
8th December 2011, 19:38
You´re right. They said it was brought down by cyber warfare, in other words, by means of electronic devices.

Amity
8th December 2011, 20:15
so another face of the dice is shown.

Snoweagle
8th December 2011, 20:37
False flag. Actors in front of model. BBC quality rhetorical spin. A good time to release information.
So not only did they supposedly overcome the shielding, both mechanical and electronic but they "mastered" the flight controls to land it in one piece? Yeh right lol
Good for the telly tubby intellects struggling with their android phone gadgets to holler "gosh" and twitter their fears about nasty Iran. roflmao
There is no trusted source on this planet that will ever convince me that this actually took place in the manner described.

Carmody
8th December 2011, 21:20
latest wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_RQ-170_Sentinel):

There were a number of reports, which the New York Times described as "unconfirmed", that RQ-170s spied over Iran on its missile and nuclear programs in 2011.[22] On 4 December 2011, Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency reported that the Iranian Army's electronic warfare unit[23] had downed an RQ-170 that violated Iranian airspace along its eastern border and captured the lightly damaged wreckage of the UAV, claiming that they had succeeded in hijacking its controls.[24] The Iranian government released footage of a captured RQ-170 on 8 December.[25] The drone appeared to be largely undamaged.[26][27] The US military released a statement acknowledging that it had lost control of a UAV during the previous week, claiming that it was "flying a mission over western Afghanistan" when control was lost. The statement did not specify the model of the aircraft. The US military also stated that it was still investigating the cause of the loss.[28] On 5 December Fox News reported that US military sources had confirmed to it that the remains of an RQ-170 had been captured by Iranian forces, though the US government had "absolutely no indication" about what caused the loss.[29] On 6 December, US officials admitted that the drone belonged to the CIA and not to ISAF as was earlier stated.[30] The Iranian government claimed it had shot down American UAVs on several earlier occasions, but this was the first time it produced evidence to support its claims.[citation needed]

Iran exhibited the top-secret US stealth drone RQ-170 Sentinel captured on Sunday, Dec. 4. The UAV appeared to be undamaged, leading BBC's Frank Gardner to side with the Iranian claim that they brought it down via electronic hijacking.[31]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If this is indeed the case, you've got some of the most sensitive 'publicly acknowledged to exist' military hardware in the world, dumped on foreign soil, by the CIA. gee....that never happens.

mojo
8th December 2011, 21:41
If it was brought down would our gov have technology onboard that would provide a hint of how far ahead the military technology is or would the Gov realize its do dangerous to place secret technology on a craft that can be downed and studied? Im sure a few countries are having a bidding war going on right now...

Zepheriah
9th December 2011, 08:12
Good for the telly tubby intellects struggling with their android phone gadgets to holler "gosh" and twitter their fears about nasty Iran.

Excuse me, this is a bit insulting isn't it?

So you believe that because the majority are not aware of what we are aware of they are dumb? That just smacks of utter ignorance and prejudice, seeing as your mocking a different societal group for their views/lack of knowledge, and you should be ashamed.

Also, I use an Android device, its incredibly useful, and before anyone says otherwise its carrier IQ free. It allows me to effortlessly view this forum and other sites on the move, I can keep in better contact with the 'alternative world' with info and weblinks sent directly to my phone, so that I can view them at my leisure.

The technology isn't bad, its not evil, its the execution of its use that gives it meaning.

As for the thread, my juries out. Iranians don't live in caves, if a nation has the means to produce and develop a nuclear power station and launch cyber attacks on other nations, then who of us here can legitimately claim they are incapable of doing something like this?

Tangri
9th December 2011, 08:41
I didn't listen to the audio on the video clip; here is my perspective.

The drone shown looks like a prototype craft.

It's definitely not a missile intercepted US drone as it's completely intact; if it is in fact an intercepted craft; it was captured by other means.

I do not know why did you confused about RQ-170 sentinel that it can not be captured by electronic warfare. Are you underestimating IRAN?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_RQ-170_Sentinel

Tangri
9th December 2011, 08:45
False flag. Actors in front of model. BBC quality rhetorical spin. A good time to release information.
So not only did they supposedly overcome the shielding, both mechanical and electronic but they "mastered" the flight controls to land it in one piece? Yeh right lol
Good for the telly tubby intellects struggling with their android phone gadgets to holler "gosh" and twitter their fears about nasty Iran. roflmao
There is no trusted source on this planet that will ever convince me that this actually took place in the manner described.

Only I could say " wake up please"

Cjay
9th December 2011, 12:31
Smells like propoganda to me.

pharoah21
9th December 2011, 12:39
Please don't be stupid people. Go to Iran and see what they're technology is like. I'm sure the majority of households still use VCR's and Cassette players.

How stupid are the U.S to think that people will really believe this crap.