PDA

View Full Version : Gamers could be war criminals, Red Cross says

Kerrigan
8th December 2011, 22:34
The Red Cross is investigating whether 600 million gamers are violating the Hague and Geneva conventions when they kill and blow stuff up for fun.

Delegates at the 31st International Conference of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Red Crescent raised the concerns over the potential “International Humanitarian Law” violations – which can constitute war crimes - during a workshop in Geneva.

Read more:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/six-hundred-million-gamers-could-be-war-criminals-red-cross-says/story-e6frfrt9-1226216184190

So there, you have it, this organization is more concern with virtual life and with real life. Shouldn't they be out there, saving lives or whatever their mission is?

War crimes my friends, when you blow up a zombie's head in a video game. But going into war without the consent of the congress isn't?? Interesting logic, to say the less.

:flypig:

Angushar
8th December 2011, 23:52
Wow, that's pretty stupid...
it's called a 'game' for a reason.

Zepheriah
9th December 2011, 08:58
Best hand myself in now then, avoid the furore later :P

pyriel
9th December 2011, 09:40
WOW!!! Really...... yea, I'm such a murderous bastard for playing a game once in a while where I kill fake people, animals, creatures, etc... Some how I dont think my friends and the dog and the cat would agree with that. No one should be donating anything to the red cross, They pocket most of that money anyways.