PDA

View Full Version : Science And Spirituality Can Transform Our World... Together

Mark
10th December 2011, 16:00
I find it quite interesting to blog the MSM sites like Huffington Post these days to find out where the trend of mass consciousness is going. Seeing articles such as this in a forum such as that reveals that even the PTW understand that they cannot stop what is here, let alone what is coming. That the power of mass consciousness cannot be halted, but only subtly influenced, as the gross attempts to do so in the past have resulted in a cascading avalanche of failed propagandas and systems.

They are approaching the idea of Oneness, while attempting to retain separation, which is a start. Putting together all of the information, synthesizing it, creating a holistic worldview that speaks to lived existence at the most basic level seems to be the way to reach those deeper levels of knowing that lie just beneath the veneer of waking consciousness for most.

Science And Spirituality Can Transform Our World... Together (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-and-michael-meloan/human-narrative-_b_955039.html?ref=consciousness)

For hundreds of years, science has illuminated the mysteries of our universe, allowing us to conquer diseases, manipulate genomes, visit other planets and explore the wonders of space and time. But as a result of these profound and inarguable successes, science has also become the de facto cultural filter through which our broader societal norms, behaviors and institutions have developed and evolved. Newtonian physics established a physical reality composed of discrete and separate objects, operating according to predictable laws of time and space -- the universe as a giant billiard table. And Darwinian evolution established the biological world as a tooth-and-claw realm of scarcity, competition and "survival of the fittest." The end conclusions of this centuries-old scientific story is that we are accidents of the cosmos, living on a lonely planet in the cold depths of space, vying for limited resources in a frequently violent and tumultuous competition for supremacy. The implicit notion that we are walking husks for "selfish genes" pervades everything, from our economic and business institutions to our day-to-day interactions.

But an increasing number of scientific, philosophical and spiritual thinkers are arriving at the conclusion that this mechanistic take on the human story is fundamentally incomplete. Darwinian narratives of "survival of the fittest," and mechanistic Newtonian physics are increasingly being seen as elements of a far greater and richer tapestry. Quantum entanglement, or Einstein's "spooky action at a distance," demonstrates that our universe is interconnected in ways we might never have imagined, down to the most basic particle level. And the discovery of "mirror neurons" in humans and other primates demonstrates that simply seeing something happen to another creature lights up the same neurons as if it were happening to us. In a very real sense, we don't entirely distinguish between "the self" and others. And this is particularly true when witnessing suffering. Compassion and empathy seem to be hard-wired into us.

Read more here ... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-and-michael-meloan/human-narrative-_b_955039.html?ref=consciousness)

Jenci
10th December 2011, 17:59
I find it quite interesting to blog the MSM sites like Huffington Post these days to find out where the trend of mass consciousness is going. Seeing articles such as this in a forum such as that reveals that even the PTW understand that they cannot stop what is here, let alone what is coming. That the power of mass consciousness cannot be halted, but only subtly influenced, as the gross attempts to do so in the past have resulted in a cascading avalanche of failed propagandas and systems.

Thanks for posting, Rahkyt. It's interesting to see it being discussed.

I think it is no coincidence as the trend towards consciousness is growing that people, in general, have become more identified with the body and mind.

I think the PTB know that to prevent us waking up that they need to close the prision tighter on us and lock us in this body. The obsession with how we look has grown in staggering ways in the last few years. It used to be just women who worried about appearance, now men have become obsessed and even children too, the young and the old too.

If we weren't so distracted with fashion, botox and weight we may just actually realise that we are not our bodies........

Yes, I would guess "they" are worried how this movement towards consciousness is growing.
Jeanette

alienHunter
10th December 2011, 18:03
very true, very true

Corncrake
10th December 2011, 18:31
Thanks for posting - it is interesting seeing what is going on in the MSM though I would suggest that Huff Post is quite liberal!

The newest research demonstrates that it is not about 'survival of the fittest' (I should add that the present day interpretation of this is not quite what Darwin originally meant) but community. People who look after their friends and neighbours prosper. There is the well known case of the Italian immigrant community of Roseto (see Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers or Lynne McTaggert's The Bond) who didn't suffer heart disease like many of their contemporaries. They didn't have a particularly healthy diet and yet for men over 65 the death rate was roughly half that of the US as a whole. Researchers discovered this was due to their close community - they had large extended families and took the time to talk and care for one another.

There has been a movement towards consciousness since the 1960's but it is often in the MSM just dismissed as 'New Age' which like 'Conspiracy Theory' has become a disparaging term. I was with a friend in Fulham in London the other day and wanted to go into a shop where there were books on UFO's in the window. It was the Aetherious Society which was started by Dr George King. Anyway she refused to go in in case anybody saw her! So we still have some way to go.

shamanseeker
10th December 2011, 18:34
Excellent post, Rahkyt! Thank you!

Mark
10th December 2011, 18:34
Thanks for posting, Rahkyt. It's interesting to see it being discussed.

You're quite welcome, nice to meet you and welcome to Avalon, it's good to see positive spiritual folk like yourself posting up assertively.

I think it is no coincidence as the trend towards consciousness is growing that people, in general, have become more identified with the body and mind.

Hm, good point. hence, the aerobic-ization of Yoga, which is really a synching of the physical, mental and spiritual, but which is being done now with a subtle emphasis on its exercise aspect, the implication being, firm up your body so you look better so you can attract a mate so you can buy makeup so you can have a relationship buy a tv get a house blah blah further systemic immersion. It's all self-reflection, an absorption with the narcissistic tendencies of society which acts to distract even those who consider themselves firmly upon a spiritual path. Listening to the voice within, instead of the stillness beyond that.

I think the PTB know that to prevent us waking up that they need to close the prision tighter on us and lock us in this body. The obsession with how we look has grown in staggering ways in the last few years. It used to be just women who worried about appearance, now men have become obsessed and even children too, the young and the old too.

Metrosexuals, yes. And the kids, the younger teenagers and tweens, who all want to be famous and on television, who are into all of the social networks and the phones, communicating inanities, which is part and parcel of being that age, granted. But with the distraction of their parents by work (or looking for a job) or the hopelessness of their own situation, the MSM serves as surrogate parent, even to adults, as you said. The mind control is as complete as they can make it, but again, they can only influence, they cannot, really, control, because we have free will and people can and must eventually make a different choice, outside of the control structure, as some are doing now.

If we weren't so distracted with fashion, botox and weight we may just actually realise that we are not our bodies........

Yes, I would guess "they" are worried how this movement towards consciousness is growing.
Jeanette

If they are who we think they are then they have known this time was coming for a long, long time. Despite those who seek to distract us purely with the material, there is an extra-dimensional reality that co-exists alonside the world we directly inhabit that influences culture and each of us, individually. Depending upon how deep one is willing to go into explanations for the current state of world affairs, it could be argued that, on an energetic level, the pendulum swing of the balance from the dark to light side of the yin-yang symbol must occur in the form of conflict and a gradual shifting, rather than immediate course-changes. Knowing what is inevitable, then it becomes a matter, for those forces who are service-to-self, of securing one's one safety.

For those who do not believe in prophecy and such things, the descent into the catastrophic timeline is well on its course and questions of consciousness are almost purely intellectual in nature, with little regard for the higher aspects past simple morality.

alienHunter
10th December 2011, 18:42
"For those who do not believe in prophecy and such things, the descent into the catastrophic timeline is well on its course and questions of consciousness are almost purely intellectual in nature, with little regard for the higher aspects past simple morality."

I'm more inclined to think those with this predisposition are more preoccupied with the 'lower aspects' of simple morality.

Mark
10th December 2011, 18:50
I'm more inclined to think those with this predisposition are more preoccupied with the 'lower aspects' of simple morality.

LOL semantics, but ok. language is notoriously imprecise. i'm sure you're correct.

alienHunter
10th December 2011, 18:56
I'll have to agree... :biggrin:

Jenci
10th December 2011, 21:45
If they are who we think they are then they have known this time was coming for a long, long time. Despite those who seek to distract us purely with the material, there is an extra-dimensional reality that co-exists alonside the world we directly inhabit that influences culture and each of us, individually. Depending upon how deep one is willing to go into explanations for the current state of world affairs, it could be argued that, on an energetic level, the pendulum swing of the balance from the dark to light side of the yin-yang symbol must occur in the form of conflict and a gradual shifting, rather than immediate course-changes. Knowing what is inevitable, then it becomes a matter, for those forces who are service-to-self, of securing one's one safety.

Good point about the yoga. I've also read that some mind control victims are programmed to have eating disorders.

It's ironic as they squeeze us more into the body/mind, the more of us wake. Many people who have had spontaneous spiritual awakenings have them because it becomes absolutely unbearable living in the body. This is what happened to me too.

I see parallels with my own awakening with what is happening to humanity as a whole. Everyone is getting squeezed tighter and tighter and the pain and the suffering is being racheted up to the point of being unbearable.

Terence Mckenna talks about the squeeze and trauma of the baby in the birth canal before it enters a new world. I think that description is apt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALeT-PUE6kA

source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALeT-PUE6kA

Thanks for the welcome :)
Jeanette

music
11th December 2011, 04:57
There is no conflict between the polarities (because fundamentally this is what is being discussed here) except that which we have constructed. We have chosen to demonise the dark and exalt the light, and the intuitive spirituality of the feminine principle is sorely needed to balance the rationality to which we have become enslaved. As those of us who wish too move into higher dimensional consciousness will discover, the polarities sit very well together if we would only let them, so much so that the separation paradigm becomes nonsensical within 5D consciousness. We forget that the polarities are necessary only to function in the rigid physical straightjacket of 3D so we may learn and find our way back to unity (Love).

Miller
11th December 2011, 11:23
I think that collectively the more powerful and loving right sides of our brains are at last starting to overcome the dominant, controlling and fearful left sides and that, once unleashed, consciousness will break loose like an avalanche and we will all be free. That's what I'm hoping for anyway . . . :)

ktlight
11th December 2011, 12:53
I think that collectively the more powerful and loving right sides of our brains are at last starting to overcome the dominant, controlling and fearful left sides and that, once unleashed, consciousness will break loose like an avalanche and we will all be free. That's what I'm hoping for anyway . . . :)

The avalanche is what happened to David Icke, remember? I want not an avalanche but a gentle sweep, so as not to be overwhelming.

Jenci
11th December 2011, 14:45
The avalanche is what happened to David Icke, remember? I want not an avalanche but a gentle sweep, so as not to be overwhelming.

Fortunately for most people it is a gentle sweep which allows a smoother integration of consciousness within the body.
Jeanette

ghostrider
11th December 2011, 14:59
survival of the fittest, then the weakest would have never taken root, all we would have is the strong. strenth is made perfect in weakness. everything is made of atoms, so we are all tiny paritcles bouncing around in different orders...reflecting light and morphing with heat. we all in the fishtank together whether on the surface or at the bottom of the reef, the beauty is in the deep.

Mark
11th December 2011, 16:30
It's ironic as they squeeze us more into the body/mind, the more of us wake. Many people who have had spontaneous spiritual awakenings have them because it becomes absolutely unbearable living in the body. This is what happened to me too.

I see parallels with my own awakening with what is happening to humanity as a whole. Everyone is getting squeezed tighter and tighter and the pain and the suffering is being racheted up to the point of being unbearable.

Terence Mckenna talks about the squeeze and trauma of the baby in the birth canal before it enters a new world. I think that description is apt.

It does seem that we are being re-birthed, into a new perception of reality. How the actualy physicality (or lack thereof) will manifest itself remains up for debate. Personally I'm not too invested in any of the theories, as i've decided that living my life and dealing with my personal issues and trying to be there for those around me in the best way possible is all I can be capable of presently. I would be interested in hearing more about your own personal spiritual awakening. My own experience has been life-long, as I have been wierd since I was very small, according to those around me and my own reflection upon my past. The tightness that you speak of does indeed seem to be awakening many, but at the same time, it is acting to condense others, harder and harder, until, I suppose, they achieve the ultimate manifestation of materiality and become the densest service-to-self entities possible within the span of this world and any below.

There is no conflict between the polarities (because fundamentally this is what is being discussed here) except that which we have constructed. We have chosen to demonise the dark and exalt the light, and the intuitive spirituality of the feminine principle is sorely needed to balance the rationality to which we have become enslaved. As those of us who wish too move into higher dimensional consciousness will discover, the polarities sit very well together if we would only let them, so much so that the separation paradigm becomes nonsensical within 5D consciousness. We forget that the polarities are necessary only to function in the rigid physical straightjacket of 3D so we may learn and find our way back to unity (Love).

Both are necessary as manifestations of materiality, yes. I think we're here for a reason but I'd like to question your formulation above. Since, you say, there is no conflict between the polarities and our exaltation of the light over the darkness is a relative choice and, by implication, it doesn't matter which you choose, do you believe that you can reunite with source through both the dark and the light? That those of both polarities, as they progress along their paths, eventually end up in the same destination?

All of us? Each and every one? Even those whose paths are in opposition to your own, if I may ask?

survival of the fittest, then the weakest would have never taken root, all we would have is the strong. strenth is made perfect in weakness. everything is made of atoms, so we are all tiny paritcles bouncing around in different orders...reflecting light and morphing with heat. we all in the fishtank together whether on the surface or at the bottom of the reef, the beauty is in the deep.

Beautifully said. Although I am not a Nietzchean or enamored of the social darwinian viewpoint I recognize its applicability when speaking of dichotomous existence and as a chosen perspective. All perspectives must be, as you imply, which is the sum total of this imperfect Creation.

Jenci
11th December 2011, 22:07
Personally I'm not too invested in any of the theories, as i've decided that living my life and dealing with my personal issues and trying to be there for those around me in the best way possible is all I can be capable of presently.
I think this is a perfect way to live this life.

I would be interested in hearing more about your own personal spiritual awakening.
I'm an alcoholic. I tried to quit for 10 years. Every day was groundhog day - regret from the night before and working out a solution not to drink, then ending up drunk again.

In the end I despised alcohol and the smell and the taste were horrible so drinking it became really painful.

One morning the despair and shame was so great, my mind came to the conclusion that it had no more solutions and that I was going to drink again. My mind - the great problem solver - just went quiet.

Absolutely no thought left. Just silence. The silence was unfathomable. I was unable to move and speak.

As I came out of this state a some time later, I knew that I would never drink again. I assumed God had told me this but it wasn't a voice, just a knowing.

I was in a state of bliss for many months but the need for alcohol was replaced with the spiritual search and it was intense. I found it very difficult to talk to people during this time. There were very long periods of just sitting and staring.
I couldn't bear to be around people.

One day I just stopped praying. I had no idea why but I knew it was OK. Those little synchronicities in life led me to Tolle's Power of Now and when I read how his awakening happened, it all started to make sense about what had happened to me, in that when my mind went quiet, I went beyond it. I had stopped praying because who prays to whom?

I then went from bliss into hell. I had about 10 months of extreme emotions. Lots of anger and rage and emotional pain so physical I screamed like I was in childbirth. I was 'caught in the tiger's mouth'.

I had no-one to guide me - I just used books and videos on you tube of spiritual teachers. Adyashanti's book End of Your World was by my side all the time and it helped me all the way through this process.

At one point I was overwhelmed with the fear of impending death and it was absolutely terrifying until I shouted out that I was willing to die for the truth. The silence fell again and I got my first glimpse of everything being one. I was unable to speak for a long time and just looking at my body was a very strange experience.

When that state was over, the fear of death had gone. I've since had a few experiences of everything as one but they just last for a second or two before separation is back.

After I went through all the emotions, I just put down all the spirtual books. There was just a sense of everthing just happening by itself. The silence is here now even when my mind is noisy. A lot of my fears, desires and needs have just fallen away.

I still cling to some really strange things. I'm still frightened of spiders but not frightened of death, lol. I've seen that Jeanette's life is just a blink of an eye in the totality of my existance. I've seen that emotional issues I've had in my life were brought into this life, although I have not actually seen past lives. I've seen that the whole point of my life has been to wake up.

My ego still reacts to certain things but it's just seen that everything is just OK and everything is just allowed to play out. If my mind gets disturbed it just doesn't have the impact it used to. My sense of time has changed and when things happen they are just gone for me alot of the time.

Although there feels like there is movement with the sense of a journey or a process and "I am not quite done yet", there is also the sense that it is just all here now, unchanging.

Jeanette

Mark
11th December 2011, 23:33
I would say "hallelujah" and "amen" but neither of those feel apropos to the situation. Beautifully stated. When you wrote about the silence I immediately thought of Tolle and "The Power of Now". What a powerful testimony. I resonate to your truth and am glad that you decided to come to Avalon to share it with the rest of us. I particularly resonate to something that you said at the end:

"My sense of time has changed and when things happen they are just gone for me alot of the time".

Both of those things are, in essence, sure signs of the shift in who you are to others. Especially the latter. The ability to move on immediately, taking what is necessary from an experience and not holding on to the rest. I'm sure you've experienced the 'crazy look' that people give you when you don't respond 'like you should'. But then, I'm sure those around you are coming to grips with your transformation. And that your world as experienced is changing right along with you. Bless.

Jenci
12th December 2011, 13:23
Both of those things are, in essence, sure signs of the shift in who you are to others. Especially the latter. The ability to move on immediately, taking what is necessary from an experience and not holding on to the rest. I'm sure you've experienced the 'crazy look' that people give you when you don't respond 'like you should'. But then, I'm sure those around you are coming to grips with your transformation. And that your world as experienced is changing right along with you. Bless.

Thanks for your kind words, Rahkyt.

I like to think that awakening is freedom to, rather than freedom from.
Freedom to feel all my feelings but not holding onto things in the past is liberatring.

So many people carry all their past stuff around as a burden. There is much suffering because of it but none of it exists.
Jeanette

Mark
12th December 2011, 13:52
I like to think that awakening is freedom to, rather than freedom from.
Freedom to feel all my feelings but not holding onto things in the past is liberatring.

So many people carry all their past stuff around as a burden. There is much suffering because of it but none of it exists.
Jeanette

The Past is a burden. We all have to go through that realization. We hold on to it like life since it so often defines who we think we are Without our pasts, who are we? Without my past, am I anybody? Will anybody know me?

Do my past mistakes define me? If ever I was to be famous and they did a show about me, would all of my past mistakes come to light and define who I am for the world? Will that be a true rendition of my BEing in this moment?

Neurology has made so many strides in understanding the brain and how it wires together. The documentary, What the Bleep Do We Know, did a great job of highlighting the inconstancy of our self-image and our belief systems for many people. Thoughts that wire together fire together. If I believe I am that, I am that.

If I believe he is that now because he was that then he will always remain that in my mind he cannot be other than that because I cannot be other than this.

It's so sad. But compassion is all that works. And, I guess, that, in the end, is Love.

music
12th December 2011, 18:46
Both are necessary as manifestations of materiality, yes. I think we're here for a reason but I'd like to question your formulation above. Since, you say, there is no conflict between the polarities and our exaltation of the light over the darkness is a relative choice and, by implication, it doesn't matter which you choose, do you believe that you can reunite with source through both the dark and the light? That those of both polarities, as they progress along their paths, eventually end up in the same destination?

I believe that reunion with source is that moment when we fully intergrate all our aspects of light and dark within the heartspace. This is when we opt out of the wheel of rebirth, for we have then learned all that we agreed to join this game to learn. Following the path of pure darkness (not the perverted or co-opted darkness that we call evil) will lead to the same revelations as following the path of pure light (yes, the light can be perverted too), because each contains the other, but true wisdom can only be achieved when one is whole. Think of the complexity of human sexuality - we are all various mixtures of expressed feminine, unexpressed feminine, expressed masculine, unexpressed masculine - what appears one thing on the surface (e.g. male or female) is, in fact, all things within.

another bob
12th December 2011, 19:29
I believe that reunion with source is that moment when we fully intergrate all our aspects of light and dark within the heartspace.

Lovely! My understanding is that union with Source is our actual nature and condition, fully realized when our vibrational frequency is brought up to the same level as Source while in our native Light Being form. I see this process mirrored in the relationship between lover and beloved, or as expressed by Meher Baba:

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved. But since God is Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself. And in order to love Himself He must imagine himself as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He loves.

Beloved and Lover implies separation. And separation creates longing; and longing causes search. And the wider and the more intense the search the greater the separation and the more terrible the longing.

When longing is most intense separation is complete, and the purpose of separation, which was that Love might experience itself as Lover and Beloved, is fulfilled; and union follows. And when union is attained, the lover knows that he himself was all along the Beloved whom he loved and desired union with; and that all the impossible situations that he overcame were obstacles which he himself had placed in the path to himself.

To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is impossible to become what you already are! Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

Blessings!

Mark
13th December 2011, 03:19
I believe that reunion with source is that moment when we fully intergrate all our aspects of light and dark within the heartspace. This is when we opt out of the wheel of rebirth, for we have then learned all that we agreed to join this game to learn. Following the path of pure darkness (not the perverted or co-opted darkness that we call evil) will lead to the same revelations as following the path of pure light (yes, the light can be perverted too), because each contains the other, but true wisdom can only be achieved when one is whole. Think of the complexity of human sexuality - we are all various mixtures of expressed feminine, unexpressed feminine, expressed masculine, unexpressed masculine - what appears one thing on the surface (e.g. male or female) is, in fact, all things within.

Beautifully said. Thank you so much for your response. I wonder what the expression of un-corrupted darkness looks like? How would one follow such a path? Would you consider someone like Aliester Crowley as following the path of un-corrupted darkness? I'm used to the discussion of dichotomies while fully recognizing the many variations that language tends to hide when speaking in generalities. But I'd like a crystal clear understanding of this in particular as I believe your viewpoint to be a considered one. How about Annakin Skywalker before he became Darth Vader? Is that corrupted Light? Light that redeemed itself when he killed the Emperor as Darth Vader?

My understanding is that union with Source is our actual nature and condition, fully realized when our vibrational frequency is brought up to the same level as Source while in our native Light Being form. I see this process mirrored in the relationship between lover and beloved, or as expressed by Meher Baba:

What about the levels of consciousness between where we are now and Source? Don't we have to experience those first? And why would we come way down here just to skip all those levels and return directly to total Oneness?

another bob
13th December 2011, 04:34
What about the levels of consciousness between where we are now and Source? Don't we have to experience those first? And why would we come way down here just to skip all those levels and return directly to total Oneness?

Greetings, Friend!

To your first question, some do, some don't. Some souls never need "to come way down" to places like earth in the first place, for example.

To your second question, I'd say that "why" does not apply. There is the totality of the universal functioning, and we'll never be in a position to figure it out with 3-D concepts, so best to just go with it and let it reveal itself for whatever it truly is, without the superimposition of our dreamy interpretive fantasies.

:yo:

Mark
13th December 2011, 04:37
To your first question, some do, some don't. Some souls never need "to come way down" to places like earth in the first place, for example.

To your second question, I'd say that "why" does not apply. There is the totality of the universal functioning, and we'll never be in a position to figure it out with 3-D concepts, so best to just go with it and let it reveal itself for whatever it truly is, without the superimposition of our dreamy interpretive fantasies.

LOL accepted. Life is but a dream ...

music
13th December 2011, 12:25
I believe that reunion with source is that moment when we fully intergrate all our aspects of light and dark within the heartspace.

Lovely! My understanding is that union with Source is our actual nature and condition, fully realized when our vibrational frequency is brought up to the same level as Source while in our native Light Being form. I see this process mirrored in the relationship between lover and beloved, or as expressed by Meher Baba:

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved. But since God is Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself. And in order to love Himself He must imagine himself as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He loves.

If I may quote Van Morrison? "The Love that Loves to Love."

music
13th December 2011, 13:27

Beautifully said. Thank you so much for your response. I wonder what the expression of un-corrupted darkness looks like? How would one follow such a path? Would you consider someone like Aliester Crowley as following the path of un-corrupted darkness? I'm used to the discussion of dichotomies while fully recognizing the many variations that language tends to hide when speaking in generalities. But I'd like a crystal clear understanding of this in particular as I believe your viewpoint to be a considered one. How about Annakin Skywalker before he became Darth Vader? Is that corrupted Light? Light that redeemed itself when he killed the Emperor as Darth Vader?

Love is the source of all — the background state of our existence. We believe our reality is made of sub-atomic particles held together by forces of attraction/repulsion. In fact everything is held by the desire/dilemma of returning to Love.

In the Maori creation myth, in the beginning, there was "nothingness", in which spontaneously appeared the principles of light (Ranginui — sky father) and dark (Papatuanuku — earth mother). The Love between the light and the dark was so strong that they began to propagate children. The six children found that the bond between the light and the dark was so intense — the embrace so close — that they could not breath. The children, representing manifestions of the physical world, seperated their parents, and the whole of our existence is the yearning to return to this state of divine Love, the unification of first principles.

Crowley — a very enlightened but flawed (as are we all) being, he is probably the most misunderstood great thinker of all time. “Do what thou wilt be the whole of the law.” People do not get that, they think it is license to murder, rape, and pillage, but nothing could be further from the truth. Crowley speaks from the perspective of the enlightened being. The enlightened being can only ever act to the highest good — this is the very essence of enlightenment. This statement is best read alongside others, such as “Love is the Law”, and “Love is the Law — Love under will”.

For someone who followed a darker path than most to enlightenment, Crowley spent a lot of time thinking about Love. Why is that so? Why is it that we have come to a place where only the light is “allowed” to deal with Love? What better way to disempower someone than to cleave them down the middle? It is sadly ironic, that in being banished to the light exclusively, we have been condemned to wander forever in the darkness — unless we regain our power — unless we become whole.

Try this on: Darth Vader doesn’t “see the light” when he kills the emperor – why can we not equally assume that he has reacquired the path of Loving darkness? Popular culture is the brain soap the agents of dichotomy and disharmony use to rid us of notions of wholeness, unity, and empowerment.

When I was 7 I received a vision of the St George myth. In it, I was shown that St George (male) does not slay the dragon (spirit/magic). Rather, the maiden (female) slips a red cord around the neck of the beast, and instructs St George to confront his fear, open his heart, and allow for integration of the male/female/spirit Trinity. I see the concept of original sin as an allegory, and the fruit eaten is the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Good and evil are concepts that relate to a dualistic existence, so an awakened and enlightened state of being is all that is required to return to the metaphorical Garden of Eden. Adam, Eve, and the serpent are also a representation of what I would call the “true Trinity” — male + female + magic/spirit/serpent/dragon (call it what you will) = unity consciousness/enlightenment/ascension/heaven/nirvana/Love (again, call it what you will).

What is the magic? What is the spirit? What is the dragon? These are connections that still join our disparate halves in the higher dimensions.

In this thread here (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?33916-Light-Dark-All-LOVE&p=346693#post346693) I briefly discuss my idea that Light + Dark = Love.