PDA

View Full Version : Life Has A Way of Reminding You of What is Important

Rahkyt
10th December 2011, 21:39
As I was responding to another thread, seeking to obtain closure on an issue of importance to some and little more than a nuisance to others, I was reminded about the importance of life lived in the Now, not in the Past or Future.

My partner, I and my 10 week old son have just moved to a new apartment. A great place, a turn-of-the century home with stores below and apartments above, we live on the third floor. Everything in the apartment was new when we moved in, from the paint job to the appliances. The only problem was the front door, which was not framed correctly. You can see light from outside all around the edges of the door when it is closed and the door won't stay shut, nor will it lock without lifting the entire door for the deadbolt to fit into the frame.

So we've waited for weeks for it to be fixed, but finally, today they came to fix it. As I answered the door, still mentally in PA and with my son in my arms, thinking about my response and future actions, the workmen stood there. I said hello and the lead workman, Luc, looked at the door, bent to check out the frame and immediately collapsed.

I asked if he was ok, his companion, speaking in French, did the same, a small smile on his face as if, perhaps, his friend was joking around. But it was no joke. Immediately Luc began harsh, grunting and laborious breathing, his body began shaking violently, he was in the midst of what looked to be an epileptic seizure. He was face down, his head wedged into the space between the door and the frame. I immediately grabbed his shoulders and motioned to his friend - who spoke no English - to grab his legs and we turned him over.

I ran quickly upstairs to wake up my partner and hand her the boy, but she had heard the door and was already stirring. Hearing my voice below become strident, she knew something was wrong. She took the boy from me and I told her to call an ambulance and ran back downstairs. The other guy was standing there, tentatively, watching his friend, his voice high as I assume, he kept asking Luc in French if he was ok. But Luc's eyes were rolled up in his head and he was breathing like a freight train, spittle blowing all over his face and jacket, his body trembling uncontrollably. I called upstairs for a blanket and my partner brought it. Luc's friend ran downstairs then, calling something to me that I did not understand.

I sat with Luc, one hand over his heart, the other behind his head, holding him up, staring into his eyes, telling him, "relax, you're going to be ok, you're going to be ok", and consciously sent him energy from my core through my hands into his body. I kept on in this manner as Luc's friend returned, this time with two younger guys in tow whom I recognized as being co-workers, as they were all working on another shop in the back of the building. One of them told me that he was Luc's nephew and he knelt beside us and spoke to his uncle in French, holding his hand and reassuring him. I asked him if his uncle was epileptic and he said no, this is the first time this has ever happened.

My partner brought down blankets and knelt with me, holding his head, also sending him energy, engaging in the work of her soul. We both continued to do so, eyes closed, her silent, me speaking softly, to his soul, as he trembled and moaned on the ground between us all.

As his tremors began to subside and his eyes flickered, the first responders arrived on the scene. At that time, his tremors had almost stopped. I'd only met him once previously, when he had first come to see the door. He'd measured it, told me they'd have to order a new door and that his name was Luc. He seemed to me a good guy. Now, as he was returning to himself, he seemed a bit sheepish as his awareness returned and he saw his nephew, two co-workers, me and my partner and three first responders encircled around him with concerned expressions on our faces.

He tried to stand up but couldn't and he was helped to a couch, where he sat and answered a few questions. I moved back then, wearing only a pair of sweats and my winter coat which my partner had brought out to me at some point as I knelt there with only the sweats on in 0 degree Celsius weather, helping a near-stranger to the best of my ability. I looked out over the village as they spoke to him and others took charge, thinking about this moment. Why this had happened at this particular moment and what it meant in the larger scheme of things. I felt my heart wide open, bare in the face of mortality, and tears threatened as the fragility of life and the immediacy of the Now was impressed upon me yet again.

We are not promised tomorrow. We are not promised the next minute. Even in the midst of constant change, as life flows and we flow along with it, there are moments when you have to be forced into a recognition that we are the sum not only of our environment but out choices and those deeper streams of genetic and biological truth that we are not necessarily cognizant of. The confluence of time and space conspires to create moments of awareness, flickers of a candle's flame against the dark resonance of the unknown, each moment a step into that darkness, taken with the faith of innocence that it will land upon something solid and that we are assured of a safe passage into the future. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The choices we make pre-life are mysteries to us now. Luc did not know when he knocked on my door that a life-changing event was about to occur. I did not know when I answered the door that a perception-changing event was about to occur.

Each of us influences each other as we interact, even if we are only within the context of an internet community. Those of us who look upon our interactions here without thinking about the deeper moral and spiritual aspects of those interactions are missing the lion's share of the meaning that is inherent within each successive moment. Those of us who act without thinking about that importance, those of us who speak from pride, from a deeper, ingrained hubris, must look further for meaning than the rules of an old society, the understandings of an outdated paradigm.

We are each responsible for every single thought, every single word we utter, every single intention that we manifest, whether spoken or written, and will stand to account for it at a time not of our conscious choosing but at the choosing of our Over-soul. Coming to grips with that reality in the face of a cold gust of mortality can be a bracing thing if you're not expecting it.

Our reminders are synchronicitous whether we realize it or not, each event holding meaning, following from some prior causation originating materially from immateriality. We are given precious glimpses into this Truth at key moments. These are moments that are designed to remind us of who we are and why we are here.

These are moments when life has a way of reminding us of what is important.

TWINCANS
10th December 2011, 22:39
As I was responding to another thread, seeking to obtain closure on an issue of importance to some and little more than a nuisance to others, I was reminded about the importance of life lived in the Now, not in the Past or Future.
Each of us influences each other as we interact, even if we are only within the context of an internet community. Those of us who look upon our interactions here without thinking about the deeper moral and spiritual aspects of those interactions are missing the lion's share of the meaning that is inherent within each successive moment. Those of us who act without thinking about that importance, those of us who speak from pride, from a deeper, ingrained hubris, must look further for meaning than the rules of an old society, the understandings of an outdated paradigm.
We are given precious glimpses into this Truth at key moments. These are moments that are designed to remind us of who we are and why we are here.
These are moments when life has a way of reminding us of what is important.

On the many tons of judgements/actions/pov's/directives/diversions/ re nuggetgate, there has not been a more profound posting that speaks to the need for a deepening of Beingness all around. There is a new paradigm in interrelationships that is struggling to be birthed. It is to realize that no more is the polarization approach appropriate when discerning the Truth in a situation. No more is the distancing oneself from injustice acceptable. No more is the not speaking up forgiven, because that is the sin of omission. No more do we accept the first blush of emotionalism as the Whole, but we know to wait until balance is restored. No more do we say 'We are One' then disconnect and judge with unforgiving harshness.

We have no control over when Now will come knocking on our door and demand that we show how we have readied ourselves to heal this world. So without delay we must become more of what we can be. Then when circumstances present the opportunity to express our highest wisdom, we will newly step forward. We must call on ourselves to come from our highest place of wisdom, love and forgiving acceptance here and now.

Rule by fear rarely motivates obedience, merely delays rebellion momentarily.

Bless you for this thread, Rahkyt. Bless you and your lady for being there for Luc. :thank_you2:

Jenci
10th December 2011, 23:21
I felt my heart wide open, bare in the face of mortality, and tears threatened as the fragility of life and the immediacy of the Now was impressed upon me yet again.

There is only this, here, now.
Just this.

Thanks for sharing with us :)
Jeanette

Carmody
11th December 2011, 00:15
And that.....is the completion of my remembered dream sequence.... from this morning's waking.

spiritguide
11th December 2011, 00:56
Thank you! You have percieved what is and shared.

:peace:

Angushar
11th December 2011, 01:55
Fantastic post.

Rahkyt
11th December 2011, 15:17
TWINCANS, I've been wracking my brain to understand the synchronicity of it. As I walked back upstairs, my mind reeling, the only conclusion I could come to was that I had to be forcibly brought into the Now. Ulli has told me I have some big once-in-a-lifetime conjunction thing going on right now and things have been wierd. If I was helpful in any way to Luc, I am honored and blessed to have been able to be there for him. Jenci, coming back to that is always the goal, isn't it. Carmody, if either this thread or the event itself was in your dreams, the higher meaning of that has now got me double-boggled. Spiritguide, I still often struggle to understand the meaning of signs in my life. My Apache shaman told me every single thing has some meaning. If you pass a dead bird in the street, that is meaningful. If you see two dogs fighting, that too. So big events like this are undoubtably important. Relating it to the moment was important and it was there that I found a small portion of meaning. Thank you Angushar. A strange half hour in life indeed.

Jenci
11th December 2011, 15:27
TWINCANS, My Apache shaman told me every single thing has some meaning. If you pass a dead bird in the street, that is meaningful. If you see two dogs fighting, that too. So big events like this are undoubtably important. Relating it to the moment was important and it was there that I found a small portion of meaning

I would agree. It's amazing when you see how it all fits together and how something incredibly powerful is really running the show, rather than little "me".

.....But now as Adyashanti likes to say often - "Don't be fascinated"

(egoic tendancy to take us out of the Now back into the story in past and future)

Jeanette

Carmody
11th December 2011, 15:30
TWINCANS, I've been wracking my brain to understand the synchronicity of it. As I walked back upstairs, my mind reeling, the only conclusion I could come to was that I had to be forcibly brought into the Now. Ulli has told me I have some big once-in-a-lifetime conjunction thing going on right now and things have been wierd. If I was helpful in any way to Luc, I am honored and blessed to have been able to be there for him. Jenci, coming back to that is always the goal, isn't it. Carmody, if either this thread or the event itself was in your dreams, the higher meaning of that has now got me double-boggled. Spiritguide, I still often struggle to understand the meaning of signs in my life. My Apache shaman told me every single thing has some meaning. If you pass a dead bird in the street, that is meaningful. If you see two dogs fighting, that too. So big events like this are undoubtably important. Relating it to the moment was important and it was there that I found a small portion of meaning. Thank you Angushar. A strange half hour in life indeed.

Your reality, as an out of time, a tempral pre-echo...a report, shaped by my mind's pantheon of character and shape recognition....came to me, a part of my dream sequence that I woke with ---in the morning of yesterday.

There was part of that dream that I did not understand. That component was the part that contained the door. The door with a hallway. A door that was stepped through..down the hallway..and then another door...and into a different world.

Everything I did yesterday, everything I read, everything I integrated with, everything I contemplated..everything that changed me... all of this...I saw as a group of patterns, out of time, as a pre-echo of my coming day.

Your story was part of that.

This is available to each of us at some level of capacity (we each have our gifts according to the load and direction we chose -before we came here), if we would only search for it. Some more successfully than others. However, it is not a tool to be used, it is a gift of knowing. Nothing more.

To use it as a tool is to be stepping down the road to and into fearful animalism, emotionalism, duality.... which is entirely the problem that is upon humankind, right now.

If one removes the ego function in near totality, then the visions, the pre-echos of timeline motion and flow... become more and more clear.

The deeper parts of emotionally connected learning of the world, the edifice of it's growth as a child, the entire channel design in the mind (which becomes autonomous over time, as we grow)... it's shapes colors, etc..if we remove this autonomous ego function ...those emotional colorations disappear..and the temporal visions take on their TRUE shape, and cease to have the colorations from and within the fearful mind.

What I saw or understood was colored by that edifice of shape and color recognition. If I clear myself as I was nearly a decade ago, all becomes clear, with little to no coloration, and then one can step freely between worlds, between states of knowing, to hold all...in a state of knowing..existing out of time and in time, or across timelines. The moment exists within us. It is a matter of moving toward the individual ending of the blindness, ending of the duality, if one wishes to do so.

This is difficult to do in a world where the rest of us are blind to our own energies and attempt to force a linear and fearful reality upon one, if that given adventurous being decides to try to clear themselves. This unconscious part of our awareness... is the keel of this space, that holds it for us, that brings it into being. we are each amplifiers of the energies we allow in and then we put out those energies....

Rahkyt
11th December 2011, 15:59
.....But now as Adyashanti likes to say often - "Don't be fascinated"

(egoic tendancy to take us out of the Now back into the story in past and future)

Jeanette

LOL great advice. :) Keep it movin' ... I hear you, and thank you for your presence.

Your reality, as an out of time, a tempral pre-echo...a report, shaped by my mind's pantheon of character and shape recognition....came to me, a part of my dream sequence that I woke with ---in the morning of yesterday.

There was part of that dream that I did not understand. That component was the part that contained the door. The door with a hallway. A door that was stepped through..down the hallway..and then another door...and into a different world.

I don't understand either but I will remember. Things are changing, shifting constantly now. Impressions, sounds, sights outside of direct vision are increasing not only for me but also my partner. If I were still ensconced within the normal world I would probably go to see a doctor, the stimuli is becoming so distracting.

This is available to each of us at some level of capacity (we each have our gifts according to the load and direction we chose -before we came here), if we would only search for it. Some more successfully than others. However, it is not a tool to be used, it is a gift of knowing. Nothing more.

To use it as a tool is to be stepping down the road to and into fearful animalism, emotionalism, duality.... which is entirely the problem that is upon humankind, right now.

Nods. To accrue further "karma"? When the goal is to move beyond. Like using Siddhis. Thank you for the explanation. You've given me a lot to consider.

WhiteFeather
11th December 2011, 16:36
Thanks for sharing your ultimate experience with us. And Doing whats right in S/T/O. Wanishi!
Below is a A song I dedicated to my sibling brother, whom was dying of kidney failure 3 years ago, and whom is alive today to appreciate life again. As I share this with you Peeps, I'm minus a kidney today, But still have my brother. This song always comforts me, to say the least.

In Light, <:~*WF*~:>

He Aint heavy, He's my brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT57tjz9py8

Jenci
11th December 2011, 16:45
I don't understand either but I will remember. Things are changing, shifting constantly now. Impressions, sounds, sights outside of direct vision are increasing not only for me but also my partner. If I were still ensconced within the normal world I would probably go to see a doctor, the stimuli is becoming so distracting.

LOL, I can relate to this too. I think I would have been sent to the pyschiatric ward if I had.

Life for me is like playing a DVD - sometimes things happen in slow motion and I observe the tiniest of details, other times it's on fast forward in a blur and other times it skips scenes in chapters and I find I am missing time altogether.

Jeanette

Jenci
11th December 2011, 16:51
Thanks for sharing your ultimate experience with us. And Doing whats right in S/T/O. Wanishi!
Below is a A song I dedicated to my sibling brother, whom was dying of kidney failure 3 years ago, and whom is alive today to appreciate life again. As I share this with you Peeps, I'm minus a kidney today, But still have my brother. This song always comforts me, to say the least.

What a beautiful gift to be able to give.
Jeanette

WhiteFeather
11th December 2011, 16:58

Everything I did yesterday, everything I read, everything I integrated with, everything I contemplated..everything that changed me... all of this...I saw as a group of patterns, out of time, as a pre-echo of my coming day.

Your story was part of that.

If one removes the ego function in near totality, then the visions, the pre-echos of timeline motion and flow... become more and more clear.

The deeper parts of emotionally connected learning of the world, the edifice of it's growth as a child, the entire channel design in the mind (which becomes autonomous over time, as we grow)... it's shapes colors, etc..if we remove this autonomous ego function ...those emotional colorations disappear..and the temporal visions take on their TRUE shape, and cease to have the colorations from and within the fearful mind.

What I saw or understood was colored by that edifice of shape and color recognition. If I clear myself as I was nearly a decade ago, all becomes clear, with little to no coloration, and then one can step freely between worlds, between states of knowing, to hold all...in a state of knowing..existing out of time and in time, or across timelines. The moment exists within us. It is a matter of moving toward the individual ending of the blindness, ending of the duality, if one wishes to do so.

This is difficult to do in a world where the rest of us are blind to our own energies and attempt to force a linear and fearful reality upon one, if that given adventurous being decides to try to clear themselves. This unconscious part of our awareness... is the keel of this space, that holds it for us, that brings it into being. we are each amplifiers of the energies we allow in and then we put out those energies....

Carmody, You have the most amazing quality and insightful posts on this forum, Thank You for what you contribute here. I love reading your posts and threads.

transiten
11th December 2011, 17:04
Rahkyt, i just had this sync with your story watching Swedish news. Late last night a man knocked at the door of a restaurant that was just closed. As the woman opened this young man left a bloody handmark on the wall and fell to the ground. He had been assaulted with a knife in the neck. The woman called an ambulance and put wet paper in the wound to stop the blood flow...

Rahkyt
11th December 2011, 17:06
You are all the gift of Avalon. You are all the precious gems, that which keeps this particular boat afloat. It's not the venue. It's not the forum. It's not the leadership. It is the membership. It is we who interact and share our truths, our lives, our stories. That quantum entanglement connects us one to the next so that we can feel, resonate, vibrate to a shared vibe, if only for a few sentences, if only for the space of a thread or even the space of this forum.

For me, that is the entire reason for being here, or any other forum for that matter where life brings you for a time to interact with certain people and learn more about yourself and the world around you. I rather think that we are mirrors as we confirm or deny each others experience based upon our own, confirm or deny each others knowledge based upon our own. It's not the denial or confirmation persay that is important, it is the interaction itself. The interplay of perception and the growth that must inevitably occur because of it.

Thank you for sharing that story WhiteFeather and the song it is beautiful indeed and so meaningful. I know your brother must appreciate the sacrifice you made for him there are many who would not have done it. Your commitment to life, to love is impeccable.

LOL, I can relate to this too. I think I would have been sent to the pyschiatric ward if I had.

Life for me is like playing a DVD - sometimes things happen in slow motion and I observe the tiniest of details, other times it's on fast forward in a blur and other times it skips scenes in chapters and I find I am missing time altogether.

Wow, that is familiar as well. I can look back on my entire life and see that trend. I think I'm missing years in there. When people talk in detail about their memories and where they were and what they were doing for long periods of time, like being able to recount what they did for an entire year, I just blink at them and shake my head. But that's probably just a function of me being out of my mind a lot of the time, literally. :)

WhiteFeather
11th December 2011, 17:14
Wanishi....We are all individual straws that stir this forum collectively. For I am so happy to be here right now on this planet and on this forum with all of you, i mean that with an utmost sincerity Peeps. : )

Rahkyt
11th December 2011, 17:24
Rahkyt, i just had this sync with your story watching Swedish news. Late last night a man knocked at the door of a restaurant that was just closed. As the woman opened this young man left a bloody handmark on the wall and fell to the ground. He had been assaulted with a knife in the neck. The woman called an ambulance and put wet paper in the wound to stop the blood flow...

Hi Transiten. :) As a student of creative writing we learn that there are archetypal stories that repeat over and over in the panorama of human experience. Infinite permutations and variations, but just a relatively few themes. Talking about it with my partner last night, she said that maybe he needed my help in particular, that he could have had his event in a vehicle, on the steps walking up to our apartment, earlier in the day, later. But it happened then and there. I of course had been busy saying, 'oh, all we did was call 911, talk to him, anybody could have done that.' She said maybe our energy work helped him. Maybe something else would have happened if he had been elsewhere. Like your story, you can never know what might have happened. Only what did happen, for whatever reason. Thank you for sharing that synch! :)

Carmody
11th December 2011, 17:31
We could also shift our view a bit and then say that..god is our tulpa, and we are it's tulpa. One always exists within the other. The eternity of now also exists within the reflection. How could it be otherwise?

Rahkyt
11th December 2011, 17:56
We could also shift our view a bit and then say that..god is our tulpa, and we are it's tulpa. One always exists within the other. The eternity of now also exists within the reflection. How could it be otherwise?

I had to look up Tulpa. :) This brings to mind the entire process of Creation and how we are complicit within it in each instance. How we are divinity experiencing itself as droplets in the infinite ocean. That perspective shift combines inner and outer to create a third perspective. I wonder how that perspective might be defined?

spiritguide
12th December 2011, 09:47
The ladders we climb to realization go higher than we think. The word universe is self limiting in relation to the ALL. There are no bounderies within the All and to understand we must continously strive to overcome seperation and bounderies. Heart felt unconditional love permiates ALL and it's vibrations puts rungs on all our ladders. Keep up the sharing and understanding with valor we deserve it.

:peace:

Rahkyt
14th December 2011, 17:03
UPDATE: Hearing boots on the roof, I went out onto our balcony to see who it was. It's been 4 days since the event and I've been wondering how Luc is doing. His nephew was on the roof and I asked him how his Uncle was. He told me that the doctors had diagnosed Luc as having had a heart attack. I kind of blinked a bit at that because what I witnessed did not look like a heart attack, but then, I've never seen one before. I checked some websites for heart attack symptoms and found nothing describing a heart attack as looking like an epileptic seizure.

Luc ate for the the first time yesterday, his nephew told me and he is aware and is recovering well, according to the Doctors. As he was talking to me I was alternately listening and remembering the event. At the time, I wondered why I felt it necessary to place and keep my right hand over his heart as I was supporting his head with my left. I was practically certain he was having an epileptic seizure. I kept consciously sending energy into his heart as I spoke to him, mentally visualizing white, healing light, entering and soothing him.

It's amazing to me that he got up and was able to walk, albeit with help, down the stairs. He was able to remember his name, where he was at, his age. His nephew thanked me for being there, told me he'd come by yesterday to give us an update but we weren't home. Again I felt a rush of compassion and the trembling vibrations of some truth and assured him I was just glad to have been able to be there to help him in whatever way. I remain thankful.

Jenci
14th December 2011, 17:06
That's for the update. Something just moves us which knows what it is doing!
Good to hear that he is recovering well.
Jeanette

crested-duck
14th December 2011, 17:53
Rahkyt-GOD Blessed you. You were exactly where you were supposed to be at that time. There is no such thing as a coincidence as far as I'm concerned. You also have a gifted way of articulating your thoughts into well written text. Thanks !

TWINCANS
14th December 2011, 17:59
That's a so good to hear. Also touched by the fact that the nephew took the time to come over two days in a row to update you and your lady .:kiss:

Rahkyt
14th December 2011, 18:12
You're right, Jenci. I remember thinking to myself, why am I holding his chest? This is epilepsy, it's doing no good. Then dismissing the thought but continuing to send him energy. CD, your words bring to mind the discussion me and my lady had after I came back inside earlier. That our lives happen exactly as they are supposed to, each incident, in actuality, is a synchronicity because all of our interactions have meaning. Some are just more obvious than others, like this one. In essence, we travel a lifetime to get to each moment and each decision we have made, if done some other way, would have resulted in a different outcome. So each event is the sum total of all events we've ever encountered, down to the nanosecond. So humbling. TWINCANS, it was nice of him, wasn't it. The building I live in has two stores in the front and two apartments above, the second and third floor. Luc, his nephew and a couple of others are renovating what will be a bakery in the back so they've been around. I went down one day and asked the nephew if they could fix our door. He came up and checked it out, then, a week or so later, his uncle, Luc, came and that was the first time I met him.

Jenci
14th December 2011, 18:31
You're right, Jenci. I remember thinking to myself, why am I holding his chest? This is epilepsy, it's doing no good. Then dismissing the thought but continuing to send him energy. CD,

So you didn't listen to your mind and a miracle happened.

There's something about a moment of crisis where the mind has less energy to grab our attention and the inner voice gets to lead.
I would guess after this you are likely to tune in more to this voice or movement of intuition.
It's a place of absolute knowing, before any indecisive thought can arise.
The more you listen to it, the greater the flow will be.

If you are anything like me, it will test you :) Mine guided me to do things which made me very vulnerable and were the complete opposite of what my mind told me I should do.
It did this many times until I learned that I was meant to be vulnerable.

The Source doesn't need to protect and in the end I saw the irony that all my life I had listened to my mind protecting me, when all that happened was that I got hurt.

You've shared a powerful story here, thanks.
Jeanette