PDA

View Full Version : How do people really see us?

Amysenthia
12th December 2011, 22:37
This post is mostly for laughs but when I saw this picture it made me think about how we really perceive the world. Do we see what we really WANT TO SEE or the truth? If nothing else I thought this picture was hilarious and everyone can always use a good laugh!

Rantaak
13th December 2011, 00:39
I may have just merged consciousness with my chair.

DeDukshyn
13th December 2011, 00:45
I may have just peed myself.

larphill
13th December 2011, 00:50
Wow, that was amazing. Even after having read it, it took me a bit to see the arm!

RMorgan
13th December 2011, 00:57
I´ve seen this before. I feel bad about it, but I also laughed about this picture as well.

Do you know that moment when you do something bad and simultaneously perceive your attitude and regret? Yep...

Anyway, this is just a reflection of our bad programming by TV and the media...

Turn on the TV and all you see is blacks making jokes about whites, whites making jokes about blacks, skinny making jokes about fatty, fatty making jokes about skinny...No one is safe!

The perfect ones are those wearing Armani, driving a Ferrari, happy all the time, drinking Don Perignon in their yachts...If you´re not like them, you´re trash.

Thank God everybody here at Avalon is aware of this programming and is trying to get rid of it.

Cheers,

Raf.

Amysenthia
13th December 2011, 04:44
When I saw this I did think maybe I shouldn't post it because I can feel for the woman whose arm is mistaken for a naked body. I guess I just wanted to show an example of the way we as humans perceive things. (By the way if you are the woman in this photo please know I mean no ill will. You are not being laughed at only the picture). I hope everyone takes this in the light it was intended. I do not make it a habit to laugh at other peoples expense.

DeDukshyn
13th December 2011, 16:37
Well if it was my arm, I'd still laugh at it. The problem isn't the use of the word fat. the problem is the perception of the word, and the perception of the perception of how the word will be perceived -- just as much the problem as the perception of the word in my opinion. My 2 cents ;)

RMorgan -- all you did was judge others in your post. Even if you felt justified in judging others that you perceive as judging others -- its all the same thing really.

RMorgan
13th December 2011, 16:43
Well if it was my arm, I'd still laugh at it. The problem isn't the use of the word fat. the problem is the perception of the word, and the perception of the perception of how the word will be perceived -- just as much the problem as the perception of the word in my opinion. My 2 cents ;)

RMorgan -- all you did was judge others in your post. Even if you felt justified in judging others that you perceive as judging others -- its all the same thing really.

Hey friend!!

I was not judging anyone! I was judging myself and assuming that, even if I know it´s wrong, I still laughed about this. :)

Cheers,

Raf.

Amysenthia
13th December 2011, 19:52
Hi RAf

I didn't feel you were being judgmental in your reply.

Zillah
13th December 2011, 21:46
It will be a happy day when we can all be comfortably naked, looking like we had one too many muffins (or not enough) and still say I love ya! (and chuckle).

We are all actually quite funny looking - we all fart and poop and like in the Seinfeld episode, look very weird naked while bending down.

ps: great thread!

Tarka the Duck
13th December 2011, 22:06
It will be a happy day when we can all be comfortably naked, looking like we had one too many muffins (or not enough) and still say I love ya! (and chuckle).

Sooooo true! I love swimming, but used to "embarassed" about my body - and it was such a feeling of liberation when I realised that my wish to get into the water finally far outweighed my shyness!

Now, the funny thing is that all us mature and slightly wobbly ladies wander around the changing room completely starkers, passing the time of day without a shred of embarrassment, whereas invariably, the young and gorgeous ones go into the private cubicles or the loo...what does that tell you, eh?

noxon medem
13th December 2011, 22:31
-

Another thing to be absolutely sure of :
Other people will never perceive you
like you , ultimately , want them to .
(or hope , expect , crave , or perceive)

well, well , whatever .
And love to You too .

:fish2:

-

Davidallany
13th December 2011, 22:52
I´ve seen this before. I feel bad about it, but I also laughed about this picture as well.

Do you know that moment when you do something bad and simultaneously perceive your attitude and regret? Yep...

Anyway, this is just a reflection of our bad programming by TV and the media...

Turn on the TV and all you see is blacks making jokes about whites, whites making jokes about blacks, skinny making jokes about fatty, fatty making jokes about skinny...No one is safe!

The perfect ones are those wearing Armani, driving a Ferrari, happy all the time, drinking Don Perignon in their yachts...If you´re not like them, you´re trash.

Thank God everybody here at Avalon is aware of this programming and is trying to get rid of it.

Cheers,

Raf.

Great post Raf, indeed. The dark forces who have been spoiling the game have imprisoned everyone in a small box with a TV, day and night hammering fabricated reality onto new comers to this planet, to keep them on leash. Thank goodness to people who woke up one day and broke through the boxes, those pioneers in the awakening movement.
By the way, the seek and destroy agents are ever after the awakened, their methods are dirty and not honorable. How many movements have been assassinted, leaders accused of derangement, mass assassination of activists and followers presented as suicid, and any new awakening movement labeled as a cult . When people read or hear that word it's almost like hearing terrorism. Again, no thanks to TV programming.

WhiteFeather
13th December 2011, 23:11
How the hell did my wife's picture get on the internet, I'm shocked to say the least. She must have been drunk again at her office holiday party with her creepy corporate friends. *WF Scratches his head.

DeDukshyn
14th December 2011, 01:31

Hey friend!!

I was not judging anyone! I was judging myself and assuming that, even if I know it´s wrong, I still laughed about this. :)

Cheers,

Raf.

I guess all I really meant was that they should be able to do that stuff all they want without it hurting us (maybe this is just my thinking ... could be ...) - the issue is actually within ourselves (an issue that would be alleviated if humanity could be more in the present moment on a whole ;)), thus I slightly interpreted your stating what they do as slightly judging. Now that I read it, I see it more from the way you were likely giving it. ... it was early ... I was groggy ;)