PDA

View Full Version : Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ...

Kimberley
13th December 2011, 16:22
I found this quote on Gardner's profile this morning and felt it was a perfect reminder!!

Much love to us all in all ways :luv:

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

RMorgan
13th December 2011, 16:34
I agree 300% percent with that. Im a big C.G Jungs fan and Ive read most of his books. This guy was the super-man of psychology.

We really tend to reflect/project* our own defects on others, specially people who are close to us.

Cheers,

Raf.

* Ps: Thanks for the correction, Stan. :)

aranuk
13th December 2011, 16:43
Hi Kimberley This is all about the shadow. I have been involved with shadow work for some years now. It is a most useful pastime I may say. The alarm bells start off with an emotional response to someone in particular. We only get emotionally aroused by someone who is our shadow. This part is what we can integrate into our own psyche and own it as if it were our own. There are also golden shadows which we must learn to integrate too and these are the ones where we cannot accept ourselves as godlike. It is very worthwhile.

Stan

=[Post Update]=

I agree 300% percent with that. Im a big C.G Jungs fan and Ive read most of his books. This guy was the super-man of psychology.

We really tend to reflect our own defects on others, specially people who are close to us.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi Raf, that would be projection would it not?

Stan

RMorgan
13th December 2011, 16:47
Hi Raf, that would be projection would it not?

Stan

Hey Stan,

Thanks for correcting me. Indeed, the correct terminology would be "project".

English is not my first language, as you may have noticed by now, and I get confused in-between mental language translation sometimes! ;)

Cheers,

Raf.

alienHunter
13th December 2011, 16:48
not me...:p

Violet
13th December 2011, 17:03
This comes at the right moment. I was just thinking of how annoying I find it that "someone" ... (edited: OK, just forget about it. I let negative energy take over when I promised myself I would work on that.)