PDA

View Full Version : BP Oil Spill and boardgame from the 1970's

Solphilos
7th July 2010, 02:16
http://www.saffronwaldenreporter.co.uk/home/rare_1970s_bp_offshore_oil_strike_board_game_donat ed_to_toy_museum_1_511956

Very strange indeed. :confused:

Jonathon
7th July 2010, 03:27
Wow. WEIRD!

bluestflame
7th July 2010, 03:33
maybe they used the ouija board game produced by parker brothers to come up with the oil spill game

Samarkis
7th July 2010, 04:13
Good,good catch for finding this link!

Anchor
7th July 2010, 04:20
The word "spill" is not in the title of the game, only in the title of this thread.

"Rare 1970s BP Offshore Oil Strike board game donated to toy museum"

The word spill does not even occur on the linked web page.

John..

Goldenserenity
7th July 2010, 05:38
The word "spill" is not in the title of the game, only in the title of this thread.

John..

True, SPILL is not in the title, but it does say this:

Along with developing wealth from oil, players had to be on the lookout for 'hazard cards,' which caused players' fictional rigs to blow up, resulting in oil slicks and $1 million in fines.

Samarkis
7th July 2010, 14:42
:thumb::thumb::thumb:Goldenserenity......

Solphilos
7th July 2010, 15:08

John..

I wasn't implying that the game is based on an oil spill; my fault for screwing up the title.
It meant to read like this "BP Oil Spill- boardgame from the 1970's" or better yet "BP Oil Spill and boardgame from the 1970's" :p
Sorry for the bad post folks, I should have been more descriptive.

It appears as though the game may be based on the idea of striking oil, and the hazards and risks of being an oil rig worker; kind of like the BP version of monopoly, lol.
I was merely pointing out that it was strange that BP had their name on a game that involved an oil blowout, and that it actually occurred with the same company.

tone3jaguar
7th July 2010, 22:29
BP is run by turbo douches.