PDA

View Full Version : Self-flagellation thread!

Tony
14th December 2011, 13:17
Self-flagellation thread!

Well, I'll start it off. Sometimes I over step the mark...er... make that quite often!
It's part of pushing the boundaries...usually into someone else's territory.:boink:
But one learns.
If I do it more than twice it becomes a habit...bad thing eh!:roll:

The wonderful thing is being aware of it.
At that moment I do not have to feel guilty, just relief.
Every moment can be a fresh start...and.....we are not alone, there is help.

Of course then one has to go back down the path, cleaning up the mess!!!:tea:

I am nobody.
Nobody is perfect"

...therefore...!
:behindsofa:

Tarka the Duck
14th December 2011, 13:26
Ooooo, a thread to beat yourself up in public!!

What fun...:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Where do I start??!:angel:

I don't think I have ever truly admitted to myself how much I want to be "right"...:embarassed::embarassed::haha:

Kathie

alienHunter
14th December 2011, 13:32
My biggest problem is that I just don't give a f*ck!

zenith
14th December 2011, 13:54
There's not enough megabytes on the net to compose my list. ;)

Peace

Cidersomerset
14th December 2011, 14:12
Hi Pie'n'eal...These guys have got it off to a Tee.....

viWunyHapPA

Ooch... and this is a milder version....steve

Rahkyt
14th December 2011, 15:08
when my scorpio sun is awakened, i harden. when my scorpio ascendant, mercury and pluto are awakened, i go to war. need to listen to my libra moon more.

dreamer
14th December 2011, 15:16
sometimes I use my intelligence to manipulate others into believing. im right... or there wrong... even when I know its not so

shijo
14th December 2011, 15:21
I thought i was wrong once but i was mistaken,been fighting the three poisons ever since,greed ignorance and stupidity.

Tony
14th December 2011, 17:25
Laughing at yourself just has to be the best therapy...:dance:

Kristin
14th December 2011, 17:36
I'm lazy.
From the Heart,
Wormhole

Limor Wolf
14th December 2011, 17:41
I believe in unity yet many times I fail to feel connected to other people,I thrive for harmony,but can not offer this to others,I find that fear has hardly any use and does not serves us best but I sometimes fear..I learned that judgment is a mirror of myself,yet I judge.

I wrote that six month ago.still,very valid.

Kristin
14th December 2011, 17:47
LOL, time for lazy me to fill up the wood stove, now that the house is already cold!!! HA!
From the Heart,
Wormhole

Lazlo
14th December 2011, 17:48
I do not offer the patience to stupid people that they so desperately need.

Lisab
14th December 2011, 18:29
Oh dear, where do I begin? For a start Im messy, no matter how much I try mess just creates itself around me no matter how hard I clean. I'm lazy. I'm addicted to Avalon. I think Im thick 'cos my mother always said I was! And if have a sherbert (rare these days, well past few weeks!) Im a bit of a gossip. So dont ever tell me a secret as Il just burst at the seams to tell someone....only my best friend of course. I'd make a lousy member of a secret society! Oh and I tend to exaggerate lol. No honestly you can trust me, Ive grown!

Unified Serenity
14th December 2011, 18:37
Does it count if I tell my wife I've been a bad girl and to please give me a spanking?

Tony
14th December 2011, 18:39
Does it count if I tell my wife I've been a bad girl and to please give me a spanking?

That is exactly how I hoped this thread would go....well done!!!

Tony

Unified Serenity
14th December 2011, 18:45

That is exactly how I hoped this thread would go....well done!!!

Tony

Sheepishly, why thank you Sir... winks and walks out. Rubs bumm

Isthatso
14th December 2011, 20:06
My biggest problem is that I just don't give a f*ck!

Oh, I wish I had your biggest problem alien....

mosquito
15th December 2011, 01:59
Ooh I could spend hours posting on this thread - hahaha !! There have been some great answers so far, thanks everyone.

My faults/challenges/growth points are :

Laziness, with a capital "L" and with knobs on, coupled with ....
an inability or unwillingness to apply myself to anything (except pleasure). I'm the boy on whose school reports could oft be found the words "could do better",
an affinity for change, with the result that I'm never settled, although I've become more so recently.
Like most men, I think with the dangly parts of my anatomy, and it's got worse the older I've become !
I have the exact opposite of a photographic memory, I can literally read something and 5 seconds later not know what it was !
Generous to the point of stupidity, and (a fatal combination)
easily manipulated by anything cute and wearing a skirt (but I'm making sloooow progress on this one).
I suppose I ought to add - irresponsible, I also couldn't give a f*ck, life's far too short to take anything seriously.

BUT - we shouldn't be too harsh to judge ourselves, all of our faults are actually qualities, it's only our conditioning which makes us perceive them as faults. And absolutely every one of my "faults" comes with a blessing ! So enjoy life, enjoy being your perfectly imperfect self, you're unique and meant to be that way !;)

Philip

Davidallany
15th December 2011, 02:26
sometimes I use my intelligence to manipulate others into believing. im right... or there wrong... even when I know its not so

This is the revolutionary change, the bold leap that the brave takes without hesitation. Rest assured, you have landed on the safe grounds of Avalon, surrounded by friends who care for you, cheering on, go beyond, go beyond and climb the mountains of wisdom, we've got your back.

Carolin
15th December 2011, 04:12
The ability to forgive and forget has so far eluded me in this life. I remember everything and can hold a grudge forever.

The worst part is I think I like it that way. :o

Flash
15th December 2011, 04:19
Self flagellate as much as you all want - I prefer to look at others doing it - thanks for the show:lol:

Are you catholic by any chance Pineal (i was raised catholic and heard of self flagellation forever, starting with the priests and monks colonising Canada)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzkpuztoJiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3oa9gDDbx4

Jeffrey
16th December 2011, 22:06
:rant: I am literally my own worst enemy (and critic)! I am too clever for my own good, I can talk myself into or out of anything with equally viable points! It leads me nowhere, running in place (exercise though, nonetheless ;)).

I am enthusiastic and I have a natural ability for discernment. My discernment, underdeveloped, leads me to be ... quixotic. Like, "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything". That quote is somewhat painfully true in my case. I am a work in progress. My ambition is to cultivate this discernment into something righteous, and to make my enthusiasm impeccable ... !

Great thread by the way, I needed to get that off my chest. :becky:

Kristo
17th December 2011, 01:05
I hate to admit this about myself but must come to terms with the fact I am intolerant of people with huge egos and small IQs. *Yikes* I used to make it my personal mission to put them in check but now let it roll off my back. Still bugs the p**s out of me though...

modwiz
17th December 2011, 01:08
I hate to admit this about myself but must come to terms with the fact I am intolerant of people with huge egos and small IQs. *Yikes* I used to make it my personal mission to put them in check but now let it roll off my back. Still bugs the p**s out of me though...

I'm with you on that. You're talking about news people and politicians, right? :p

sandy
17th December 2011, 02:16
Great Thread,

I wish I would do for me what I so readily,unselfishly do for others but then I guess I really am doing for me with this action>>>>so much easier to deal with everyone Else's concerns versus look at or get real and take on my own issues:)

Kristo
17th December 2011, 02:42

I'm with you on that. You're talking about news people and politicians, right? :p

Pretty much everyone, unfortunately.... It's oh so exhausting :)

modwiz
17th December 2011, 03:17

Pretty much everyone, unfortunately.... It's oh so exhausting :)

I call it Junk DNA. I'm soo bad!

Blake Elder
17th December 2011, 03:34
The ability to forgive and forget has so far eluded me in this life. I remember everything and can hold a grudge forever.

The worst part is I think I like it that way.

Yes I have to agree, I also cannot forgive.

In fact I hate. I hate very well :)

Jeffrey
17th December 2011, 03:38

The worst part is I think I like it that way.

Yes I have to agree, I also cannot forgive.

In fact I hate. I hate very well :)

It's nothing to be ashamed of... we're all in this crazy school together! I forgive you! :P

Blake Elder
17th December 2011, 03:47
It's nothing to be ashamed of... we're all in this crazy school together! I forgive you!

Thank you Vivek. Yes you are right, we are in a crazy school ... which just seems to be getting crazier and crazier these days ....

DNA
17th December 2011, 04:09
I dig the Michael Teachings. One of the most insightfull little tid bits I've ever come across explain that we have all chosen a cross to bear in this life time. One of the tasty seven deadly sins are woven out of spirit energy fabric, attached to our physical outfit and used to flavor our egocentric tendencies.:ballchain:

Once you digest this material and see your own indulgance in this area, the world becomes a little lighter, and you start to see folks and their short comings in a different light. I'm far more tolerant than I used to be, which, well, still leaves a lot of room for improvement in this area.

I'm incredibly impatient by the way. I can be a dick at times and I mostly think it is this impatience, but it could just be that I'm a dick. :p

The chief feature (http://www.michaelteachings.com/overleaves_index.html), this is your most persistant over riding negative attribute. The perverbial devil on your shoulder if you will. This single most defining negative trait is a personal tyrant of sorts. It changes from life time to life time.

Martydom (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_martyrdom.html) Martyrdom is the self-image of the "born loser", the "quitter", the "pushover", the "doormat". A person with this Feature sees himself as a weakling and a failure. In extreme cases, the Martyr may experience actual death in martyrdom, but this is rare. Sometimes it might appear that Martyrs have a kind of "death wish" considering the careless things they do. They seem not to care whether they live or die. They may be morbid, looking forward to their own death. They may think about it or talk about it often. Since they have little respect for themselves, they may not be very concerned with their own physical well-being, and so they take risks with their life and health, treating the body badly. Some may do foolish and dangerous stunts to prove their worth. To get others to try to stop their suicidal actions would prove they are of some worth, would it not?

Impatience (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_impatience.html) Things never happen fast enough to suit him. Time moves too slow to suit him: the future does not arrive soon enough. He constantly tries to pack more activity into the allotted time than can possibly be done

Self-Destruction (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_self-destruction.html) People with the chief feature of Self-destruction are always aware of their faults. This can particularize in several ways. They might dislike their body, for instance: it is too short or too tall, too fat or too thin, the ears are too big, the hair is too curly, and so on. They might be self-critical about their work: they are not thorough enough, not fast enough, not accurate enough, and so on.

Arrogance (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_arrogance.html) They tend to think they are a superior breed of human, not subject to the same imperfections as other "common" people. They may believe they are blessed with good luck. They have an exaggerated sense of their own importance, perceiving themselves as noble and grand, and feeling they are beyond and above the normal and average. They fancy that they will make a significant contribution to the world, and they have an unrealistic evaluation of their abilities, talents, intelligence, and other gifts they see themselves as better than they really are.

Self-Depreciation (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_self-deprecation.html) This is the classical "inferiority complex" of psychoanalysis. The person devalues, disparages, and slights himself. He feels that he is of little consequence among the rest of humanity. He sees others as better than himself, and looks up to them, and down on himself. The body may in fact display the slump that the spirit feels, as the shoulders may be stooped and the back bowed as if the person wanted to appear smaller than he really was.

Greed (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_greed.html) A person with the chief feature of Greed thinks of himself first. One of the first things that comes to his mind in every situation is, "How am I going to profit from this?", or "Is this to my advantage or not?", or "Look out for number one". Such a person is a consumer rather than a producer. He may be a leach on society, a freeloader. In many cases he is opportunistic, always on the lookout for a way to enrich or gratify himself. He tends to receive without returning equal value.

Stubbornness (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_stubbornness.html) The Stubborn one resists external influences. He doesn't need any outside "interference". He prefers to go his own way, make up his own mind, follow his own instincts. He is slow to respond to external correcting measures, and so he remains in inappropriate patterns of behavior, thought, and feeling. All of the Features have to do with self-image, and in the case of Stubbornness, the person is self-contained. He prefers to operate/function on his own, without regard for others or the environment. You can't tell him anything.

modwiz
17th December 2011, 04:14
I forgive very easily. Morons annoy me. I forgive them

=[Post Update]=

I dig the Michael Teachings. One of the most insightfull little tid bits I've ever come across explain that we have all chosen a cross to bear in this life time. One of the tasty seven deadly sins are woven out of spirit energy fabric, attached to our physical outfit and used to flavor our egocentric tendencies.:ballchain:

Once you digest this material and see your own indulgance in this area, the world becomes a little lighter, and you start to see folks and their short comings in a different light. I'm far more tolerant than I used to be, which, well, still leaves a lot of room for improvement in this area.

I'm incredibly impatient by the way. I can be a dick at times and I mostly think it is this impatience, but it could just be that I'm a dick. :p

The chief feature (http://www.michaelteachings.com/overleaves_index.html), this is your most persistant over riding negative attribute. The perverbial devil on your shoulder if you will. This single most defining negative trait is a personal tyrant of sorts. It changes from life time to life time.

Martydom (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_martyrdom.html) Martyrdom is the self-image of the "born loser", the "quitter", the "pushover", the "doormat". A person with this Feature sees himself as a weakling and a failure. In extreme cases, the Martyr may experience actual death in martyrdom, but this is rare. Sometimes it might appear that Martyrs have a kind of "death wish" considering the careless things they do. They seem not to care whether they live or die. They may be morbid, looking forward to their own death. They may think about it or talk about it often. Since they have little respect for themselves, they may not be very concerned with their own physical well-being, and so they take risks with their life and health, treating the body badly. Some may do foolish and dangerous stunts to prove their worth. To get others to try to stop their suicidal actions would prove they are of some worth, would it not?

Impatience (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_impatience.html) Things never happen fast enough to suit him. Time moves too slow to suit him: the future does not arrive soon enough. He constantly tries to pack more activity into the allotted time than can possibly be done

Self-Destruction (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_self-destruction.html) People with the chief feature of Self-destruction are always aware of their faults. This can particularize in several ways. They might dislike their body, for instance: it is too short or too tall, too fat or too thin, the ears are too big, the hair is too curly, and so on. They might be self-critical about their work: they are not thorough enough, not fast enough, not accurate enough, and so on.

Arrogance (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_arrogance.html) They tend to think they are a superior breed of human, not subject to the same imperfections as other "common" people. They may believe they are blessed with good luck. They have an exaggerated sense of their own importance, perceiving themselves as noble and grand, and feeling they are beyond and above the normal and average. They fancy that they will make a significant contribution to the world, and they have an unrealistic evaluation of their abilities, talents, intelligence, and other gifts they see themselves as better than they really are.

Self-Depreciation (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_self-deprecation.html) This is the classical "inferiority complex" of psychoanalysis. The person devalues, disparages, and slights himself. He feels that he is of little consequence among the rest of humanity. He sees others as better than himself, and looks up to them, and down on himself. The body may in fact display the slump that the spirit feels, as the shoulders may be stooped and the back bowed as if the person wanted to appear smaller than he really was.

Greed (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_greed.html) A person with the chief feature of Greed thinks of himself first. One of the first things that comes to his mind in every situation is, "How am I going to profit from this?", or "Is this to my advantage or not?", or "Look out for number one". Such a person is a consumer rather than a producer. He may be a leach on society, a freeloader. In many cases he is opportunistic, always on the lookout for a way to enrich or gratify himself. He tends to receive without returning equal value.

Stubbornness (http://www.michaelteachings.com/feature_stubbornness.html) The Stubborn one resists external influences. He doesn't need any outside "interference". He prefers to go his own way, make up his own mind, follow his own instincts. He is slow to respond to external correcting measures, and so he remains in inappropriate patterns of behavior, thought, and feeling. All of the Features have to do with self-image, and in the case of Stubbornness, the person is self-contained. He prefers to operate/function on his own, without regard for others or the environment. You can't tell him anything.

Michael stuff is very useful. I enjoyed that information

Tony
17th December 2011, 12:01
I forgive very easily. Morons annoy me. I forgive them

=[Post Update]=

Michael stuff is very useful. I enjoyed that information

But,,,but,,, these are wonderful qualities....I have them in abundance!

No,,,no,,,really, these are potential wonderful qualities. They are merely misguided wisdom.
We spend all our time avoiding these emotions, that we live in a grey cloud, of dull vegetation.

That spark of emotion is pure intelligence and energy. It only has to be examined.
Each one can be turned into a goodness or rightness.

Take stubbornness = tenacity, discipline, concentration, one pointedness, direct, confidence...no outside force can disturb!...as long as it has compassion in it.
It is only negative negativity if we try and justify it to benefit ourselves. The emotions are a special key to self knowing.

....I go on too much as well!!

Tony
17th December 2011, 13:58
Actually, having seen and admitted to the faults from the past, we can now change.
We then have a moment of freedom and a new timeline can occur.
It's ever so subtle, but a change is taking place....

It is a huge step - to see one's own faults - and an unveiling can happen at that moment.
No guilt!!
Guilt is a product from the past and it interferes with the process of seeing clearly.

You are without "sin"!
Ego has just loosened its grip...so we should celebrate...Conflagellations!!!! ;)

Tony

alienHunter
17th December 2011, 15:10

The worst part is I think I like it that way. :o

Ouch!! ok, Double Ouch!!!!

alienHunter
17th December 2011, 15:13
when my scorpio sun is awakened, i harden. when my scorpio ascendant, mercury and pluto are awakened, i go to war. need to listen to my libra moon more.

I just saw your Scorpio ascendant reference. I hope this isn't a sensitive question for you, but did you have any deaths in your family in your early years.

The reason I ask is that my ascendant is Libra but it is cusped with Scorpio, my younger brother's (half-brother) ascendant is Scorpio and our adoptive mother died when we were very young. It is considered one of the familial effects of Scorpio rising. I believe that is probably what dictated the direction of my life's pursuits. Incidentally, one of the purported effects of Libra rising is adoption. I was just wondering about it all.

I just noticed that you have 4 planets in conjunction...that's heavy, mannn....

Ivanhoe
17th December 2011, 15:55
I think my biggest problem is not trusting myself.
mYKWch_MNY0
I'm Waaay to hard on myself. LOL:cool:

Seikou-Kishi
10th January 2012, 18:51
I get an awful lot wrong, and sometimes I wonder if I should flagellate myself as an act of penitence, but then I remember we are not completely separate and we all have access to the experiences of other people. Knowing that works the opposite way, too, and that other people have access to my experiences, I couldn't in all good conscience flagellate myself, because I'd enjoy the knowledge that in doing so I was in a way flagellating the rest of the world too lol ;-)