PDA

View Full Version : Warning - Blue Gold and Water Rights

Ilie Pandia
14th December 2011, 23:28
Hello Avalonians,

I was in the middle of a video presenting the most profitable investments for 2012 (see this thread (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?36780-2012-Global-Banking-Collapse&p=379973&viewfull=1#post379973)), when I just had to stop and write this down since this is a shock to me.

I guess everybody knows what "black gold" is, but apparently we also have "blue gold" and that is fresh water. And there is also such a thing as "water rights" that people can buy.

Can you imagine what will happen if the "water rights" are owned by only a few rich men or companies?!

While growing up, fresh water was free by law. If you were at a restaurant and asked for fresh water they had to give you that for free.

In the more recent years that is no longer the case. If you want water that you can drink, you have to pay for it! Here tap water is no longer safe, so I need to pay for fresh water.

I really wonder how did we came to this?! How come water is no longer free? How come someone can hold "water rights"? Does this mean they can block a river and only distribute water if you pay?!

This is absolutely crazy... what is next on the list? Fresh air?

Water may be the most abundant substance on this planet and yet we've managed to privatize it... to put a price on it and turn it into a scarce resource.

Billionaire Oil Tycoon T. Boone Pickens Sells Water Rights To Panhandle (http://voiceofamarillo.com/billionaire-oil-tycoon-t-boone-pickens-sells-water-rights-to-panhandle/)

Wikipedia Water Rigths (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_right)

Legal Dictionary - Water Rights (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Water+Rights)

Artcile about water rights trading (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/08/us-water-idUSTRE7772GC20110808)

Long live capitalism :)

Dawn
15th December 2011, 09:40
I know Ilie, this is amazing... What a strange world. Mt. Shasta City has within their incorporated physical boundaires, the headwaters of the Sacramento River. This amazing water springs directly out of the base of a small incline in their city park. It is so alive that it 'sparkles' on your tongue when you drink it. They have been approached to sell their water to Pepsi and also by other big businesses. So far they are not selling. They even experienced an effort to steal the water by declaring that it did not belong to the city.

I love going there, standing on the flat rocks in the pool at the base of the spring, and filling my water jugs. Most of the time there is a small line of other people doing the same.

Oil might be important for transportation. But living without clean water would take a major transition (like living on prana- which most are not ready for)

By the way, most of the companies like Coke and Pepsi who sell bottled water, add preservatives so that life forms do not begin to grow inside the bottle while it is waiting to be sold. These preservatives include acetone and formaldehyde, which they are not required to print on the label. I am highly allergic to both, and their bottled water makes me very ill. I had to do some serious digging to find out about the hidden preservatives, which cause such a major body reaction for me.

At airports in the US, they confiscate water from passengers, and the only water sold inside most terminals contains these preservatives. I have has some serious problems as a passenger under these conditions.

Cjay
15th December 2011, 11:29
Coca-Cola puts pristine spring water in toxic plastic bottles and it sells for a about $3 (or more) per litre. Grrrrrrr

Lochinvar
15th December 2011, 14:10
Yeah, I've often thought that with plentiful drinking water Scotlands high rainfall causes people to complain about the weather. In the future with water shortages I see a time of people looking out the window thinking "great! It's raining. Can't beat a good week of solid rainfall!". Even in England they are having droughts from time to time. They have the audacity to come to Scotland to try to take some of our reserves (little do they know we p*ss in it first (oh no! the cat is out the bag)).

Realeyes
15th December 2011, 14:43
Thanks for this important post, I agree that water will be more valuable than gold one day.

I remember reading that there is a state in America (might be Colorado, but not sure) where you are not allowed to collect rainwater in buts or tanks - because collecting rain water is taking away (stealing) what would have drained into the rivers that are owned! Ownership over rain - WTF! Anyway, it was something like this. This stunned me - as I can see this silly greedy law (if policies/power on this planet don't change) will spread around the world - that's frightening.

I just don't get how a few power greedy people think they have any right to 'own' this planet, when Mother Earth is a gift for everyone.

motherlove
15th December 2011, 15:29
If the oil companies continue there will not be many sources of potable water. Look into fracking...........

leavesoftrees
15th December 2011, 21:19
By the way, most of the companies like Coke and Pepsi who sell bottled water, add preservatives so that life forms do not begin to grow inside the bottle while it is waiting to be sold. These preservatives include acetone and formaldehyde, which they are not required to print on the label. I am highly allergic to both, and their bottled water makes me very ill. I had to do some serious digging to find out about the hidden preservatives, which cause such a major body reaction for me.

I had no idea that Coke and Pepsi added preservatives to bottled water. Another reason to filter your own

ScubaMonkey
15th December 2011, 21:43
I think water rights had a lot to do with the west getting involved in the whole Libya thing!

sandy
16th December 2011, 03:05
Hi Ilie,

Just so you know they do sell air at some garages here in Canada. I went one day to put air in my tire and there was a vending machine at the air hose........50 cents!!!!

I was so astonished and aghast I went into the complex to confront what they were doing. To make a long story short the poor attendant agreed with me and said that she turns on the pump for free for anyone who asks but other wise she just watches while people pay for air to put in their tires>>>>>>>>>>>>I decided she looked so sheepish that I wouldn't break into a conversation about compliance :( >>>>got my FREE air and left :)

conk
16th December 2011, 16:20
Governments in the USA have been known to monitor, license, and tax wells dug by individuals. So, on your own property you must seek approval from a government dickweed to take water from the ground? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ilie Pandia
16th December 2011, 18:44
I see... so this issue is quite old, I just happened to stumble on it now...

If the water and food end up being controlled by a few then I see tough time ahead...

christian
16th December 2011, 18:48
We shouldn't pay something to some person to live on this planet, since we are born on it, let us just be free and self-responsible self-sustaining stewards of this planet.

I want to add letting the amount of paper money or even precious metals, that one holds, determine how much influence one has over others is indeed psychotic.