PDA

View Full Version : I just graduated college

Decibellistics
15th December 2011, 00:56
Not that this is of any importance to anyone but I have just graduated with a B.A. in audio production technology & aesthetics.

I suppose there is supposed to be a weight lifted off my shoulders but not so much....If anyone is looking for an audio engineer, get at me. Much love ya'll

Heyoka_11
15th December 2011, 01:00
Not that this is of any importance to anyone

Not so at all!

Congratulations on your achievement, and I hope you enjoy every success.

All the Best,

Tony :)

New Dawn
15th December 2011, 01:00
Well done. I remember doing mine - it was during my true awakening, which really didn't make my 3 years any easier! :)

What sequencers can you use? Also what kind of music are you into etC?

Alex Laker
15th December 2011, 01:04
I hope that it enables you to create much happiness for other people - I certainly appreciate the profundity and resonance of well engineered audio :) Personally, my pursuit of a degree in physics is directed towards a rather more inward search for resonance.

WhiteFeather
15th December 2011, 01:04
Congrads, I hated School with a Passion. Kudos to you. Good luck on your new journey.

Decibellistics
15th December 2011, 01:11
Thank ye's.

I am into all sorts of music. Heavy Rock, Bluegrass, Jazz, Orchestral, etc. I generally play more experimental rock and make beats and electronica.

I'm proficient in and use Protools, Fruityloops, Cubase/Nuendo, and Wavelabs for mastering. I can also do a little bit of MIDI stuff from time to time. I can also record to analog ( 2-track and Multitrack) and have a good chunk of experience on SSL Duality, Euphonix S5,and C24 consoles.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Araxes if my math was better than it is I totally would have chosen to be a chemist or physicist. Kudos to you

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Thanks everyone for the blessings too. Much appreciated. Warmth.

New Dawn
15th December 2011, 01:14
That's great. I use Cubase and Ableton mainly...Good luck, keep being creative - its amazing what it does for your soul!

Decibellistics
15th December 2011, 01:16
Ableton is pretty hip, especially if you do live automation stuff

New Dawn
15th December 2011, 01:19
Ableton is pretty hip, especially if you do live automation stuff

I've not had to use it live yet, but next year I will be. But even from a writing point of view, I love how easy it is, and how much it can do. I've also noticed that music sounds better out of it than from Cubase...

Decibellistics
15th December 2011, 01:25
interesting. Cubase I believe is floating point too. The algorithm in Ableton's quantization must be killer.

Tarka the Duck
15th December 2011, 09:52
Many many congratulations!! May you and your Fruityloops go far... ;)
Kathie

Tony
15th December 2011, 10:33
Well done......so you like noise eh!

All the best for the future,
Tony

misericordia
15th December 2011, 10:42
Congrats Decibellistics!

I also graduated this year and it didn't feel as liberating as I had imagined it would... haha.

Good luck with the future! :)

New Dawn
15th December 2011, 10:58
interesting. Cubase I believe is floating point too. The algorithm in Ableton's quantization must be killer.

I should add that I'm basing this on my usage of Cubase 5 Vs' Ableton 8 :)

scanner
15th December 2011, 11:06
Don't put yourself down , you have completed the first stage of you very interesting life and achieved much thus far . Go and make others happy at what you do best .

Much love

Phoenix
15th December 2011, 12:35
Congrats Decibellistics!

Sound is for the soul! I'm happy for ya. I'm about to graduate too, we should get a little recent grad group together and mash our brains!

Phoenix

Lifebringer
15th December 2011, 12:53
Husband got his ITT and started an internet community political and social website called Whats On Your Mind had it for 2 years but the owner is very sick so the station may be closed. Now we can do it from home and we invite guest and people with issues and discuss topics in the local paper to resolve and make solutions. Call in polls on questions concerning the elderly, sick, poor, and small businesses at a much more affordable price. Advertising can be worked out for putting commercials in a loop for 24 hours or whatever time you deem your show on. God is good and he made sure you had this knowledge for a purpose. With media spewing more fiction than fact, community drums for freedom are the people's choice for a voice. That is the reason they are trying so hard to shut the internet down, but the genie is out the bottle and the wishes have been made for peace on this planet and the worlds beyond. Good must balance out the vast number of years of bad karmetic actions created in the 20th. That is our intention to bring forth positive and progressive solutions that are sustaining for our children and children's children's future.
We must work on this in every avenue of life, no matter what hurdles, trials or experiences befall us, it's all God's plan.

God speed, hope I've been of help.

Signed
"not a religious fanatic"
Just speaking what I feel. I also just graduated from a Green Trades School for cleaner efficient energy solutions from housing to landscaping. Getting ready to do the planet around the world, but starting in my community at home. PTW left so many behind with a middlefinger, that the village must once again, raise the village and children and look out for our fellowman. That isn't in a corporate boardroom's agenda. Nor do they care. We are all just numbers to them valued at 6 million throughout our lifetime. They don't have the right to price my life, how do they know I won't hit a lottery or something, so this is very silly of them to azz-ume, if you know what I mean. The limits they place on us, won't continue. Like Martin Luther King, I have seen a vision of what America and the world can be in peace, and it's time for it to happen. Too many souls have been killed for lies.

RMorgan
15th December 2011, 13:17
Congratulations my friend!!! This is a truly fascinating field and I hope you to be very successful in your career!! Do your work with passion and everything is going to happen for you! :)

Cheers,

Raf.

pharoah21
15th December 2011, 13:20
This thread reminds me of the Chris Gardner, the true character from the movie, 'The Pursuit of Happiness'

http://www.lichuang.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/The-Pursuit-of-Happiness.jpg

This is a speech by the man the movie was based on, where he addressed a college during their graduation. This is one of my favourite speeches of all time.

Listen, zone in on what he's saying. You may find a few golden nuggets in this.......

vtYpJzQkx1Y

sandy
16th December 2011, 04:57
Hi Decibellistics,

Congratulations on your Graduation!! Another fork in the road and your new journey is ahead. Blessings in finding your dream job!!

Adrian86
16th December 2011, 05:37
I attended SAE institute (Audio Production)

what institute did you attend if you don't mind me asking? and how did you find the experience/teachers and everything over all?

Ellisa
16th December 2011, 06:47
Don't put yourself down--- anyone who finishes college is showing that they understand the importance of having an aim and then working hard to achieve it.
Although this may not be the last course of study you will complete, or your career may head in an unexpected direction, you have shown you can stick to whatever you intended. This is a very important thing to have achieved.

Now it's over--- CELEBRATE!!! and have fun. You deserve it! All the best for the future!

Rantaak
16th December 2011, 07:41
'Gratz on getting your degree! School is stupid by default but the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

I've been using FLStudio for over ten years now, back when it was just a step sequencer known as "Fruityloops 2.3"....

We're launching a start-up in the coming months but unfortunately I've already filled the seat for Audio work... And creative director.

Keep at it! The better you get, the sooner someone will realize your talent!