PDA

View Full Version : Sunlight alone does not cause skin cancer

john.d
7th July 2010, 09:57
(NaturalNews) We've all been told that sunlight causes skin cancer. This message has been drilled into our heads for so long that most people actually believe it. But what if this "truth" was actually a medical myth? What if dermatologists and health experts didn't know the whole story? What if their explanations about sun exposure and skin cancer were too simplistic and outdated?
continued here :

http://www.naturalnews.com/029146_sun_exposure_skin_cancer.html

There is some good info on the video , ive been having some debates with friends and family about using suncream and the myth that the sun is bad for you . I just get the usual rolling of the eyes though :)

John

Caren
7th July 2010, 10:24
Hi John, having a younger sister with skin cancer I personally am interested in learning more about this.
Thanks for posting.
caren

john.d
7th July 2010, 10:56
Hi John, having a younger sister with skin cancer I personally am interested in learning more about this.
Thanks for posting.
caren

Hello caren , have you looked at alternative treatments for it ? There are loads of things that work , like MMS , essiac tea , Jason Winters tea , Gerson diet , water fasting and even bicarb . I can send some links if you like ?

John

HORIZONS
7th July 2010, 11:38
I agree with this assertion. With very light skin I burn easily and used to use sunscreen when out in the sun. I have had several cancers cut and burned off on me. But then I had an epiphany on the matter and gave up the sunscreen and started to detox my body and clear up my skin. Now I spend a good amount of time purposely sunning my whole body without the use of sunscreens and even though I may get a little reddish sometimes it is always gone the next day and there is never any kind of blistering or pealing or anything like that. Now I read info like this and it just confirms what I felt within me on this matter -- I believe the sun is good for you - in moderation - but you must clean out as many toxins as you can to help support this function. With all the toxic crap that is trapped in your skin and add all the very toxic crap in sunscreen and you have the perfect recipe for skin cancer. All of this is just my opinion of coarse, but this has been working for me in a very real and positive way now for a couple of years. I appreciate any evidence that supports this. One thing: I feel that you must start out slowly with the sun an work yourself up on exposure, and be consistent; and it is vital to detox and to eat a healthy diet for this to really have the benefits you desire.

Solphilos
7th July 2010, 14:19
I've never once bought into the myth that the sun causes cancer; at least not as simply as they like to tell people. I come from a long line of farmers and carpenters, and the older members of my family have spent most of their days out in the sun. Despite their caucasian lineage, they would appear to be native american at first sight due to so many years of sun exposure.
None of them have ever had any occurrences of skin cancer or any skin lesions for that matter, and were all in relatively good health despite their old ages.

I developed a chronic form of psoriasis about 10 years ago, and began sunbathing as a means of treating the illness. Not only did the lesions disappear, but colds became more rare in my life and my energy levels went through the roof.

Sun exposure is however directly related to vitamin D production in the body, one of the vitamins that many people are deficient in due to it's lacking in so many common foods.
I would consider all of this negative propaganda about our live-giving star to be just more medical cartel garbage, trying to keep people sick as they always do.

Swami
7th July 2010, 15:34
Thanks for posting.
caren

If you haven't seen this one yet you might find usefull info in it.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

Good luck..

Solphilos
7th July 2010, 15:40
Topical hashish; I've never considered it.

HORIZONS
7th July 2010, 19:19
If you haven't seen this one yet you might find usefull info in it.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

Good luck..

Very interesting video series - I wish my best friend could have used this approach instead of the traditional one - he just might have lived.

norman
7th July 2010, 21:57
The emperor has never worn a stitch. There's always much more to the story than what the experts hide their ignorance behind. While I'm weary of the Sun these days, for 'other' reasons, I'm becoming quite convinced that a good general rule of thumb is to turn every official statement, rule or fact around by 180 degrees and you'll be much nearer the truth.

After many years of disparing that I'd ever have a proper NHS doctor again, I actually discovered that one of the senior partners at my local has a healthy amount of genuine curiosity and lateral cogitivity. We got into a conversation about cholesterol and the stupidity of measuring it in solution in the blood. When I introduced the notion of 'precipitation' ( thanks to Dr Petterson ) his eyes engaged with my face like a friends. We nattered for half an hour!.... then he told me I was the last for the day.

That doctor was only one of two professionals I've spoken to recently who have intimated that they really wonder why so many people put so much faith in their knowledge. The other has a PhD, and admitted to me that she often wonders when people will rumble them and find out that they don't really know anything much at all.

All the "professionals" that I ever encounter seem far too busy to really give themselves a proper ongoing education. Add to that the ever growing number of pseudo academics and talking heads in the media who just love to pat each other on the back and stay on the merry-go-round of badly framed debating issues and top down taboos......... what chance is there of ever hearing the best that the human intelect can do from these buffoons?

Nah!.....don't think so........

Ammit
7th July 2010, 23:06
I have never believed that what can charge our pineal gland with energy is also capable of doing harm to that it has charged....
Ammit

norman
8th July 2010, 00:21
quote - "Just because I dont think like you, use words like you and behave like you.
Does not mean I am not part of this world,, LIKE YOU......"

huhg!...... in this world of "out-cooling" forum signatures, AMMIT, and yours is in the same tradition, I like it for it's neutral gravity of intelect. My only ( slight) suspision is that there is a ransid absolutism in it.

I love your absolutism, it's so effective when discussion sinks down to the polite toleration zone where "getting to sleep" is more important than "waking up".

My hunch is that, on this specific issue, you are wrong. Your avoidance of caution is subliminally inocent and i love it, but, there is usually MORE! to the story. A quick scan over the stuff folks have dug up about expensive mind controlling programs since 'god knows when' have hammered home to me the realization that what we think we know is more that 50% likely to be totally wrong.

If we were simply dealing with the so-called established understanding of the errr...."facts" about exposure to the sun, I'd be firmly "right behind you", if only on the principle of the logic you state. I'm more that 50% convinced that what we think we know about our sun is WRONG!.

Add to that the "roumours" about the unique time/space "event" we are currently living through and i tend to lean towards a cautionary position. I'm no scientist but I've heard over and over that the sun is NOT! behaving 'normally' right now. My mind BOGGLES! at the possibilities behind that. At the very least I regard the sun with the same degree of suspicion as a black limmo with machine guns sticking out of every window.

Caren
8th July 2010, 01:20
Thank you John and Swami for your interest and concern. Just a little more information in regards to my
sister, she has been treated and is doing fine. She has to keep a diligent eye on any new skin changes.
It may be of interest, my grandfather had skin cancer in the same area and had it removed a couple of
times. He died at 106 years of age!...from a fall sadly. Thanks again.
caren

8th July 2010, 01:36
Living in Australia I am concerned about excessive sun exposure and the high incidence of skin cancer, but I prefer my daily dose of Vitamin D and have never had any problems.

Caren
8th July 2010, 02:10
Hi 1984, there is so much information on the positive health benefits of vitamin D... I too take it daily
and rarely suffer colds, flu, etc..

leavesoftrees
8th July 2010, 03:50
When I introduced the notion of 'precipitation' ( thanks to Dr Petterson ) his eyes engaged with my face like a friends.

Hi Norman can you explain what you mean by this, or provide a link. many thanks

norman
8th July 2010, 08:44
Hi Norman can you explain what you mean by this, or provide a link. many thanks

yes, err.... Doctor Pete Peterson Camelot interview ( it's very long and in 3 parts, I can't remember which part it was mentioned in )

Apparently, according to research he was involved in, the sheer amount of cholestorol in the blood is irrelavent to the amount of precipitated solids that clog up the linings of our blood vessels. measuring the cholestorol in the blood is as rediculous as measuring the amount of water vapour passing overhead when what you really want to know is how much water is going to fall on your garden etc. It's the precipitation that creates a wet garden and it's the precipitation that creates a clogged blood vessel.

according to Doctor Peterson, the evidence for that precipitation of cholesterol in our blood vessels is quite conclusive. It's caused mainly by the chemicals in the 'public' water supply.

That's about it. If you look into this issue and find out more than I know about it, please let me know more about it.

best wishes,

norman.