PDA

View Full Version : Preparing For Tomorrow, Today: The Way of The Peaceful Warrior

Jeffrey
18th December 2011, 19:31
This is a self proclamation in response to the following post I made in this (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?36794-David-Wilcock-receives-very-serious-death-threat-after-Fulford-gets-kidnapped&p=383034&viewfull=1#post383034) thread.

http://duncanofinioan.wordpress.com/

Take it for what it is....

My friend, after reading your blog entry and a little about your biography (I'm currently reading more), I've decided something. You remind me of a man named Sumner. He's the main character in the book Radix by A. A. Attanasio. I love that book. By the way he's a great character, so it's a compliment.

I have some questions for you and I think that you might in the position (i.e. have the insight) to answer them. I'll be completely undisguised here, but know this: I do not feel helpless.

At times though, I do feel like I'm just a keyboard warrior. I read the headlines and articles in the mainstream realm of the alternative media community (I have my "go-to's"). I watch videos of the whistle blowers blowing their whistles. I get information here and there, hear conflicting stories, draw some connections and conclusions. I have my core beliefs, yet I'm not sure what to believe.

I share some "beginners" information with some friends and family to get the gears in their heads turning. Is that supposed to be where the buck stops? I want to fight the good fight. I've always believed that there was a lion in all of us—a warrior.

Where do you go from there?

I have no contacts, no insiders, nobody trying to recruit me behind the scenes. Hell, I don't exactly know what I have to offer, or how to offer more. So I feel that I just watch from the sidelines and throw my two cents in when an interesting thread comes along the forum. Building a facility of righteous discernment, spreading the truth, learning to be self-sufficient, humanitarian, etc. etc. are all things I can do on my own, yes. Some patience and diligence would probably serve me well too.

We fight to try to keep the balance between the dark and the light...There are many of us. Our job as I said, is to try and hold the balance between, well … what most people today commonly know as White Hats and Black Hats.

Is it just by the worlds twisted sense of grace that one becomes established in this battle more directly?

Bill, you could probably shed some light on this too.

Please, don't mistake this post as me asking you to take responsibility for my motivations or prioritize my ambitions. This is not a "save-me" plea. Like I said I'm being undisguised and genuine here. Duncan, I can see that you really are a straight talker and your passion sizzled beneath your blog post—I can respect that. I'm asking these questions in earnest, and I hope one of you could shed some light on this dilemma. I'm 24 years old and I live in the suburbs! This don't feel like the front lines! I'm not going to pretend to know what everybody else's position on this is, but I will go out on a limb and say that I am not alone here on this issue.

I can almost sense the answer is some mix of the following...

The best thing you can do for the world is to seek your own enlightenment.

Now stand the hell up. Pull it together, take all this B.S. information that you get from the total B.S. “informants”, and throw it away. Talk to some people who really and truly *are* in the thick of things, that are actually fighting and working right now.

I don't know that I'm necessarily asking for guidance, or direction. Just something definite, you know? What more can I (or anybody) offer to the good fight?

I was being very authentic there and you can feel the undertones of frustration in the post. Also, it was a bit off topic and left me with the bitter taste of self-pity in my mouth. So, I've decided to put together a list of things I can do on a daily basis.

A sword in it's sheath is a treasure beyond compare. Nonetheless I am a Lion—a Warrior. This is a battle for my mind, for my will-power, for my sense of succor regarding my life and the extraordinary potential of humankind and this planet. Anger is an excellent motivator, especially if it's righteous. Personally, I give a damn.

I feel like I can be doing more. I will look at this list daily and pick 2-3 (or however many) declarations to concentrate on for that day. The idea being that eventually I will develop a particular mindfulness about these affirmations and they will become second nature. I am trying to enrich myself, train, and mature my convictions. Here is the list.

Preparing For the Future: The Warrior's Call To Action.

1) Develop fortitude and valor.

2) Learn to be self sufficient.

3) Live within your means/needs by conserving resources.

4) Be grateful and practice compassion.

5) Recycle, do not litter.

6) Exercise your mental faculties.

7) Cultivate righteous discernment.

8) Educate yourself in current affairs.

9) Champion your conviction, protect the truth.

10) Be physically active.

11) Serve/help others for the greater good of the world.

12) Spread awareness.

13) Recognize opportunities for fellowship.

14) Find your balance between rationality and optimism.

15) Seek spirituality.

16) Be proactive.

17) Cultivate integrity.

18) Respect all life on this planet, not just human.

19) Understand the mechanics of fear.

20) Practice forgiveness.

21) Learn from your mistakes.

22) Treasure humor, but know when to be serious.

This is my list, it's somewhat subjective in some points, but I know what I mean. Feel free to use or edit this list to suit your position in life. Or, just make your own! :)

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm ... As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others." -Audrey Hupburn

Very wise words in my opinion.

Much Love to y'all,

Vivek (the LIONHEART!)

alienHunter
18th December 2011, 19:39
Your suburbs thing threw me...I was gonna guess Austin?

AlternativeInfoJunkie
18th December 2011, 19:48
At first i was like "hey that is a great list. I wanna use it." But then i thought about some of your aspirations and i thought just taking yours would defeat the purpose of some of them haha. So tonight i will go home and write my own list inspired by yours! (I'm 24 too by the way so that might explain why your words resonated with me so much). I too feel a desire to be on the front lines. Sometimes i'm just not sure which battlefield i should be a part of... I just know something is dreadfully wrong with the world and i want to fight to make it better because i believe it and it's people are worth fighting for.

-AIJ

Jeffrey
18th December 2011, 20:48

Nope, I'd like to visit there, and I'd also like to keep my exact whereabouts private. :)

At first i was like "hey that is a great list. I wanna use it." But then i thought about some of your aspirations and i thought just taking yours would defeat the purpose of some of them haha. So tonight i will go home and write my own list inspired by yours! (I'm 24 too by the way so that might explain why your words resonated with me so much). I too feel a desire to be on the front lines. Sometimes i'm just not sure which battlefield i should be a part of... I just know something is dreadfully wrong with the world and i want to fight to make it better because i believe it and it's people are worth fighting for.

-AIJ

I hear that man. It's like I can be "awake" but still lying in bed! Dozing off now and again, hitting the snooze button on the alarm. It's all hazy sometimes. I think there is transition state (a time for questioning yourself and the world), and then comes the transformation state (where you act on your new found truths, and get out of bed). It can definitely be frustrating, but like I said, some patience and diligence would probably serve me well.

AlternativeInfoJunkie
18th December 2011, 21:24

Nope, I'd like to visit there, and I'd also like to keep my exact whereabouts private. :)

-AIJ

I hear that man. It's like I can be "awake" but still lying in bed! Dozing off now and again, hitting the snooze button on the alarm. It's all hazy sometimes. I think there is transition state (a time for questioning yourself and the world), and then comes the transformation state (where you act on your new found truths, and get out of bed). It can definitely be frustrating, but like I said, some patience and diligence would probably serve me well.

Yea i definitely know what you mean about the snooze button haha. I find that i do that way too much. Like sometimes i'll say "i don't want to do research or talk about current events today. I'm just going to relax and play some video games" it's like willingly staying asleep. But like you i do want to become more motivated and disciplined.

Jeffrey
18th December 2011, 21:33
I was just about to get ready to go to work when a quote caught my attention. It seemed appropriate for this thread so I thought I'd share it with y'all...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -Marianne Williamson

alienHunter
18th December 2011, 21:35
I was just about to get ready to go to work when a quote caught my attention. It seemed appropriate for this thread so I thought I'd share it with y'all...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -Marianne Williamson

I do have difficulty dealing with that...;)

meredith
18th December 2011, 21:51
Thank you for articulating this so well, Vivek. I'm saving your list for occasions when I get lost in the mire.

BlueGem
2nd January 2012, 19:41
Vivek, I know it's frustrating some times. I too have had to learn patience and constraint. As individuals the most important things we can do are internal. Make yourself aware of everything around you, spread love and compassion, and focus on raising your vibrations while making sure not to force people to do likewise.

It can be tough, but the number of people thinking like us is rising!

ahauocha
15th January 2013, 15:32
Brother,
Thoughts for you , from another you.

We are all related, ALL is important, it is everything on your path.
We say "I am another you, you another me" Do this with a tree. A tree takes light from Sun and radiates this 24/7 to Mother Earth. Do we as humans do such great work? Why would I cut down my own life?

It is also our responsibility to hook-up to the Sun and radiate that light 24/7.
Sit with the Sun-- I am another you, You are another me-- try that mantra, listen and feel what El Sol teaches. From your Solar plexus is the Energy hook-up, play with it, direct it. Heal, transform, manifest ; as with a tool given tests of its use will be given.

This is the way we are going, we chose to come here, at this time. It is not easy being human. Yet, remember you are Divine, as stated “you can do these things and more.” Keep your tools sharp--ready to go. So when Spirit calls you are ready.

When you truly know, life is eternal, fear does not guide your path. We heal the past, we stand in the present. Our choices today direct a future.
It is a Good Day---brother
lance