PDA

View Full Version : (sleeping) brain as an antenna of perceptions

guayabal
25th December 2011, 06:04
I would like to know what you think about one kind of dreams: dreams about representations of perceptions or emotions of a close one (in my case is my girlfriend).

Lately I have had dreams that I ended linking with things that my girlfriend experienced the same day (probably while I was sleeping because I have been sleeping until midday lately when my girlfriend is already long awake).

This experience is making me believe that we (our brain?) can pick complex feeling/emotions or probably ideas from other people around us just by directing our attention to them... probably we already do that without noticing. What do you think?

Cheers!

Adrian86
27th December 2011, 09:34
this is a common occurrence for me. I tend to dream of symbols or events to occur the following day or as you described. Interesting indeed!

“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists.” - Nikola Tesla

Mulder
27th December 2011, 09:52
I definately believe this occurs. Its a kind of empathy or extra-sensory perception communication. I often get deja-vu, so its clear the the future & the past are in parallel, and not happening in a straight line. So one's feelings can also be a parallel with their loved ones.

BestLion
27th December 2011, 10:20
Same here I had a dream 1 year ago of which I had deja-vu 3 days ago and that dream came back to me..drams, the cosmos, and altered state of conscience all very interesting to me.