PDA

View Full Version : 2011-12-26 - Update - Panama UOFs

Chester
27th December 2011, 02:25
This is getting even cooler... last night I spotted three at the same time crawling across the sky.

Then this evening I have over 100 shots with one of these objects overhead.

When I came back upstairs I saw out my back kitchen window an extraordinary site - see the pics

Panama Sam

wolf_rt
27th December 2011, 04:22
what sort of lens are you using mate? since this phenomenon is ongoing any chance you can get hold of a telephoto lens for better resolution?

1inMany
27th December 2011, 04:38
Oh my gosh, in that 4th pic, the one close up next to the bright white line-thing, that pink object looks almost living, doesn't it?

This is probably a really stupid question, so apology in advance, but the crescent shape is the moon, right?

Chester
27th December 2011, 04:54
Stuff is moving so fast ... someone needs to tell me if the moon was setting around 7 or so PM this evening ... if so - it was the moon - if not, and the close up seems weird for a moon to me - But the weird thing is that I cannot believe I am the only one here in a city of 1 million people watching these things crawl across the sky - I mean really... several of my Colombian friends are all excited and happy and stuff. I have over 600 cool shots - all unique
Sam

1inMany
27th December 2011, 04:59
Yeah, someone else had to have seen this! It's so awesome. Surely people are watching, and you just don't hear them talking about it! Of course, probably most people just go on about their business without looking up. I still think that pink shot look living, though.

Pete
27th December 2011, 05:31
Try and get a camera on a stand, some high asa film, a decent telephoto lens and even better a broadcast quality digital video camera. It would be great to see if you could improve on the images given that this seems to be a regular show.

Chester
27th December 2011, 05:43
what blows my mind is this is happening every night - I saw three at the same time last night. My Camera is a Canon Power Shot A620 - that's the best I can do. I Offered to send originals to anyone and no one has asked.
Sam

wolf_rt
27th December 2011, 07:09
i don't think anybody else would be able to get any more data from the pics, than what is shown on the ones you've shared with us....

also, people are lazy, and would rather you do the work :-)

perhaps if finances allowed, you could rent a better camera for a day or two?
found this with a quick google.

Red One Rental Panama
PO Box 550405
Panama City
Panama
T: 66136488