PDA

View Full Version : Michael Talbot - Rare Holographic Universe Lecture

Muzz
30th December 2011, 00:27
Hi folks

Just finnished listening to this and thought you might enjoy it.

UHe5C_Gzgvk

The book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holographic-Universe-Michael-Talbot/dp/0586091718/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325204814&sr=8-1) is very interesting too.

Mike Gorman
30th December 2011, 01:51
I recall about 20 years ago there was a paperback publication with a similar title, this had excerpts from the work
of: Rupert Sheldrake, Max Planck, Bohm, Schrodinger and other 'high flying' researchers-proposed the same concept of 'The Holographic Universe'
This was responsible for introducing this 'paradigm' to me, part of my waking up you could say-bless these guys for taking the trouble to explain this stuff
to those of us not privvy to the high uplands of research.

sigma6
18th February 2013, 06:43
Michael Talbot 'Holographic Realities' New Dimensions

zv2EAlHAUHc
amazing interview - our reality is closer to a hologram

I have heard this concept many times before, but listening to Talbot himself has given me a whole different perspective, this ties in things I have been wrestling with, this ties those things together, this makes a lot of sense to me now... this is powerful what this means... we are mere infants to the game of consciousness... and we think ourselves superior to the animals?

His model explains why people experience what they do, how supernatural events are occurring, why different religions work according to the faith of the believers, we tune into the realities that we experience... awesome, humbling

Sirius White
18th February 2013, 07:29
Yes....

This is true.

All of a thought condensate matrix originating from an ineffable Source.

Bill Ryan
18th February 2013, 22:00
-------

Here's his masterwork, THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE:

http://projectavalon.net/The_Holographic_Universe_Michael_Talbot.pdf

Fred Ryan
18th February 2013, 22:04
Great interview. Thanks for posting.

RMorgan
18th February 2013, 22:28
-------

This is an awesome book indeed, Bill.

Well, since you posted the link to the PDF, I´m posting the link to the EPUB version, so those who have e-book readers can read it more comfortably; It´s a much better format to read in cellphones, tablet and computers.

Here it is: http://tuebl.ca/book/show/id/5056

Just click on "download", right bellow the cover picture.

Cheers,

Raf.

DevilPigeon
18th February 2013, 22:44
-------

Ah yes, an absolutely fantastic book...! It was one of the first "alternative" books I read (along with Krishnamurti's "Freedom from the known"), and helped to open up my mind to alternate realities.

astrid
19th February 2013, 07:07
Here's the full length version of the OP

GiTS5fywxVs

Muzz
19th February 2013, 10:00
Hi astrid, many thanks for posting the full version. My chores in the garden this morning may have to wait a wee while. :)

Kristin
19th February 2013, 23:17
Thank you Astrid! We are setting it up now for this evenings thoughts.

From the Heart,
Kristin

Jeffrey
26th February 2013, 06:43
The idea is that matter is fundamentally digital. It exists in discrete packets -- like data. Space is also fundamentally digital. Time, as we perceive it, is the speed at which the material universe processes data at a fundamental level. The reality of time is continuous, eternal, and non-linear. We cannot perceive time like this because our biology only allows us to experience reality digitally.

The grid of space exists as a lattice of volumetric, plank-scale cubes. The overall structure of space is warped; possibly like a torus. Imagine these cubes having two possible states. This means that the fabric of space is essentially binary and therefore each cube in the matrix can be characterized by either a "one" or a "zero" (1,0).

Now, there is the concept of time. As previously mentioned, time is the processing speed of the cosmos. Energy is released or absorbed when a bit flips from a "one" to a "zero" (or vise versa) in this warped lattice of space. Imagine this grid in two dimensions and not warped.

http://www.hollandkitchens.com/REMODELING/MeasuringGraphics/grid.gif

An electromagnetic wave is not a thing itself. It is a wake of information that propagates through the grid. Light is a product of bit flipping. The speed of light is a universal constant that equals the frequency of the wave multiplied by it's wavelength.

http://content.answcdn.com/main/content/img/CDE/WAVELEN.GIF

Picture the pixels of the grid being populated by alternating "ones" and "zeros". Remember, when a bit flips it is essentially transferring information. At the same time, it is transmitting energy through space because energy itself is either a requisite or a product of bit flipping. So, imagine a long radio wave traversing through the grid versus a gamma wave. The gamma wave has a shorter wavelength and it covers more area (and it cycles more often) when it propagates. It essentially flips more bits and therefore carries more energy with it. In this way, the whole electromagnetic spectrum can be explained in terms of energy as a function of how many bits it can flip in a given area.

Notice the path that the wave takes in this model. It goes up from a particular point, then down, and then back up again to complete one cycle. It covers more bits than if it were to just travel in a linear fashion.

There is a faster route between the two points -- longitudinally. This route flips less bits, but it would necessarily be what we would consider super-luminal.

In three dimensions, a column-like longitudinal wave could be created that could carry an enormous amount of energy and information. Possibly, more that gamma waves if the circumference of the column was wide enough. It would be akin to having a wavelength much denser than that of gamma waves. This columnar, longitudinal wave's energy and information content would only be limited by the volume of the actual cubes in the lattice. Since there is no space between the cubes, the transmission of such a wave would be instantaneous. I'm not sure that it could even be considered a wave. It would be akin to moving a large log at one end; the other end moves with it simultaneously. The process is instantaneous, just like quantum entanglement. There may be some rarefaction and compression though, this reminds me of some of the "static-electric" phenomena that happened when Tesla's giant AC motors kicked up. I don't know, I need to go back and re-read it.

http://scienceprep.org/images/waves.jpg

Now, back to the actual waves. After a wave has passed through a space it leaves a trace. The bits where it's been have been flipped. If we knew the state of the bits previously, we could infer what kind of wave has passed through the space by how the bits have changed. Theoretically, and with the right techniques, an entire history of a place could be reconstructed based on how the information within the lattice of bits has changed. This also answers one strange aspect of the infamous "double-slit experiment". When an electron is fired through a slit, it leaves a path of transitioned bits it's flipped in the wake of space it passed through. This information translation radiates throughout space. This is what interferes with the path of the next electron if the next electron happens to travel through the other slit. In one slit there is no interference, yet with two slits there is. I'm working on exploring this idea in more depth, but that's the gist of it.

So, energy is a product of bit flipping and information transfer through space. Time is the processing speed of bit flipping. Electromagnetic waves (i.e. light) are time keepers of a ticking universe. Also, super-luminal transference of information and energy are possible in this scenario (as mentioned above).

That's energy. Now, there is also matter. There are a slew of particles that have been discovered by physicist over the last century. Let's just consider one -- the proton.

The digital lattice is actually warped. When information propagates through this binary matrix of space, it can eventually curve into itself. What happens is that the process of bit flipping becomes encased in a vortex-like, recursive loop. Most importantly, it resists change. That is why it remains solid instead of just dissipating when a energetic wave of fluctuating information strikes it. It is vibrating in a manner that is consistent with how much information and energy it is recursively cycling. It is literally like frozen light in a way or like solitons of data.

An up quark could be a line of code -- 110 -- recursively flipping it's bits at light speed.

A down quark -- 010 -- is doing the same thing. It's energy level is different because the two binary states are different with respect to energy.

Gluons could be the result of two "grid-lines" pulling away from each other. That's why they're so strong.

A proton exists as two up quarks and one down quark. These are like tiny bytes of matter that are constantly flipping states, but favor one state in particular due to the processing speed of the universe. Just like a fan or the rotating wheels on a car -- they are moving faster than we can process. Yet, in that blur of cycling, a solid image appears that looks like the fan blade, or wheel, moving slower than it actually is. This also alludes to the measurement problem. It doesn't appear as solid until we observe it. When we actually observe it, we are only doing so as much as our devices allow ... whether they be our own brains or an external scientific instrument.

Intrinsically, matter reveals itself through the propagation of bits through space. It's not that the bits themselves are moving anywhere, rather the digital change of state is being passed along bit by bit. When light strikes an object, some of the light is absorbed and some of it is "reflected". The portion that is reflected is determined by the information content of what it was reflected off of. It is carrying the obverse pattern of the information that wasn't absorbed. When this "digital wave" of discrete data packets strikes my eye it creates a chain reaction of bit flipping that is transmitted by discrete electrical pulses. The reaction is the obverse of what the light coded for. What the light coded for was obverse of what information it bounced off of. Therefore, the data I'm currently processing matches what I see. The brain is a biocomputer. It processes digitally. Matter is fundamentally digital. It is compressed information that I unpack in my mind.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/media/inline/the-human-brain-project_1.jpg http://www.bergamosera.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/images2.jpeg

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/ss-big-data-brain.jpg?w=655&h=477

These fundamental strings of recursive code interact with one another. They fit together to form different atoms and chemicals. These form different compounds, different programs that behave according to the codes they contain. It's all governed by physical algorithms and equations that dictate how they interact. Maybe the physics of it is on the right side of the equation. The "laws" of physics are the answers to the interactive number crunching that takes place when the digital content of matter and energy is propagated and transferred through space.

These are just concepts. More importantly, they are just ideas in the process of being developed. I thought they fit here. This might infer that the universe operates as a giant computer, continuously computing all of the information in the universe. On the other hand, the digital concepts may just be a handy model to explain certain phenomena. This doesn't mean that the universe is an actual "artificial" computer like we think of it. There's more that relates to other subatomic particles, gravity, consciousness, and all that jazz. All under construction.

The material universe is digital. There is a continuity to everything too. There is something inside myself, my being, that is analog. Maybe this is an aspect of conscious awareness. The higher states of existence are increasingly analog. They are more complete -- their expanse of awareness is more total. Similar to listening to a record verses a compact disc. Spirit verses matter. Analog verses digital. Atonement is therefore an evolvement towards continuity. At one with everything. An everything that is no longer quantized.

This is also why machine intelligence can never understand everything. In trying to evolve into total information awareness it would be limited in the sense that it must process data -- bit by bit. It can evolve to process at higher and higher speeds, but there exists a limit. It can infinitely approach something, but never reach it. By it's very nature it's awareness will remain fundamentally digital. This is matter.

Jeffrey
26th February 2013, 21:29
LS3wMC2BpxU