PDA

View Full Version : Genpets, what are they really? selling genetically designed hybrids?

shadowstalker
31st December 2011, 07:01
My daughter showed me this, what do you guys think? Is it a hoax or is there really something to it.....????

http://www.genpets.com/meet.php
Unpackage your Genpet and unpackage a world of possibilities.

Say Hello to the all New Genpets™ from Bio.Genica!
The Genpets™ are Pre-Packaged, Bioengineered pets implemented today!

That’s right, Genpets are not toys or robots. They are living, breathing genetic animals.

We use a process called "Zygote Micro Injection" which is quickly becoming a favourable method to combine DNA, or to insert certain proteins from different species. Most notably it was used in 1997 to splice mice with bioluminescent jellyfish (link) and has since been used to create glowing rabbits, pigs, fish, and monkeys (link). Since then, human DNA has been injected into rabbits, chimpanzees, spider DNA into sheep, and now, Genpets have arrived!

Read National Geographic's site for more information on human animal hybrids (link).

Flash
31st December 2011, 07:20
absolutely freaky

Unified Serenity
31st December 2011, 07:54
This makes me sick and I can only see that it will not be to our good or the other animals ultimately. It's like gen modified veggies that will ruin the normal non-hybrid crops so the only food we will have is that which Monsanto sells us seed for which cannot be used to replant the seeds for another crop. This is not good.

Words of Joy
31st December 2011, 08:17
It's a hoax according to comments under this video on Youtube:

6wXc0u9UKuA

ndroock1
31st December 2011, 08:26
The purpose of the project was to make you sick. Anyway, getting sick of a genpet is proof of your sanity. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genpet

Orion142
31st December 2011, 09:54
Well it seems that the geneticists are attempting to familiarise us, through these bizarre hybrid toys, with this unnatural and totally against nature creature. I guess once we have been softened up to accept these unholy creatures they will introduce a full blown human creature into the field. After all they must have had some results from all the experiments carried out underground at the Dulce Base. During operation "Paperclip" after the 2nd world war the Nazi rocket scientists were brought over along with all the geneticists. "Nightmare Hall" was a place underground at Dulce where, these geneticists went and carried out horrendous experiments on humans.

Aryslan
31st December 2011, 10:18
Total hoax, created by an artist, according to the Wikipedia article. Nothing to see here, just another person making money on shock-value.