PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Moral Dilemma

music
3rd January 2012, 11:07
So here is our dilemma:

Imagine you are approached and told you have been chosen for the new earth. A group has been monitoring your social interactions and decided that you meet the criteria of the evolved human.

You are informed that following a distinct and recognisable signal, four fifths of the population of the earth will be wiped out, but you will be fine because you will be given some pills to take that will ensure your survival. You will be allowed to bring your partner and offspring into the new earth with you.

The signal comes, and you are faced with a decision:

take the pills

don't take the pills

What would we do, faced with a dilemma like that?

Vitalux
3rd January 2012, 11:11
I would steal the pills off the group of bastards that were hell bent on destroying 4/5th of humanity and let those bastards die.

modwiz
3rd January 2012, 11:19
So we are stooping to mind-f*ck what if scenario games? This is not adult behavior, IMO. I'll go into the fuddy-duddy corner and not spoil the 'fun'.

My 'what if' is: What if we all started focusing on uplifting themes and not ones designed to create different camps of opinions? What if we aimed for topics to engage our spirits and intellects instead of our emotions?

(Wheezes and totters off to find an easy chair)

Russ1959
3rd January 2012, 11:28
Right on Modwiz, why dont we share our unique uplifting experiences? After all, we care alot.

music
3rd January 2012, 19:32
So we are stooping to mind-f*ck what if scenario games? This is not adult behavior, IMO. I'll go into the fuddy-duddy corner and not spoil the 'fun'.

My 'what if' is: What if we all started focusing on uplifting themes and not ones designed to create different camps of opinions? What if we aimed for topics to engage our spirits and intellects instead of our emotions?

You are missing the point. I am no fear merchant, I thought you might have noticed that. The point is that examination of this problem leads to nothing but a self-perpetuating feedback loop of fear. Instead of sulking, you might wish to examine your strong reaction to this post, because that is the point of it.

Oh, and I tried the uplifting post theme (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?33366-Find-the-Beauty-Share-the-Beauty) when I first joined here - it wasn't a raging sucess.

modwiz
3rd January 2012, 19:56

You are missing the point. I am no fear merchant, I thought you might have noticed that. The point is that examination of this problem leads to nothing but a self-perpetuating feedback loop of fear. Instead of sulking, you might wish to examine your strong reaction to this post, because that is the point of it.

Oh, and I tried the uplifting post theme (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?33366-Find-the-Beauty-Share-the-Beauty) when I first joined here - it wasn't a raging sucess.

There is a difference between ranting and sulking. I know why I reacted strongly to the post. I'm tired of mind games and people being coy and in denial about what they are doing. I don't know if the positive thread you are referring to is to the very questionable anthropogenic global warming thread that you started and seem to hold intellectual/emotional stock in.

That is my rebuttal. I will now take my butt out of this thread, permanently.

markpierre
3rd January 2012, 20:05

I'm missing the point too. Where's the moral dilemma?

The job here is to escape from illusions.

Arrowwind
3rd January 2012, 20:06
It is quite clear that NONE on this thread will get offered any pills..:rofl:

music
3rd January 2012, 20:06

There is a difference between ranting and sulking. I know why I reacted strongly to the post. I'm tired of mind games and people being coy and in denial about what they are doing. I don't know if the positive thread you are referring to is to the very questionable anthropogenic global warming thread that you started and seem to hold intellectual/emotional stock in.

That is my rebuttal. I will now take my butt out of this thread, permanently.

Fair enough.

edit: and fyi, I have never started a thread about anthropogenic global warming, merely played devil's advocate on thread's which don't seem to realise that NWO agenda works both sides of the global warming debate. Interesting you felt you had to attack and attempt to belittle me though.

ceetee9
3rd January 2012, 22:54
So here is our dilemma:

Imagine you are approached and told you have been chosen for the new earth. A group has been monitoring your social interactions and decided that you meet the criteria of the evolved human.

You are informed that following a distinct and recognisable signal, four fifths of the population of the earth will be wiped out, but you will be fine because you will be given some pills to take that will ensure your survival. You will be allowed to bring your partner and offspring into the new earth with you.

take the pills

don't take the pills

I would question whether the pills given me were to ensure my survival or fate along with 4/5ths of the population. Any entity or group who deems themselves worthy of determining who gets to live and die is neither worthy or worth sharing the planet with. Sadly though, we are all so willing to accept these types of decisions from our "leaders" on a daily basis.

Rantaak
4th January 2012, 06:59
So here is our dilemma:

take the pills

don't take the pills

Of course I would take them! To hell with 4/5 of people!

music
4th January 2012, 19:43
So here is our dilemma:

take the pills

don't take the pills

I would question whether the pills given me were to ensure my survival or fate along with 4/5ths of the population. Any entity or group who deems themselves worthy of determining who gets to live and die is neither worthy or worth sharing the planet with. Sadly though, we are all so willing to accept these types of decisions from our "leaders" on a daily basis.

This is pretty much the point of this exercise. As said earlier, the uncertainty of whether the pills are good or bad for you creates a feedback loop of fear, so ultimately we realise we can only trust what is in our own hearts. Once in the heart, we invariably decide ceetee9's second point "who would want to share the planet with people like that."

There are interesting times ahead, and this post is an exercise in cleansing. To most successfully navigate whatever fate has in store for us, some moral and spiritual housekeeping is in order. It would appear that most reading this had a strong aversion to it, and my guess would be that the sheer unpleasantness of considering the moral dilemma is the cause.

Ideas like this are seeds - once planted, they will grow, whether you keep your eyes on them or not.

Rocky_Shorz
5th November 2012, 21:07
grabs the bottle of both pills and runs away quick and tosses them in a lake, I'd rather drink Kool Aide...

wow, sorry this took off like it did Music...

I understand what you are asking, my kids are brilliant, and if the world was 100% for sure going to end, I would like to see them saved to be a part of a future world...

but,

being one who has glanced into the future, I know we are going to be fine...

looks down at my Koolaid and smiles...

oops all I have is wine, white or Red?