PDA

View Full Version : How to Live to 101

The One
3rd January 2012, 17:34
The quest to live longer has been one of humanities oldest dreams, but while scientists have been searching, a few isolated communities have stumbled across the answer.

On the remote Japanese island of Okinawa, In the Californian town of Loma Linda and in the mountains of Sardinia people live longer than anywhere else on earth.

In these unique communities a group of scientists have dedicated their lives to trying to uncover their secrets.

Horizon takes a trip around the globe to meet the people who can show us all how to live longer, healthier lives

jessamy99
3rd January 2012, 18:35
The quest to live longer has been one of humanities oldest dreams, but while scientists have been searching, a few isolated communities have stumbled across the answer.

On the remote Japanese island of Okinawa, In the Californian town of Loma Linda and in the mountains of Sardinia people live longer than anywhere else on earth.

In these unique communities a group of scientists have dedicated their lives to trying to uncover their secrets.

Horizon takes a trip around the globe to meet the people who can show us all how to live longer, healthier lives

Dear The One,

What a fascinating video.
And what wonderful people!!

Thankyou for sharing.

With love,
Jessamy.

Amysenthia
3rd January 2012, 19:28
This is fascinating material. There was great book written about this I wish that I could remember the name, it was something like the Longevity Zones on Earth. When the research is done in all the areas it comes down to the same things.

1. Eat good food. Fresh and organic.
2. Get daily exercise. Many of these people walk miles per day.
3. Live a life with low stress. Most people are simple villagers that farm, herd sheep, fish in the ocean.( None of the people studied are working in the corporate world, talking on cell phones all day, commuting hours a day, etc.)
4. Daily spend time with love ones/friends. Relaxing around a meal, laughing, just sharing life.

Four very simple but very important parts of life that so many of us forget about doing on a daily basis. We have developed different versions of what we consider normal living and our lives reflect this.

Here the book, it is called the Blue Zones of Longevity.

3v5TJ_NqI8Q

Lisab
3rd January 2012, 19:48
My little boy's step nan ( the times of the extended families lol) has just died aged 106. She was the most amazing woman and truly inspiring. She still lived her on own and had a nurse on call. She travelled abroad well into her eighties, rode a bike too. She could beat you at Jenga. She raised thousands for her local church. I believe her secret was in never looking back. If you mentioned the war, she would brush it off and say time to forget about all that. She loved the internet. She was quite the local celebrity. I remember on her 100th birthday, during about her 4th party, someone saying I think we'd better go now as it was getting late and looking worryingly at her. Nora, as she was called, turned to the concerned party and said ' why are you tired my dear?' !