PDA

View Full Version : July 11 TOTAL solar eclipse USE IT!

shiva777
10th July 2010, 20:56
Sunday - 11 July 2010
The Total Eclipse of the Sun
The Astronomy

When a Total Solar Eclipse occurs on a NEW Moon a very special energy oftransformation occurs. On July 11 this will take place.Are you ready ? Take time for this day, and utilize its very extraordinary potentials for the positive. Keep your energy intact, and do not allow emotions to fray, and indeed the temptation to become anxious or over react will be there!

Now, aTotal Solar Eclipse on a new moon is quite rare. All solar eclipses occur when the Moon is directly between the Sun and Earth....that is, they are aligned near the ecliptic (the plane of the earth's orbit around the sun and the apparent annual path of the sun). But to have a 'Total Eclipse' on a New Moon is far less frequent....and very special.
The moon's orbit is inclined by 5 degrees to the ecliptic; the two points where they intersect are called the Moon's Nodes, identified as the ascending node (North) and the descending node (South). Eclipses occur during two periods each year when the apparent motion of the Sun meets up with the nodes. The closer the Moon is to the center of the line between the Sun and Earth, the more total the eclipse.

During a total solar eclipse, the Moon completely obscures the Sun over a relatively narrow band across the Earth's surface, its shadow racing generally eastward.

Non-total eclipses include the annular, when the Moon is farther from the Earth and appears smaller, so the Moon does not completely block the Sun but leaves a ring around the rim; and the partial, when the Moon is slightly off center, blocking only a portion of the Sun.

The fourth type of solar eclipse is the hybrid, also known as an annular/total. Just over 5% of solar eclipses fall in this category, making the hybrid eclipse something of a rarity.

The solar eclipse on July 11 is a total eclipse, which crosses the South Pacific Ocean where it makes no landfall except for Mangaia (Cook Islands), Easter Island (Isla de Pascua) and several isolated atolls. The path of totality ends just after reaching southern Chile and Argentina. The Moon's penumbral shadow produces a partial eclipse visible from a much larger region covering the South Pacific and southern South America. Easter Island will be the anchor for an incredible energy on the Solstice, and this will be transmitted to all powernodes on the planet.

The Amazing Astrology

The July 11 Total Solar Eclipse is a New Moon with an extremely tremendous impact. The Sun that gives us life and lights our path is joined briefly with the dark and mysterious qualities of the Moon. The Moon blocks the light of the Sun. In this moment of perceived darkness, spirituality and the psyche combine anew, beginning another cycle in the spiral of our personal development. Great openings and greatclosures can occur...great advancement or untoward downward spiral. It is up to YOU! This Eclipse is extremely meaningful.Don't ignore it!

The last time there was a solar eclipse at this same degree of Cancer was in 1991; the next one will be in 2029. Think back to the personal themes in your life during the summer of 1991 and review the progress of your personal growth over the last 19 years. 1991 was a year of very significant transition on the Earth.

All eclipses indicate change; solar eclipses signify beginnings and usually manifest as events in the outer world. At solar eclipses we: begin something completely new, make promises to ourselves, commit, announce, present ourselves, show up, make plans, select events, make decisions, rise to the challenge, make an effort, change, mature, take on greater challenges, travel at a faster pace, feel restless, feel pressured by deadlines and a buildup of emotions, experience a crisis and feel excited.

There are two kinds of solar eclipses. North nodal eclipses have a personal orientation and symbolize personal identity, ego and the physical body. South nodal eclipses are other-oriented and symbolize a spouse or significant other, relationships and new perspectives based on interaction with others.

This is a south nodal eclipse, suggesting that we are being called to use previously learned skills and talents in new ways and that the opportunities to do so will come through our relationships.

This solar eclipse takes place with the Sun and Moon in Cancer. The tarot card associated with the sign of Cancer is Tarot Key #7-The Chariot. The Chariot teaches us the defining quality of self thru speech; how self-talk, inner intent and outward expression must align to create our reality. Universal forces provide protection while tenacity assures victory and triumph. Ruled by the Moon, it represents the cyclic aspect of change and is associated with psychic receptivity. Confer with Spirit, with your Divine Selfand Guidance during the Solar ERclipse of July 11th, and you will have an opportunity for vast change toward the positive, if you act on the enegyof inner heart. To ignore this powerful date, is a sad step backward.

Chart of the July 11, 2010 Solar Eclipse:

The Sun and the Moon have a sextile aspect from Mars suggesting that there is an opportunity for beginning positive action in support of the principles embodied by the symbolism of the New Moon. Mercury in a closing semi-square configuration to Mars indicates that some aspect of thought or communication must occur, and Jupiter square Pluto denotes the challenge involved in transforming philosophies.

Sabian Symbol: 20 Cancer
"Venetian Gondoliers Giving a Serenade"
The symbolic degree of this particular eclipse denotes happiness as an overtone of social integration.

The heightened impact of eclipse energy can be felt by everyone as much as 3 months in advance and has subtle reverberations for as long as 3 years afterwards. Although the energies are most prominent for a week on either side of the eclipse (many feel a heightened sense of anxiety during this period), the influence on events continues. Eclipse periods are extremely active, often associated with meaningful events and public exposure.

The impact of the July 11 Eclipse will have impact lasting three years. Expect to see current themes begin to develop ambitiously on their own at the end of next April, 2011. A full understanding of the impact of this period will take until the end of 2011 to unfold. But it will be great and potent!

USE THIS DAY TO MEDITATE AND MANIFEST...OR NOT ! July 11th is a Rare Opportunity for the Wise

The 9th and 10th Will be Very Tense , Very Heavy...Keep Your Cool!
www.Earth-Keeper.com

Coming Home to Your Life ~ The Solar Eclipse of July 11, 2010
By : Elizabeth Jones

In this article, I have chosen to write about the Solar Eclipse on July 11th from a personal-spiritual perspective. Please know that there are other vantages from which to view its influence and numerous ways this event will be impacting us globally, economically and politically to name a few. It may also trigger intense weather, hurricanes, earthquakes or other such events. The impacts of the Eclipse will be felt for 30-90 days

The Solar Eclipse on July 11th is occurring in Cancer at 12:41 pm,

which rules home, among other things. And while it rules our physical home, the place where we live, in a Universal sense it also rules the intended home for our own higher consciousness. This higher part of each of us has a very specific agenda in this regard and that is to descend into its home in the physical realm, specifically in our body. I feel this Solar Eclipse will create openings for this occur.
Dane Rudhyar, considered by many to be one of the greatest astrologers of the last century, says the sign of Cancer is where "the abstract word is made flesh...the fulfillment of Spirit that must embody in earth-substance". And that "until the 'I Am' urge of our true spiritual self asserts itself into form (i.e. the body) living is only dreaming."

As I read this, and consider its meaning, I could feel my own higher Self quicken within me as the desire to give this Self a home in my own body seemed to become more real. I saw anew that the fulfillment of Life is the decent of Spirit into Matter. And for each of us this manifests as our Soul presence residing, and finding its home, in our body

Yet another thought:
In order for us to fulfill our purpose, of which a part may well be to assist the Earth in Her own healing, must we first begin the process of healing our own separation from our Soul? What could be more healing, and empowering, than that of welcoming our own Soul into our bodies, and thus into our lives?

Could it be that as we each do this to greater and greater degrees (as I am quite certain it happens in increments) that the Earth will also heal and become whole? It is said that we are One...could we all be a part of her destiny and perhaps even Soul? And that as we each tend to our own Soul-Self becoming at home in our body, thus becoming more whole, that the Earth will as well?

These are big concepts, I know. Maybe even a little wild. Yet these are the thoughts I find myself thinking as we enter the energies of this Solar Eclipse~New Moon in Cancer.Perhaps they trigger something deep within you?

. . . . .

The Path of the Eclipse

Eclipse Path of July, 2010

A solar eclipse has a narrow path as it moves across the Earth, and astrologers feel that where that path is has significance of its own. (The path is created by the moon's shadow as it races across the Earth, an inspiring image to behold itself.)

Easter Island at Sunset

This eclipse crosses directly over Easter Island. The chances of this are truly astronomical! And while the scope of this article is not to delve into the possible meaning of this, I can't help but revel in the fact that secrets these ancient standing stones hold may be activated in the collective psyche in some way. Perhaps they hold keys to our own origin and even destiny?

The Influence of the Lunar Nodes
All eclipses are aligned with either the North or the South node. The North Node is considered to be where we are heading and the South Node where we have come from. This Eclipse is aligned with, or conjunct, the South Node, representing the past in some way. This suggests that indeed it could be bringing to our awareness, out of our deep memory (Cancer does rule our memories), our ancient past and original purpose.

So is this Eclipse an opening to us consciously remembering our true purpose for being alive at this time? Could it be a call from our ancient past to our present to wake up and remember who we are? Will there be openings during this time allowing greater unification with our Higher Self?

"There are billions of Souls wanting to incarnate at this time.
Your being alive during the next several decades is such a precious gift."
~Told to me by my Grandfather in the early 1970's

The essence of what I am saying is this...
That the energies of this Solar Eclipse and the other Cardinal influences occurring now are designed to activate our ancient memories so that we can see and know that our true destiny is to be here now, in our bodies, on the Earth at this powerful time of accelerated planetary and Soul evolution.

This activation will decrease our egoic resistance, which will assist us to align our lower will with our higher will, plus bring us the insights needed to move our life in this direction.

. . . . . .

The Great Work to be done on our planet at this time is daunting
if we are not aware of and able to utilize the power and resources our Soul brings us.
We are not doing this alone...to do so is exhausting indeed.

What a privilege to be here, incarnated, at this time. The words of my Grandfather have more meaning to me now than ever. To open to this energy, start by simply being in the awe at the wonder of it all.

On July 11, 1991 there was a solar eclipse in Cancer whose path went directly over the big island of Hawaii and I was fortunate enough to be there. Ever since, I have been an absolute Eclips-oholic. It was an experience I put in the top five most amazing of my life. During the eclipse of last July, I wrote: Solar & Lunar Eclipses ~ Mayhem or Magic?

Here is an except, as the information applies now as well:

How do Eclipses affect us?

There are two Solar Eclipses each year and this one is quite potent for sure. Will there be some calamity whereby the World will hover on the edge of disaster as a direct result of this Eclipse? I'm going to say, No. Is it significant from an Astrological point of view. Yes, quite so. Before we go there, let's look a bit closer at just what a Solar Eclipse is.

During a Solar Eclipse, the Moon comes between the Earth and the Sun, blocking out the Sun itself, which amazingly reveals the Sun's corona, as in the photo above.
Have you ever considered why this most remarkable of natural events even happens? Let's start with the fact that there are two discs, in our sky, the Sun and the Moon, that appear to be of about equal size. Yet we know they are not of equal size, so what's really going on here?

The Magic of 400
Why Solar Eclipses even occur: The Sun is 400 times further from the Earth than the Moon, AND the Moon is 400 times smaller than the Sun. Hence, they appear to be the same size to us as we gaze upon them in the sky. And so on these bi-annual events called Solar Eclipses, when, during a new moon, the Moon crosses in front of the Sun, it is able to block out the Sun, revealing it's corona. All this because of the 400-400 phenomena. What are the chances? In fact, the Moon is actually falling out of orbit with the Earth (this will take millions of years) and as it does, solar eclipses are becoming of increasingly less duration.

How may the Eclipse influence you?
When the Moon eclipses and blocks out the Sun, our emotions can seem stronger or more active than our higher-functioning self, and that part of us is diminished to some degree, we can feel a little crazy or off center, which can generate feelings of fear and instability. (This is true of both solar and lunar eclipses, but especially true of Lunar when the moon's shadow races across our planet. Again, more on the upcoming lunar eclipse in a couple weeks.)

During this time, it is true that you may feel off and more emotional and sensitive than usual. And this influence is certainly not confined to just the day of the eclipse, and is strongest the two weeks before and after. But why do we feel this way? Because the "normal" balance of our emotional nature (the Moon) and our higher self (the Sun) is thrown off. We are used to them being in a certain relationship to each other, which is most likely "out of alignment", but normal to us nonetheless. We usually walk around with our lower (ego) and higher selves (Soul) not in a state of mutual awareness, or alignment (read part one of this article). And so, during solar eclipses, when they are more aligned than at other times, we feel odd, off, different than usual. Things are more intense and even surreal. But, is this a bad thing? No. Not at all. The trick is to make a conscious effort to adjust to this increased sense of Self as well as our personal Universe.

The Solar Eclipse path will go directly over Easter Island

How to align with these potent energies
If you look at the images of a solar eclipse, such as those on this page, you will notice that the corona is clearly visible, which of course it usually is not. This is, to me, beautiful beyond anything I have ever seen. What is that amazing glow around the Sun? Can you imagine that the Light around the Sun is a representation of the Light around you. As you tune into this Light, you can actually activate or charge your auric field, which can be energizing and bring you clarity, insights and guidance.

. . . . .

Other significant aspects of this eclipse chart

~There are three prominent quincunxes occurring at the time of the Eclipse.
These aspects can either hide things from our view or reveal what is hidden. Here are some keys to working with this so that you won't be caught off guard:

•Look in unusual places for answers. Ask different questions than usual, and perhaps of people you don't usually seek help from.
•Do not assume that you know your weakest link, or what is in you own "blind spot". Turn to see it directly. Ask for whatever it is to be revealed to you with clarity.
•When seeking out answers or guidance, be open and willing to find something different than what you thought it would be.
~Jupiter is squaring Pluto.
While I will be writing more about this later this month, it is worth making mention of this event here. Jupiter in Aries is a call to expand our life force in some way. Perhaps you could say it is an activator for our own essence to grow and become stronger. Pluto in Capricorn may try to contain that in some old form that you have outgrown. This combo suggests that as you seek to expand into a higher level of consciousness, you must go through layers of old patterns, or even wounds, in order to do this. Some keys do this not being quite so uncomfortable, and actually a productive process, are:

Realize that this expanded state of consciousness is your True Self, and that as it expands into your awareness some false aspect of your identity will likely resist, fighting for its very life. Lots here, I know (I can feel it as I write!). Trust your True Self to lead you through this process.

Uranus, the Great Awakener, is nearby to keep you from getting too bogged down or stuck. Keep asking to Awaken in whatever ways you are ready to do so!

~Saturn is still at the last degree of Virgo. (Read more about this influence here.)
The fact that it is here during this eclipse strongly suggests to me that an old cycle is ending and that a new one is at hand. Here's the good news about this: You really are ready to complete the old pattern or you wouldn't be here, doing what you are doing, trying to awaken to your Soul (or reading this article!). Saturn means it when it says "You're done now", "it's over", "end of this phase", "time to move on". If you have been feeling that you are at the end of something, that you are done with a particular pattern, belief or situation in your life, I say believe it!

I offer several "keys" in my post "Saturn's Swan Song" to better understand the impact and meaning of Saturn being here. Perhaps it would help to re-read it to see how you can facilitate the endings that are ready to take place in your life at this time.

The Bottom Line
This Eclipse marks a turning point from an old way of living to a new one. It is an invitation to take up the task of Living in greater alignment and with an expanded awareness of your Prime Directive~for your body to be the home of your Soul.

To live our true purpose, our true Soul work, we must be in our bodies. We must descend into our "earth home". For then, we have the true power and wisdom of our own higher self to more directly influence our life. Read more about this inPart One of this 2-part article on this Solar Eclipse.

Cancer is the sign that rules the qualities and acts of nurturing. And there is no more important act than nurturing yourself, tending to your own being, so that your Soul can feel at home on Earth. This, in turn, will give you the power to create the life you were meant to have and to fulfill your true purpose at this most important time on Earth.

Blessings and Light to you during this most amazing time,

~Elizabeth

. . . . .

© 2010 by Elizabeth Jones. All rights reserved.
Feel free to forward or link this article, but please do so without change or alteration, and giving credit to © www.astrologyoflight.com & Elizabeth Jones

Moemers
10th July 2010, 21:29
We should have a group meditation for this, like the Nexus one.

Lost Soul
11th July 2010, 00:14
Thanks. I'll have to meditate on it.

Arpheus
11th July 2010, 00:52
At what time exactly this is going to happen tomorrow during the day on the east coast?I am in the boston area and would love to go out find a nice place where it will be visible and to some awesome meditation outdoors.Tomorrow will be a great day indeed for all of us,lets get the best out of this folks!

Snowbird
11th July 2010, 02:19
At what time exactly this is going to happen tomorrow during the day on the east coast?I am in the boston area and would love to go out find a nice place where it will be visible and to some awesome meditation outdoors.Tomorrow will be a great day indeed for all of us,lets get the best out of this folks!

Arpheus, I've included some sites below that will help you figure out the times that you are interested in.

Included at the first link is a great map showing exactly where, when and how the Eclipse will travel.

Total Solar Eclipse To Occur on July 11, 2010

Greatest Eclipse Occurrence

Greatest eclipse occurs in the South Pacific at 19:33:31 UT. At this instant, the axis of the moon's shadow passes closest to earth's center. The maximum duration of totality is five minutes and 20 seconds at the point of greatest eclipse. The sun's altitude is 47 degrees and the path width is 259 kilometers (about 161 miles). The greatest eclipse occurs away from land – about halfway between New Zealand and South America.

Continuing across the Pacific, the umbral shadow’s path meets Easter Island, an overseas territory of Chile. Easter Island is located about 3600km west of Chile's mainland port of Caldera. From the capital, Hanga Roa, totality lasts four minutes and 41 seconds, with the sun being 40 degrees above the horizon at 20:11 UT. This moment provides a photo opportunity for eclipse chasers, who will have the chance to capture the island’s famous stone statues in front of a solar eclipse.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar-eclipse-july-11-2010.html

How do I translate Universal Time into my time?

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/universal-time

Arpheus
11th July 2010, 04:16
Tks a lot snowbird,i was looking up prior to your post and got 3 different times off google i am confused heh,one is at 215 pm then 340 pm then 410 ,so i suppose safe to assume anywhere between 2 and 4:10 on east coast times heh,i will be outdoors on the lookout anyway.
Much love to all :humble:

Niobe
11th July 2010, 04:49
It was my understanding that the eclipse won't be visible in the Northern Hemisphere.... but maybe I heard it wrong. Anyway, thank you for all of the interesting information Shiva777. :)

Jacqui D
11th July 2010, 06:27
Thanks Shiva for this thread it has certainly made me understand why certain things have been happening for me of late, the pull of the eclipse will be strong many changes ahead, and many revealings to those looking for answers. This is an exciting time to be in.

smig
11th July 2010, 20:38
A few screen shots of todays solar eclipse.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/smig72/?saved=1

kriya
11th July 2010, 20:45
Thank you smig, we didn't get to see it in the UK, apparently we have to wait til 2090!!

Love,

Kriya

smig
11th July 2010, 21:00
I found a few live feeds from locations along its path but the easter island live feed has to be the best, what a privilege to watch.

:peace:

11th July 2010, 22:44
Thank you shiva777 :]

I have been in meditation all day and am continuing into the night. It has been a wonderfully intense eclipse. [I am in Canada so I cannot see it with physical eyes but it is felt mightily.]

Mu2143
15th July 2010, 18:37
I did not pay attention to this post in the first place, but when I experienced 2 thing one was on I think 10th of July in the night when I woke up and I feel the energy and 3 eye still open I could see still images.
And in the night of the 12 of July I finished my spiritual training (graduated) which I posted on Feb on the old forum. Then I knew where close to big things going to happen can't wait.

Mu2143
15th July 2010, 20:33
By Daily Mail Reporter
Created 1:45 PM on 11th July 2010

* Comments (86)
* Add to My Stories

Perhaps it was caused by a close encounter of the 3-D kind.

This sophisticated crop circle uses an optical illusion to give the impression of a three dimensional cube.

The creators of the 200ft wide design in a field of wheat at Clay Hill near Warminster, Wiltshire remain a mystery.

The area is known as the UFO capital of Britain after repeated sightings of unearthly objects and numerous crop circle appearances over the last few decades.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293805/Maybe-thisll-help-win-Dutch-crop-circle-followers-spotted-dancing-200ft-cube-ahead-World-Cup-final.html#ixzz0tmk3zXCC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293805/Maybe-thisll-help-win-Dutch-crop-circle-followers-spotted-dancing-200ft-cube-ahead-World-Cup-final.html