PDA

View Full Version : Is Intelligence A Way Just to Capture Food and Procreate?

VaughnB
6th January 2012, 18:34
Life - Nature - the Cosmos

So what is it that makes us unique? Or are we?

The dolphins brain is much larger than our own, they have a language that we have yet to understand. Plants and micro-organisms evolved millions years ago and have adapted to every niche in some of the most hostile environments.

Adaption as a Means to Survival
One could say that humans are presently the most adaptive species on the planet and thus have come to dominate this planet.

Does our intelligence give us an adaptive advantage?

It has been postulated that life began on Earth seeded from some life form(s) embedded in stellar planetesimals or asteroids that struck the planet otherwise known as panspermia. Combined under the ideal conditions with water, atmosphere, distance from the sun life flourished in it's countless forms we have today.

Cosmic cataclysms such as asteroid impacts, polar shifts and coronal mass ejections subjected life to either adapt or perish. And given such events have happened historically there's high likelihood of similar events occurring in the future.

How will species evolve to survive?

Shamans teach us that there exists a life force, spirit or presence in all things from the inanimate such as rocks to the etheric afterlilfe entities.

Telsa stated there's an energy, as yet untapped, that lies between atoms throughout the planet and perhaps the universe.

Is there a correlation?

If our purpose is more than just to find food and procreate, that we've a self-awareness and creative consciousness then perhaps other life forms have those same qualities. That we should come to respect and honor our inter-connectedness and dependencies.

As Chief Seattle, a great orator spoke, we are not the web of life, but a strand of it.

For all our technological wizardry, I feel we've lost sight of this. Our society has become disconnected surrounded by concrete, distracted by electronic images and sounds and thereby we feel empty. In this void is where illness finds a place.

We long for a rekindling of spirit but have lost our way.

Our Purpose

Restore Balance - in each other, ourselves and our surroundings
Find your truth - listen, be mindful and be still
Act - courage is sometimes not to follow the crowd, to lead by example.

I must admit I'm far from perfecting my path and am thankful for forums such as this that can help all of us become better caretakers, with greater vision to instill positive change for all life on Earth.

I welcome and encourage your thoughts, stories and insights.

Omni connexae!
6th January 2012, 20:14
Hello Vaughn,

I often find myself pondering what our place in the grand scheme of things really is. I'm more than happy to chime in with my own random thoughts and feelings here.

So what is it that makes us unique? Or are we?

I think we are unique, like everything we perceive in the universe is unique in it's own way. If we are to be strictly empirical, human beings are the most complex system, or expression, ever observed by us in the universe so far. This is due to the extremely rare conditions that lead to the way our brains have evolved. They're not the biggest, but they are the most complex.

While I see value in all existence, this alone does make me feel rather privileged to be here as a human being, it reminds me of how grateful I should feel. We might not have the 'best' senses, like the ridest range of frequencies in what our ears hear for example. But we are able to build a better understanding of the world around us based on the limited senses we do have. There are many things that make us unique, and this applies to everything in some way or another I think. I suppose it's all relative. Relative to our current understanding and in which context we see it.

We have learned now that we are not infact the center of the universe, as some belief systems once posed. But I don't think we are completely insignificant either, as some beliefs have more recently posed.

Adaption as a Means to Survival
One could say that humans are presently the most adaptive species on the planet and thus have come to dominate this planet.

Does our intelligence give us an adaptive advantage?

I think it does give us an adaptive advantage. But imo one of the beautiful things about the theory of evolution is that not everything about us has to be about survival. Intelligence certainly helps with that, but it has many other uses too. The same tools we have evolved to adapt and survive in our environment, has had the side effect of also allowing us to understand art, poetry, beauty and such. The same tool that allowed us to communicate and work together better, has also allowed us to sing songs that can touch the heart... and so on.

How will species evolve to survive?
Shamans teach us that there exists a life force, spirit or presence in all things from the inanimate such as rocks to the etheric afterlilfe entities.

Telsa stated there's an energy, as yet untapped, that lies between atoms throughout the planet and perhaps the universe.

While seeing ourselves as separate from the world does have it uses, I do think it's important to remember we are an expression of the universe, literally part of the universe. Seeing it this way also serves a great moral backbone! I personally strive for a balance, I can look at everything separately and appreciate the vast diversity, and after that acknowledge how it's all connected in some way or another.

I would say I'm rather rational, atleast in what I choose to believe. But there is that part of me I cannot deny, the intuition. That part of me that just knows there must be purpose in the universe. I couldn't begin to prove it, nor would I try, but I do sense that there is some form of intention beyond what we deem life in the universe. That 'something bigger' then us. Even evolution seems to have it's own form of intention to me, albeit in an arbitary sense.

As for what's around the corner? Who knows =)

VaughnB
6th January 2012, 20:35
Hi OC,
So if we are that higher being, intelligent, insightful and perhaps even a light being what happens to all the rest of the species? I wonder if the cetaceans are leaving us already and have given up on us.

Patricia Cori in the video below, mentions this about the cetaceans. That we're on tract as of this moment, our entire solar system via our Sun for the transition to the 4th and finally into the 5th dimension.

I'm putting her information out here just for discussion of WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP BEYOND?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A9rKuGJTiZ4#!