PDA

View Full Version : Have a RANT, Go For It!

CeltMan
7th January 2012, 14:05
We all of us have things in our lives which really irritate us.
Its part of the ‘fun of the Human Condition’!...lol
Now, I make no claims to by psychic,….But, I have noticed a lot of angst around of late, and here on this forum is no exception.

From my own experience, having a ‘Good Rant’ really helps release that pent up frustration!
On Brit TV , we have a seasoned actor called Victor Meldrew. One of his favourite expressions, (where he plays a ‘grumpy old man’)-which has become a catch phrase for having a rant is: “I Just DON’T BELIEEEVE IT!!”

As they say: “A problem shared is a problem solved”
I guarantee that by giving vent to your frustrations here, they will seem less dramatic/important in your life.

No probs, - if you feel inclined to post a rant each day, it is appreciated that some people have more on their plate-to rant about than others.

Some might even be surprised at how many others relate to their personal experiences.
Obviously we have to observe the forum rules here, so no personally insulting fellow members etc, ‘no names no pack drill’…lol

Speaking of which, perhaps even the Mods here would wish to contribute?...lol
Perhaps some of the many readers here (the majority) may even be persuaded to join the forum, if just to have a ‘Good old Rant’!!

Here are a collection of suggested topics for inclusion, just to give some inspiration.
I am sure there are many more topics which I have not thought of.
If any of you think of others, just post them, & I will add to the list below.
What have you got to lose, have a go.
Nothing quite like 'Howling at The Moon'!!

Enjoy!!
:heh:
----------------------------------------------------------------

Government
Vegies
Politicians
Ignorant People
The Prime Minister
Genetically Modified Crops
‘Your Beloved President’
Chemtrails
T.P.T.W.
‘The Youth of Today’
The Recession
Bad drivers
Inflation
The ‘Cost of Living’
The ‘In Laws’
‘Doom & Gloom Predictions’
Your Relatives
Computers
Spouse
Technology
Kids
Cost of Petrol
Parents
Utility Costs
Old people
Utility Service
Young people
Call Centres
Bad Tradesmen
National Health Service
The Weather
End Times
Drunken Louts
Noisy Neighbours
Dustbin men-(who leave your bins in middle of pavement)
Health
T.V. Programmes
Diets
Advertisements
Weight Loss/gain
The Daily News
Road Signs
Road Works
‘Toy Dogs’-dressed up
Tree Huggers
‘Get Rich Quick Schemes’
Emails from ‘Nigerian Princesses’
Scammers
Cold Callers on Phone
Con men/women
Cold Callers at front Door
Jehovah’s Witnesses
Clock’s going back & forwards
Catch Phrases
Use/abuse of Mobile Phones-on trains etc
Trains
Cost of Public Transport
Caravans,- holding up traffic!

=======================================================

CD7
7th January 2012, 14:16
Okey Dokey...my rant--- The eons of time enveloped in Humanities SUPPRESSION AND SUFFERING--STOPS NOW iTS wielding, its winding, it shall be done :)

CeltMan
7th January 2012, 14:20
Here is my 'rant of the day'... why is it, that the dustbin men ALWAYS leave the dustbin,...in MIddle of the pavement...so that people coming past trip over it? (Especially old folk, + mothers with pushchairs)

Ineffable Hitchhiker
7th January 2012, 14:36
Hi there, I am not that good with words when it comes to rants.
For me, "a picture paints a thousand words".
Here are my rants...

http://i43.tinypic.com/1yv1pw.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2qu3okx.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/al1yti.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/107w6me.jpg

baddbob
7th January 2012, 18:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eD_ybaXhXno

boja
7th January 2012, 18:30
I don't normally make New Year resolutions, but this year is an exception :-

TO PAY NO HEED TO ANY PREDICTIONS UNTIL 1st JANUARY 2013.

(Notice how thick and fast they're coming already ! ).

Tony
7th January 2012, 18:39
Well, I can't really complain about the above....they are just to normal things in life.
Then there are all those above in the pyramid....and they are just mindless wonders.

I suppose there is the fool at the top of the pyramid... But he or she must be totally out of their mind!

Then there these demonic impure entities riding round the universe causing trouble....but they are just doing their thing.

I problem as I see it is....me! I'm sitting here talking about all these things that have no reality.

'I am' the problem.......for being a smart arse!

another bob
7th January 2012, 18:46
Well, I can't really complain about the above....they are just to normal things in life.
Then there are all those above in the pyramid....and they are just mindless wonders.

I suppose there is the fool at the top of the pyramid... But he or she must be totally out of their mind!

Then there these demonic impure entities riding round the universe causing trouble....but they are just doing their thing.

I problem as I see it is....me! I'm sitting here talking about all these things that have no reality.

'I am' the problem.......for being a smart arse!

There's a story about a woman Zen master named Sono who taught one very simple method of enlightenment. She advised everyone who came to her to adopt an affirmation to be said many times a day, under all conditions. The affirmation was: "Thank you for everything. I have no complaint whatsoever."

Many people from all arenas of life came to Sono for healing. Some were in physical pain; other were emotionally distraught; others had financial troubles; some were seeking soul liberation. No matter what their distress or what question they asked her, her response was the same: "Thank you for everything. I have no complaint whatsoever." Some people went away disappointed; others grew angry; others tried to argue with her. Yet some people took her suggestion to heart and began to practice it. Tradition tells that everyone who practiced Sono's mantra found peace and healing.

:yo:

Limor Wolf
7th January 2012, 19:54
When cars are rushing on the street,a red hair cat is lying in the middle of the busy paved road right after being run down,all one can see is its hands and legs moving wildly in every direction in tremendous agony,the cars keep moving,the bus I am riding is first trying to steer the wheel,but when its to much of an inconvenience its simply running down the poor animal again,finishing the job (?),a woman on the bus,sitting by the window and seeing it all happening,tears running down her cheek,but than she started appologising for being "too emotional",everyone else completely indifferent..me -I am saying to her she is the normal one,the others forgot how it is to feel.. I am getting down at the bus stop,knocking on the drivers window,he opens the door-smiling,I am asking if he left his conscience at home today?!.. 'nothing I could do..' he justifie.. No ,aha?

At those kind of moments I feel that we are certainly living and breathing beings,but are we human? are we deserved to be called human beings?! Thanks for hearing my rant.

CeltMan
7th January 2012, 23:06
People who make 'snap judgements' on others. (We have all done it at one time or another):
he/she's too fat; not dressed correctly; not eloquent enough; totally wrong; ugly; too old; ignorant; etc

And here (IMHO) is a perfect example of how pre-judging someone, can come unstuck...Big Time!..just look at the faces of the judges when they heard Susan Boyle sing! (On 'Britains got Talent')

RxPZh4AnWyk

baddbob
7th January 2012, 23:30
People who make 'snap judgements' on others. (We have all done it at one time or another):
he/she's too fat; not dressed correctly; not eloquent enough; totally wrong; ugly; too old; ignorant; etc

And here (IMHO) is a perfect example of how pre-judging someone, can come unstuck...Big Time!..just look at the faces of the judges when they heard Susan Boyle sing! (On 'Britains got Talent')

RxPZh4AnWyk

Wow thats so inspiring it doesnt matter how many times i see it I still get the same feeling

childs hood end
7th January 2012, 23:41
shure **** it` might as well make a joke outa mine,,

how did the priest find the little boy in the long grass ?

CeltMan
7th January 2012, 23:43
BadBob, Amen to that my friend!!

Still gives me tingles down my spine when I hear her sing that song!
As they say-'God works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform'.

I was reminded earlier when seeing it on TV-'best bits/most unexpected performers over past few years of B.G.T'

crested-duck
7th January 2012, 23:50
No good deed goes unpunished !

Referee
7th January 2012, 23:54
Okey Dokey...my rant--- The eons of time enveloped in Humanities SUPPRESSION AND SUFFERING--STOPS NOW iTS wielding, its winding, it shall be done :)

Thanks and welcome to Avalon!

gripreaper
8th January 2012, 00:00
A Day in the life:

I get up to the sound of an alarm screaming at me, grab my genetically modified coffee and my gluten filled roll and head out the door. I get into my gas guzzler pickup, which I need for work, and think about the 120 bucks it costs me nowadays to fill it up. I get into traffic with thousands of other people, who are doing the same thing, chasing after Federal Reserve Notes, which are not legal tender, so that they can turn right around and give them back to the Federal Reserve after they extract as much out of us as they can get for debt payments in a debt based system. While stopped on the freeway, creeping along about five miles an hour, I can smell the smog. I look up and sure enough, they're spraying chemtrails again today. I get to work, and the boss is pissed because the customers are pissed because the economy sucks and our competitors are undercutting us again. I'm thinking, I'm making the same as I was in 1985, I'm working twice as hard for one third as much and it costs me triple what it did back then. My credit cards are maxed out and I can't pay them, and I just got my "Notice of Foreclosure" on the home I've been paying on for ten years. The bank wants the bail out, the insurance, the original promissory note which is cash I GAVE THEM, and all of it's leverage, all of the interest and principal, all of the money from securitization AND NOW they want the house too. They get it all and I get nothing. They have no risk and I'm risking everything. The taxpayers get to pick up the tab, inflation runs rampant, taxes go up. I go home at night and turn on the lights which are tied to a centralized grid, controlled by the bankers, and think about the microwave signals coming from the smart meter they just put on my house without asking. I grab a glass of fluoridated water from the centralized water system, and slop down some irradiated vegetables, some hormone fed meats, and a glass of bovine hormone milk, and sit down at my computer and log into Avalon Forum.

At least I'm waking up, I say.

Lazlo
8th January 2012, 00:13
I want to scream every time I see people blubbering over an OP in a thread without taking the 5 seconds to slow down and use some discernment.

PROOF of this or that...when the first picture, sentence, or paragraph contains an egregious fallacy that common sense would point out. 25 posts after someone has pointed out the glaring problem, there are still posters ignoring this and expressing their innermost feelings that they just felt that this was true because of the way it resonated.....

There all done, and I do feel better now :p

CeltMan
8th January 2012, 00:24
Gripreaper,

Think that's bad,..Luxury!

"Times was hard when we was lads"...lol

"We worked a 26 hour day, paid mill maneger to go't work, got up before we went t'bed, me dad used t' feed us broken glass, we lived in lake, under water, & our't dad used t kill us every day!!"

Xe1a1wHxTyo

Second Son
8th January 2012, 00:34
Every time I post, it's a rant!!!

But thanks for the offer... it just seems so contrived. I get stage fright when put on the spot like this ;)

Seikou-Kishi
8th January 2012, 00:37
When cars are rushing on the street,a red hair cat is lying in the middle of the busy paved road right after being run down,all one can see is its hands and legs moving wildly in every direction in tremendous agony,the cars keep moving,the bus I am riding is first trying to steer the wheel,but when its to much of an inconvenience its simply running down the poor animal again,finishing the job (?),a woman on the bus,sitting by the window and seeing it all happening,tears running down her cheek,but than she started appologising for being "too emotional",everyone else completely indifferent..me -I am saying to her she is the normal one,the others forgot how it is to feel.. I am getting down at the bus stop,knocking on the drivers window,he opens the door-smiling,I am asking if he left his conscience at home today?!.. 'nothing I could do..' he justifie.. No ,aha?

At those kind of moments I feel that we are certainly living and breathing beings,but are we human? are we deserved to be called human beings?! Thanks for hearing my rant.

Did you know if you're taking your driving test in the UK and an animal comes out into the road, you automatically fail for trying to avoid it? It's sick

Second Son
8th January 2012, 02:42
In Arkansas, you get extra points on your driving test if you run the little furry bugger over and grill it with beer batter... totally true, look it up.

Sidney
8th January 2012, 04:08
My rant is every time a trashy person drives through my "quiet neighborhood" without a muffler. Drive in around and then drive out soley for the purpose of waking everyone up. Trash

ghostrider
8th January 2012, 04:30
the price of everything goes up every year, yet ... my wages stay the same. fast forward what is the result ??? Harvard / yale educated politicians can't understand as long as the people have no money left over, go ahead talk, and build cars, houses, boats, make shoes, clothes, food, jewelery, workout equiptment, ect. No one can afford to buy things. the ptb say ehummm... why isn't the economy moving ???? my rant , educated stupid people with degrees, that think the bigger their bank account , the more important their words are. feeding the ego is more important than feeding the world.... those type of people make me wish I could vacation to neptune permanently.....

DNA
8th January 2012, 04:41
Okay,,,,I have one.

Why the hell does everyone feel the need to post a thread saying they are going to leave the forum when they are ready to leave?
I don't get it. Can anyone say "drama queen".
If your going to unsubscribe and leave,,,than just freaking leave.
And why do folks feel the need to unsubscribe anyway? Why not just take a break from the forum and not post for a while? Take a week vacation or a two month vacation or a year vacation,,,why the hell do you need to unsubscribe?

And I love how folks just say things like "oh it's time for me to move on" and I have enjoyed my time here but this or that. It ain't a freaking relationship, it isn't a live in spouse, there is no freaking lawyers involved. There is no custody battle, this isn't Kramer Vs Kramer.

And oh the sentiment,,,,people just clamor and coo and beg said person to stay "oh don't go so and so, things won't be the same without you so and so" bull crap, things will be just fine without them.

For once I would like to see no one post anything the next time some one opens a drama queen good bye thread. Just nothing. Crickets chirping.
Okay,,,that was my rant, I'm done. Thanks.
:)

Libico
8th January 2012, 06:28
My rant is every time a trashy person drives through my "quiet neighborhood" without a muffler. Drive in around and then drive out soley for the purpose of waking everyone up. Trash

I'll second that - just about every night after we manage to put the baby to sleep some inconsiderate drivers decide that 22:00 is a perfectly appropriate time to wail on their horn for 10 second bursts right outside our window.

Or even better - every Monday evening the same people have a private karaoke party in an apartment in our neighborhood and not only blast everything at full volume with the windows open (so literally a 1km radius can hear them loudly), but they absolutely BUTCHER every single song they sing. What ever happened to a little consideration? :)

Referee
8th January 2012, 10:17
My Rant is cats who think they own the house. :p

CeltMan
8th January 2012, 18:10

Mine, is Cats that they think they own my garden , and come cr*p on my vegetable patch!

ViralSpiral
8th January 2012, 18:31
I refuse!

http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/tantrum-smiley.gif?1292867686

There. I feel better :)

Thank you

Billy
8th January 2012, 18:56
I am far too happy :bounce: :whoo:

That was the only rant that came to mind :noidea:

Ivanhoe
8th January 2012, 19:29
Why can't we all just play well together? LOL

Alekahn
8th January 2012, 21:00
Not my rant...but, a classic one. And certainly one that I have felt.
h3gqoD12yCo

Sidney
9th January 2012, 21:00

Mine, is Cats that they think they own my garden , and come cr*p on my vegetable patch!

My cats DO own the house, but the worst is when they mistake my plants for the litter box. Argggg (doesnt happen often though). Oh and the little holes in my leather sofa. Grrr
I love my feline friends though. Unconditionally

David Trd1
9th January 2012, 21:41
Life is beautiful,however you behold it.

A symphony of energy and love.

We dream in the mind of ourselves.

We drop down to reclimb the stairs above.

[sorry i think that turned into a verse]:o

Mike
9th January 2012, 22:19
Okay,,,,I have one.

Why the hell does everyone feel the need to post a thread saying they are going to leave the forum when they are ready to leave?
I don't get it. Can anyone say "drama queen".
If your going to unsubscribe and leave,,,than just freaking leave.
And why do folks feel the need to unsubscribe anyway? Why not just take a break from the forum and not post for a while? Take a week vacation or a two month vacation or a year vacation,,,why the hell do you need to unsubscribe?

And I love how folks just say things like "oh it's time for me to move on" and I have enjoyed my time here but this or that. It ain't a freaking relationship, it isn't a live in spouse, there is no freaking lawyers involved. There is no custody battle, this isn't Kramer Vs Kramer.

And oh the sentiment,,,,people just clamor and coo and beg said person to stay "oh don't go so and so, things won't be the same without you so and so" bull crap, things will be just fine without them.

For once I would like to see no one post anything the next time some one opens a drama queen good bye thread. Just nothing. Crickets chirping.
Okay,,,that was my rant, I'm done. Thanks.

Indeed.

i'd also like to add:

-people who think they are doing a favor for you by holding a door open for you at a bank or wherever, but due to the distance between you and the door, you're actually forced to jog your way to it in order to avoid an awkward waiting period.

-conversely, idiots who walk right thru a door you've graciously held open for them without saying 'thank you'

-being docked $25 bucks from the bank when i've overdrawn my checking acct by .35 cents

-people who cut you off in traffic and then YELL AT YOU (i was waiting to make a left turn onto a busy road when a woman took an aggressive swerving right into the parking lot i was in, missing me by inches - literally. i looked up in horror as this was happening, just in time to catch her giving me the finger??? i was so confused)

-moderators constantly putting Ron Paul on the defensive before asking him questions.

-presidential candidates discussing everything but the most important thing: the Federal Reserve.

-presidential candidates saying gays shouldn't be able to marry, but should be able to form legal unions to allow for such wonderful benefits as "visiting loved ones in a hospital". can someone please tell me what the f#ck that means? i've worked in hospitals, and anyone, be it family, friend, pet...whotever!...can visit whoever they want almost whenever they want. no legal union necessary. speaking of which -this gave me a good laugh -when asked about the gay marriage issue, mitt romney said "i in no way, shape or form discriminate against gays"...and then he followed this up immediately with: "gay people should not be allowed to legally marry." what the f#ck???

-Billy Fucillo commercials. hate 'em. (everybody on the east coast of the states knows exactly what i'm talking about)

ulli
9th January 2012, 22:51
My rant is people who don't seem to understand that cats DO own all the houses and gardens....
humans are just renters (ranters)

WhiteFeather
9th January 2012, 22:55
Its a small rant, but a well rant worth, for humanity. Be Love ~W.f.~

http://images.baeble-music.com/albumreviews/12-7-2009/free_energy-592.jpg

Satkirn
9th January 2012, 22:57
ahhhh I hate how they teach me stuff in my college classes which is totall bull**** written up that way by the people in power to keep us blinded, I hate how they have taken over educational system and I hate even more that I have to learn this bull**** cuz I want an A!!!! ahhh Ive wanted to say that for a while to someone whod understand what I mean...most of my classmates really dont get it. Kinda lonely sometimes.

solosthere
13th January 2012, 02:11
try planting a cat garden!!! An area where do not mind if they make a mess. I do this for my cats and included catnip ( of course ) and then some leafy vegs and cat grass they can eat. It keeps them, and the cats next door, out of the main perenial beds. Give it a try what do u have to lose?

Bongo
13th January 2012, 02:39
I am far too happy :bounce: :whoo:

That was the only rant that came to mind :noidea:

Snap

there must be something in the water... lol

solosthere
13th January 2012, 13:20
My rant is onne to the system. When are people going to realize that system simple CAN NOT work with this many people in the world. The system CAN NOT work if 1% has 99% of the money. It become worthless to those who dont have it. I have at this point stopped using money alot of the time and changed to fair trade. I can not understand the system of money anyway. I mean lets be real why should a person who plays a game for a living make more than a doctor or for that matter the person who makes the stadium. If they didnt have a stadium wherewould they play and how can a person who makes nothing, helps no one, and sells nothing make the most money. Who am I talking about........ traders!!!!!!! It could all be so simple if people could let go of greed and do thier jobs because it is what needs to be done for the common good. I mean why do you need your own snowmobile or boat. Wouldnt it be just as easy to share them? How often are you going to use them? If we could share the things that we do not need on a day to day basis then those resources could be used else where.
IT MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!!! MONEY IS AN OBSOLETE CONCEPT THAT NO LONGER WORKS!!!!!!!!
------with the of the source to you------

Star1111
13th January 2012, 15:14
My rant (and I don't often) but couldn't resist........................
is.............
why do neighbours put up bouncy bloody trampolines in their garden right next to your fence so that when they jump up and down and up and down and up and down.................
they look into your garden whilst your sunbathing pretty much naked!!

WHY!!!!

Well I know why, but its ANNOYING !

I will NOT stop sunbathing naked in my garden .............................. so there!

Ahhhh, rant over, I feel much better for that thank you!

blufire
13th January 2012, 16:12
I have a feeling or predict your profile page is going to get a lot more visits and perhaps requests on just where in the UK you live . . . . . . and your neighbors are going to start charging rental on use of their trampoline . . . . ;) :laugh:

is.............
why do neighbours put up bouncy bloody trampolines in their garden right next to your fence so that when they jump up and down and up and down and up and down.................

WHY!!!!

I will NOT stop sunbathing naked in my garden .............................. so there!

CeltMan
13th January 2012, 17:20
I have a feeling or predict your profile page is going to get a lot more visits and perhaps requests on just where in the UK you live . . . . . . and your neighbors are going to start charging rental on use of their trampoline . . . . ;) :laugh:

is.............

WHY!!!!

V. Funny, sort of how I was thinking myself!...lol

Relax Star I think you are safe from blufire, as I see he lives in USA. A long way to come 'to use a trampoline'...LOL! :target:

Tony
13th January 2012, 17:26
Well, as you have brought this back, I do have a complaint.

Hairs up my nose...what are they for? I mean why do they grow so fast as one gets older. What do they know, about what my body needs. Are they special sensors?

CeltMan
13th January 2012, 18:00
Well, as you have brought this back, I do have a complaint.

Hairs up my nose...what are they for? I mean why do they grow so fast as one gets older. What do they know, about what my body needs. Are they special sensors?

Ah good question that Tony,

I suspect though, you already know the answer, they are 'B.S' detectors?!...lol

Edit: As someone suggested on another thread recently about 'nose hair'... 'let it grow long, then either/and/or..braid it, and use it as a comb over'?...lol

p.s. And the long ones that grow in our ears,...they are so that we can 'tune in' and listen to all those who are talking about us behind our backs!

ghostrider
13th January 2012, 18:40
nice to have a spot to vent, and clear the mind without directly or by accidently offending other members... our dignity and peaceful exchange of ideas/thoughts is all we have.

blufire
13th January 2012, 19:08
Your right celtman . . . . Star needs not worry about me because I am a woman!!! I just figured most red blooded males would key in on this post!!! ;)

is.............

WHY!!!!

Relax Star I think you are safe from blufire, as I see he lives in USA. A long way to come 'to use a trampoline'...LOL!

CeltMan
13th January 2012, 19:27

I'll second that - just about every night after we manage to put the baby to sleep some inconsiderate drivers decide that 22:00 is a perfectly appropriate time to wail on their horn for 10 second bursts right outside our window.

Or even better - every Monday evening the same people have a private karaoke party in an apartment in our neighborhood and not only blast everything at full volume with the windows open (so literally a 1km radius can hear them loudly), but they absolutely BUTCHER every single song they sing. What ever happened to a little consideration? :)

Star & Libico,

That reminds me of an anecdote from when I was aged about 20, not long before I left home.
I think you will apporeciate this?!!...lol

A youth club had opened about half mile from our house.

Packs of motorcyclists were using our street as a 'rat run' to get there.

One Friday night, I returned home, after a couple of hours hard Judo, and a couple of bevies with my mates.

I walked around the side of house, in back door, got a snack, and put on kettle

I went into front room to see if my parents wanted a drink

My dad met me with a rant.."What the hell are you doing here, why are you not outside helping your mother!"
( My dad, being paralysed and in great pain was given to regular rants)

I asked him what on earth he meant, to which he responded that she had gone out to confront the motorcycle gang.

Well, of course I went out to give support to my mum, er,...who wouldn't?

But the thought ocurred to me that, whereas they might not attack a woman, they might think differently about having a go at a young bloke!

Well,..there was my mum, in 'Full rant' (all 5ft 3inches of her), standing in middle of street, surounded by about 15 motorcyclists.
Who were looking a mixture of amused, and confused, and a bit angry.

When I arrived, they turned their attention to me.

I figured, that I could take on perhaps 2/3, ...but 15???!!! No way

Then the next door neighbour arrived on scene, he was aged about 25, a big strapping builder, armed with a pickaxe handle.

Then the other next door neighbour arrived, a lovely old fella with a broom!!

This gang looked at us, then rode away quietly.

Interesting that when confronted by 'solidarity' they backed down.

I also suspect they had never been 'spoken' to like that by a woman before?!..lol

nf857
13th January 2012, 19:29
I would say judgement and ridicule are by far the most annoying things ive found in my lifetime, there is a great saying dont assume anything as it makes 'an ass out of you and an ass out of me' which is why its important not to judge people full stop. Ridicule is another, just because somebody is a bit different/eccentric on the fringe, does not mean they should be laughed at for entertainment purposes. JFK speech clearly states thats why the press was protected by the 1st ammendment, so the trivial and controversial could not be used for entertainment purposes and would not be ridiculed for. x

Star1111
16th January 2012, 09:30
Your right celtman . . . . Star needs not worry about me because I am a woman!!! I just figured most red blooded males would key in on this post!!! ;)

is.............

WHY!!!!

Relax Star I think you are safe from blufire, as I see he lives in USA. A long way to come 'to use a trampoline'...LOL!

Oh Lordy! I don't want any attention (not that sort anyway) :) I'm very happy just relaxing in my garden in the sun listening to the birds tweeting.
I am discreet by the way, I don't walk up and down the garden!!
Re the trampoline, I'm hatching a plan to either have it dismantled or build a very high fence!!
NB: my neighbours are female so I'm sure they won't be interested in me............ and if they are, well good luck to 'em, but it aint gonna happen !!
LOVE to you all
Bounce, bounce, bouncey, bouncey...................

ViralSpiral
16th January 2012, 09:35

http://www.vnovember.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bouncing-elephant.gif

Star1111
16th January 2012, 11:13

http://www.vnovember.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bouncing-elephant.gif

I LOVE it Viral Spiral - Just Love it!
I laughed out loud.
Good start to the week

Star1111
16th January 2012, 11:20

Star & Libico,

That reminds me of an anecdote from when I was aged about 20, not long before I left home.
I think you will apporeciate this?!!...lol

A youth club had opened about half mile from our house.

Packs of motorcyclists were using our street as a 'rat run' to get there.

One Friday night, I returned home, after a couple of hours hard Judo, and a couple of bevies with my mates.

I walked around the side of house, in back door, got a snack, and put on kettle

I went into front room to see if my parents wanted a drink

My dad met me with a rant.."What the hell are you doing here, why are you not outside helping your mother!"
( My dad, being paralysed and in great pain was given to regular rants)

I asked him what on earth he meant, to which he responded that she had gone out to confront the motorcycle gang.

Well, of course I went out to give support to my mum, er,...who wouldn't?

But the thought ocurred to me that, whereas they might not attack a woman, they might think differently about having a go at a young bloke!

Well,..there was my mum, in 'Full rant' (all 5ft 3inches of her), standing in middle of street, surounded by about 15 motorcyclists.
Who were looking a mixture of amused, and confused, and a bit angry.

When I arrived, they turned their attention to me.

I figured, that I could take on perhaps 2/3, ...but 15???!!! No way

Then the next door neighbour arrived on scene, he was aged about 25, a big strapping builder, armed with a pickaxe handle.

Then the other next door neighbour arrived, a lovely old fella with a broom!!

This gang looked at us, then rode away quietly.

Interesting that when confronted by 'solidarity' they backed down.

I also suspect they had never been 'spoken' to like that by a woman before?!..lol

Celtman - sounds like my 'mam' she was only 5ft nothing (and a Geordie) and when she went, OH did she go!
Never cross a Geordie woman when theyre making a point!!
I love 'em.
Why ai man.