PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING - please do listen... CRICKET CHOIR

Spirithorse
7th January 2012, 17:15
Hi all

This was sent to me some time ago.
I had no idea that crickets actually sing like humans. For me this shows we are all related, more than we think.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBTOPhGLMo&feature=youtu.be

Flash
7th January 2012, 17:34
Wow, absolutely beautiful, I will never see a cricket the same way again, real artists.

And relaxing

christian
7th January 2012, 18:25
I love it :)

BestLion
7th January 2012, 18:30
God damn annoying background music..wish they'd only let the crickets sing..that background music manipulates the effect of the crickets! i say let the crickets sing without added music! i want to hear the unmolested song they sing!

Sierra
7th January 2012, 18:32
I became aware of my heart and breath when listening. And the flowers! Thank you Spirithorse. :)

Cerridwen
7th January 2012, 18:56
God damn annoying background music..wish they'd only let the crickets sing..that background music manipulates the effect of the crickets! i say let the crickets sing without added music! i want to hear the unmolested song they sing!

If you listen to the woman talking in the beginning, there is no "background music", it's just the crickets. They used two tracks of the same recording overlapped, one is played at regular speed and the other is a slowed down version.

That was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing that video.

Spirithorse
7th January 2012, 19:25

BestLion,

As Cerridwen already pointed out, there is no background music, it's the crickets' song slowed down to correspond to 'human time'. Also I wrote in the beginning of my post:
I had no idea that crickets actually sing like humans. For me this shows we are all related, more than we think. .

That wouldn't make any sense then, would it?
...and as lovely as it might be to listen to crickets accompanied by music, it's not what I would create a thread for.

onawah
7th January 2012, 20:18
Here are some more amazing songs from Nature and manmade sounds too, all from one bird!
sAwiFMKPHmY

Nathalie
7th January 2012, 21:26
I just listened to this wondering where I heard this... It's on Robbie Robertson's Music for Native Americans album. Last track called "Twisted Hair" with Bonnie Jo Hunt singing opera along with the crickets. It's quite beautiful...

MorningSong
7th January 2012, 22:00
That REALLY is sooooo amazing! I never ever could have imagined anything like that!

Thank-you soooo much! Listening to Nature will never be the same (it will be so much more consciously done!) for me!

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!

61ytg60AwOE

childs hood end
7th January 2012, 22:05
Thats Wicket,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sory i ment cricket :cool:

another bob
7th January 2012, 22:09
For me this shows we are all related, more than we think.

Yes!!

Thanks so much for sharing this!

It sharpens the recollection of one of my early unitive experiences, whose music was eerily similar to the beauty recorded here in this video. I was sitting up meditating all night one summer in the late '60s, after meeting and being instructed by my first Zen teacher a few months prior. I was out in the hill country, and at a certain magical point, all of the night sounds -- most prominent among them being the crickets -- suddenly transformed into a divine symphony, of which I realized I was an equal and inextricable part.

http://www.pbase.com/1heart/image/137195002

:yo:

DeDukshyn
7th January 2012, 22:16

There is no background music ... that is the crickets sounds in concert slowed down to a speed that emulates the crickets lifespan as human, then that track has been overlayed with the cricket sounds at regular speed -- it is all crickets, no music. Listen to and read the intro again - it is explained clearly...no music.

And it is absolutely brilliant. I used to fall asleep to the crickets every night as a kid ...

Thanks!

BestLion
7th January 2012, 22:26

If you listen to the woman talking in the beginning, there is no "background music", it's just the crickets. They used two tracks of the same recording overlapped, one is played at regular speed and the other is a slowed down version.

That was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing that video.
No there is..a humming sound..and that aint no crickets doing that..its some classical music or something. they need to cut that out and let the crickets sing. Crickets dont hum.thats added..and needs to be cut out to stop the manipulation of this

MorningSong
7th January 2012, 22:56
BestLion, YOU think that crickets don't sing or hum... the purpose of the video is to prove that they, indeed, do. (Get it, now?)

If you don't believe it, that's fine (MorningSong shrugs and shakes head back and forth with arms slightly outstreached with palms up).

Contact the people who did the original registration to complain.... we at Avalon can't do anything about it. Sorry.

NeverMind
7th January 2012, 22:58

No there is..a humming sound..and that aint no crickets doing that..its some classical music or something. they need to cut that out and let the crickets sing. Crickets dont hum.thats added..and needs to be cut out to stop the manipulation of this

That humming sound - the "choir" in the background, resembling "classical music" - those ARE the same crickets.
The original recording has been played in reverse and slowed down - so in that sense, yes, of course it is manipulated. But if we are to believe the author of this 1992 CD, nothing, no artificial sounds, have been added. What you're hearing are the crickets only.

Of course crickets do not "sing" - they rub their wings against their abdomens, if I am not mistaken (I could be), but that's a moot point.
It really is hauntingly beautiful.
Thank you, OP.

BestLion
7th January 2012, 23:03
That humming sound - the "choir" in the background, resembling "classical music" - those ARE the same crickets.
Hnmm..Im a bit skeptical on that. ive been around nature many times and heard crickets but they were never humming anything like "The Joy of Mans Desire" before.

NeverMind
7th January 2012, 23:05
Hnmm..Im a bit skeptical on that. ive been around nature many times and heard crickets but they were never humming anything like "The Joy of Mans Desire" before.

That's because in nature you do not hear their song slowed down - considerably - and played in reverse. :)

BestLion
7th January 2012, 23:08
That's because in nature you do not hear their song slowed down - considerably - and played in reverse.
slowed down fast forward can make anything music. or what one wants to hear..play some of Queens songs backwards and you get satanic songs.. whats the point..nuff of this thread

MorningSong
7th January 2012, 23:11
Dear child...do you not know that there are sooo many dimensions of our world that we stupid humans cannot percieve??? The new tecnologies nowadays are bringing us these new wonderful territories of exploration!!! And this is one of them, as are these:

_bnU6K1y468

e3fqE01YYWs

j6EMZnIyZX0

DeDukshyn
7th January 2012, 23:23
That's because in nature you do not hear their song slowed down - considerably - and played in reverse.
slowed down fast forward can make anything music. or what one wants to hear..play some of Queens songs backwards and you get satanic songs.. whats the point..nuff of this thread

If you don't like that is fine. lol. You don't have to ;)

BestLion
7th January 2012, 23:24
Dear child...do you not know that there are sooo many dimensions of our world that we stupid humans cannot percieve??? The new tecnologies nowadays are bringing us these new wonderful territories of exploration!!! And this is one of them, as are these:
I am a reader of folklore..and love to read about fairies and the 4th dimension. But this is all 3rd and enhanced via modern equipment of man. If they want to sing a song for us sing it as I say for all the ages..that mean without having to slow down FF. This crickets stuff is MANIPULATED!..means slowed down so we can hear music..its not natural to humans..the Viking of 800 AD would not hear that only through technological manipulation can we hear it...Like I said lets have some music for ALL the ages..not some music we must slow down to hear and can be manipulated. I am sure i can slow down enough music of a baby crying to hear a good melody or frogs chirping and get the same effect.

MorningSong
7th January 2012, 23:37
Do it and Post it then...I'd love to hear it.

Now, why don't you just go visit this thread http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?38178-Have-a-RANT-Go-For-It-and have a hay-day, would you?

I'm wearing my red bracelet this week and am running short on patience..... huff huff..... :yield:

BestLion
7th January 2012, 23:56
XkPdi07BhSg
heres frogs singing UN-MANIPULATED! this is how it should be..this is the beauty of nature..and if nature wishes to show us music it should be without technological manipulations this video in post #1 does. Oddly we dont hear no classical music here but only pure nature...but I am sure the producer of video #1 can surely make this also into Beethovens 9th.

8th January 2012, 00:03
for fun, while hitch-hiking through France, my friend and me would dance to the sound as if it was rave-music :cool:

pretty out of tune with the real thing i can see now :faint2:

truely amazing! and what a blessing the beings are to this planet, WOW

olgraybear
8th January 2012, 00:11
XkPdi07BhSg
heres frogs singing UN-MANIPULATED! this is how it should be..this is the beauty of nature..and if nature wishes to show us music it should be without technological manipulations this video in post #1 does. Oddly we dont hear no classical music here but only pure nature...but I am sure the producer of video #1 can surely make this also into Beethovens 9th.

Your simply missing the whole point and purpose, good luck with that

WhiteFeather
8th January 2012, 00:22
This is Fantastic OP. Nature is Truly a Symphony Isn't it. Great Thread.

Check This Out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-hso_voeI

olgraybear
8th January 2012, 00:29
This is Fantastic OP. Nature is Truly a Symphony Isn't it. Great Thread.

Check This Out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-hso_voeI

Thank you WhiteFeather, I enjoyed that

BestLion
8th January 2012, 00:37
Whitefeather, thats a neat video...first time I heard it thanks..I enjoyed...amazing!

Orph
8th January 2012, 01:20
heres frogs singing UN-MANIPULATED! this is how it should be..this is the beauty of nature..and if nature wishes to show us music it should be without technological manipulations this video in post #1 does. Who are we to judge nature as to "how it should be".? Just because we humans can't hear these sounds, it doesn't negate the reality. Sound is vibration, and this beautiful vibration is wafting through our air just as nature intended it to. So even though I can't hear these vibrations, I now know that they exist. I've always enjoyed crickets chirping, but now I bless those sounds, both heard and unheard, even more.

schneider
8th January 2012, 02:19
I did a 10 day vipassana retreat and after 10 days of silence I heard sounds, like what these crickets are making, in my head for an entire day.
Also, I remember George K. in one of his video's saying how he really enjoyed the cricket race e.t.'s. Thanks for sharing the crickets.

Newlyn
8th January 2012, 11:35
And an even more amazing with the sound of Neptune!

Space is spectacular ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdJuIfKIdJs

onawah
8th January 2012, 18:09
What I got was "Embedding disbled by request Watch on YouTube, but when I clicked on that to go to the link on youtube, there was a footage of Neptune revolving , but the sound was of a rockband playing one of their songs. Do you have another link for the actual sound of Neptune? Thanks.

Space is spectacular ..

MorningSong
8th January 2012, 18:20
maybe try this:

rwnpXll_A_E

and here's Saturn, too:

LswSW60Zd4g

and Uranus:

AxEa5KdPFRw

MorningSong
8th January 2012, 18:34
just found this...cool!

I wanted to see how far I could take the recordings of bees into the realm of music. The bee produces about 200-230 wing flaps pr. second, which is enough to generate a nice, rich sounding buzz. I recorded a bunch of bee sounds and manipulated them through a variety of tools (including timefreezers, delays, filters, glitch modules etc). I then decided to add some more human elements to it (vocals, guitars, grooves etc) and wrapped it up by adding full symphony orchestra and choirs on it during the end.

Besides the bee sounds - the majority of samples are coming from the tonehammer.com sample catalog.

Hope you enjoy it. Einstein once predicted that the human race would survive no more then 4 years after the extinction of bees due to their keystone role in the entire ecosystem.

Peace out to all the bees and bumbles.

LRragvvrZcg

onawah
8th January 2012, 18:42
That worked. Thanks!
There is a set of tuning forks that I would love to have.
A friend used to own a set and we played with them for awhile one afternoon.
Each fork is tuned to the frequency of a different planet, including our Moon and the Sun.
You can read more about them here:
http://www.sacredwaves.com/planetary_tf.htm

MorningSong
8th January 2012, 19:13
Here'a another video thay was posted some time ago, I think by Viking (?) that is just wonderful! Nature inspires a musician.... "Birds on the Wire"

One day Jarbas Agnelli was reading his newspaper when he saw a picture of birds on electric wires which immediately fascinated him.. He noticed that the positions of the birds looked like a piece of musical notation. He set about recreating the melody based on where the birds were perched.

He contacted the photographer who had taken the original picture who was also intrigued by the music. He informed his Editor and the whole idea was turned in to a story in the newspaper. Agnelli, spurred on, then created this animation with the photo, the music and the score.

There is absolutely no Photoshop involved here - the melody is created from the exact positions of the birds on the wires. It's a lovely little tune, too!

Here's a video of the author explaining the song (in Brasilian, but you can choose english subtitles) with the orchestrated result:

http://dotsub.com/view/17970206-ced4-4f19-8058-da71e900f7ae

LoM4ZZJ2UrM

NeverMind
8th January 2012, 19:57
One day Jarbas Agnelli was reading his newspaper when he saw a picture of birds on electric wires which immediately fascinated him.. He noticed that the positions of the birds looked like a piece of musical notation. He set about recreating the melody based on where the birds were perched.

:)

Wonderful.

I did the exact same thing one day in the 1990s, seeing sparrows occupying my balcony.
There were like thirty of them and they were sitting in all sorts of positions (on the decorative railing), totally resembling notes.

I think I still have the composition somewhere in my first computer.

Newlyn
8th January 2012, 22:48
What I got was "Embedding disbled by request Watch on YouTube, but when I clicked on that to go to the link on youtube, there was a footage of Neptune revolving , but the sound was of a rockband playing one of their songs. Do you have another link for the actual sound of Neptune? Thanks.

Space is spectacular ..

Did'nt get the humor, did you?

DarMar
9th January 2012, 00:21
this sound is totally manipulated, yes its beautifull but it has nothing with nature.
imo digital manipulation and compression and multitrack removed all beauty out of it.

Snowbird
9th January 2012, 01:39

Now, why don't you just go visit this thread http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?38178-Have-a-RANT-Go-For-It-and have a hay-day, would you?

I'm wearing my red bracelet this week and am running short on patience..... huff huff..... :yield:

Fortunately I am in a very happy and blissful state right now and am chuckling.

The crickets song was fabulous and I loved it!!! Would anyone like to argue with this? :cheer2:

Earth Angel
9th January 2012, 01:58

is it wrong to say you make me crazy???

conk
9th January 2012, 17:36
I just listened to this wondering where I heard this... It's on Robbie Robertson's Music for Native Americans album. Last track called "Twisted Hair" with Bonnie Jo Hunt singing opera along with the crickets. It's quite beautiful...I have that great CD. Can't wait to go home and listen to that part! Thanks, truly wonderful sounds.

Snoweagle
9th January 2012, 18:17
Hmm, was good wasn't it. All them thar crickets dang luvely corus kewl eh?

Some people will believe anything. Absolutely anything.

So how many of you are going to repeat this exercise and put up onto you tube as confirmation this indeed is what is found when the cricket sound is slowed without any audio manipulation or additions? Have any of you checked the validity of this claim? Would the inclusion of kitten pictures maybe enhance your enjoyment of the sound broadcast? Or even pictures of angels? Maybe a correlation with sacred frequencies be evident?
Where was this recorded? Who recorded it? What equipment and protocols used? Describe the frequencies before and after? What specifically does "slowing down" infer? Can you think of a question . . . ?

Sorry to be party pooper but waking up requires a little more diligence and discernment.

DeDukshyn
10th January 2012, 00:36

So how many of you are going to repeat this exercise and put up onto you tube as confirmation this indeed is what is found when the cricket sound is slowed without any audio manipulation or additions? Have any of you checked the validity of this claim? Would the inclusion of kitten pictures maybe enhance your enjoyment of the sound broadcast? Or even pictures of angels? Maybe a correlation with sacred frequencies be evident?
Where was this recorded? Who recorded it? What equipment and protocols used? Describe the frequencies before and after? What specifically does "slowing down" infer? Can you think of a question . . . ?

Sorry to be party pooper but waking up requires a little more diligence and discernment.

Trust me its not that important to analyze the **** out of something "artistic" so badly it becomes an exercise in merely being the "rightest" ego, without correlation to the enjoyment of the art itself (some people just don't "get" art which is fine - but their comments are obviously the least valuable in regards to art). You and Best Lion should form an "analysis club" -- lol just being facetious ... meant lightly ;)

Snowbird
10th January 2012, 01:33

Fortunately I am in a very happy and blissful state right now and am chuckling.

The crickets song was fabulous and I loved it!!! Would anyone like to argue with this? :cheer2:

I guess that we're not done yet. :bounce: :rant: :pound: