PDA

View Full Version : Helping others wake up

Libico
8th January 2012, 13:58
I was hoping to get some advice from this community how to go about helping others to start opening up to the idea that there is a wealth of information that is simply not being made available to the general public (both in activities of the PTB and in regards to spiritual enlightenment). I have a lot of intelligent, logical friends who I haven't broached the subject with yet because I'm not quite sure how to do it - sending them the wrong link or lending them the wrong book and the old stigmas could blind them.. they could just see the words Astral Projection or UFOs and picture a person with a aluminum hat or just chalk whatever they're reading up to crazies with science fiction fantasies. To me this is a big shame because properly presented I think that seed of awareness could be planted in every single person.

The question is; where can I start and how can I do this in the best way possible? I'd love to send them to this forum - the community here is fantastic and the posts are extremely well written and discussed in an intelligent and respectful manner, which is what drew me in. Just reading people's experiences and discussions is enough to make you start to question everything you've been taught. I'm afraid that they might see conspiracy/UFO/9-11 stuff that would just cause an automatic shutdown (at least at this stage). Likewise with whistle-blower testimonials like Colonel X - fascinating reads that start to give you a basis for the bigger picture stuff once you start researching more in depth but as a first time might be too far-fetched. I thought about maybe showing a few episodes of Ancient Aliens: I think it is a fantastic series that really gives a good starting point as it presents everything in a fairly lite and easygoing way.

I'm still relatively new to the alternative media scene and I like to think that I can guesstimate pretty well what will be listened to and what will be dismissed without giving a chance, as I was in the same boat until fairly recently. I'd very much like to hear what experiences some of you have with helping others start to look for answers outside of the normal channels. Even if unsuccessful, I think that with a minimum level of exposure it could plant the seed and hopefully start them on the path to waking up at some point in the future.

Looking forward to your feedback.

S-L
8th January 2012, 14:41
Libico,

I really appreciate what you've said as I've been asking myself these same questions for quite some time. I'm very much in the same boat. I have some friends that are "awake and aware", and others who are highly intelligent, perceptive, open-minded, and yet not quite there yet. There seems to be some kind of blockage somewhere. When subjects of interest come up, I sometimes make the point to share alternative information or perspectives. Mostly, it is listened to with respect then promptly forgotten. Sometimes it is dismissed with ridicule. To wit, we have the same challenges here.

I've decided to tackle this challenge in two ways. First, never to take any dismissal or denigration personally, and to keep trying when I find moments of opportunity. Second, I accept that not everyone is ready to go down that path. And that's okay. Maybe they will be tomorrow, or the next day, or the next lifetime.

It also helps to think back at the circuitous journey I have taken to get here. I was once very much like our friends. Perhaps you were as well for some time. How did you start waking up? Was there a particular moment where something 'clicked' and you began piercing through the deep webs most people see life through? I have such a moment. Previous to this, it would have been difficult if not impossible for me to even accept taking any amount of time to look into this information with a truly open mind.

Having said that, I do think there are particular places to start if someone is willing to give you the time of day. I personally believe that the Disclosure Project conference of 2001 is the best place to send your skeptical friends in regards to the alien matter. It's not the final destination, but it's a good start. It's hard to dismiss hundreds of credentialed whistleblowers who are putting both their careers and reputations at stake to get the truth out. This might appeal to your logical friends. In terms of spiritual experiences... in truth, for me at least, direct experience was necessary. There is a saying: "truth needs to be experienced". Spiritual ideas are weak; spiritual experiences are life-changing. I propose a consistent practice of daily meditation as a good starting point, though this takes more commitment than most can afford.

Good luck, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. It's obvious to me that you've done a certain amount of thinking about this issue.

jackovesk
8th January 2012, 14:58
My advice is always to tell them...

The Truth..!

...and provide them with information/links to back it up.

Rgs,

Jack

shamanseeker
8th January 2012, 15:00
Do it with humour, too!

Falcor
8th January 2012, 15:16
the level of someones consciousness is not directly related to their level of intelligence. trying to wake up others is an easy one to struggle with, because we want to help and want to share our 'truths' with those that we love. but in the end, its best to detach and realize everyone wakes up in divine timing and some arent meant to 'wake up' in this lifetime. those that you can help, you will attract when the time is right.

"Trying to change the world is presuming you know better than God how the world should be." - David hawkins

"Don't try to heal the planet. That is the province of Divinity. Try to become the most loving creature you can become. Become the most perfect human being you can be." - David hawkins

imo, the best way to help others wake up, is to simply be the change you wish to see in the world :)

Libico
8th January 2012, 15:25
Hi S-L,

Thanks for your response - very much appreciated!

I find myself in strikingly similar situations whereas I do volunteer my thoughts about a subject that is listened to but not really heard. It's almost as if there is a mental filter where minds are already made up about topics XYZ and it can be difficult to get past. The thing is, I feel like once the breach is made it will be like letting a breath of fresh air in. Of course, I can only speak from my experience which was a gradual process that had a snowball effect - I would find one topic that would sounds interesting and read up on it only to find five more topics that piqued my interest, and then five more, etc. Over time a lot of what I was reading started to tie in together and support itself which is when things really started to get interesting.

Looking back on myself like you I'm sure that I was the same as them - I would listen politely and maybe ask a few questions, but ultimately forget about it as it wasn't something that really spoke to me as I simply wasn't aware of the vast amount of material out there. When you start to read a few accounts here or there it's one thing, but when you find hundreds written by intelligent people it has to make you wonder. Honestly, I don't think any sort of instant conversion is possible but if you can catch a glimpse of someone really thinking about what you said that can be a start. I've managed to get a few of those but in the routine of daily life I feel like it gets lost and filed away.

Thanks for the advice regarding the Disclosure Project - this is completely new to me and I'll take a look at it.

Regarding spirituality I agree that it is something that needs to be experienced first hand - I have yet to make concrete progress but I know that it takes time and will be well worth the effort when I do get there.

We seem to take a very similar approach to how to broach this with friends - I like to throw something out there when the opportunity presents itself and don't take it personally if it is dismissed. Like you said, not everyone is ready or may ever be ready to explore this area, but I wouldn't feel good with myself if I didn't try to nudge them a tiny bit to question the accepted "truths" that we've been told all our lives.

Libico
8th January 2012, 15:31
"Trying to change the world is presuming you know better than God how the world should be." - David hawkins

"Don't try to heal the planet. That is the province of Divinity. Try to become the most loving creature you can become. Become the most perfect human being you can be." - David hawkins

imo, the best way to help others wake up, is to simply be the change you wish to see in the world :)

Thanks for your thoughts and the quotes Falcor!

I agree 100% and sometimes it's good to hear that to ground me - you can't change the world, but sometimes I feel like if I won't try and grease the wheels I'll go crazy.. even if I know it is an uphill struggle :)

BlueGem
8th January 2012, 15:50
I have come across similar obstacles myself, Libico. The frustration can be unbearable sometimes, but you just have to let it go and follow the path you see before you. It will all come in time.

It's important not to push any information on people, because they will likely push it back! This can be frustrating, especially where friends and family are concerned. But even by talking about things that may seem quite 'far out' to them, you have planted the seed. It won't grow overnight. It might not grow in this lifetime, as S-L said. You will meet ridicule and scepticism, but these are perfectly healthy reactions from people who are not yet ready. That's fine, we've all been there.

Shamanseeker, that's an excellent point! Just last night I was watching Bill Bailey's Tinselworm, and I'm positive he was conveying a lot of useful information through jokes, songs, slideshows and self-depreciation humour. He's a very smart and funny man, well worth the watch!

kcbc2010
8th January 2012, 15:53
A few thoughts:
1) Awaking is a process. Even though I was reading the websites and doing the research, it took a long time to accept that what I was reading was actually true.

2) You have to relate to people where they are, not where you want them to be. When they are ready to know more, they will find their own ways to ask the questions they have. You can't force it.

There's a part in Ephesians that talks about how everyone is created to play different parts. Everyone brings their talents to the table and accepts that they can't do everything, but all of us play a specific part in the "body of Christ". Some are messengers/some can pray for hours/others sing in the choir/some are good helpers/some have the $$ to donate a lot, but everyone does their part to advance the work of the kingdom. (I apologize if that is "too Christian" for some people, but I think the example is relevant).

Your part to play in awakening other souls is going to be different than mine or the others on this forum, but we all are working towards the same goal. Your way is unique to you! Isn't that cool?!? However, because it's individual, you have figure your role. That said, you aren't the only one trying to figure it out. :)

3) For me, it's enough to keep books around the house/keep media on the DVR/answer questions or relate experiences as those conversations present themselves/increase my knowledge base. Our spheres of influence ebb and flow depending on where we are in our own journey. I'm a home-maker and I spend most of my time living in a very practical "this needs to get done" world because dinner needs to be made and my kid is a preschooler, so I don't feel like I'm on a spiritual journey most of the time. However, Avalon helps me connect and reminds me that there are larger reasons why I am here - and believe me - some days, I need to be reminded that Earth isn't "IT" when it comes to existence.

Seikou-Kishi
8th January 2012, 16:40
I think some people were born to play the sheep role, while others of us were born to play different roles. Some people, no matter how much you talk to them, will never want to think about it. Does that mean stop trying? No, but it does mean don't be too hung up about getting everybody on board.

You know the people around you. If one is a scoffer who will trash anything you say, point out inconsistencies in the official lines as they appear on the news and scoff, in a subtle way, at the idea of being duped by such rubbish. If one simply doesn't have the mental wherewithal to sit through and studiously examine data, work on them bit by bit. Use analogies with the less pensive. "Currency is the blood supply of a society, and banks are the heart. What happens when a heart gets all the blood? A heart attack". Little analogies like that (I co-opted that one from a Matias de Stefano video he's not just a pretty face haha) generally work well with them. This particular example worked well with my brother who has an economics degree and so is used to thinking of economics in heavily indoctrinated terms.

So yeah, tailor your approach according to the nature of the person, but above all do not be so fixated on winning people over that you become frustrated at the thought of failure or angry with their mental limitations. If they were supposed to come here and 'know', they would come here and know. If, before they came here, they chose you to be the one to wake them up, they'll wake up as you talk to them and if they don't, well maybe they weren't supposed to wake up (or maybe you're just not the one to do it). It's not the end of the world if they don't wake up; they're just taking a different path than you.

The crucial thing I've found, though, is to act in such a way that you are always holding that door open for them, waiting for them to see it and pass through. Don't get impatient or frustrated and don't burden them with big things at once; it's like getting into a hot water spring, dip a toe in at first and let it acclimatise; well-intentioned people do more harm than good presenting the topics in a fevered and dramatic way the topics are dramatic enough without them associating them with what to them must seem like an unpleasant mood-swing on your part.

I hope this helps. It's just some things I've discovered about 'sharing' along the way. Ultimately we can only be responsible for ourselves; there comes a time when one person's offer of help ends and another's personal responsibility takes over; you can only ever go part of the way, that part of the way which is yours to go; you must then hope that they meet you there.

I wish you all the best, and in closing I'd like to leave you with a prayer that has done the rounds in part because of the wisdom it contains and for the simplicity with which it imparts it.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

ghostrider
8th January 2012, 17:04
the continuing search for the truth thread has a lot of information for people who need facts/links and such. good place to start someone on a journey of waking up.

Lochinvar
8th January 2012, 18:30
From my experience it is best to avoid having an emotional attachment to whether or not someone does wake up. I find it best to be a planter of seeds. If the seeds germinate then that is great. If they don't then there is always next year. I always start with my experience within the UK parliament where my job was to deny democracy to the people of the UK (after the ballot box). I don't just jump in with that straight away but instead build up to it gradually. Whatever you do don't start talking about aliens until at least the second year of your discussion. Maybe start with your own experience of awakening or find a video clip that casts doubt on the official story of WTC building 7 or perhaps the banking crisis.

Good luck.

Cerridwen
8th January 2012, 18:38
Do it with humour, too!

This is what I like to do. I tell people that I'm one of those crazy, nut job, conspiracy theorist all of the time. If people are interested, then they'll ask questions about what I believe and why. When I see their eyes start to glaze over I stop. LOL If they aren't then I don't waste my breath. A lot of the time they will hear something later on down the line and come and ask me whats going on and my opinion.

Everyone will wake up when it's time for them to do so. I just like to drop hints that I will be there for them when they are ready to do so, but I don't want to try and force it on them and possibly turn them off.

Virma De Ris
8th January 2012, 19:11
I completely support what shamanseeker says about humor. People can't handle serious conversations well, imagine talking about what's been condoned to be ridiculed about. Anyways my hubby and I have always been partially woken since we were kids so in other words we are blessed with each other as we both to a tag team sort of way to help people see beyond what's been presented to them. By personal experience, saying that a person is asleep is a bit condescending and people will not listen to you if you even suggest this. Just make them look at the same issue/question/concern by using another perspective. For example, when a person complains about something they see on TV, like budget cuts and the like, ask them why they feel that way then start explaining why things are the way they are.

My husband tends to be more direct than I but that's because I am more empathic than he is so he says it like it is and I just joke about what he says then I add the magic words of "but" and "what if". This has worked quite well even with the toughest of skeptics.

Yes as many have written here show them evidence, point them to sites and if you have a means to show in real time do it. We show people things we see all the time, they either get scared or are hooked for life. Don't expect thanks immediately or at all if some do want to pursue truth by themselves. Don't try to wake people if you want gratification for it because you both will feel negative consequences. Been there, done that. Learned from that.

Blessings to all!

Cartomancer
8th January 2012, 19:17
I kind of woke up by being a skeptic. I would hear Alex Jones, David Icke or Jordan Maxwell say something I didn't believe. By checking into it myself I realized that a lot of what these guys were saying is true.

Point out these subjects to them and challenge them to prove them false:

Aspartame is made of the effluvia (crap) of the e. coli bacteria and converts to wood alcohol at temperatures over 82 degrees F.
The use of flouride was developed by Nazi Germany and the Soviet bloc to keep their prisoners passive and now its being put into a large percentage of public water supply.
The US government staged the Gulf of Tonkin incident that started the Viet-Nam war (admitted by the sec'y of Defense Macnamara),
Operation Northwoods-a plan to fly a airliner into a building via remote control and blame it on Cuba (sound familiar?) admitted on record.

Show them the videos of how the mainstream media treats Ron Paul. Even if you don't like Dr. Paul the way they treat him exposes their agenda and undermines their credibility.

Make them learn what Jekyll Island is and what happened there in 1913.

-Cort

truth4me
8th January 2012, 19:38
Free will choice is the way I go now. I'm no better then my fellow human yet they are no better then I. I've got one friend who listens and I tell him enough without "losing him". People are here to experience soul growth IMHO so I interfere none now with people and their lives. You will awaken when its your time..........................let me back track if someone is being harmed then I will step in.....

VaughnB
8th January 2012, 20:09
In my old age I've found you can't change anyone's mind. Each must find their own truth. Perhaps by example but nothing more unless they ask, then the door may be open, otherwise let fate take its course.

Unfortunately most are driven and controlled by their ego and any attempt, no matter how logical, pragmatic and sustainable can create the opposite intention as the ego strives for its dominance and control.

Only when the person is as a child, open to listen without judgement does learning occur.

Any attempt to manipulate, or use some deceit, subterfuge to achieve one's ends ultimately becomes unraveled as we are witnessing today.

When we do find our truth, that is when the student becomes the sage. Unfortunately this path is narrow and we must walk alone in the solace that our only real companion is Truth.

So, my friend, don't waste your time trying to convince the world of a better way, rather walk that lonely path and become the example, become the sage and in so doing you will have accomplished more than most, you cannot be the savior of the world but you can discover the key which lies at the center between your eyes.

Turcurulin
8th January 2012, 20:58
Hi Libico,

I've had some of the same issues during my journey. Seeking truth is a very individual process that can take a very long time for some. You can be that beacon of light for those in need of direction. I've found that taking into account a person's sensibility is best in directing one to determine which viewpoint/mentality/philosophy in the alternative media with which to expose our friends.

A lot of people I know first respond and resonate most positively with Alex Jones. I generally direct people to Projects Camelot and Avalon interviews. I've found that some of the older military individuals really respond to Pete Peterson. Anyone business-oriented usually resonates with Ben Fulford. WWII enthusiasts enjoy Joseph Ferrell's interview. Catholics and American immigrants like Leo Zagami (go figure =) Etc...

"You can lead a horse to water,.." - The main thing is to attempt to present the information in a way that is going to spark the interest of the individual and motivates that person to continue looking for more information that pertains to him/her. I always try to be mindful of becoming over-zealous. When I see my friends giving me the same look they give evangelists, "Here we go again..." I try to back off for a while =)

The most satisfying aspect of this is, when one simply plants the seed, those around you will begin to become more and more aware on their own of the things going on around them. Friends will come to you with information, that they've been exposed to in their daily lives, that has begun to synchronize with what they've been exposed to in alternative media.

Wind
8th January 2012, 21:18
Only you can truly wake yourself up. No one else can do that for you and vice versa. It has always been like that and will always be so. The people who are ready to listen, will listen. We have different roles here on Earth. No one is truly good or evil. We just are... Parts of a far greater puzzle that is far greater than we can ever comprehend. The dominoes have allready started to fall and the shift has already started... The flow of life will lead us to where we are meant to be. Everything is in it's place just as it needs to be. Relax, and enjoy the ride.

gripreaper
8th January 2012, 21:43
I kind of woke up by being a skeptic. I would hear Alex Jones, David Icke or Jordan Maxwell say something I didn't believe. By checking into it myself I realized that a lot of what these guys were saying is true.

Point out these subjects to them and challenge them to prove them false:

Aspartame is made of the effluvia (crap) of the e. coli bacteria and converts to wood alcohol at temperatures over 82 degrees F.
The use of flouride was developed by Nazi Germany and the Soviet bloc to keep their prisoners passive and now its being put into a large percentage of public water supply.
The US government staged the Gulf of Tonkin incident that started the Viet-Nam war (admitted by the sec'y of Defense Macnamara),
Operation Northwoods-a plan to fly a airliner into a building via remote control and blame it on Cuba (sound familiar?) admitted on record.

Show them the videos of how the mainstream media treats Ron Paul. Even if you don't like Dr. Paul the way they treat him exposes their agenda and undermines their credibility.

Make them learn what Jekyll Island is and what happened there in 1913.

-Cort

I go along with that. If they survive six months of listening to Alex Jones, and you see them storing food and weapons, then their initiation is complete and you can introduce them to Jeff Rense. LOL

Actually, my awakening started when a friend asked me if I knew that 9-11 was an inside job. I said, no way, so he sent me to Zeitgeist, which led me to a half dozen other documentaries, which led me to the question: "if the secret cabal is that organized and that powerful, what else are they not telling us?" That's when the journey really began.

WhiteFeather
8th January 2012, 21:50
Have sex with them, this is the only thing that seems to really work for me and them too. : ) Hope this helps.

Soul Safari
8th January 2012, 22:58
This topic has been going round my head for ages. Im surrounded by your typical middle class- Builders and bankers who work all week then just get smashed out of their head all weekend till they drop. They have no time for much of this information. Soon as you bring up a few points they go 'Booooorrrrinnnng' in a silly tone, smirk then move onto some story about a mate who has just pulled some fit bird. All typical male stuff really.. You have to be careful not to get laughed out the pub!

The only way i've found so far is to bring up something real SIMPLE that will benefit them with some proof. Like for instance everybody wants to know how to look after your body and cure yourself. I must of put at least 10 people onto Apple Cider Vinegar and at least 7 of them still use it a year later. Cured everything from depression, irregular heart rate,repetitive strains and even hives! Once they have heard your story and how you helped these people and "Look, here's the proof!" They take notice. There intrigued and want to know more. They wanna know why this rusty old liquid that tastes like Sarson's Vinegar can do all these things and the fact that the majority of people have never heard of it. So then you start to bring up the other points of how information is suppressed and not really promoted in the way it should. After that most people are HOOKED!

Once you grabbed there attention..That's it! It snowballs...

Spose the key is not go "All deep" and sound like some nut lolololol

Lifebringer
8th January 2012, 23:31
Recent and past UFO sighting info usually helps along with links on various Stellar beings and their planet or star they are from..a link to the Urantia Book online to read the full story of Christ's life before the Jewish Priest entered the pyramids and removed the original origin text of man/God relationship. They removed the part about artificial insemination and the extra helix in the mind to be activated through meditation and loving your neighbor and GOD the Father. Urantia answered a lot of questions I had about Christianity and brought all the religions together. It tells of the reason for the incarnation to learn of the creation by dwelling among them until death of natural causes, however he knew the Roman Government and Jewish Scribes wouldn't allow their teaching to be questioned, and would come after him. He told the apostles from the beginning. I expecially like the personal identification traits of the doubting Thomas and why he was called that.

Exopolitcs.org, UFO TV on You Tube videos from around the world. Oh and don't forget to tell them to search on Youtube.com for 7 circuits of the brain and Disclosure Project, October 14th 2008 Contact in which they asked "Should they intervene? WE answered Yes.

gooty64
8th January 2012, 23:52
Thrive the movie. This is what this movie was made for.

It starts off for at least 5 maybe 10 minutes looking and sounding just like an inspirational mainstream motion picture. Before long though the bubble bursts and the truth starts getting revealed in a vey calm professional manner.

It's worth buying yourself a copy so you can loan it to friends/family to watch at home in privacy.

Good luck!

Providence
9th January 2012, 01:22
Awakening is a relatively slow process for most people, it was for me, and it will surely test your patience and your sanity at times.

Take it slow, wait for a door of opportunity to open (and if your heart is right the door will open), and meet them at their level of understanding. Maybe you will go too far with some, or not far enough with others, but in time your experience will help you to focus on the most appropriate planting method for the seeds that need to be sown.

Peace, Patience, and Love!
Providence

Deviant
9th January 2012, 08:29
Awakening is a process that is hard to facilitate on an individual level. Unfortunately, some form of trauma is generally the kick-start that makes people snap into awareness. Or as Providence points out, without trauma, it can be a slow process.

=[Post Update]=

Why does it say I have 4 posts when I only have 3? ^_^

BestLion
9th January 2012, 12:02
Helping others wake up
The first question asked are we fully awake? I tend to think not. We only have less the half the puzzle itself. My goal in life now isnt to awaken anyone, let them live in their 'world' . My goal for myself is to understand..Who am I? Why am I here? where did I come from? What is my true past and the true past of those before me? I am just trying to make all this out for myself..before i try to become a guru and show others the path.
BTW religion, evolution , modern science and conventional history has not answered any of my questions. So if anyone can help answer my basic question please leave out those 4 items..ive been down those roads...got the free Tshirt.

Anchor
9th January 2012, 12:22
> Helping others wake up

Try really hard to answer their questions as best you can, never be afraid to admit you don't know something; but when you do know and can answer, don't be afraid to tell it from your heart.

Generally, wait to be asked, but you can always drop some seeds that grow later ;)

Peter Kraai
9th January 2012, 12:30
Im surrounded by your typical middle class- Builders and bankers who work all week then just get smashed out of their head all weekend till they drop.

I know how you feel all too well, I've been one of them, it's when you start questioning, opening your mind, that you will be freed, I wouldn't say I'm "Awakened", but I won't live my life for a corrupt system, I've turned my hobby into my job and see my future clearly, I know what I want to reach ! I guess I am awakened, the 'sleeping ones' are the people you've mentioned..

Pk