PDA

View Full Version : Miracle at Mile high?

jagman
9th January 2012, 03:39
let me start off by saying that, I know that God( Or Source) is not in the business of
football! With that being said, Tim Tebow threw a 80 yard Hail Mary pass in a Overtime Playoff win. I have to say, In my 30 plus years of playing and watching football, I have never
seen magic like there was tonight. Tim Tebow is a very controversial Athlete.
But he is also a symbol for Christians around the world! (For the Good or the Bad. )
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_404h/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2012/01/08/Sports/Images/Elway_Broncos_Football_01293-18469.jpg

When interviewed after the game Tebow Talked about a sick little girl he just visited.
He praised God and his teamates and that little girl!

truth4me
9th January 2012, 04:24
I like Tim Tebow. Some media members really get on him about his openly christian stance. He is one hard nosed football player. He is refreshing to say the least .......

moontime
9th January 2012, 06:08
He also threw for 3:16 yards... Spooky!!!

Tangri
9th January 2012, 08:46
I like Tim Tebow. Some media members really get on him about his openly christian stance. He is one hard nosed football player. He is refreshing to say the least .......

Maybe there is a miracle being a Christian?

modwiz
9th January 2012, 09:03
I like Christians just fine, as long as the proselytizing ones can't make any legislative decisions about my life. The Christ energy is a very well fed one and does often produce effects when those effects called for the right reasons. On a dark planet, a little Christ energy is very welcome. Light is light and it is recognized for its benefic presence. The media is run by very dark entities. Picking on Tebow would practically be required.

BestLion
9th January 2012, 09:18
Christians will use anything to prove their Bible is true, they have done measurement on the great pyramid. From the tunnel to the king chamber to support the birth of Jesus" in English feet" when that metric system wasn't even used until 1,000s of years later. Now they use things like football to prove Jesus is real..Like here in this post a football player threw for 316 yards...ie thinking John 3;16.. In fact the Bible of old didn't even have verses..they were made in the 1500s to make the bible easier to read and reference.I'm sure had this QB passed for 1 yard they would have refereed to Genesis 1:1 "in the beginning..."
yet Christians fail on other aspects..they never talk about for example the 100,000+ babies in the USA who died last year before they reached 1 years old. The millions of people world wide who die year due to cancer. Instead they take silly stuff like a football player to prove that Jesus is real because the football player prays to Jesus..passes for John 3:16 yards. :rolleyes: If jesus cares..he'd be more concerned about the 100,000 babies who die he year in the USA, the millions who die world wide cause lack of food, and medicine.. then he would be about a football game. Jesus needs to quit watching football and pay Japan a visits and start healing those Fukashuma 50..already 6 of those men are dead and 19 seriously sick...

DNA
9th January 2012, 09:18
Bro, if the Broncos win the Super Bowl I"m going to church. That's all there is to it. I'm for real.

jagman
9th January 2012, 15:13
Hello BestLion, I wasn't trying to prove or disprove the Christian Bible. I was simply writing a story about a phenomenon that is going
on in Denver. I don't think God is in the business of picking winners & losers in football games.With that being said
Tim Tebow is quickly becoming a symbol for Christians around the World.

Stuart M.
9th January 2012, 16:50
Hey jagman,

I appreciate you bringing this story to Avalon, I like Tebow and what he has done to help the Broncos. Now in the hopes of not creating animosity between us, I gotta ask what your deffenition of the hail Mary pass is ? A little embelishment on your part perhaps ? Now that was a great game but why not tell it the way it really played out. In fact that the td had more to do with Taylor not being able to make a tackle than any heroics by Tim Tebow. By any standard the whole thing is a special story when told as it has happened. Sorry for the bluntness but I think it needed said.

RedeZra
9th January 2012, 17:03
Instead they take silly stuff like a football player to prove that Jesus is real because the football player prays to Jesus..passes for John 3:16 yards. :rolleyes:

Jesus is very real to those who have seen Him or felt His presence so that is why Christianity exist and why there are Christians

Unified Serenity
9th January 2012, 17:08

Maybe there is a miracle being a Christian?

The miracle is finding a true one and not a Christer (christmas and easter) christian or pew potato who only goes to church "cause that's watt ma mamma and daddy and thar momma and daddy done all thar lahvs". They will argue with you til the cows come home about something they have zero factual knowledge of, but it's tradition. So, yes, there is a miracle in being a christian.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I like Christians just fine, as long as the proselytizing ones can't make any legislative decisions about my life. The Christ energy is a very well fed one and does often produce effects when those effects called for the right reasons. On a dark planet, a little Christ energy is very welcome. Light is light and it is recognized for its benefic presence. The media is run by very dark entities. Picking on Tebow would practically be required.

Gawd, you are so nice Modwiz! Bows humbly to your example.

OneLittleFrog
9th January 2012, 17:16
If jesus cares..he'd be more concerned about the 100,000 babies who die he year in the USA, the millions who die world wide cause lack of food, and medicine.. then he would be about a football game. Jesus needs to quit watching football...

Hallelujah! :angel:

Unified Serenity
9th January 2012, 17:17
yet Christians fail on other aspects..they never talk about for example the 100,000+ babies in the USA who died last year before they reached 1 years old. The millions of people world wide who die year due to cancer. Instead they take silly stuff like a football player to prove that Jesus is real because the football player prays to Jesus..passes for John 3:16 yards. :rolleyes: If jesus cares..he'd be more concerned about the 100,000 babies who die he year in the USA, the millions who die world wide cause lack of food, and medicine.. then he would be about a football game. Jesus needs to quit watching football and pay Japan a visits and start healing those Fukashuma 50..already 6 of those men are dead and 19 seriously sick...

Hmmm, I do believe statements like "Never" and "Always" are ill advised in any argument for there is very little in the world or universe that will apply to.

As for Christian's caring about cancer, they have hospitals for it,
The Christian Hospital Cancer Care Center has been awarded the highest level of accreditation achievable -- a three-year accreditation with commendation as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program. The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer awards the accreditations based on on-site surveys.

"This accreditation signifies that the highest quality of cancer care is provided at Christian Hospital," says Timothy Rearden, MD, medical director of the Christian Hospital Cancer Care Center. "Only one in four hospitals treating cancer receives this special approval. It recognizes the quality of our comprehensive cancer program and the commitment of our staff and physicians to ensure patients have access to the latest resources to diagnose and treat cancer."

Cancer Screenings for Low-Income Women
Qualifying participants are eligible to receive:

Free pap tests
Free pelvic exams
Free clinical breast exams
Free breast self-exam instruction
Free mammograms (http://www.christianhospital.org/?id=31804&sid=45) (depending on age and risk factors)
Additional diagnostic services (http://www.christianhospital.org/?id=31165&sid=45) if needed
Free Exams
Women 50 to 64 or older (if not eligible for Medicare Part B) may be eligible for free:

Pap tests and pelvic exams
Clinical breast exams
Mammograms and diagnostic services
Women 35 to 49 may be eligible for free:

Pap tests, pelvic exams and clinical breast exams if there are no other services available
Diagnostic services with breast or cervical screenings that are suspicious for cancer (http://www.christianhospital.org/?id=31148&sid=45)
http://www.christianhospital.org/?id=31208&sid=45

Fact Sheet
Christian Hospital 2010 Vital Statistics

Our Assistance

Charity Care: $37.2M
Self-Pay Discount: $14.7M
Bad Debt: $19.5M
Total free care as a percent of gross revenue: 9.1%
Our Patients

Admissions: 15,099
Emergency Department Visits: 92,405
Surgical Procedures: 5,827
Our Personnel

Employees: 2,098
Registered Nurses: 492
Physicians: 512
Volunteers: 439 with 78,874 service hours
Auxiliary members: 377
Our Community

400+ lectures, screenings, educational and wellness programs
11,000-plus community residents participated in Christian Hospital programs
44,000 meals provided to Meals on Wheels North County program

I think this is just one example of Christian's caring in real ways with money and their ethics. It took me literally 3 seconds to find this one, and if I put some real time into investigating it, I am sure all your negative comments about these awful Christians and this Jesus of theirs would be refuted equally as well.

conk
9th January 2012, 17:20
If anyone thinks for a single second that an infinite God cares one rat's fart about football, then................Heck, how any "god" would care about a simple, single carbon unit named Tebow, on a single planet in the midst of infinity warps the mind thinking about it.

ViralSpiral
9th January 2012, 17:23
The miracle is finding a true one and not a Christer (christmas and easter) christian or pew potato who only goes to church "cause that's watt ma mamma and daddy and thar momma and daddy done all thar lahvs". They will argue with you til the cows come home about something they have zero factual knowledge of, but it's tradition. So, yes, there is a miracle in being a christian

A modicum of respect please. Pew potato or mom/pop puppet, forgive them. Perhaps some Christ compassion?
According to my dad, I will most probably be going to hell in a gilt edged, supersonic handbasket. My stuff. He aint a traditionalist, is extremely well studied in all religions and like RedeZra, feels presence. His stuff. Allow others theirs.

Sorry for the derail, this train will now proceed on track :)

I wish I had Tebow's talent!

OneLittleFrog
9th January 2012, 17:31
So hypothetically, if there's a CHRISTIAN defensive lineman who dumps St. Timothy for a loss on a fourth-down play, is he actually doing the devil's work? :cool:

I guess I'm branded a dark demonic force (really, you'd never know it to look at me;)) but I DETEST pompous sports darlings like the holier-than-thou Tebow, claiming Jesus gives him touchdowns passes. Puh-leeze.....:rolleyes:

Besides, I'm a Seahawks fan.......:rolleyes:

Unified Serenity
9th January 2012, 17:38
I won't speak for Tim Tebow, so I will just quote his foundation page,

We are fulfilling that mission everyday through a variety of financial
 support, however the primary four outreach initiatives of the Tim Tebow
 Foundation are:

The W15H program
Partnering with CURE on an International Children's Hospital Construction Project
Timmy’s Playrooms
Financial Support of Uncle Dick’s Orphanage
The W15H Program

This program has been created to fulfill the dreams of children with 
life-threatening illnesses whose wish is to meet Tim Tebow View More » (http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/news/2011-08-09-tim-tebow-foundation-partners-dreams-come-true-grant-wishes-children-life-threatenin)
CURE International Partnership

http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/outreach_photo/Cure%20outreach.jpg

The Tim Tebow 
Foundation today announced its partnership with CURE International (http://cure.org/timtebow). The Tim
 Tebow Foundation’s mission is to bring faith, hope and love to those needing 
a brighter day, and this partnership will directly benefit children 
throughout the developing world who suffer from treatable physical
 disabilities. View More » (http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/news/2011-10-25-new-partnership-cure-international)

Timmy’s Playrooms

http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/outreach_photo/timmy%20playroom.jpg

The Tim Tebow Foundation will carry on the 
great work of the University of Florida’s 1st and 15 program in creating
 Timmy’s playrooms in children’s hospitals throughout the world. These rooms 
will serve as a place of Faith, Hope and Love to these very strong and
 courageous children.

Uncle Dick's Orphanage - Philippines

http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/outreach_photo/Slideshow%20Image.jpeg

The Tebow Foundation will continue to support this important outreach to hundreds of children every year who have been left homeless or abandoned. The smiles and enthusiasm of these children and the adults who oversee their care will warm the heart of any person privileged to visit and those who provide the financial support. Uncle Dick's Orphanage is where the Tebow family is energized in seeing the enthusiasm and joy of these young children. View More » (http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/uncle-dicks-home)

Gainesville, FL
Philippines
Jacksonville, FL
Washington D.C.
Denver, CO
Bangladesh
Haiti
Atlanta, GA

I believe Tebow is setting a wonderful example for the youth of America and across the world by reaching out, using his talent and hard work to give back and bless those who have much less than he does. He honors the God of his faith, he walks the walk and isn't ashamed to talk about being a believer in Jesus in a time when it is not very popular to do so. I see his example as so much better than what some have done with their athletic talents and money.

So, in the spirit of love and light, I do believe Tebow is a bright and shining light in a dark world in need.

BestLion
9th January 2012, 17:45
The Tim Tebow 
Foundation today announced its partnership with CURE International.
I went to this site.. They want to build a hospital..since Jesus is giving him touchdowns why need a hospital just pray to Jesus. He'll cure you! yet they need a hospital... go figure. And then they need money 'of coarse' to build the hospital..why dont he pray for the money..God can make street of gold he can give 700K...I guess god is also too busy watching football.
The Tim Tebow Foundation exists to bring faith, hope and love to those needing a brighter day in their darkest hour of need.
Kids in the darkest hour of need, near death, and suffering most soon to die. I say tim send you god down to visit them then wasting your prayers on touchdown passes.

Unified Serenity
9th January 2012, 17:47
So, I am derailing a thread responding to Bestlions comments? I do believe it's the one attacking a nice guy like Tebow who first brought it up. Jagman, I apologize for for responding to an unnecessary attack on Tebow. As for my comments about christers and pew potatos, I think they are the very reason many have issues with Christianity. It's sort of like Republicans in name only. So, if my words bother you, I apologize, but I do stand by my belief that being a follower of Jesus' teaching to love God and love your neighbor is a verb and not just words.

Actions speak a lot louder than words, and Tebow puts his actions forth often which the whole world can see. I'm proud to know he is a Christian.

Laurel
9th January 2012, 18:19
Let me start out with a disclaimer... I am not Christian, I don't care much for organized religion although I believe in God and faith, I don't follow football much anymore, and am considered a heathen for not being a Packer fan.

That being said, I respect Tim Tebow's values. Having faith and praying strengthens him. Sure, possibly God isn't watching football, but Tim's inner faith is helping him believe in himself and what he can accomplish. Hmm... hope that makes sense.

dreamer
9th January 2012, 18:27
man, how quickly this turned into a "Christians vs my opinion!!!" thread..
nastiness, so many people jump to the defense at the mere mention of the word "Christian" .... like it was ment for personal attack or something... go Tim!!!!!!

conk
9th January 2012, 19:10
man, how quickly this turned into a "Christians vs my opinion!!!" thread..
nastiness, so many people jump to the defense at the mere mention of the word "Christian" .... like it was ment for personal attack or something... go Tim!!!!!!It's because for all its pompous claims of helping, caring, and loving, Christianity (and most all religions) is a man-made construct and has done more to bring pain and suffering than can be imagined. Christianity must go. Christ consciousness must stay and flourish!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic. Tebow is an awesome kid, really. He is a little misguided, but his heart is certainly pure. His intentions are what count, not his delusions.

alienHunter
9th January 2012, 19:55
I have a problem with the Denver franchise...John Elway made my life hell for years.

PHARAOH
9th January 2012, 23:04
Tim Teebow, the name should ring bells in symbolism. Tim Teebow is walking the talk. I love me someone who know thyself and will bear the cross if you will.

WhiteFeather
9th January 2012, 23:09
My Perspective: I will no longer entertain myself with this Corporate 3 Ring Circus, The Ass Clown Sports Announcers That Wear The Corporate American Flag On The Upper Lapel Of Their Corporate Sassy SnakeSkinned Suits gives me The Creeps to say the least. Yuck,,,,

With That Said, Lets Go Giants.

Duhhh!

http://www.thesmokingjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/joe-buck.jpg

jagman
9th January 2012, 23:17
My Perspective: I will no longer entertain myself with this Corporate 3 Ring Circus, The Ass Clown Sports Announcers That Wear The Corporate American Flag On The Upper Lapel Of Their Corporate Sassy SnakeSkinned Suits gives me The Creeps to say the least. Yuck,,,,

With That Said, Lets Go Giants.

Duhhh!

http://www.thesmokingjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/joe-buck.jpg
I am also a Giants fan, WhiteFeather lol GO giants!

jagman
9th January 2012, 23:20
I have a problem with the Denver franchise...John Elway made my life hell for years.

Sounds interesting, Can you elaborate further?

WhiteFeather
9th January 2012, 23:21

Hey Modwiz,,,I enjoy a lil light from The Lightworker as well. Sometimes I have to put on some light- shade, these rays can be quite solar-fullistic and extremely energetic to say the least.

jagman
10th January 2012, 00:43
Hitler reacts to Tim Tebow victory over the Steelers. Funny stuff
http://youtu.be/jD6B1CXXgM0

RedeZra
10th January 2012, 01:06
there are two spiritual forces

one is light and one is night

most live in the night and have seldom seen the light

sure we see in darkness but so do owls

some say step into the light but many love the night

they won't leave and so they don't seek the light

where miracles happen every minute of the day

just come out and play

alienHunter
10th January 2012, 01:17
I'm not a big Steelers fan...but that's kinda how I feel about it...it's hilarious...Hitler was finally right about something.

Hitler reacts to Tim Tebow victory over the Steelers. Funny stuff
http://youtu.be/jD6B1CXXgM0

Kristin
10th January 2012, 01:20
The NY Giants are my team, for better or worse. But SICK PASS!!! Amen brother Jesus! Let's not forget the brilliant pass/play that won the Giants the Superbowl... ahhhh bliss.
From the Heart,
Wormhole

alienHunter
10th January 2012, 01:21
I don't know what timeline you people are in but the Kansas City Chiefs are winning the superbowl this year!!

Kristin
10th January 2012, 01:29
LOL, now I've seen everything!!! When I come to the Avalon Forum and participate in a thread about football!!! This is truly one hell of a forum, now I can tell my friends that "Alien Hunter" is rooting for the Chiefs while Buddy Jesus is preaching the gospel... I LOVE YOU GUYS! I've got a grin on my face that's longer then that pass!
From the Heart,
Wormhole

modwiz
10th January 2012, 01:31
The NY Giants are my team, for better or worse. But SICK PASS!!! Amen brother Jesus! Let's not forget the brilliant pass/play that won the Giants the Superbowl... ahhhh bliss.
From the Heart,
Wormhole

As a New Yorker, there is only one NY team, the Buffalo Bills. The Jersey Jet and Jersey Giants just exhibit their geographical ignorance by insisting they are NY. Typical greedy sociopathic sports owner mentality. I could agree on a the Cosmopolitan Jets and Giants but you don't get to call yourself a NY team being based in New Jersey.

Fortunately for the owners, sports fans are not usually pedantic types. That was a nice way of phrasing that, eh? :eyebrows:

OneLittleFrog
10th January 2012, 01:32
:high5: Especially funny jagman, when you consider Hitler was a Christian ;) Actually, I think Hitler WOULD be a Denver fan -- I think he may have helped design the artwork at the Denver airport. :)

Ah yes, the televised-sports-extravaganza-hero-worship-media-blitz for the newest Golden Boy goes on and on..............thankfully, I rarely watch the TV anyway......:p

Kristin
10th January 2012, 01:43
Modwiz,
The only option that I can see in this deeply disturbing situation in Jersey... cough cough (a tear runs down my cheek), is to accept that at least in the opening preseason game last season the Giants won over the home team and their blood was spilled upon the field... or we could accept Jersey as a part of New York State, but I could never stomach it happening no matter how much I like Bruce Springsteen.

From the Heart,
Wormhole

WhiteFeather
10th January 2012, 01:47
From the Heart,
Wormhole

As a New Yorker, there is only one NY team, the Buffalo Bills. The Jersey Jet and Jersey Giants just exhibit their geographical ignorance by insisting they are NY. Typical greedy sociopathic sports owner mentality. I could agree on a the Cosmopolitan Jets and Giants but you don't get to call yourself a NY team being based in New Jersey.

Fortunately for the owners, sports fans are not usually pedantic types. That was a nice way of phrasing that, eh? :eyebrows:

My eight year old said to me the other day, Dad how are The Jets and The Giants NY teams when they play in NJ. I said Boo thats a great question.

Kristin
10th January 2012, 01:52
It hurts Whitefeather, it truly hurts. :(

Fondly Remembering Giant Stadium,
Wormhole

Seikou-Kishi
10th January 2012, 02:06

"On a dark planet, a little Christ energy is very welcome". How right you are! In a power cut, I'd be happy to settle for candles rather than throw in the towel for want of a torch. Right as well with keeping the proselytisers out of the legislatures. People can be as annoying as they wish when they're harmless lol.

Btw, benefic? Have you been delving into the arcana recently?

Seikou-Kishi
10th January 2012, 02:09
From the Heart,
Wormhole

My eight year old said to me the other day, Dad how are The Jets and The Giants NY teams when they play in NJ. I said Boo thats a great question.

I know nothing of your exotic ways, oh strangers from an arcane land, but the clue's in the name surely? "We're the Nevada Net Ballers and we're the number one team in Holland" — it takes a special kind of logic on their part more particularly called "no logic". *fits of laughter*

modwiz
10th January 2012, 02:13

"On a dark planet, a little Christ energy is very welcome". How right you are! In a power cut, I'd be happy to settle for candles rather than throw in the towel for want of a torch. Right as well with keeping the proselytisers out of the legislatures. People can be as annoying as they wish when they're harmless lol.

Btw, benefic? Have you been delving into the arcana recently?

LOL. I tend to live there.

modwiz
10th January 2012, 02:24
Modwiz,
The only option that I can see in this deeply disturbing situation in Jersey... cough cough (a tear runs down my cheek), is to accept that at least in the opening preseason game last season the Giants won over the home team and their blood was spilled upon the field... or we could accept Jersey as a part of New York State, but I could never stomach it happening no matter how much I like Bruce Springsteen.

From the Heart,
Wormhole

I like NJ and think it is a very nice state. Apparently the Jets and Giants don't think so or they would not be posing as NYers. Jets and Giants are fine teams as well. Not much of a sports fan but I know Yankees, Mets, Knicks and Bills are our men's base,basket and football teams. NYC needs to fix its roads instead of giving all its tax money to crooked pols. NJ is much more car friendly and easier for fans to get to games.

Kristin
10th January 2012, 02:46
So true Modwiz, So true... I grew up having people assume that when I said I was from NY that I meant NYC. When I'm there I find myself flying out of Jersey instead of JFK, I just take the train it's easier. NYC is beautiful though, as far as things go, but the ribbing will never end now that we have two teams in Jersey. But hey, New York is fortunate to have three wonderful football teams. The Bills fans are famous for their forbearance in the lake effect snows, I humbly bow.

From the Heart of the Canadian Coast, where men play football in outdated gear for slim salaries and the love of the game,
Wormhole

Mike
10th January 2012, 02:51
From the Heart,
Wormhole

let's not forget those Syracuse Orangemen;) #1 in the land these days.

sports got less interesting for me when i stopped gambling on them. without the juice i just couldn't get interested. but growing up in and around the 'cuse, the team is just in the blood.

yeah, never got the jersey jet and jersey giant thing, either.

Kristin
10th January 2012, 03:04
"let's not forget those Syracuse Orangemen #1 in the land these days." - Chinaski

I grew up in Geneva NY my friend; my brother received his doctorate from SU... old stomping grounds.
From the Heart,
Wormhole

Mike
10th January 2012, 03:18
"let's not forget those Syracuse Orangemen #1 in the land these days." - Chinaski

I grew up in Geneva NY my friend; my brother received his doctorate from SU... old stomping grounds.
From the Heart,
Wormhole

not the sexiest city on earth, but after a while it gets in your bones. i was just a boy in '87 when we lost to indiana in the hoops finals, but i have a vague recollection of sobbing in my kitchen, confirmed by my parents. it's the only sports team i genuinely care about. i can't help it!

as far as Tebow, i'm rooting for the guy. i could give a sh#t about the Broncos and i'm not especially religious, but there's a purity and guilelessness about the kid that you can't help but like.

MorningSong
12th January 2012, 20:03
Now, I'm not a football fan, never heard of Tebow until this thread popped up....but there might be a bit more to this story... (propaganda?)

aT17Z1Ln82U

Amysenthia
12th January 2012, 20:41
Congrats to you Jagman since it sounds like you are a Denver fan. However, do you thing that God "Chose for Denver to win over the Steelers BECAUSE Tebow is a christian. Just in case you may think this I have to point out the fact that Troy Palomalu the Safety for Pittsburgh, and who by the way, Tebow knew to throw his pass nowhere near, is also a Devout christian. Go to www.troy43.com to view the extensive list of charities, homeless shelters, etc. that he supports. Troy is one of the most soft spoken, humble people, that you can ever meet. Yet you do not see him bowing to one knee, making a spectacle after the tremendous plays that he makes. He just quietly crosses himself and goes on to make another fabulous play. The game of football is exactly that "A GAME!!!!". It is great if you find your christian faith grounds you, gives you purpose, gives you reason to to get up in the morning, etc. I just have a personal, and please know I remind you I said PERSONAL problems with people associating something happening in the game/profession of football with this faith or that faith. NONE of what happened during the Denver/Steelers game had to do with Christianity. It had to do with football talent. The team that performed better won.

To say Denver won because Tebow is a christian then you have to explain to me why the Steelers lost when that play got by Troy Palomalu, #43 Steelers, who is also a christian. By starting this thread I feel that this is what you are implying and by this observation it is though you are implying that Christ even cares about football I just have to remind you that: If you wrestle with a pig you both get dirty. To combine christianity with football only tarnishes christianity and reduces it to a trivial game like football.

I truly as a christ spirit loving person do not like that the christian faith is getting mixed up in football. Yes it is great that Tebow sets a good example, I do love that about him. However, I do not like that there may be a little boy out there who believes that becoming christian is going to make him a star athlete some day. I think people should have their faith and live it without the proselytizing as I see Tebow doing through his grand displays of faith, like getting down on a knee during/after plays. I just don't think these displays of faith would make the Lord Jesus so happy. Yes let your light shine, but with humility. Leave it for people to notice a small gesture such as what Troy Palomalu does after a play, when he quickly crosses himself, speak as to your faith. Not these grand, attention getting gestures of going down on the knee and waiting for everyone to watch. This makes the christianity part of it a target for the jokes that will be made and this sends more a message to the young person watching that may want to know about christiantiy. They may not want to be the butt of the jokes they hear being made about TeBow.

Also, if you tie Tebow's success too much to his christian faith how do you explain when he loses. Does this mean Christ is not all powerful. Be aware that this is how the Media works. They want to set Tebow up as the christian example so that when Denver loses they can say: Where is your God now? This is why I think it is a bad idea that Tebow and his christianity is being associated too much with football. Its all great when things are going well but how do you explain it when you quit winning?

dreamer
12th January 2012, 21:15
Texans year, cant stop us

BestLion
12th January 2012, 22:22
silly! what means more a 5 yr old cured from cancer or a touchdown pass?
A touchdown pass has no value beyond gambling or sports. Same as if I play poker a pray to jesus and hit a s strait flush.
This entire story is just appalling! I want nothing to do with that god!