PDA

View Full Version : Did I p*ss off an alien this morning? (Story and Questions)

Logan
10th January 2012, 14:41
Okay I may just be listening to too much Icke lately. I don't know, it's entirely possible. This is the story.

I was born in DC. I've lived here all my life. I also live in this suburb of DC that has a lot of upper-crusty wannabe "elite" sort of types. I also live about 20 minutes away from Langley. I think being a bit paranoid in this area is somewhat reasonable.

I don't really like the people in this neighborhood. I never have. There are occasionally some really nice people, but the vast majority are yuppies in Lexus', BMW's, Mercedes, etc etc. They are very materialistic sorts of people. They drive incredibly aggressively too for no reason. It floors me. They also get SO angry if they don't get their way in traffic.

Now I'm certain 99.9% of these people are just spoiled yuppie (insert swear word here) "people". I like to have fun with them occasionally because it is fun to see them squirm behind the wheel. What can I say? I grew up on the OTHER side of the tracks and I love to cause inconvenience to these soulless materialistic sorts of jerks. Usually I just passively box them in and do about 5 MPH below the speed limit while listening to Mozart. That does the trick most of the time.

Is that healthy behavior on my part? Probably not. It's something I am working on frankly, but until then.... let me get to the point.

This morning this person in a black BMW is doing the usual. Speeding at 60 MPH between red lights that are about 2 blocks apart in a 35 MPH zone.

They always do this sort of thing, speeding for no reason. I end up pulling up next to him in my glorious minivan. (I think it's a him, not sure frankly) So the light turns green and jerkface hits the gas. I hit the gas too just because I know it irritates him and his superior Nazi ass car to get smoked by a minivan. Of course we both end up at a redlight about 15 seconds later at which point I start openly mocking the guy and laughing.

Again... is this healthy behavior on my part? No. I get that. But it's funny to make fun of these people sometimes... a few years of living with them has worn on me.

Ok so I look over and I'm cracking up and mocking his need to drive fast. "Ahhh it's a race a raaaace! Oh no!" I'm smiling and this person just stares at me. Flat expression. Not anger, not anything. Just staring.

I'm like okay and I am laughing and talking to my wife. She's trying to get me to settle down and I do settle down. I love my wife. She keeps me from acting up. So I'm still cracking up and noting how the second the light turns he's just going to speed off. Predictable.

This person is still staring at me. Ok so I look over and I impersonate their face. Just this frumpy "HMPH" sort of face.

To the whole "alien" sort of thing that bugged me out though.... I'm looking at the person and they just didn't seem right. They were androgynous. I couldn't really tell you if it was a man or a woman. They had sunglasses on and they are just staring and staring at me. No eyebrows. That was really weird. I noticed that after mocking their staredown for a few seconds. My wife said it was a man. I say yeah there was a masculine bone structure in the jaws but I can't honestly say it was a man or a woman. I can't say either way.

Also the person was clearly pissed at me... but that is incredibly odd behavior to just stare flatly at me without changing expression or anything. They kept staring until the light turned green. This was about 2 minutes of staring. LOL what the heck man?

So anyway.... I wanted to document the experience here at PA.

It was probably nothing... but I'd like someone to tell me it's nothing. I got a bit weirded out by them and that is odd. Nothing really shakes me. I tend to be completely unflappable and this odd stare flapped me a bit. I won't lie.

WEIRD face. Very weird face. I wish I had a photo to share.

wolf_rt
10th January 2012, 14:49
It's nothing... if you want to rattle someone, stare 'through' them.. preferably with a little smirk set on your face.. lol

I used to have an old 70's hilux that i put a worked straight 6 engine in... with the gear ratios of a hilux it was a weapon.. up to about 50mph...lol
I had no end of fun, smoking people in there 50k cars...

you should have seen the look on this guys face (with G/F on passenger seat) when i kicked his arse of the line in his EVO7 lancer... hilarious... he must have gone past me doing about 100mph in a 35 zone once he got the turbo spooled up.....hehe.

Had to post a pic... i loved this ute. you can see why people were shocked!
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/wolf_rt/76lux.jpg

The poor old girl... have a tear in my eye now, looking at the pic... the alternator ended up falling out, so you'd have to charge the battery every day. The key died, so you had to start it with a screwdriver on the starter terminals, no handbrake so if you stalled it on a hill and couldn't roll back, you had to get the brick from out of the tray, put it under the front wheel, while you popped the bonnet and started it. bit embarrassing at the lights :-). the gear lever broke, so you had to jam a file in the shifter gate to change 1st and 2nd.. then swap to a screwdriver for 3/4th.. that slowed it up a bit...lol... it got locked in at a party and my mate drove it through the fence to get it out... and so goes the story of the 'bourbon pig'

WhiteFeather
10th January 2012, 14:50
SuperSoldier Wanna-Bees perhaps, or just PLF's, Programmed Life Forms. Hope you won the race. LoL

gooty64
10th January 2012, 14:55
Great story! Been there done that.

Do not irritate the lizzies!

And yes, very unhealthy.....your wife must think your nuts. lol

You will complete 1 extra 20 minute meditation each day for the next week.

Thank you.

Logan
10th January 2012, 15:12
Thanks Gooty!! I will do extra meditations. That sounds good to me.

I rarely act out like this anymore. I'm a husband and a father and I do my best to act accordingly. Sometimes though... this place gets to me.

What the hell happened to people being neighbors? I've never really known "neighbors". That's a myth to me. In DC no one makes eye contact.

ceetee9
10th January 2012, 15:34
This is off the topic, but I'm curious Logan, why if you've lived in DC all your life do you display an Icelandic flag, and why do you stay in an area where you dislike most of the people?

On topic, you are right, your behavior is not healthy and I speak from personal experience. I once got into a row with a driver in a van. I was on an entrance ramp when suddenly the car in front of me slowed down abruptly and I followed suit, no problem, but the van behind me apparently wasn't paying attention and locked up his brakes to keep from rear-ending me. Once we got on the highway, the van driver speeds up beside me and flips me off. So I return the friendly hand gesture and start yelling at him for being the dumb ass who wasn't paying attention and almost hit me. He then pulls in front of me and proceeds to lock up his brakes. Luckily I had a small car with very good brakes so I avoided hitting him, but now I'm pissed. So I speed up around him and start a road-rage situation (clearly not a smart thing to do--especially in rush hour traffic). My wife starts yelling at me to stop engaging him and to slow down (we were now doing 70-75 mph) when the van driver starts coming at me. Again, luckily there was no one in the right lanes next to us (I think they all backed off when they saw what was happening) so I kept moving right to keep from getting hit by this guy until there was no more road and I had to lock up my brakes to keep from going off the road. Anyway, my point is, playing games with cars is not a wise thing to do. There are people out there who will attempt to kill you if you piss them off too much. I'm just thankful the guy didn't have a gun because he was determined to run me off the road.

Logan
10th January 2012, 15:48
This is off the topic, but I'm curious Logan, why if you've lived in DC all your life do you display an Icelandic flag, and why do you stay in an area where you dislike most of the people?

1) My family is Icelandic.
2) I have family here and moving takes money, lots of it. I have a family to consider, I can't just uproot without my wife and I having jobs and relocation assistance.

boja
10th January 2012, 16:03
Playing silly b----s with cars is unhealthy.

There are a lot of psychos out there, who will KILL for less.

Be careful, my friend. PEACE.

alienHunter
10th January 2012, 16:18
Probably not relevant...but one time I was traveling down the highway at about my usual 85 in my somewhat flabby auto with smoke coming outta the engine and stuff and a BMW and Mercedes were running along side of and behind me....about that time both of 'em took off like they were shot out of a cannon...they must have been hitting 110. About 15 miles down the road the BMW was upside down in the ditch...I don't think anybody was hurt.

I swear I had an alien looking female follow/chase me for about 50 miles between Houston and Dallas...I don't get rattled either for the most part but I was about to call 911 when the car turned away. She reminded of the adolescent daughter in the 'Incredibles'...it was weird!

Okay I may just be listening to too much Icke lately. I don't know, it's entirely possible. This is the story.

I was born in DC. I've lived here all my life. I also live in this suburb of DC that has a lot of upper-crusty wannabe "elite" sort of types. I also live about 20 minutes away from Langley. I think being a bit paranoid in this area is somewhat reasonable.

I don't really like the people in this neighborhood. I never have. There are occasionally some really nice people, but the vast majority are yuppies in Lexus', BMW's, Mercedes, etc etc. They are very materialistic sorts of people. They drive incredibly aggressively too for no reason. It floors me. They also get SO angry if they don't get their way in traffic.

Now I'm certain 99.9% of these people are just spoiled yuppie (insert swear word here) "people". I like to have fun with them occasionally because it is fun to see them squirm behind the wheel. What can I say? I grew up on the OTHER side of the tracks and I love to cause inconvenience to these soulless materialistic sorts of jerks. Usually I just passively box them in and do about 5 MPH below the speed limit while listening to Mozart. That does the trick most of the time.

Is that healthy behavior on my part? Probably not. It's something I am working on frankly, but until then.... let me get to the point.

This morning this person in a black BMW is doing the usual. Speeding at 60 MPH between red lights that are about 2 blocks apart in a 35 MPH zone.

They always do this sort of thing, speeding for no reason. I end up pulling up next to him in my glorious minivan. (I think it's a him, not sure frankly) So the light turns green and jerkface hits the gas. I hit the gas too just because I know it irritates him and his superior Nazi ass car to get smoked by a minivan. Of course we both end up at a redlight about 15 seconds later at which point I start openly mocking the guy and laughing.

Again... is this healthy behavior on my part? No. I get that. But it's funny to make fun of these people sometimes... a few years of living with them has worn on me.

Ok so I look over and I'm cracking up and mocking his need to drive fast. "Ahhh it's a race a raaaace! Oh no!" I'm smiling and this person just stares at me. Flat expression. Not anger, not anything. Just staring.

I'm like okay and I am laughing and talking to my wife. She's trying to get me to settle down and I do settle down. I love my wife. She keeps me from acting up. So I'm still cracking up and noting how the second the light turns he's just going to speed off. Predictable.

This person is still staring at me. Ok so I look over and I impersonate their face. Just this frumpy "HMPH" sort of face.

To the whole "alien" sort of thing that bugged me out though.... I'm looking at the person and they just didn't seem right. They were androgynous. I couldn't really tell you if it was a man or a woman. They had sunglasses on and they are just staring and staring at me. No eyebrows. That was really weird. I noticed that after mocking their staredown for a few seconds. My wife said it was a man. I say yeah there was a masculine bone structure in the jaws but I can't honestly say it was a man or a woman. I can't say either way.

Also the person was clearly pissed at me... but that is incredibly odd behavior to just stare flatly at me without changing expression or anything. They kept staring until the light turned green. This was about 2 minutes of staring. LOL what the heck man?

So anyway.... I wanted to document the experience here at PA.

It was probably nothing... but I'd like someone to tell me it's nothing. I got a bit weirded out by them and that is odd. Nothing really shakes me. I tend to be completely unflappable and this odd stare flapped me a bit. I won't lie.

WEIRD face. Very weird face. I wish I had a photo to share.

crested-duck
10th January 2012, 16:23
I remember when road-rage used to leed to pulling over and having a fistfight to settle it. Nowdays too many idiots with guns and issues to deal with.

DreamsInDigital
10th January 2012, 16:29
I'm going to go with White Feather on this one. Bet it was one of those organic robots or something. But being in DC area, it's possible it's anything. That's one of the most heavily fortified "areas" for activity, other than New Mexico.

Logan
10th January 2012, 16:59
I rarely get into any sort of road rage thing. I might give a bit of road rage sometimes by daring to drive the speed limit next to another car driving the speed limit, thus causing folks behind me who wanna do 70MPH to be irritated. I'm guilty of that.

Again this is stuff I'm working on. I have always been a peaceful driver I feel until we moved down here. The aggressive driving here is insane and you cannot avoid it. It gets into my system. I do appreciate all the anecdotes and stories... there are definitely scary people out there.

kcbc2010
10th January 2012, 21:22
I totally relate to the aggressive driving. If you don't drive crazy in Detroit, then you won't get anywhere. Freaks my dad out all the time because he's from a different part of the state where life is a lot slower. When I was pregnant with my son, I drove very aggressively all the time. I was just a lot more intense with all the hormones and it would freak me because I'd find myself going "why did I just do that?" way too often because I just wouldn't think. I'd just go. Thankfully, my driving "improved" after my son was born.

Logan
10th January 2012, 23:05
My wife and son have done amazing things to me and for me in regards to personality.
I consider myself an incredibly nice and kind man who is stuck in a mean and dirty part of the world.

As such I have hardened a bit but that's only outside of my house. When I am home I can be me. I am calm, loving, honest, and I live for my family

Sometimes I get so angry at the drivers though. It feels like a personal affront even if I am not in direct danger. Sometimes
I am though

It is therapeutic getting these thoughts down here.

etm567
10th January 2012, 23:38

I won't say I'm afraid my neighbors are aliens, but I do the same not-so-smart thing at stop lights. Sometimes I just can't help myself! But this is the only time in my life that I've owned a car in which I can do that! And by "that," I mean, stop the bullies from tearing around me, just because they want to be "first."

I've been having a little trouble explaining this behavior to my daughter, who is learning to drive.... Monkey see, monkey do? I hope not.

ghostrider
10th January 2012, 23:50
my wife and I were in her camero z-28 the one with the LS-1 engine 385 hp. messed with the guy at the light, when it turned green I slowly pulled forward and he gunned it to race me and he bolted right in front of a policeman who pulled him over and I at 20 mph drove by and laughed my arse off. the wifey laughed harder than I did.

Logan
10th January 2012, 23:58
my wife and I were in her camero z-28 the one with the LS-1 engine 385 hp. messed with the guy at the light, when it turned green I slowly pulled forward and he gunned it to race me and he bolted right in front of a policeman who pulled him over and I at 20 mph drove by and laughed my arse off. the wifey laughed harder than I did.

I love it!

I won't say I'm afraid my neighbors are aliens, but I do the same not-so-smart thing at stop lights. Sometimes I just can't help myself! But this is the only time in my life that I've owned a car in which I can do that! And by "that," I mean, stop the bullies from tearing around me, just because they want to be "first."

I've been having a little trouble explaining this behavior to my daughter, who is learning to drive.... Monkey see, monkey do? I hope not.

I was definitely a bit tongue in cheek in regards to the alien remark. I don't REALLY think the guy/gal was an alien. The behavior was so odd to me though, it felt somewhat alien if that makes sense.