PDA

View Full Version : If there was no bad new to report, would people PANIC and start leaping off buildings

Vitalux
15th January 2012, 05:26
If there was no bad new to report, would people PANIC and start leaping off buildings?

I've noticed that most of society loves to dwell on the negative.

Walk into a store and strike up a conversation with most, and they will tell you ....the weather is terrible, too cold...too hot....its going to storm, or other doom and gloom.

Most of the threads on here often relate to doom and gloom.

In my way of thinking....The world is running.....exactly the way....the "Creators" wish it to run.

It's an amusement park.
http://clipart.coolclips.com/AGifm/tf05197/CoolClips_wb024790.gif

We are here to enjoy the ride

http://gifs.gifbin.com/082011/1314186282_diy_water_theme_park.gif

We can't change the weather so we might as well enjoy it!

Fear mongers prevail because for some strange reason we humans are attracted to gloom and doom like moths to a fire.

I wonder why that is? :confused:

Unified Serenity
15th January 2012, 06:55
I guess it's sort of like, why do people rubber neck at an auto accident? Or, you know you don't want to look but can't help it sort of thing. I'm not sure being aware of negative things is fear mongering, but shared misery makes lots of people feel together. That's why spreading a smile and helping when needed can bring such a lovely smile in return!

Do you never complain? I mean ever? Never have a disagreement with your family member and bring up X thing that bothers you? It a way to blow off steam and bring back some balance. I think a lot of people come here to Avalon where they feel safe talking about the problems in the world because they can't at home really. So, I read, listen, and post where it seems appropriate to me. Sometimes I am light hearted, sometimes I am cynical, other times are am down right doom and gloom. It just depends on the piece I am working on or what thread I am responding to. Thanks for this one though, it's a nice time out.

The Arthen
15th January 2012, 07:10
It's important to remain optimistic, however - I wouldn't go all cockeyed optimistic if I were you.

Optimism could mean a ****load of different things to different people going through different phases in their different lives.

It all depends on the situation. Sometimes, what is viewed as negative - can be actually positive. You just don't see it that far yet.
And of course, vice-versa.

The real amusement park contains BOTH. You can't just say "Oh, negativity is an amusement park, and positivity is heaven."

It's kinda like duality. You have those who have a very limited interpretation of duality and non-duality, based on what they went through in life.
It is important not to indulge in duality to a point it just overwhelms you into chaos.
BUT, it is equally important to realize that just because you don't believe in duality, doesn't mean everything is MAGICALLY going to be "A-OK, BUDDY!".

I still think that most people in general need to up their bar of their interpretation of these things.

One can never classify them so simply.

And goddamn it, I hate Cockeyed Positive Heroes. ;)

The Arthen
15th January 2012, 07:12
It's important to remain optimistic, however - I wouldn't go all cockeyed optimistic if I were you.

Optimism could mean a ****load of different things to different people going through different phases in their different lives.

It all depends on the situation. Sometimes, what is viewed as negative - can be actually positive. You just don't see it that far yet.
And of course, vice-versa.

The real amusement park contains BOTH. You can't just say "Oh, negativity is an amusement park, and positivity is heaven."

It's kinda like duality. You have those who have a very limited interpretation of duality and non-duality, based on what they went through in life.
It is important not to indulge in duality to a point it just overwhelms you into chaos.
BUT, it is equally important to realize that just because you don't believe in duality, doesn't mean everything is MAGICALLY going to be "A-OK, BUDDY!".

I still think that most people in general need to up their bar of their interpretation of these things.

One can never classify them so simply.

And goddamn it, I hate Cockeyed Positive Heroes. ;)

Unified Serenity
15th January 2012, 07:16
Thanks Arthen! I guess I just take things as they come, wring em out, look and examine over and over, and for many the topics I find most fascinating are quite disturbing to some here on Avalon. So, I enjoyed this thread. I do think sometimes it's easy to get into a rut as I dig in some deep holes. It's one reason my frequent visits outdoors with my partner and perfect doggie help so much. I connect and recharge there. I feel you in your answer.

Thanks

The Arthen
15th January 2012, 07:35
It's one reason my frequent visits outdoors with my partner and perfect doggie help so much. I connect and recharge there. I feel you in your answer.

Thanks

Me too, nothing beats having a leisurely time outdoors to just "re-connect".

And because you felt me, I felt you! So thank you.

Vitalux
15th January 2012, 07:50
I know for me, I have been doing a great deal of soul searching for many months.
Like the weather my attitudes tend to change with my moods.

Take for example yesterday (Saturday), I was at a cash register line and sparked up some conversation with the cashier girl.
Not matter what topic I brought up, she started talking negative.

This was an example:

Me: " I just adore the new remodeling your store has had. It looks so clean, organized and bright" ;)

her: " Well it is actually very disorganized, most shoppers complain they no longer can find things" :(

me; " We in a way that is good because it allows folks to discover new things while they search, and its good to exercise the mind" ;)

her; " Well I liked it better the old way":(

me; " Isn't it beautiful outside with all that new fresh snow, it looks so magical" ;)

her: " Oh it is terrible, all that ice and snow, I had to clean off my car before work today and it is so cold, it is suppose to go down to minus 16 tonight" :(

me; " Oh, well the good thing about winter and the cold is it gives the trees a rest so they can bloom better in the spring, good for Maple syrup is good to during harvest from the trees if they have a good cold part of winter" ;)

her; " I hate cold weather"

me ;" well we can't change the weather, but we can toboggan down the snowy hills and make the best of it.

her;" Did you hear that 600 hydro workers got laid off their jobs, isn't that terrible?

me; " Well I am sure that it will be an adjustment, however the good part is that they can go tobogganing and enjoy some activities while they are off work".

she looked at me as if I was trying to mock her and then just politely handed me my change as she turned to help the next customer in line.

My thoughts are that whoever is actually running this program called life, for the big part, technology, Geo-politics, it is not us in control.
It has taken me a lifetime to understand that we are simply on a kind of Farris Wheel on Earth. We didn't create this machine we are on, we are just riding it.
Might as well sit back and enjoy it , rather than be miserable.

crosby
15th January 2012, 08:58
i think it's what is known as conditioned response. we have been programmed to think that we are unworthy of anything 'good'. it's a struggle that i see everyday where i work. out of 100 customers, i will say that maybe 15 (and sometimes, not that many) are exuding a happy core. they smile and partake in casual conversations with store employees. the rest are miserable. and these are the ones that want everyone else to be miserable with them..... it's a real slipknot..... i do my best as a person who works with the public, to make everyones' day as nice as possible. it doesn't always work, but, hey, that's their bad news, not mine. sometimes it gets to me though.
regards, corson

Chumley
15th January 2012, 10:34
Maybey its because too much good news makes some people feel inadequate because its not happening to them. Bad news may make them feel lucky its not happening to them either.:confused:

T Smith
15th January 2012, 14:30
If there was no bad new to report, would people PANIC and start leaping off buildings?

In my way of thinking....The world is running.....exactly the way....the "Creators" wish it to run.
[CENTER]It's an amusement park.
http://clipart.coolclips.com/AGifm/tf05197/CoolClips_wb024790.gif

We are here to enjoy the ride

http://gifs.gifbin.com/082011/1314186282_diy_water_theme_park.gif

I kinda agree, except I would modify this just a little: The world is running.....exactly the way....the "Controllers" wish it to run.
And yes, it's an amusement park!

The question is, are we okay with this, as sentient and divine beings of our own creation? In any case, I wholeheartedly believe that exploring this question doesn't have to be doom and gloom or negative. It's part of the way the Creators wish it to run!

Operator
15th January 2012, 15:50
People seem to have a need to 'fix' things otherwise they get bored, hence everything must look 'broken'.

Recently I asked myself why there permanently is a government ... once there is a constitution it should cover all things right ?
Wrong ! Governments are our every day example handling ongoing (created) crisis to take care that people won't go around
some of their rules and stay on top of everything ...

If you model a world that way it will become that way.

Unified Serenity
15th January 2012, 15:57
It also gives us something to complain about and not actually take responsibility on our own.... Gov't is like big daddy.... IT"S HIS FAULT!

nf857
15th January 2012, 16:01
He he yes love this however negative/postive emotions are not all we are, they are just part of what they are, so however we express our emotions, though anger, happiness, laughter, tears, frustration, excitement, nervousness, confidence we are all here on this planet right now and mother earth relishes in all emotion as she herself expresses all these too. Its not some grand plan by the elite, its whats happened since the dawn of time. Admittley they can control out emotions through separate guises, however it never could effect the whole-ever at one time. Life can be compared to a rollercoaster with or without some PTB, as we have done for centuries.

Take for instance ive just been debating on somebody's elses view/belief on the spirituality forum, they have turned their own beliefs back on me in anger as i was merely pointing out that any one beleif system is flawed and even a beleif that is made up from many sources its still flawed as its still just one beleif, that can't be measured or proven, apart from by 'thyself' which is in itself flawed x

nf857
15th January 2012, 16:06
Maybey its because too much good news makes some people feel inadequate because its not happening to them. Bad news may make them feel lucky its not happening to them either.

Thats a great analogy, but not everybody watches the news so doesnt apply to everybody, i myself hate the news, because it is mostly doom and gloom and it upsets my equilibrium, thats not to say i can't handle it, as im fully aware of what goes on through my partner who gives me the daily run-down, i just dont like to watch the images of it is all. I think for a world to be balanced we need good and bad on it, otherwise if it was all one-sided in the positive we would all fall off lol x

jackovesk
15th January 2012, 16:27
"If there was no bad new to report, would people PANIC and start leaping off buildings"

Bogus thread title IMHO...

The Majority of Humanity whether it be on a Conscious/Subconscious level are just 'Crying Out' for the 'Truth' and the ones who are'nt, are happy to just drift along mindlessly swimming in La La Land co-creating their own serfdom...