PDA

View Full Version : The Robins are back too early

crested-duck
17th January 2012, 16:15
Here in NC it seems to me that many birds are returning way too early this year. The Robins are usually my first sign that spring has returned. But normally I do'nt start seeing flocks of them till March, when the dogwood's start blooming. The same has been true for the red winged blackbirds also. They are already back too, along with the blackbirds or krackle's.There has been a lonely big foot coot, and a pair of mergansers staying on the pond with our flock of ducks since mid December. I find all this odd and not normal . Have others noticed anything like this also? Please add what you've seen and what part of country you're in- thanks

Earth Angel
17th January 2012, 16:18
my cat develops a huge Lion King type fur collar each winter, then in March it starts to come off leaving her bald before a new shorter summer collar comes in.......its started already......we are in southern ontario where we should expect at least 2 more months of winter.......so that is odd.

spiritguide
17th January 2012, 17:41
Here in the southern Minnesota area it is unusually warm for Jan. (usually -10F ave.), this year it is averaging about +30F. No snow cover and usually 5' deep at least. No hard ice on lakes which are solidly frozen at about a foot thick at this time of year. To me this portends drought this spring and a poor crop. Sun's radiance is unusually strong also. Only 7 weeks till the March equinox also. The trees are also stressed due to this climate change. Individual observation here.

:peace:

Fixed the time travel bit.... just wishing... lol

modwiz
17th January 2012, 17:43
Here in the southern Minnesota area it is unusually warm for Feb. (usually -10F ave.), this year it is averaging about +30F. No snow cover and usually 5' deep at least. No hard ice on lakes which are solidly frozen at about a foot thick at this time of year. To me this portends drought this spring and a poor crop. Sun's radiance is unusually strong also. Only 7 weeks till the March equinox also. The trees are also stressed due to this climate change. Individual observation here.

Where I am it is still January.

It has been a mild Winter. Lower heating bills versus higher maple syrup costs. I think I use more fuel than syrup. I have let Gaia know (Nature is the only ritual work I do) we need a few weeks of frigid for the trees. Things are not regular right now. Coping will be called for.

DreamsInDigital
17th January 2012, 17:46
The Warmer weather/ milder winter is being caused by the pole shift we're experiencing right now.

EnergyGardener
17th January 2012, 17:49
Here in the southern Minnesota area it is unusually warm for Feb. (usually -10F ave.), this year it is averaging about +30F. No snow cover and usually 5' deep at least. No hard ice on lakes which are solidly frozen at about a foot thick at this time of year. To me this portends drought this spring and a poor crop. Sun's radiance is unusually strong also. Only 7 weeks till the March equinox also. The trees are also stressed due to this climate change. Individual observation here.

Where I am it is still January.

Modwiz, Perhaps, Spiritguide let it slip: He's a time traveler. Now we know to expect more of the same.

latte
17th January 2012, 17:51
Itʻs Jan here as well, but I saw a robin yesterday too. Just one, but it was a bit odd to see one so early. The crocus in my garden are showing themselves early as well. These are both signs of spring that I donʻt expect to see until March.

A friend just gave me some tulip bulbs, guess I better get them in right away!

modwiz
17th January 2012, 17:58
Itʻs Jan here as well, but I saw a robin yesterday too. Just one, but it was a bit odd to see one so early. The crocus in my garden are showing themselves early as well. These are both signs of spring that I donʻt expect to see until March.

A friend just gave me some tulip bulbs, guess I better get them in right away!

Robins in January is highly unusual. Magnetic fluctuations must be messing with them as well.

kcbc2010
17th January 2012, 18:29
I'm in SE Michigan (and, yes, it's still January here too!) Snow is usually melted w/in a day or two. We haven't had any snow days for the kiddos yet either. Normally, it isn't anywhere near 40 degrees F, but the temperatures have been fluctuating wildly. It rains a lot and usually the precipitation would be snow. I'm used to pulling out the snow shovel by now! I've also seen a lot of baby/"suicidal" squirrels out and about on the roadway. Usually, you don't see the squirrels until spring time.

I'm glad you asked the question because I was wondering if there were any unusual bird migrations this year because of the weird weather we are having.

blufire
17th January 2012, 18:34
I have noted many ‘out of the ordinary’ nature events the last 5 years in my journal I have been keeping. These unusual occurrences have increasing startling so. My feeling is they will continue to increase through 2013 and then we will be on the downhll side . . . but in no way out of the woods. I feel we will have 10 to 15 years after the apex of 2013.

We will have to adjust many things in our physical lives as well as how we work within nature and the ‘new’ earth. I’m not talking about some big time pole shift, what I see is very subtle and slow but very dramatic in how our lives and living are affected.

Something I’d like to give people a heads up on is gardening and growing will be greatly affected. We haven’t had cold enough weather for many seeds or emerging plants to go through a vernalization period. Basically many plants have to go through 6 to 8 weeks of very cold weather for them to grown properly. I have already started putting many of my new perennials and seed I will plant this early spring through a forced vernalization time.

Growing gardens will be a challenge the next few years making access to healthy food more of a challenge than ever. Adapt and listen to ‘Big Momma’ . . . . . .

And oh . . . . in the animal department . . . . my German Shepard usually has a very thick luxurious undercoat by this time of year and she still has her summer coat.

DreamsInDigital
17th January 2012, 18:38
Not all pole shifts are dramatic, most of the time they happen gradually over a period of time. And, I'm not just pulling that out of my hat, these weather patterns we're experiencing, the magnetic field fluctuations, etc. Are all hard scientific evidence and proof that this is what is happening and why these weather patterns etc are being caused. It's indisputable.

STATIC
17th January 2012, 18:41
On the lake shore in Michigan.
My dog went for a swim in a lake with no ice at 55F a few days ago. Felt like spring.
Very strange weather lately. Now it's snowing again.

13th Warrior
17th January 2012, 18:42
This is an increasing trend that has been observed for over a decade now...

Yes, bird behavior has been changing; some ducks and geese no longer migrate and other migratory species have been spotted much earlier than normally expected.

Garlic farmers are having problems with growing their crops...

Lake levels have dropped and are slow to recover due to shortened number of days of ice cover during winter months that prevents rapid evaporation...

ghostrider
17th January 2012, 18:44
here in oklahoma we had 73 degrees yesterday , and 25 today. it's normally around 45 this time of year. it hasn't been steady at all in 2012.

ghostrider
17th January 2012, 18:53
the pole shift is affecting the jet stream it's all out of whack, taking warm air north, where it should be cold. I think the entire U.S. has shifted south. also moved the ocean floor sand and caused that cruise ship to tip over , the sea bed is moving also. we had natts and wasp out on monday with 73 degrees should have been 40.

Eagle
17th January 2012, 19:12
Here in Utah it has averaged around 50 with very little snow fall, by this time every year we are buried in cold and snow, remember the 2002 winter Olympics, that is why they call it the "greatest snow on earth" not this year!

MorningSong
17th January 2012, 19:17
I talked to my mom in the NC Triad area on Sunday and she told me that the neighbor's apricot trees are blooming and are covered with bees! Normally these trees bloom in late February-early March.

Here in my neck of the woods, in the northern central Alps, we have had a very mild winter so far with no snow at all (but not near as mild as in 2004-5 when my calendula, azaleas and running roses bloomed all winter non-stop). The temperatures might get up to the 20's Celcius during the day with very warm sunshine and fall 10-15° just as soon as the sun sets behind the mountains. I am still harvesting broccoli and brussel sprouts I planted in July. My spring bulbs (Crocus' and Narcisis') are popping up here and there in my flower garden. All of the plants in my herb garden are still wonderfully green (origano, hyssop, melissa, thyme, rocket, sage and rosmary). Garlic and onions set out in November are about 7 inches tall already.

As of last night, we are having a very cold spell: this morning it was -7° C and everything was covered in white frost!

Davy
17th January 2012, 19:18
Here in Tennessee it is unusually mild winter also, this morning was 54 we have had one snow fall that was just a dusting to a few inches in the mountains and this past summer was extremely hot, I bet this summer will be even more extreme. I too think it has something to do with the pole shift.

blufire
17th January 2012, 19:24
This is an increasing trend that has been observed for over a decade now...

Yes, bird behavior has been changing; some ducks and geese no longer migrate and other migratory species have been spotted much earlier than normally expected.

Garlic farmers are having problems with growing their crops...

Lake levels have dropped and are slow to recover due to shortened number of days of ice cover during winter months that prevents rapid evaporation...

Perfect example of a plant that needs to be vernalized . . . . . . . my bulbs went into the fridge turned at lowest setting 6 weeks last fall before I planted them.

Can’t live without my garlic . . . . .

crested-duck
17th January 2012, 22:38
Thanks for the replies so far. Thought maybe I was having early dimensia from the chemtrails. Glad it was'nt dimensia, and I'm not losing my mind. When I was a little kid , used to tell my mom that the world was like a basketball spinning on gods finger, and if we take too much oil from one side, and too much coal from the other, we would start to wobble and fall off his finger. Guess I sort of knew where we we're heading all along. I want to mention that the weather-vane installed 3 yrs ago is now showing N is off by almost 10 degrees according to the same compass used to install it.

HORIZONS
18th January 2012, 00:34
The ... milder winter is being caused by the pole shift we're experiencing right now.

Actually it is being caused by La Niña - but this condition should begin to subside next month.

The GWO forecast calls for La Nina conditons to continue into January 2012, then begin weakening in February and March.
http://www.globalweathercycles.com/elninoforecastgwo.html

A new La Niña episode developed quite quickly in the eastern and central tropical Pacific in mid-2010,[4] and lasted until early 2011.[1] It intensified again in the mid-2011 and is predicted to last at least until early 2012[5] This La Niña, combined with record-high ocean temperatures in the north-eastern Indian Ocean, has been a large factor in the 2010–2011 Queensland floods,[6] and the quartet of recent heavy snowstorms in North America starting with the December 2010 North American blizzard. The same La Niña event is also a likely cause of a series of tornadoes of above-average severity that struck the Midwestern and Northwestern United States in the spring of 2011, and is currently a major factor in the drought conditions persisting in the South Central states including Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. [7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Niña

DreamsInDigital
18th January 2012, 04:15
Thanks for the replies so far. Thought maybe I was having early dimensia from the chemtrails. Glad it was'nt dimensia, and I'm not losing my mind. When I was a little kid , used to tell my mom that the world was like a basketball spinning on gods finger, and if we take too much oil from one side, and too much coal from the other, we would start to wobble and fall off his finger. Guess I sort of knew where we we're heading all along. I want to mention that the weather-vane installed 3 yrs ago is now showing N is off by almost 10 degrees according to the same compass used to install it.
It's off because of the Pole Shift and also the Magnetic Field is thinning right now. Which is causing all kinds of havoc with magnetic based and geomagnetic based things. The migration of the whales, dolphins , sharks etc. are even being effected.

The ... milder winter is being caused by the pole shift we're experiencing right now.Actually it is being caused by La Niña - but this condition should begin to subside next month.
Nope, not La-Nina, it's a POLE SHIFT. The actual North Pole , the physical one is aligning with the magnetic one which is currently over Siberia. There is far to much evidence supporting this to be fact, good part of it here in this thread. Also Dunchsince posted information about this being a pole shift. My uncle who is an Geophysicist, and multiple other Geophysicist the world over, says Pole Shift. The behavior of the Jet Stream says Pole Shift, all of it points to a pole shift, you just don't know how to read the evidence. I can agree that we're currently in a La Nina year, but this is not what is causing all the milder weather, the weather veins to be off, the compasses and other magnetic direction indicators, the jet stream, the animals. The unusually high amounts of earth quakes specially around the poles etc. It just is happening very very slowly. It's a complete misnomer to think that pole shifts are quick and dramatic. Even those pesky scientist at NASA are saying this is a Pole Shift. The movement of the stars, and planets in the night sky say Pole Shift.

Rahkyt
18th January 2012, 04:47
I'm told it's really strange and warm weather here in Quebec also, although we've had a couple of nice snow storms recently, the rest of the winter has been extra-warm. Last year was supposed to be the warmest in quite a while, but this year has shaped up to be even warmer, from what I've been told.

Douglass
18th January 2012, 04:55
the cat avatar is awesome. :)

applejax
18th January 2012, 07:27
honestly though, the past 4 years i've noticed the changes in bird behavior. during winter time, whenever i wait for my daughter's class to start, i would sit outside with her and look up. (i look up in the sky a lot, so i can recall some times as a teenager of what i saw in the sky) i'm sure we all know that birds fly south for the winter (as we've learned in the past). however, they've been flying north/northeast lately. then at the last possible minute, they finally fly south for the winter (although i think for some, it's too late). to me it's pretty weird.

the winter has been pretty mild here in the sf bay area. lately it's been getting pretty cold, but this is what we want...not to let it feel like it's spring already.

sygh
18th January 2012, 07:44
I too am in NC right on the coast, and I've seem the forsythia blooming right now, not right -way too soon. And our daffodils are coming up like a month early too. I saw a cameleon sunning on a gord I had drying on the ground in December! What the????

sygh
18th January 2012, 07:49
It's off because of the Pole Shift and also the Magnetic Field is thinning right now. Which is causing all kinds of havoc with magnetic based and geomagnetic based things. The migration of the whales, dolphins , sharks etc. are even being effected.

The ... milder winter is being caused by the pole shift we're experiencing right now.Actually it is being caused by La Niña - but this condition should begin to subside next month.
Nope, not La-Nina, it's a POLE SHIFT. The actual North Pole , the physical one is aligning with the magnetic one which is currently over Siberia. There is far to much evidence supporting this to be fact, good part of it here in this thread. Also Dunchsince posted information about this being a pole shift. My uncle who is an Geophysicist, and multiple other Geophysicist the world over, says Pole Shift. The behavior of the Jet Stream says Pole Shift, all of it points to a pole shift, you just don't know how to read the evidence. I can agree that we're currently in a La Nina year, but this is not what is causing all the milder weather, the weather veins to be off, the compasses and other magnetic direction indicators, the jet stream, the animals. The unusually high amounts of earth quakes specially around the poles etc. It just is happening very very slowly. It's a complete misnomer to think that pole shifts are quick and dramatic. Even those pesky scientist at NASA are saying this is a Pole Shift. The movement of the stars, and planets in the night sky say Pole Shift.

Gonna have to agree with the pole shift here. Would love to be wrong, most especially if it's a nasty turn of events.

lightwalker
18th January 2012, 13:08
Robins have been adapting to the planet changes and some of them do not go south. If there is enough food and they are also changing how and what they eat they will stay around. They usually go into nearby woods. I have seen Robins in January here in Ct for a number of years now. The same with the geese that stay in winter.....all because of food source. Another thing is we do have animals and birds changing.....Bluejays were once deep woods birds, opposums were once only in the south.

So, not to worry, if they are adapting then maybe it means we are too. It is good that you are noticing these changes.

lightwalker

13th Warrior
18th January 2012, 15:28

You have been beating this drum pretty hard; it seems you are completely convinced?

You are saying the magnetic pole is aligning with true north; what's your proof of this?

Here is a chart for the magnetic declination for this area for the past 100 years; this says the exact opposite of what you are saying:

For those whom may not know, the magnetic declination is the measured angular offset of true north(pole axis of rotation) with that of magnetic north; this angle varies depending on your location on Earth.

solosthere
18th January 2012, 15:55
Gardeners have been noticing this for yrs now but this yr it is far more obvious. Im in Chicago and I have daffs coming up and my friends lenten rose is in full bloom. That typically isnt till late feb for the lenten roses and mid march for the daffs. I have also noticed that the buds on my maples and viburnium are already swelling. Its way to early for these plants to be waking up already. Oh ya i have crous about to open up too!!!!!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

i forgot the robins never left this yr i have seen them all winter

solosthere
18th January 2012, 16:04
I cant speak of a pole shift all i can say is that i have noticed the compass in my car is off i figured it was messed up. So i got anoter 1 that i have for backpacking and compared the 2 they are the same. Explain that?????? I cant!!!!!!!

jackovesk
18th January 2012, 16:25
Here in NC it seems to me that many birds are returning way too early this year. The Robins are usually my first sign that spring has returned. But normally I do'nt start seeing flocks of them till March, when the dogwood's start blooming. The same has been true for the red winged blackbirds also. They are already back too, along with the blackbirds or krackle's.There has been a lonely big foot coot, and a pair of mergansers staying on the pond with our flock of ducks since mid December. I find all this odd and not normal . Have others noticed anything like this also? Please add what you've seen and what part of country you're in- thanks

Its 2012, expect the unexpected...

HORIZONS
19th January 2012, 01:37

OK, I'm open minded - do you have any data to back up your claim? and I'm not talking about New Age ideology or channeled stuff, but real factual data supporting your claim? I have been personally monitoring the la nina and el nino weather patterns for years now - this is how I can forecast the winter or summer seasons with good actuary - this is factual data, and it has a good track record - it works. Now maybe a pole shift is coming into play as well (?) - I just haven't seen any data to support this theory, other than New Age 2012 prophetic - the world is going to flip - stuff, and that just aint going to cut it for me. I do see that there is some climate changes going on, but there has always been a ebb and flow of climate changes over the years - this is a very natural process. Does a pole shift come into play? I don't know - but I'd like too. Please share your knowledge!

vansak
4th February 2012, 07:31
everyone I know that this is going to be extremely hard to swallow but I more or less predicted all of this back last summer including the liklihood of extremely warm temperatures due to an ongoing escalating assault leveraging microwaves & other frequencies but more importantly I recognized how & why these birds are experiencing very unusual behavior traits. This will sound equally far-fetched but they are being used as a major subconscious catalyst via the spastic & disruptive sonic frequencies they are omitting to scientifically invoke genetic transformation across the human race. Keep in mind once this transformation becomes public knowledge the cat is already out of the bag with regard to how it's being invoked, who is responsible, & what the symptoms are of onset. Please even if you're not buying into any of this now take a look at what I've posted on another thread as it brings relevancy to what most of you have commented on in this thread. Take care, VanSak
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?28040-Strong-indication-that-Jordan-Maxwells-claims-of-mutation-of-humanity-is-in-effect&p=419367#post419367

Lost Soul
4th February 2012, 17:06
San Francisco has been having summer weather for a while.

Sidney
4th February 2012, 17:57
End of January, and my daffodil bulbs are 7 inches out of the ground, southern IL. January!!!! KRAZEE

Selene
4th February 2012, 18:02
Horizons, you asked:

OK, I'm open minded - do you have any data to back up your claim? and I'm not talking about New Age ideology or channeled stuff, but real factual data supporting your claim?

If I may presume to contribute to the answer to your question to DreamsInDigital, the best real-time and factual poleshift and earth changes data can be found at a number of sources:

• Best aggregation and archives of earth changes and poleshift data is probably http://poleshift.ning.com/ Members of the ning have an – ahem – firm point of view, but the data and homework here is excellent. You can sign up for a weekly newsletter as well.

• DutchSinse’s YouTube channel is also a superb resource. He does wonderful work recording and extracting earth data. http://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse?feature=g-all-bul

• Raw magnetosphere and solar wind data can be found at a Japanese site: Real Time Magnetosphere Simulation: http://www2.nict.go.jp/y/y223/simulation/realtime/index.html Most of the time, the red and blue magnetic polarity lines look pretty “normal” here, but sometimes the captures can show twists in weird and extraordinary ways. Best intro is here, http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blogs/magnetic-twist-and-the-effects
but see also the Poleshift.ning FAQ's

• And, of course, the US Government Geological Service earthquake site http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ can provide up-to-the-minute quake reports and has a searchable database.

Hope this helps.

And thank you all for your reports. Yeah, it’s different out there, that’s for sure….

Cheers,

Selene

crested-duck
4th February 2012, 23:29
Been listening to crickets chirping for over a week now. Have'nt seen any turtles in the pond yet . Ducks have started laying eggs again. Guess it's time to get some new straw and put the floating duck -condo back in the water. It accomodates 8 females with seperated nesting areas . The big-foot Coot is still here too. Chickweed is growing like crazy, clover is taking off also. Few dandylions flowering here and there. Tiger lillies are coming out the ground alreaddy. Swamp maples are covered in red buds, dogwoods buds are getting big .Pretty much every tree is budding, but no leaves yet. Cedars are still in somewhat brown stage, but showing new groth.

crested-duck
21st February 2012, 18:52
Update-last week was very warm near 60's on Saturday. Woke up to wind blowing and temp dropping early Sunday, then bones started acheing bad and by dark it was snowing like crazy. Mon . morn went outside to feed animals with sunshine , snow covered ground and crickets chirping-it was surreal! Cannot remember ever experienceing that before, Snow was all gone by nightfall . Tuesday up into 50's . Duck/Goose season has been over about a month now. Every year one or two badly injured find their way to my pond away from where people hunt farm ponds not too far away. Only one goose this year made it to safety here after being shot down and escapeing half paralised. I do'nt particularly like geese, but it's welcome here in the pond full of misfits . The big foot Coot that arrived injured in Dec. is still here and thriveing, it acts like and thinks it's a duck. I hope a mate for it shows up sometime in the near future , it cannot fly anymore either.

tonyp
21st February 2012, 19:17
I saw a robin in my garden couple of months back...always a delight whenever they appear

gypsybutterflykiss
21st February 2012, 22:25
Yesterday, I heard a song bird singing. It was a summer bird; I'm not sure which kind, I've not got an advanced knowledge of birds. What I do know is that it is not a bird that sticks around for winters in Alberta. I spend a lot of time out doors. The weather has been incredibly mild. Everytime I venture to the gardens beneath the trees I hope I'm not going to yet see spring bulbs poking through the earth. We must be due for a cold snap! What strikes me as even more odd, is the snow. Whenever we do get a skiffling the shape and texture is just not right. It looks like tiny hail dots and even has some tiny neon green dots within it. Its sketchy! Probably manipulated.. But, I just do all I can and get lost in the moment of the odd, seemly un-natural beauty of the moment. :)

~gypsy

solosthere
21st February 2012, 22:31
At the end of last month I heard a cardinal singing his mating song, it way to early they dont normally sing this song until late march early april around here and the squirrells are playing chase already!!!!!

humanalien
21st February 2012, 23:15
I have one dandelion growing in my front yard already.....