PDA

View Full Version : New Age Tech Already Here?

drizzt
19th January 2012, 02:15
CORNING OH MY!!!! IS IT REALLY HERE? (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38&vq=medium)

THIS VIDEO IS AWESOME. THE TECH MIGHT HAVE ALREADY BEEN HERE AND NOW WE MIGHT ACTUALLY SEE IT.

REALLY EXPENSIVE MAYBE?

COMPUTERS RUNNING ON GLASS AND CAN BE TRANSPORTED FROM ONE AREA TO ANOTHER.

Paladin14
19th January 2012, 03:12
yes
mTVPVobDrms

cheez_2806
19th January 2012, 04:22
WOW....that just blew me away....
but its still nice feel things with my own senses rather than always seeing it through a glass panel....

chancy
19th January 2012, 04:32
Hello Everyone: I am sure that there is so much high tech toys out there that we couldn't finish watching all the advertising in a year BUT as you can see we never get it unless it's extremely expensive.
I remember when I was a kid we were always told that by the time we were adults there would be no cars unless they were flying above the roads. You can see that never came about.
When the calculators from texas instrument came out they were $120 each. Everyone wanted one because it could add,subtract, divide and multiply. To us it was unbelievable to actually not have to do it in our head or on paper.
To get all the toys in the advertisement by corning would take a thousand years even though it's available since cost would make it prohibitive.
One of my friends works for one of the largest computer chip manufacturers on the planet. When he started with them 20 - 25 years ago he had one computer. Now he has 10 computers and 20 employees under him all expected to do 100% more work each day than when he started. Yes, they track the performance of each employee and work output. It's gone up by over 100% per day and always expected to do more work in an 8 hour day. Computers are a wonderful invention but as we were told when they made their debut we would only be working a 3 day week in the years to come. Look how that came to bite us in the butt!
I'm definitely not a negative person. In fact, I am so optomistic that I find reality hasn't treated us all well even though technology is doubling at least every year or less.
Maybe we will all get all the high tech toys and at a cheap price.
chancy

drizzt
21st January 2012, 02:49
Hello Everyone: I am sure that there is so much high tech toys out there that we couldn't finish watching all the advertising in a year BUT as you can see we never get it unless it's extremely expensive.
I remember when I was a kid we were always told that by the time we were adults there would be no cars unless they were flying above the roads. You can see that never came about.
When the calculators from texas instrument came out they were $120 each. Everyone wanted one because it could add,subtract, divide and multiply. To us it was unbelievable to actually not have to do it in our head or on paper.
To get all the toys in the advertisement by corning would take a thousand years even though it's available since cost would make it prohibitive.
One of my friends works for one of the largest computer chip manufacturers on the planet. When he started with them 20 - 25 years ago he had one computer. Now he has 10 computers and 20 employees under him all expected to do 100% more work each day than when he started. Yes, they track the performance of each employee and work output. It's gone up by over 100% per day and always expected to do more work in an 8 hour day. Computers are a wonderful invention but as we were told when they made their debut we would only be working a 3 day week in the years to come. Look how that came to bite us in the butt!
I'm definitely not a negative person. In fact, I am so optomistic that I find reality hasn't treated us all well even though technology is doubling at least every year or less.
Maybe we will all get all the high tech toys and at a cheap price.
chancy

well when the tech gets under $100 then i might be able to buy something.