PDA

View Full Version : Any input on strange experience while giving a massage?

mysticalmary
19th January 2012, 04:45
Hi All,
I have been practicing as a professional massage therapist for 5 years, along with some energy work, and today I had an unusual experience that I would appreciate feedback on. I was working with a new client, everything was normal, I started to get some 'tones' in my left ear but that happens frequently. Soon after I had a sensation of something cold and wet between my eye brows, going down part of my nose and onto part of my cheek. It came on so quick it caught me off guard and I brushed my forearm over my face to see if it was indeed wet, which of course it wasn't. After a minute or two it faded and disappeared. After the massage I went to the bathroom to wash up and when I looked up into the mirror I saw something that made me startle and do a double take and swiftly turn around. I think it was a 'shadow' moving past me, but I was the only one around besides my client who was still in the room. So all of this added up to strangeness for me. I don't have any fear but I am curious as to what that could have been. It does concern me a little that the sensation was over my third eye. Any ideas or opinions? Thank you for your input!

shadowstalker
19th January 2012, 04:49
I see shadows and ppl in the mirror on a quick note all the time, I also see folks that look like my kids go by even when they hadn't moved from me. they seem like echos.

mysticalmary
19th January 2012, 19:16
Thank you shadowstalker I appreciate the input. Now to work on getting over any fear that I have of the darkness..

Simonm
19th January 2012, 23:23
Had a Turkish bath and massage recently in Turkey. The sauna, bath were exquisite. However the massage was he'll on earth. Never again will I ever have a massage. Left me in bleeding agony for days.

Flash
20th January 2012, 06:46
Had a Turkish bath and massage recently in Turkey. The sauna, bath were exquisite. However the massage was he'll on earth. Never again will I ever have a massage. Left me in bleeding agony for days.

Turkish massages can be like this, they are litterally beating up your body. Not all massages are like this, on the contrary. But very good ones will work in deep tissus and can uncover quite a lot of pain, for your good (after it feels great). Ask Modwiz.

applejax
20th January 2012, 08:00

Turkish massages can be like this, they are litterally beating up your body. Not all massages are like this, on the contrary. But very good ones will work in deep tissus and can uncover quite a lot of pain, for your good (after it feels great). Ask Modwiz.

i agree with this. i took a massage course and learned so many modalities. there are painful massages (just as you have mentioned) and you got gentle ones (like Swedish, just as an example). and of course, it also depends your high tolerance of pain. just know that in any massage places you go to to receive, you should be able to tell your therapist to ease up a bit. unfortunately i don't know what it's like overseas so i can't say anything about it, but you do have the right to say something. you're supposed to be in a relaxed state, not at a high stressed state.

also try to breathe into the deep massage if possible. if you hold your breath in, your body tends to stiffen up, causing the massage to be even more painful. my sensitive area is my thighs, so whenever i have a friend give me a deep tissue massage there, i stiffen up automatically and hold my breath until my friend coaches me to breathe (i breathe fast at first, but the coaching to slow down my breath helps).

applejax
20th January 2012, 08:05
Hi All,
I have been practicing as a professional massage therapist for 5 years, along with some energy work, and today I had an unusual experience that I would appreciate feedback on. I was working with a new client, everything was normal, I started to get some 'tones' in my left ear but that happens frequently. Soon after I had a sensation of something cold and wet between my eye brows, going down part of my nose and onto part of my cheek. It came on so quick it caught me off guard and I brushed my forearm over my face to see if it was indeed wet, which of course it wasn't. After a minute or two it faded and disappeared. After the massage I went to the bathroom to wash up and when I looked up into the mirror I saw something that made me startle and do a double take and swiftly turn around. I think it was a 'shadow' moving past me, but I was the only one around besides my client who was still in the room. So all of this added up to strangeness for me. I don't have any fear but I am curious as to what that could have been. It does concern me a little that the sensation was over my third eye. Any ideas or opinions? Thank you for your input!

i don't think it's strange. i think the healing/holistic aspect of massage we tend to pull more things out of the clients. i don't practice massage as much as i used to (i only do it when i need to), but i understand what you're saying though. i have a friend that told me i needed to clear myself before a massage and after a massage because i have (or what he says) a high spiritual energy and i easily attract negative energy...especially when i work on a person. not sure about the tones though because i know several massage therapists that have different sensations while working on a client. but you should be careful, you might want to clear your space from negative entities that tend to attach a person.

Kristo
20th January 2012, 08:24
Hi MysticalMary... Being sensitive to energies myself, I'm feeling you may have released an energetic entity from your client, and since you are sensitive happened to see its release. ? My bestie is a massage therapist and is very 'open' and in-tuned to various energetic fields... I will ask her if she's heard of/or experienced anything similar. (She sometimes ends up doing energy work and/or readings during her massages if she knows the client is open to the info)... And I agree with Flash.... ask Modwiz, too.....

Molly
25th January 2012, 08:15
I was staying at my sweetie's place for a while & he was sick with some kind of head cold. I never caught it, for up to a week, drinking after him, being snuggled up to him, never caught it. Then one night I give him a back massage, I get finished, he stands up & says "Hey...I can breathe!". Me on the other hand though, I had a river of snot pouring out of my nose. It came out of nowhere! So strange.. like I had somehow took his illness & put it into me so he wouldn't have to deal with it..

christian
25th January 2012, 09:37
So much stuff permanently going on in the subtle realms and we walk around like deaf and numb to a large degree still :biggrin1:
I won't start into wild speculations about what happened to you, but if you were genuinely involved in helping your client, which I assume, it was nothing 'bad' :)