PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Bulls (not for the squeamish)

Borden
25th January 2012, 11:25
I saw this a while ago and was recently reminded of it.

It's not pretty, be warned.

I want to say that it gives me no pleasure to see bullfighters gored. I loathe them, but they, like everything, are a part of all that I am too. It fills me with the thought, "what are you doing there? Idiot! Leave these animals alone and you won't get hurt."

However, in my philosophy, no human being who has ever drawn breath is irredeemable. None of us transcends until the last man or woman is up the ladder with us. As much as I may experience passionate rage (oh, and I certainly do, on behalf of the animals), that is not the whole story.

Borden 37ntMPTW2Wg

Lifebringer
25th January 2012, 12:37
Savages, and disgusting. For sport to kill and watch the maiming of an animal that never did a thing to man except protect itself from them.

I pray all this ends or they keep it out of my life.

Tony
25th January 2012, 12:40
Total madness.

solosthere
25th January 2012, 12:49
I just watched this and wishing I had not I am in tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Borden
25th January 2012, 13:18
I know, it really makes me wonder what they're feeling when they do it. Cruelty in passion is something I can understand and I think we all probably can, but cruelty of that order, while preening and posing ... it just staggers me.

Borden

Lettherebelight
25th January 2012, 13:19
There's gotta be a better way...

Let's hear it for the folks in Spain who are standing up and saying something against it!

Borden
25th January 2012, 14:05
Unfortunately I have seen footage of daily practice in abattoirs. As upsetting as you may find this clip, that is even more upsetting. There I have seen dead-eyed, idiot youths bragging about how they enjoy killing ... and I have seen baby animals waiting in line, their eyes rolling in terror as they slip and slide in the blood from the destination of that line.

I feel the rage of angels at this.

Compassion must extend to everyone, and I firmly believe that, but I am human. When you see what I have seen it is hard. I pray I never meet an abattoir worker or a matador. The meeting would not go well for them.

Borden.

EnergyGardener
25th January 2012, 14:22
This reminds me of my fascination of human's adoration of their "innocent" pets, yet neglect their own children.

Consider humans the bulls, the matadors the Illuminati.

We resolve that tyranny and there will be no more bullfights.

Borden
25th January 2012, 14:29
This reminds me of my fascination of human's adoration of their "innocent" pets, yet neglect their own children.

Consider humans the bulls, the matadors the Illuminati.

We resolve that tyranny and there will be no more bullfights.

Absolutely. And imagine a truly fair fight. The matador without his brightly coloured barbs and swords ... against a bull. The Illuminati without their secrecy and evil deceptions against seven billion people. I know where the smart money would be in both instances.

Borden

im awake
26th January 2012, 16:28
you know i think earth would be better off without humans

13th Warrior
26th January 2012, 16:53
you know i think earth would be better off without humans

There's violence in nature just as there is in man.

kersley
26th January 2012, 16:58
Total madness I agree. On the video @ 2.24 is what I'll like to see more of. right between the crack. Did that hurt?

Snoweagle
26th January 2012, 17:32
On the outskirts of Manchester UK, now exists a milk and beef factory that will be "home" to six hundred cattle, locked in pens, fed continuously with GMO produced feed and pharmaceuticals to increase yield of milk. Artificially inseminated for berthing calves, which will never see the light of day or a green field. Once a cow has been exhausted it will suffer the blissful act of death by butchers to serve to all the "retard" shoppers at the supermarket. Economically justified, morals are of no consequence.
On the bull fighting, those pictures of the impaled matadors were wonderful.

Borden
26th January 2012, 18:13
Okay, someone posted this on facebook, and to me it's a powerful instance of a message coming along at just the right moment ...

I don't want to share a link as I don't have permission, but apparently this is something that has recently happened at a bullfight. This is all he posted, and all I've so far found on the internet is an apparent reference to the story on a site called EVANA.

http://www.evana.org/images/uploaded/bull_toereo.jpg

"And suddenly the bull looked at me. With the innocence of all animals in his eyes, but also with a supplication. It was the inexplicable injustice complaint, the appeal against the unnecessary cruelty "
This time I took pity on me and I felt the worst junk in the world."

That's all I know about it, and I hope I haven't messed up the adding a picture. I've only just learned to add youtube clips.

I feel so much anger and disgust at the way animals are treated by humans, and bull-'fighting' is an example that makes my blood boil. However, my spiritual views do not allow me to simply hate and feel vengeful. I do, I have to admit, but this - if it's true - is a breakthrough and a blessing. My ludicrous, impossible fantasy is not to punish those who hurt animals (well ... maybe a bit), but for them to wake up. A moment like this could be a breakthrough. I so hope it's not something made up or inaccurate.

It's inevitable that people like us will feel a measure of satisfaction at seeing these idiots hurt while they torture the bulls, but I guess we'd better not focus on that if we can focus on the more positive idea that people can wake up.

Borden

BestLion
26th January 2012, 18:20
I'll tell you what, When I was 16 i worked at a farm, and I did something very stupid..I went to feed a Jesey bull and i was in the open about 150 foot away from the fence door. And he charged at me..it was the most frighting thing i ever experienced in my life. luckiy a large tree was nearby and i ran for it, and got behind it and he gored the tree "would have been me if not for that tree". He turned and circled and was coming back again for me..i was about 120ft from the door..I threw a bucket and distracted him and hightailed it out of there.
i tell you what i have tons of respect for bulls, and I would never do like these bull fighters are doing NO WAY!

13th Warrior
26th January 2012, 18:54
Some times the bull wins

eva08
26th January 2012, 19:06
I am not speaking in favor of bull fighting. But I have first hand experience and a little insight in this field as knowing a bull fighter first hand. And without this insight I would also have agreed that this event is nothing but a bloodshed. However, please let me try to explain the background of bull fights.
Bull fights in spain have a very long history. In a nutshell: the matador wears the Suit of Light representing "the good", "the good force" and the bull representing "the evil force". In the end the matador, the light bearer wins over the evil (represented by the bull).
In Spain, the bulls for bull fights are adored, they are specially bred and taken care of, grass fed on the best pastures; and they are cheered when they die an honorable and celebrated death under the cheering of the crowd when the matador sticks the sword between the shoulder blades for an instant kill.
The entire event as far as I understand it goes through the various stages following a ritualistic and symbolistic sequence of the Matador first working with the heavy cape, then the picadors on the horse injuring and tiring the bull and then the final stage of the Matador to the kill.
The story of the bull fight represent and follows the Catholic religious steps of Christ bearing the cross overcoming the pains before his death (I vaguely remember this part) and moving through the 12 stages during his cross bearing journey.
The matador representing the light, moves the bull through the various steps, with cape moves and specific areas in the arena.
Once the bulls endorphins kick in he does not feel the pain, any boxer or ring fighter will tell you exactly the curve of pain and feeling no or little pain when injured.
After a bull fight the entire village comes together and celebrates the win over evil and celebrates the death of the bull with a fantastic meal. The bull is butchered and feeds the village for some time. Each bull is celebrated with an honorable death, giving life to the villagers.
The entire event is an expression and representation of a religious belief against oppression and evil.
In my personal opinion, the bulls used in bull fights have a much greater life than our meat cattle in torturous, crowded and painful US meat production facilities. And although i am not part of this indigenous Spanish ritual of bull fights (since I am not of Spanish heritage), I would approve of a bull fight far more than the present meat production and food production that is prevalent here and so-called more "humane".
In my opinion, if you eat meat, look the animal in the eye, thank it for it's life and kill it. That is what is happening in bull fights.
I thought I would share my experience and insight.

Borden
26th January 2012, 19:11
Some times the bull wins

Ouch. That will definitely need a plaster.

Borden

Unified Serenity
26th January 2012, 19:18
I'm sorry Borden, I can't watch this. It's just too painful to see such cruelty. I completely agree with you Eva, that if you are going to eat meat, do so with the highest reverence, thanking the animal for it's life, and not wasting it. Our food industry is cruel and it must be changed. There are much better ways, healthier, and it is necessary. We will get there one day.

Serenity

Borden
26th January 2012, 19:19
I am not speaking in favor of bull fighting. But I have first hand experience and a little insight in this field as knowing a bull fighter first hand. And without this insight I would also have agreed that this event is nothing but a bloodshed. However, please let me try to explain the background of bull fights.
Bull fights in spain have a very long history. In a nutshell: the matador wears the Suit of Light representing "the good", "the good force" and the bull representing "the evil force". In the end the matador, the light bearer wins over the evil (represented by the bull).
In Spain, the bulls for bull fights are adored, they are specially bred and taken care of, grass fed on the best pastures; and they are cheered when they die an honorable and celebrated death under the cheering of the crowd when the matador sticks the sword between the shoulder blades for an instant kill.
The entire event as far as I understand it goes through the various stages following a ritualistic and symbolistic sequence of the Matador first working with the heavy cape, then the picadors on the horse injuring and tiring the bull and then the final stage of the Matador to the kill.
The story of the bull fight represent and follows the Catholic religious steps of Christ bearing the cross overcoming the pains before his death (I vaguely remember this part) and moving through the 12 stages during his cross bearing journey.
The matador representing the light, moves the bull through the various steps, with cape moves and specific areas in the arena.
Once the bulls endorphins kick in he does not feel the pain, any boxer or ring fighter will tell you exactly the curve of pain and feeling no or little pain when injured.
After a bull fight the entire village comes together and celebrates the win over evil and celebrates the death of the bull with a fantastic meal. The bull is butchered and feeds the village for some time. Each bull is celebrated with an honorable death, giving life to the villagers.
The entire event is an expression and representation of a religious belief against oppression and evil.
In my personal opinion, the bulls used in bull fights have a much greater life than our meat cattle in torturous, crowded and painful US meat production facilities. And although i am not part of this indigenous Spanish ritual of bull fights (since I am not of Spanish heritage), I would approve of a bull fight far more than the present meat production and food production that is prevalent here and so-called more "humane".
In my opinion, if you eat meat, look the animal in the eye, thank it for it's life and kill it. That is what is happening in bull fights.

Hi eva08,

I do know about these traditions and the history of bull-'fighting', however, I have been researching the reality of what happens in the ring recently, and it is very different.

There are many other clips that I find too upsetting to post here. These clips contain information about the reality of the practice as opposed to the propaganda in its favour, and it is horrifying. There are plenty of compassionate people in Spain - therefore knowledgeable about the history, etc - who also protest loudly against bull-'fighting'.

With regard to your final words about the horrors of meat production where you live and where I live ... I agree completely. Humans seem to have lost all respect for the life they take when they eat an animal.

Borden

Unified Serenity
26th January 2012, 19:31
hey Borden,

I think humans have for the most part lost the sense of the "sacred" and respect for life in general. We act like animals, we view sex as animals, we live and work like beasts of burden. I guess that is why I posted the Eurythmics video the other night: Sweet dreams. We act like cows. ok, now I will go onto happy thoughts and pretend I don't live in a cruel world, but all is love and light.

Walks out of reality,

Serenity

Borden
26th January 2012, 19:39
Hi Serenity,

I so agree. Can't help feeling it's no accident. This kind of cruelty (the meat industry for instance) is not our true, human nature. We're the abused animals too!

(I love a bit of Eurythmics too)

Borden

Carmen
26th January 2012, 20:26
Bullfighting is quite barbaric. It will die a natural death as people wake up and start to 'feel' with the animals.

I do have bit of experience with bulls as we farm here in New Zealand. Our animals have a great life. They have green grass, acres to roam on and they are killed humanely when the time comes.

Doesn't pay to 'friendly' a bull though, cos they are big and strong, full of testosterone and bad manners!! I befriended the bull we put in with my milking cow. I called him Bruno after a boyfriend I had years ago!! Anyway, Bruno would come up to the gate when I got the cow in for milking and I would hand feed him and rub him all round his head and horns. He loved it and was quite quiet. Well, taking away a bulls natural fear of humans isn't a good idea! Next time my daughter went into the paddock to burn some paper rubbish, Bruno came charging down the hill towards her (probably to have his head rubbed) Frances, seeing this 1000lb bull charging toward her, leapt the gate in one bound!!!

Twas not a good idea. He was a problem bull from then on. Most breeds of bulls are reasonably quiet. The only really dangerous, unpredictable breed we deal with are the little jersey bulls. They are smaller than the rest but they are the ones not to be trusted.

Actually, I have learned not to have any male pets among deer, cattle, sheep or goats. They are all unpredictable and quite easily become dangerous. Must be the testosterone factor. They can all be trained but most people dont know how. Stallions can be trained to be very respectful nice animals but one has to be conscious of their maleness. Our new stallion is a lovely boy and very calm usually, but he becomes very single focused when he smells a mare on heat!!

I will make a comment about rodeo bulls. People think this is cruel but I would beg to differ. On the whole the big bulls they use for rodeo live a very charmed life. I love bulls, think they are magnificent. I watch them closely at rodeos. (Don't know how those guys can subject their bodies to such abuse!!!) The experienced bulls come out of the shute, buck for all they are worth, get rid of the rider, then immediately stop, completely relaxed and look in the direction of the out gate or round the arena, then walk calmly out the gate. No stress, job done!! The young bulls, not quite understating the ropes, snort and charge everything around them, but the old boys don't. They know. Love seeing them.

Unified Serenity
26th January 2012, 20:30
Actually, I have learned not to have any male pets among deer, cattle, sheep or goats. They are all unpredictable and quite easily become dangerous. Must be the testosterone factor. They can all be trained but most people dont know how. Stallions can be trained to be very respectful nice animals but one has to be conscious of their maleness. Our new stallion is a lovely boy and very calm usually, but he becomes very single focused when he smells a mare on heat!!

Carmen,

Were you just talking about animals, because this seemed to fit most men I know..... ducks and runs for cover.

:behindsofa:

Serenity

eva08
26th January 2012, 20:32

Hi eva08,

I do know about these traditions and the history of bull-'fighting', however, I have been researching the reality of what happens in the ring recently, and it is very different.

There are many other clips that I find too upsetting to post here. These clips contain information about the reality of the practice as opposed to the propaganda in its favour, and it is horrifying. There are plenty of compassionate people in Spain - therefore knowledgeable about the history, etc - who also protest loudly against bull-'fighting'.

With regard to your final words about the horrors of meat production where you live and where I live ... I agree completely. Humans seem to have lost all respect for the life they take when they eat an animal.

Borden
Hello Borden, I agree with you; the times are changing; people are moving out and away from old traditions, beliefs and rituals. I am very grateful we can discuss this. In regards to the atrocities, pain and injury in the bull ring: car races, boxing and ring fights are in the very same category in my personal opinion.

Ecnal61
26th January 2012, 20:37
sorry borden i only managed to watch half of it,being an animal lover it was too much.my loathing for these people cant be put into words.

Carmen
26th January 2012, 20:39
Well, Unified Serenity, you may deduce quite a lot from my post regarding the male animal!! The point is to "know your animal"!!!

A few weeks back (Hope this doesn't offend anyone!!) my friend and I mated her filly with my three year old stallion. He is a young stallion and very inexperienced. Well, this boy gave us a lesson in the sacredness of horse mating etiquette that many males of the human species could learn from!

She was right on heat but he was going to take his time to woo her. Anytime she was rude or kicked him he would move away from her and just wait. Then come up and nuzzle and nip lightly all round her body. It was quite hilarious as my friend and I were providing the human commentary from the sideline! I won't go into all the details but it was an amazing thing to watch. The filly was a maiden filly and he also took that into account! So, we can learn from the animals.

thewebkid
26th January 2012, 20:51
http://thedesigninspiration.com/articles/amazing-bull-fart-sculpture-by-chen-wenling/

Borden
26th January 2012, 20:54
sorry borden i only managed to watch half of it,being an animal lover it was too much.my loathing for these people cant be put into words.

I know, I'm sorry. If you can stomach it though, the second half shows some payback.

Borden

Carmen
26th January 2012, 20:56
That's amazing webkid!

firstlook
26th January 2012, 21:09
I saw this a while ago and was recently reminded of it.

It's not pretty, be warned.

I want to say that it gives me no pleasure to see bullfighters gored. I loathe them, but they, like everything, are a part of all that I am too. It fills me with the thought, "what are you doing there? Idiot! Leave these animals alone and you won't get hurt."

However, in my philosophy, no human being who has ever drawn breath is irredeemable. None of us transcends until the last man or woman is up the ladder with us. As much as I may experience passionate rage (oh, and I certainly do, on behalf of the animals), that is not the whole story.

Borden 37ntMPTW2Wg

Indeed. It doesn't have to be emotional acknowledgment. A sport like this is just old way of thinking and confidence. Simply put. Hopefully participants will learn better ways to creatively challenge themselves without harming these beautiful creatures. Such anger caused in them, when in reality they are capable of deep and honest gazes of loving reflection. Much like the Wild Cat kingdom so commonly challenged for sport and fulfillment.