PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Disturbing Dream/Encounter last night that has no explanation!

Carpathian
27th January 2012, 23:59
I feel like I need some help with a very disturbing dream I had last night. I’ve been thinking about it all day, and while I have come to some conclusions about it I would really like to hear others interpretations/viewpoints/opinions to see if I am on the right track. I apologize for the length of this post.

Some background info first: I have never had any supernatural/psychic/etc. experience before in my life. I started meditating (on and off) about 2 ˝ years ago to try and reduce my stress levels (I carry a lot of stress). It has been a wonderful and relaxing experience when I manage to do it (which is about 3-4 times a week). Nothing ever happens when I meditate, it just feels good.

I have had a reoccurring dream (important for later) for many years now where I wake up from a bed (in the dream) and try to turn on the bedside lamp to get rid of the darkness because I feel it encroaching on me and I am very scared of it and what it contains (I don’t know what’s in it but it’s scary and evil). The lamp won’t light so I try another and it won’t light either, the buttons just click. I try the overhead and it doesn’t work either and by now I’m almost hysterical with fear. Sometimes I am able to get one light to flicker on (barely) but most of the time I end up running away (into another room/part of the house) to try to get away from the dark or I just sit and cry and keep trying the lamps. Only on three occasions in my whole life have I successfully lit the lamp, and it was a wonderful feeling and after I did it the dreams went away for a long time.

Last night I had a dream which was similar in tone to the previous ones (at least at first). I was in a plain hotel room with my best friend. He was on a separate bed to my left and it was pitch black in the room. I was awake (in the dream) because I heard him scrambling with his covers/pillows/blankets, wrapping them around himself and cowering under them, absolutely terrified of the dark. I was terrified too, but didn’t know what to do and was kind of frozen in place. I backed up against the headboard and wrapped my arms around my knees, just staring at the darkness.

This is where things get very weird. I have no explanation for any of this and it really scared me.

I felt myself partially wake up from the dream. I know what this feels like, I have had it happen before, and this is what happened. I was laying on my right side on edge of the bed, both of my arms hanging over the side, my left arm sticking up and out in front of me. I could HEAR and FEEL myself talking, but I wasn’t talking in my normal voice -- the sounds I was making were very deep and very guttural. I have no idea what I was saying, it didn’t even sound like English (yeah I know that sounds crazy)!? The arm that was sticking out in front of me was grasping…something. A circle/cloud/round object that was all black. It had a white circle of light around it, and my hand did as well? I felt like I was grasping the cloud thing, but it wasn’t solid so I have no idea how I was doing it.

Let me explain that I could see my arm in front of me clearly (as I was awake) and I could feel myself talking, but the image of the black circle and the circle of light around it and my hand was not…real. It was like I was seeing both of those things through the lens of a dream – it didn’t look 3-D and solid, it looked intangible and wispy and almost like an IDEA of something that I couldn’t see (if that makes any sense?).

I immediately felt like this was something I shouldn’t be seeing (I know, this doesn’t make any sense?!) and fell right back to sleep. I don’t remember any other dreams last night.

I woke up this morning freaked out. Did I “contact” something??? (I have a very deep fear of ghosts/paranormal stuff. DO NOT WANT!) But once I searched how I was feeling, I noticed I felt lighter and calmer if that makes any sense?

If anyone has any thoughts, I would really appreciate it, as I am completely lost. Religion-wise, I was a very devout Catholic when I was growing up but lost my faith about twenty years ago and have been looking for something ever since. My “cosmology” (or view of the spirit world/afterlife/etc.) I guess would still be influenced by those beliefs as I have never had another faith, but there is nothing in Catholic teachings that I know of about this (as far as I remember, Catholics don’t even believe in ghosts).

I have read some articles here that discuss benevolent beings from higher dimensions that occasionally help people (but usually do not) which seemed to make sense to me as I do believe in a multi-dimensional universe, and also about not-nice beings from lower dimensions that may be parasitic/unhelpful, but beyond those articles I got nothing.

Help please! ☺

Lazlo
28th January 2012, 00:19
Interestingly enough, I just read something this morning that may be relevant. It could be a normal explanation that gets you off the hook from being visited by any nasty etheral beings.

I used to have a recurring dream too, and can empathize with you on that point. From what I've read, the inability to turn on the light may relate to a feeling of powerlessness in some part of you life. Then again, dream interpretation can be very subjective and strange events do happen.

I was once "run over" by what I can only describe as a shadow person. It was very real and I was definitely awake at the time.

Anyhoo, I hope this can be of some help.

http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

Still, there is hope for science in all this commotion this week. For example, the odd sleeping report (pufferfish) from yesterday elicited this from a science type:

"In my past life as a sleep research scientist I did a study of mental effects during sleep. I found that when people were in REM sleep and were awakened they always reported that had been dreaming. However, when in physiological deep slow wave sleep they often reported that they had been awake and thinking. These people were apparently awake psychologically but clearly asleep physiologically. This effect could be another explanation for “pufferfish’s” report. He likely would not be aware of his snoring. This is not to deny WuJo effects, as I see them all the time. I even teach a course about Intrusive Energies and related material...."

christian
28th January 2012, 00:24
It could be just anything, but although the appearance and the origin of what you saw seems important to you, I assume it is not, not as important as dealing with it. You said you use to be under a lot of stress. That's rather vague, I don't want to ask you for your whole lifestory now, but I'm sure you as everyone else has 'dark sides', issues, problems, whatever you want to call it. Many people would do anything to avoid facing those, they would be petrified. Maybe it is through your meditation, probably your meditation is only an expression of your personal evolution, that you are about to face those dark and frightening aspects now. Cope with it. It's that simple. Face it, have no fear, be sure of your standpoint, you cannot be hurt, you are safe, but you will not be truly free if you do not dare to face whatever it is. Figure it out, then release it with love, if you don't want to have it with you.

CdnSirian
28th January 2012, 00:37
I think the above responses are valuable, and I'm going to toss something else in here. I'm not a doctor, but I have worked with doctors of nutrition who were incredibly well educated.

Vitamin B Complex, in a whole food form, runs the brain. Forget everything else if you are B Complex deficient. That means real, not lab made vitamins.

I have seen a person recover from full blown schizophrenia after years of incarceration, with B Complex. Unfortunately the psychiatrist pioneers of that treatment have seemed to have disappeared into oblivion...

You would have to satisfy yourself with some personal research, including B6 and B3. http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_niacin.html is some info on B3.

The brain is meant to filter out other realities and dimensions of existence. So that we can focus on being here. And the brain needs nutrition to do this successfully.

So if you are getting bleed through from somewhere else, or your brain's interpretations of that, you can stop it.

I am not a dream interpreter and anything offered above may be more relevant than what I have just posted. Regards.

Carpathian
28th January 2012, 00:54
Interestingly enough, I just read something this morning that may be relevant. It could be a normal explanation that gets you off the hook from being visited by any nasty etheral beings.

I used to have a recurring dream to, and can empathize with you on that point. From what I've read, the inability to turn on the light may relate to a feeling of powerlessness in some part of you life. Then again, dream interpretation can be very subjective and strange events do happen.

I was once "run over" by what I can only describe as a shadow person. It was very real and I was definitely awake at the time."

Lazlo,

Thank you so much for your response! I really appreciate you taking the time to think about my issue :-)

I have also read about that dream interpretation of "not being able to turn on the light" -- and that is what I always assumed it was! You hit the nail on the head! I apologize for not including that fact in the original post. I have had many occasions in my life where I've felt powerless (and have been powerless) - so it would only be natural that my dreams reflected that :-)

I have read about the REM sleep (I have trouble falling and staying asleep so I read up about it) and about how your body gets "frozen" in that state (to protect you from thrashing about) and that's where people can have night terrors and can't move. I have also experienced the "frozen" state first-hand many times when I wake up unexpectedly from sleep apnea, and have even managed to break the "frozen" state a few times (it's very difficult for me to do), but I have never experienced any hallucinations/quasi-dream-state visions that others have described experiencing. That's why this dream freaked me out - I've been in situations where "dreaming" and "awake" can potentially be confused -- and I have never confused the two.

I do not mean to be argumentative AT ALL so please do not take it that way. I just want to state where I am coming from, and why I posted (I usually don't - I like to lurk). I am not dismissing the possibility that it was ALL a dream, but I have never had a problem distinguishing between the two and this really FELT real. I felt my arm being raised, I felt myself grumbling those words, I could hear what I was saying...even if the whole "black cloud" thing was part of a dream, I would say that I was actually physically doing those other things while I was asleep.

And why would I feel so different in the morning if it was just a dream?

You must elaborate on your "shadow person" -- but I hesitate to ask as I am completely freaked out about anything ghost/spirit/paranormal. As long as it isn't too scary? ;)

Carpathian
28th January 2012, 01:07
chiquetet,

Thank you so much for your reply - it really means a lot! :happy:

To answer your questions, I am still (always) under a lot of stress (there are many reasons -- work, past issues, state of the world, (lack of) relationship, etc.) but that is nothing new...and I have been in therapy for many years. The issues are not something I shy away from -- "therapy costs money, I only have so many appts/year, let's get cracking" is my motto. I work very hard on my issues, trying to become a better person, so avoidance is not what I do. I face them. That said, I could see how I could be unconsciously avoiding some issues?

I love, love your words about facing my issues without fear -- I am usually terrified. All the time. "You cannot be hurt, you are safe" sounds wonderful. I wish to live like that.

Thanks again! :happy:

skamandar
28th January 2012, 01:15
Hi Carpatian,

My attempt to help will be my story of my own most terrifying recurring dream.
I know the terror it can cause. I can totally feel you, reading your post. But you are the only one who can find the answer.
I can only give you feedback through my own experience. Hope you’ll find some of my story useful to apply in your case.

My recurring dream is the end of the world. It is a tsunami high as a mountain. It always starts as me observing the world through somebody else’s eyes.

For example once I was a housewife, with 2 children, on a vacation on an island, having good time on the beach. Just relaxing and playing with the boys. Then I saw the water rapidly withdrawing miles away from where I stood. Then I saw the wall of water forming at the horizon, approaching at us. And I knew for sure that this is the end, and there is no chance to escape. I grabbed the children and we started running like crazy, being totally afraid.

Another example – I was a teenage girl, sitting on a mountain hill, observing the stars with my newfound love, being thrilled from the pheromones flowing around and expecting our first kiss. Then I saw the water wall overflowing the far distance hill….

And so it went for years… I felt the terror and I’ve seen the water engulfing everything, and I felt it… as it was 100% really happening. This dream made me really sick in awake state. The horror of it caused me a lot of diseases, some of which took months of healing.

This was until I dreamt of being a witch, sitting on a rock facing the sea. The sea was totally calm but I was expecting the disaster. I NEW it was coming. And I was waiting for it. At some point the water withdrew. The mountain high wall tsunami formed. But I didn’t run. I waited for it to reach me. At the moment it came to me I spared my arms. The black water wall separated. It went around me, and as it passed me it turned into a crystal blue wetter. I was able to observe the wonderful and beautiful sea life – fishes, corals, octopus, corals, as I was in an aquarium, but surrounded by a bubble, which gave me security..

Why I had this sickening dream for years, and why I had the resolution I have no idea. Maybe, just maybe, the next time you dream being afraid of the dark, you should stop being afraid and then examine the darkness and allow it to engulf you. I guess you need to surrender to something to be able to understand it.

Carpathian
28th January 2012, 01:16
CdnSirian,

Thank you for your response! :happy:

I am currently on both B-Complex vitamins and a B-12 liquid (I am B-12 deficient and am trying the liquid to see if it works before I go on the shots) so your B information is right on the money. I will go to the link you provided and see if I can't do more to help with that. I had never read about that aspect of the brain (filtering out other realities) but it makes so much sense! Thank you! :happy:

It makes me think though, that aren't people who DO want to/can access different realities going against the very nature of their own brain? I have a lot to learn I guess...

Thinking Allowed
28th January 2012, 01:25
Hi Carpathian,

I've had loads of experiences with night terrors, frozen body state, impending doom, presence in the room, etc. It's all very scary and I'm still not sure what's real or me being in limbo with asleep/awake realities. I've had several cases of reccuring dreams but fortunately when I have the same scary dream for second time I immediately recognize that I'm in the dream state and can break away from it. Perhaps this is the only natural skill that I have without needing to concentrate on. However this is called lucid dreaming and people wanting to 'wake up' in their dreams are encouraged to be on the lookout for weird things during the day and question if it's weird (a green horse trotting down the street would be an example of something to question if you are dreaming or not). Also you could contemplate this before falling asleep so that when something strange happens you can be more 'ready' for it and will question the reality of the experience when a things get weird or recognize the reccuring nature of your dream. If you want to do this then perhaps your meditations could focus on this and eventually you may have success with your dreams to remember that you are dreaming. Then you will need some balls to take charge of the dream for the better! It does seem likely that you are not facing up to something that is troubling you in life and until you do you will always get the same dream.

kcbc2010
28th January 2012, 01:30
Thank you for sharing your dream with us. Have you studied your dreams before? One thing that is really helpful is starting a dream journal. Also, a great website for dream interpretation is http://www.dreammoods.com/. The thing with dreams is that they are so individual and a lot of what you learn just comes from following your instinct. Once you start writing them down and exploring them, a lot of things start to make more sense. Oh, and one of the best authors I've found on the topic is Robert Moss.

I would say that your religious experience might influence some of the symbols or events in your dream, but dreams are so much deeper than what you see at the surface. I really wouldn't focus on the "Catholic" part unless being "Catholic" is important (or has some significance) to you for some reason.

For instance, religion tends to play a huge role in my dreams.

I had a dream recently where I was talking about God and Jesus at the edge of a seashore. For some reason, I had to find a key and I ended up putting this key on a relic at an altar to this (unknown to me) religious entity (in the form of a seashell) and, as it got closer, it started asking questions. I found myself kneeling, begging for forgiveness due to the fact that all I had was the Christian language for talking about "the one who created everything" and I didn't know what "it was", but I could tell that I was in a Holy place. I was very thankful when an angel came beside me to protect me and explained to this entity that I was "on their side." I just didn't use the same words to express things of God. In the context of my own life/dreams, I've struggled with faith and "religion" and find myself, on one hand, accepting Jesus and the peace I find as a Christian (because that's the faith family I was born into); yet, on the other hand, knowing that my religion doesn't tell me the whole story about the universe (life and everything!) around me.

I also wouldn't focus so much on "entities" at this point either. I totally agree w/your sentiments about not wanting the "evil" spirits/ghosts/paranormal entities; however, (at least in my dreams), I've had to fight a few of them off to get to better (deeper) places. However, that's not the point I wanted to make....sorry. The point that I was attempting to make is that you have to really just examine the dream and let the evidence take you where it leads you. The colors. The people. The clothing. The events. The feelings. The places. Every detail you can remember. If you get a sense that something else was there, then I'd write about that and explore it as just one of the other topics, not something to be afraid of. However, don't judge the information until you feel like you've gotten all that you can out of the different parts of the dream.

jagman
28th January 2012, 01:37
Please do not get angry with me for saying this, I could be wrong. While reading the details of your dream, One thing kept popping
in my mind. Something is out of balance in your life right now.

Sidney
28th January 2012, 01:51
For what it's worth, a few weeks ago my husband said he woke up in the middle of the night to the sounds of me making gutteral sounds (more like an unidentified animal) and speaking "tongue". He said it really frieked him out. I have no memory of it or any odd dreams that night. I have no explanation for this.:wacko:

Paul
28th January 2012, 02:03
I am currently on both B-Complex vitamins and a B-12 liquid (I am B-12 deficient and am trying the liquid to see if it works before I go on the shots) You might also try "Nanotechnology Vitamin-B12 Spray", a sublingual spray. I use it - though I have no way to measure its effectiveness.

bluestflame
28th January 2012, 02:07
not be focused on the "external" light , use the one you have inside of you ~☼~

Cartomancer
28th January 2012, 02:15
Don't be afraid. I know this sounds flippant but instead of trying to turn on the light imagine yourself getting up and kicking the dickens out whatever it is. Beat the living crap out of it like Rambo. Imagine that. I know it sounds like am being a wise-acre but I am absolutely not kidding. You own you. You run this.

When I was younger I had dreams sort of what like some describe as abduction scenarios ( I know I was dreaming). This worked for me as I simply refused to go with them and resisted and raised hell about it. From then on the dreams stopped. Even if you think this is real and not a dream you should resist and make it clear you are not going to put up with this.

Lazlo
28th January 2012, 04:30

I used to have a recurring dream to, and can empathize with you on that point. From what I've read, the inability to turn on the light may relate to a feeling of powerlessness in some part of you life. Then again, dream interpretation can be very subjective and strange events do happen.

I was once "run over" by what I can only describe as a shadow person. It was very real and I was definitely awake at the time."

Lazlo,

Thank you so much for your response! I really appreciate you taking the time to think about my issue :-)

I have also read about that dream interpretation of "not being able to turn on the light" -- and that is what I always assumed it was! You hit the nail on the head! I apologize for not including that fact in the original post. I have had many occasions in my life where I've felt powerless (and have been powerless) - so it would only be natural that my dreams reflected that :-)

I have read about the REM sleep (I have trouble falling and staying asleep so I read up about it) and about how your body gets "frozen" in that state (to protect you from thrashing about) and that's where people can have night terrors and can't move. I have also experienced the "frozen" state first-hand many times when I wake up unexpectedly from sleep apnea, and have even managed to break the "frozen" state a few times (it's very difficult for me to do), but I have never experienced any hallucinations/quasi-dream-state visions that others have described experiencing. That's why this dream freaked me out - I've been in situations where "dreaming" and "awake" can potentially be confused -- and I have never confused the two.

I do not mean to be argumentative AT ALL so please do not take it that way. I just want to state where I am coming from, and why I posted (I usually don't - I like to lurk). I am not dismissing the possibility that it was ALL a dream, but I have never had a problem distinguishing between the two and this really FELT real. I felt my arm being raised, I felt myself grumbling those words, I could hear what I was saying...even if the whole "black cloud" thing was part of a dream, I would say that I was actually physically doing those other things while I was asleep.

And why would I feel so different in the morning if it was just a dream?

You must elaborate on your "shadow person" -- but I hesitate to ask as I am completely freaked out about anything ghost/spirit/paranormal. As long as it isn't too scary? ;)

I am certainly willing to take your word for it when you say that you know the difference between your dream states, and equally willing to accept that there may be something energetic that is either attracted to you right now, or that you need to work through. In the case of an energy that needs to be dealt with, you could try space clearing to change the energy in your house.. http://www.spaceclearing.com/html/ Even if you don't buy into feng shui, every body can use a little decluttering in their lives ;)

Regarding the shadow person, it's really not that dramatic. I'll give you the (sort of) short version. I was staying in a house for a week that was offered up by a family friend. It was myself and three friends. Anyway, I was heading down the hall in the downstairs and could not find the light switch for anything. So there I am, running my hands along the wall and shuffling my feet down this hallway. At the end of the hallway was the door to the room I was going to be sleeping in. There was a small window near the ceiling that was letting in just the barest hint of light from outside. I stopped, thinking that I was sure that there was someone standing in the doorway looking at me. They were normal size, but they were strangely illuminated by this dull, red light, and in negative. By negative I mean that if there was actually any light shining on this "person", what should have been highlighted was black, and what should have been shadow, was where the dull red light was coming from.

So I stand there staring at this person for a few minutes (it was probably only seconds, but who can tell at a time like that?) I finally convince myself that it's not really there and it is just my eyes playing tricks on me, so I take a step forward again. "Shady" takes a step toward me. This freaks me out and I stop again. Shady just stands there looking at me and I convince myself that it's not real again. Another step by me, and another step by shady. I finally calm my nerves and tell myself that there is no way that this is real and I'm just being silly. So I suck it up and start walking deliberately. Shady puffs up and runs right through me. RUNS RIGHT THROUGH ME. Next thing I know I'm laying on my back in the middle of the hallway. One of my friends yells down and asks what's wrong (She must have heard me hit the floor, I am a big guy, by the way. 6'4", 220#, and not easily intimidated)
I yell back that I just got ran over by a ghost. She finds the light switch at the top of the stairs that I missed and comes running down to find me still laying there, trying to process what had just happened. She comes over, asks me if I'm serious, sees that I am, and helps me up. We had a beer and talked about it. We stayed in the house five nights. I sucked it up and stayed in the room I had originally planned, and I never saw Shady again.

That's it. Not scary, just interesting. And consequently, it's why I try to be understanding when someone thinks that they have had a brush with the paranormal.

jagman
28th January 2012, 05:52
When I was a little boy, I had a reoccurring night terror I would wake in the middle of the night to find a man in my house. He was always
carrying a large chopping ax and I could never see the mans face. He would start chasing me through my house. I would run through 2 or 3
rooms and then bang, I would trip over the vacuum cleaner and he would be standing above me, With ax drawn back ready to strike.
Right before the ax hit me I would wake up.

jackovesk
28th January 2012, 06:59
I once tried Mirror Gazing (NEVER AGAIN),

I was listening to Raymond Moody talk about it on Coast to Coast AM...

His technique is as follows...

Seat yourself comfortably, relax and gaze into the clear depth of the mirror without trying to see anything. Some compare this to looking off into the distance. Properly relaxed, your arms will feel very heavy and the tips of your fingers will tingle as though charged slightly by electricity. This tingling feeling almost always signals the beginning of the hypnagogic state (altered consciousness).

The mirror will most likely become cloudy now. Some people report an image that resembles the sky on a cloudy day. Others say that the mirror becomes darker. Whatever the case, this change in the clarity of the mirror signals you that the visions are about to appear.

I decided to give it a go and to my amazement after about approx. 15 - 20 mins it started to work just as he describe above...

The only thing was, when I was gazing into the Mirror I started to see what looked a 'Dark Entity' surrounding me. I though Ok, just keep staring at the Mirror to see what else I could see and then I got the 'Shock of My Life' when I saw an Alien/Soldier Demon not exactly sure what it was staring right back at me in the 'Top Right Hand Corner' of the mirror..!

The foolish thing I did was to use the Mirror that was attached to a cupboard in my bedroom...Obviously my Mirror gazing did'nt quite work out the way I intended...:faint:

I was always wary of that Mirror after that experience and would'nt dare even look at it when I was trying to nod off to sleep...(I had the feeling it was always watching me)...

About 2 weeks later, I was in a Dead sleep, only to be awoken by a 'Black Misty Cloud' exuding itself out of that mirror (from about 1.5 metres away) then all of sudden it formed a large hand that grabbed me and started pulling me towards the mirror...

At 1st I struggled to free myself from the 'Dark Entity's' grasp and started to quickly awake and them gave it an almighty punch with my hand that was free and it continued to hold on, after punching it repeatedly eventually it let go and quickly retreated back within the mirror from whence it came.

It was about 3.30am and obviously I could'nt get back to sleep...It seemed like forever waiting for the the sun to arise that morning, but when it did I summoned up enough courage to go back into that bedroom with some sage and tried to smoke out any remnants of what 'Dark Energy' remainded..!

Luckily it was the week-end, so I saged the whole house then at about 'Midday' I went back into the bedroom and carefully unhinged the mirror, careful not to damage it and put it out into the back shed covering it with a sheet, where it still remains today..!

That was around 8 years ago..!

PS - Won't be doing any 'Mirror Gazing' anytime soon..! :scared:

PSS - My advice to you Carpathian is before you go to sleep, surround yourself in 'White Light' and think about what you'd like to Dream about (Not what you Don't want to Dream about) before dozing off...

Dorjezigzag
28th January 2012, 11:45
I know your intention is good and you want to help but I just want to question certain definitive statements you have made

Vitamin B Complex, in a whole food form, runs the brain.
The brain is 'run' with a multitude of vitamins and minerals whose combination needs to be in balance, vit b complex can help in certain conditions where there is lack but it does not run the brain

The brain is meant to filter out other realities and dimensions of existence. So that we can focus on being here.

The brain has a multitude of functions and its filtering to the 3D we experience is a function that has more to do with conditioning than what it is 'meant' to do. We are multi dimensional beings and we should experience that with love and without fear. Most people’s 3d awareness actually means they are not truly experiencing the now, more a conditioned now and anyone experiencing anything outside that defined reality are often given labels. Hence creating even more fear due to fear of insanity, on top of the fear of the supernatural

The brain will protect us from some symptoms associated from trauma, hence a lot more people than realise have had supernatural experiences; but we won’t remember them because the brain knows that you will go into fear and panic, hence threatening survival.

If you have courageous love from inside you have nothing to fear and can learn from these experiences to have a geater extradimensional presense and be less easily manipulated and controlled by those that like to control.

Have courageous love for fear is the mind killer!

I think the above responses are valuable, and I'm going to toss something else in here. I'm not a doctor, but I have worked with doctors of nutrition who were incredibly well educated.

Vitamin B Complex, in a whole food form, runs the brain. Forget everything else if you are B Complex deficient. That means real, not lab made vitamins.

I have seen a person recover from full blown schizophrenia after years of incarceration, with B Complex. Unfortunately the psychiatrist pioneers of that treatment have seemed to have disappeared into oblivion...

You would have to satisfy yourself with some personal research, including B6 and B3. http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_niacin.html is some info on B3.

The brain is meant to filter out other realities and dimensions of existence. So that we can focus on being here. And the brain needs nutrition to do this successfully.

So if you are getting bleed through from somewhere else, or your brain's interpretations of that, you can stop it.

I am not a dream interpreter and anything offered above may be more relevant than what I have just posted. Regards.

Snowbird
28th January 2012, 15:49
Carpathian, I find it so very interesting that you have been a Project Avalon lurker for some time and it appears as though this odd dream has prompted you to join and become a part of this group. Hmmm.....I do welcome you! :biggrin1:

This is a great thread Carpathian. I saw this last night, but was too tired to post. I do not interpret dreams, but I have noticed that I have been dreaming more lately than ever before. And, this week alone, I have had dreams of people and situations in my past that caused upset and were never fully resolved. Two distinct people from two completely different times during my life have come into my dreams this week. One, centered around a misunderstanding that was never made right and the other centered around a type of abuse. In each of these dreams, these situations were smoothed over. We were friends and we were close.

The reason that I bring this up is because we have been reading and hearing about new galactic energies that are flowing in from different directions and these energies are bringing up the worst of our situational fears from the past so that we can grasp these fears and deal with them and let them go.

I really like what chiquetet has written.

chiquetet....but I'm sure you as everyone else has 'dark sides', issues, problems, whatever you want to call it. Many people would do anything to avoid facing those, they would be petrified. Maybe it is through your meditation, probably your meditation is only an expression of your personal evolution, that you are about to face those dark and frightening aspects now. Cope with it. It's that simple. Face it, have no fear, be sure of your standpoint, you cannot be hurt, you are safe, but you will not be truly free if you do not dare to face whatever it is. Figure it out, then release it with love, if you don't want to have it with you.

skamandar, your example is superb!!

Good post Cartomancer!!

CdnSirian
28th January 2012, 16:17
Carpathian: "It makes me think though, that aren't people who DO want to/can access different realities going against the very nature of their own brain? I have a lot to learn I guess... " I think that people who are trying to do this are doing it from a position of control, so they can switch it on and off. It doesn't just happen when they are focused on doing something else, or as in your case, trying to get some peaceful sleep.

Dorjezigzag - you are right. I merely was trying to address a narrow aspect of this to help Carpathian with this specific issue.

Carpathian
28th January 2012, 23:58
Don't be afraid. I know this sounds flippant but instead of trying to turn on the light imagine yourself getting up and kicking the dickens out whatever it is. Beat the living crap out of it like Rambo. Imagine that. I know it sounds like am being a wise-acre but I am absolutely not kidding. You own you. You run this.

When I was younger I had dreams sort of what like some describe as abduction scenarios ( I know I was dreaming). This worked for me as I simply refused to go with them and resisted and raised hell about it. From then on the dreams stopped. Even if you think this is real and not a dream you should resist and make it clear you are not going to put up with this.

Cartomancer,

Thank you so much for your reply! :smile:

Your abduction dreams sound so horrible and scary - I am SO glad you were able to dream a solution that showed how strong you are. A great ending to a horrible situation!

The really weird thing is (and something I did not include in the first post because I wanted people's opinions not to be biased by my own conclusions, which could be totally wrong!) is that I felt like I DID kick something's a$$! I sincerely feel like I got rid of/told something to get lost -- but I have absolutely NO basis in logic for this feeling. I just felt a little bit stronger/more sure of myself the next day, that's all. And -- as a fact about myself -- when I get angry (as I was in the dream), I certainly do NOT take anything from anybody! I do have an extremely strong temper, although it does take me FOREVER to get angry with someone/a situation (I am generally a forgiving person). However, once I finally do reach the end of my rope, it's like I uncorked a deadly force of frikken' nature! :smile:

I mean, I can certainly imagine myself (or dream myself) unloading holy heck on something that was bothering me, but how in the heck would I even KNOW how do that!?

Carpathian
29th January 2012, 00:11
Skamandar,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Your dreams sound so scary, and I'm so sorry it caused you physical diseases too -- that must have been terrifying. It sounds like in your dreams you became strong enough to finally face your fear, and when you did you were prepared enough, brave enough, and knowledgeable enough to know what to do and how to defeat it. That's pretty amazing!!! :smile:

I am hesitant to face anything without being as wonderfully prepared as you were/are. As I posted in another reply, my interpretation of the dream (taken with a grain of salt... :smile:) was that I DID defeat something/told it to get lost. I don't know if that qualifies as "facing your fear" -- as it did not seem like it was a realization that I really had nothing to fear from the thing I was fearing (i.e. it was really powerless when I stopped running and faced it), but more of a violent, "f-you" against the fear, banishing it from my life.

Now whether that is healthy or not, I have no idea...

Carpathian
29th January 2012, 00:18
jagman,

I certainly did not/would not be angry at your post -- I am just appreciative that people took the time to read and respond and try to help.

You are right, there are many aspects of my life that are way out of balance. I have ongoing physical issues, lots of stress, a lack of understanding of my situation from people around me, deep frustration with my work/creative life, etc. so what you posted was not wrong. However, how to fix it? I have no idea...but I thought the meditation would help, and it feels like it does reduce my stress. This dream did NOT reduce my stress though! :)

Carpathian
29th January 2012, 00:39
[Carpathian, I find it so very interesting that you have been a Project Avalon lurker for some time and it appears as though this odd dream has prompted you to join and become a part of this group. Hmmm.....I do welcome you! :biggrin1:

This is a great thread Carpathian. I saw this last night, but was too tired to post. I do not interpret dreams, but I have noticed that I have been dreaming more lately than ever before. And, this week alone, I have had dreams of people and situations in my past that caused upset and were never fully resolved. Two distinct people from two completely different times during my life have come into my dreams this week. One, centered around a misunderstanding that was never made right and the other centered around a type of abuse. In each of these dreams, these situations were smoothed over. We were friends and we were close.

The reason that I bring this up is because we have been reading and hearing about new galactic energies that are flowing in from different directions and these energies are bringing up the worst of our situational fears from the past so that we can grasp these fears and deal with them and let them go.

Snowbird,

Thank you so much for your reply - I really appreciate it!

I hope your response to my post is a good thing? :) You seemed hesitant -- I hope I haven't done anything wrong -- please let me know if I have!

Your response about "facing old fears" struck a chord with me...it is possible that this dream could be related to earlier abuse issues that I don't talk about. The events happened at night, so night has never been a completely safe haven for me.

I have been working on this issue diligently for many years. Maybe this was a way for my brain to face/deal with someone who was no longer alive/could not be confronted? I must say, if it was, I certainly kicked his a$$ and told him where he could go! (lol!) ;)

All kidding aside, it gives me a lot to think about. Thank you very much for your post.

Mandala
29th January 2012, 01:38
I believe your first dream was about feeling powerless and having a lack of control. The other may a signified a choice or decision that you are to make that may appear to be the correct one but may lead to a negative consequence. White/dark. It is within your grasp or power to make but you should weigh the pros and cons carefully. Mandala

skamandar
29th January 2012, 02:08
Skamandar,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Your dreams sound so scary, and I'm so sorry it caused you physical diseases too -- that must have been terrifying. It sounds like in your dreams you became strong enough to finally face your fear, and when you did you were prepared enough, brave enough, and knowledgeable enough to know what to do and how to defeat it. That's pretty amazing!!! :smile:

I am hesitant to face anything without being as wonderfully prepared as you were/are. As I posted in another reply, my interpretation of the dream (taken with a grain of salt... :smile:) was that I DID defeat something/told it to get lost. I don't know if that qualifies as "facing your fear" -- as it did not seem like it was a realization that I really had nothing to fear from the thing I was fearing (i.e. it was really powerless when I stopped running and faced it), but more of a violent, "f-you" against the fear, banishing it from my life.

Now whether that is healthy or not, I have no idea...

Hi Carpathian,

After I read your post and replayed to it, I remembered something that happened in my real life being awake. Which comes as a clarification to what I exactly mean by facing your fear. And maybe will help to define partially what is healthy, or to be more precise - how something completely unhealthy can turn into something completely healthy in an instance. And I think it's not about whether you are prepared or not... it is about a good way to react in case something which you are totally not prepared for comes in your life (being awake or dreaming)

So this is the story:

One night I am going home walking. My working place was relatively near to where I lived and I prefer to walk. As I passed by 2 guys I noticed they started following me. I felt they had very bad intentions and they were shortening the distance very fast. So I knew I cannot fight them. I knew I am not in good shape to be able to outrun them. They started almost running behind my back - when I remembered my last dream of the tsunami. Then the thought FACE THE FEAR came very clear in my head. So I just stopped, turned around and faced my potential killers or rapists or robbers...

I told them "Good evening guys" - and they stopped confused.
I asked them "I really need to ask you a favor. I noticed as I was passing you by, that you are 2 strong guys but I was shy to approach you with my request... "
They were like - OK WHAT?
"Guys I am really terrified walking alone in the night, and I would like you to accompany me to my place which is near by. This will give me security and peace of mind"

This is exactly what they did - they sent me home. They gave me their numbers to call them any time if I felt I needed them to accompany me or if I am in trouble. They gave me many advices on how to protect myself if I am attacked by some JURKS THAT HANG AROUND .. :rolleyes:

I now know a very easy way to twist an attacking hand thanks to them..

So face whatever comes your way. If you feel that what comes is overwhelming you - just admit it... ask for help exactly the person, the dream or whatever it is directly, to help you cope with his/her/it's obvious superiority in the given situation

so simple

Snowbird
29th January 2012, 03:40
[Carpathian, I find it so very interesting that you have been a Project Avalon lurker for some time and it appears as though this odd dream has prompted you to join and become a part of this group. Hmmm.....I do welcome you! :biggrin1:

Snowbird,

Thank you so much for your reply - I really appreciate it!

I hope your response to my post is a good thing? :) You seemed hesitant -- I hope I haven't done anything wrong -- please let me know if I have!

Your response about "facing old fears" struck a chord with me...it is possible that this dream could be related to earlier abuse issues that I don't talk about. The events happened at night, so night has never been a completely safe haven for me.

I have been working on this issue diligently for many years. Maybe this was a way for my brain to face/deal with someone who was no longer alive/could not be confronted? I must say, if it was, I certainly kicked his a$$ and told him where he could go! (lol!) ;)

All kidding aside, it gives me a lot to think about. Thank you very much for your post.

Carpathian, I was smiling and in a very good state of mind when I wrote my post. When I made the statement about you having lurked here at PA for a time, and then you had this dream that prompted you to actually join this forum and have conversation with us, it made me laugh. It makes me wonder if your dream was actually the persuasion-needed to join. I wonder if the dream itself was used to help you to become involved here and lend your voice and your expertise where possible. It's possible.

How could you have done anything wrong? You have had a bad dream and came here to seek some opinions. We are more than happy to help where we can. I feel badly that I cannot interpret dreams. However, you came to the right place for support. We give it freely here.

Those new galactic energies that I mentioned are affecting everyone and everything equally. We are all/each progressing through great changes which are positive. Sometimes change is uncomfortable.

It's okay to kick a$$ sometimes. There really are situations that require this action.

Be at peace. We are glad that you are here among us. :hug:

Carpathian
31st January 2012, 03:27
kcbc2010,

Thank you for your response! I apologize for taking so long to respond -- I am writing only a few each night as I want to give everyone's posts the time and attention they deserve.

That is great info about dream interpretation -- there are so many books/websites out there about it that I would have no idea where to start. I have only sporadically looked into dream interpretation but I think it is something I would like to explore after this dream, so thank you very much for posting this! :)

Your dream sounds amazing! That must've been an incredible experience to awaken from -- it just touches on so many fundamental questions we all seem to have. Wow.

I do not remember more than what I have already written about my dream (I wrote down everything I could as soon as I could), but I will try and go back and see if there is anything I have missed/forgotten. That is a good suggestion.

Thank you again for your post, it was much appreciated! :)

Carpathian
31st January 2012, 03:44
Thinking Allowed,

Thank you for your response! I apologize for taking so long to respond -- I am writing only a few each night as I want to give everyone's posts the time and attention they deserve.

I have read about lucid dreaming and it sounded absolutely wonderful -- but it wasn't something I had tried to work on or achieve. There was a dream about 8 or 9 months ago when it seemed to happen all on its own, and it was just as they described -- AMAZING.

I realized I was dreaming in the middle of a dream (which has happened a lot of times before but I had never been able to break out of the predetermined "narrative" of the dream) and I wanted to fly. Suddenly, I could -- and it was awesome! I had free will in the dream -- I could decide to go anywhere and do anything, and the sensations in the dream were slightly stronger than normal. I could feel the wind and sun on my face as I flew. I felt the condensation from the clouds as I went through them. I zapped down to an abandoned city and was able to push over a skyscraper like Superman! Ha! It was loads of fun, but I haven't had another dream like it since.

Even with that experience (where the dream sensations were very strong), I could still easily tell the difference between the dream and reality. I do not have hallucinations or confuse the two, if that was something you were wondering. I have also "woken up" in the dream, but that just seems to cause an "endless loop" for me (I "wake up," try to do something, realize I am still dreaming, "wake up" again, etc.).

Like I said in another response, I feel like I did "face" something in this dream. I won't argue that there are some things in my life I'd rather not face, but I am hardly a "shrinking violet" when it comes to dealing with traumatic issues. Now, ghosts/paranormal stuff? Forget it - I cannot deal with that! :)

Carpathian
31st January 2012, 03:48
starchild111,

That is so weird -- I would be freaked out too if I was your husband! :) It's tempting to set up a tape recorder or something just to see if you do it all the time or it's just a one-off thing. Jeez, for the sake of my neighbors I hope not! ;)

Thank you for sharing your story -- it made me smile!

Carpathian
31st January 2012, 03:53
Lazlo,

Good Lord! Ok, I'm glad you aren't freaked by this but I sure would be! Yeesh! NO. THANK. YOU. :)

And you stayed in the room!? Uh-uh. No. The minute ONE thing happens, I would be calling the moving trucks and been out of there so fast you wouldn't even see me leave.

But thank you for sharing anyways :)

Carpathian
31st January 2012, 03:58
jackovesk,

You scared the crap out of me with your post! AH! I'm with you -- I would NEVER try that!!! What was it supposed to accomplish? I mean, I assume it wasn't THAT, so what is it used for?

Good Lord, I'm so glad to hear you got rid of the mirror and that you are ok! That is just too scary for me! :eek: I will definitely surround myself with white light from now on...!

Thank you for your post!

Carpathian
31st January 2012, 04:10
Carpathian, I was smiling and in a very good state of mind when I wrote my post. When I made the statement about you having lurked here at PA for a time, and then you had this dream that prompted you to actually join this forum and have conversation with us, it made me laugh. It makes me wonder if your dream was actually the persuasion-needed to join. I wonder if the dream itself was used to help you to become involved here and lend your voice and your expertise where possible. It's possible.

How could you have done anything wrong? You have had a bad dream and came here to seek some opinions. We are more than happy to help where we can. I feel badly that I cannot interpret dreams. However, you came to the right place for support. We give it freely here.

Those new galactic energies that I mentioned are affecting everyone and everything equally. We are all/each progressing through great changes which are positive. Sometimes change is uncomfortable.

It's okay to kick a$$ sometimes. There really are situations that require this action.

Be at peace. We are glad that you are here among us.[/COLOR][/B] :hug:

Snowbird,

I am so glad to hear that :) Everyone has been so welcoming here and the last thing i wanted to do was do something wrong on my first thread!

I cannot help but agree with your statement -- without this freaky dream I probably would've continued to lurk as I usually do. I don't post unless I feel I have something important to add to the discussion, and I know I do not have the knowledge/experience of 99% of the members here. Whether I have any "expertise" to add here is something I don't know and don't see right now, but if any situations/posts come up where I think I can help then I certainly will.

Thank you for your warm and welcoming nature and your post :)