PDA

View Full Version : Great Movie (full)... One Mans Battle wth the Ego...

astralflyer
28th January 2012, 02:39
Just found the full movie posting of what, for myself, was the most significant movie I have ever seen, Guy Richie's "Revolver". The first time I saw it, I just did not get it at all, until it hit me like a big wet fish on an arctic winter's day.

There multiple dialogs going at the same time, some spoken verbally, some are the character's thoughts, some messages are in the "pauses" of the dialog, some in the characters names, others are visual, in the set in the form of symbolism or the anime sequence. There are so many levels to the movie I still see things now after the 30th time.

Anyhow, go give it a look see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qiEfNtmv_A

☼AF☼

TargeT
28th January 2012, 02:53
one of my favorite movies... "Revolver" taught me the perals of ego in a way that Story and song were meant to... an ENTERTAINING / Enlightening way :)

I'll have to watch it again, though I say just go buy the movie (support with money things you agree with!)

Thanks for the reminder of this amazing film :)

TargeT
28th January 2012, 09:47
I also highly suggest you watch "The Nines"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810988/

close to equal to Revolver :)

w1ndmill
28th January 2012, 11:19
I also highly suggest you watch "The Nines"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810988/

close to equal to Revolver :)

Wow! So intrigued with that trailer - must see the movie! Thanks Target

taizen
28th January 2012, 17:52
I just finished watching both movies. I was moved to tears. Thanx astralflyer and TargeT. Both those movies I could see myself and the world I have created. Perhaps that explains my frequent deja vu experiences. I'm not saying I'm a '9' per say, however, when I look at the events in my life and how they have unfolded and I look to what is happening so I can make something go according to my desire, I seemingly have created chaos. Just hear me out here, I know it sounds weird.
I was in a 15 year marriage, unhappily ignored; a trophy wife with trophy kids. I longed for attention. I left that life but still wanted to be with the children since we were a 'unit'. I ended up with a person who gave me nothing but attention and my children- well they went with their father for the past year. My thoughts were to have everyone see he was nothing more than a selfish dependent person. Well, I got my wish, to my dismay. After I watched these movies, I realized that my children are seeing him the way he is (the way I want people to see him) He has been fired from several jobs, the children have become latch key children and hardly see him during the week due to his family business (a hand out job), he has a non live in girlfriend which buys their groceries and other necessities because he can't do it alone. The children are failing their public school academics (I live 1500 miles from them to do much help with keeping up with their homework), he is about to take on a part time job and here I am, about to take him to court so I can show proof that he isn't financially able to support those children. In the mean time, I'm telling my oldest son-love long, LIVE life, be who you want to be. I look at the big picture and wonder now-did I create that havoc in my life, in their lives? To top it off, I was planning on letting go of the relationship I'm currently in now, I was just waiting for the right time.
Here's the weird part, two days ago, a week after I made my decision, I was concerned for the person in my life-where will he go, where will he stay- he had no one to turn to. Two days ago, he received a call from a friend who asked him if everything was okay between the two of us. I guess this person didn't drop the conversation after my partner said we were fine. The friend told my partner for about 15 minutes, if the relationship ended, there was a place for him to go. Next, I just found out the another weird coincidence, my partner was told today that his employer has cut hours across the board (higher up corporate decision) and he will be only working 4 hours a week for the next month along with everyone else who works in and around his department (so it's not a force out).
After watching these movies, I wonder if I had something to do with this? What is my ultimate goal you ask? My goal is to live life and be a unit again with my children.
Do we take these movies with a grain of salt and then move on or do we REALLY evaluate the Law of the Universe. My story involves people's lives. Seemingly random events are connected by one person-Me. I know everyone in my story will live on. But I didn't want to hurt anyone.
I know I just revealed personal information here on the forum, but I felt it was relevant to the current thread and to this forum. If we take the Law of the Universe seriously, if we intend for our lives, we should be manifesting actions according to our intentions, no matter whether we find them good or bad. I've always followed the thought process life will work itself out, ask and you shall receive. I never thought that the consequences would lead to other's receiving personal anguish. I only want the best for people and for the best to come from people (a little naive I know). Seriously though? These events are laying out perfect so I can have what I want, what my heart wants.
I'm slowly realizing that reality is truly what you make of it. Like play dough; you have the machine to create shapes or you can use your own creativity. There are pretty colors to play with and you can be entertained for hours. When you mix the colors, though, to create another new design, however, you cannot unmix the different colors of dough. It becomes one big globby mess, leaving a little less play dough of distinct colors. I thought I was working with one big globby mess and was seemingly happy with it, but all the while my heart was busy creating another design with the fresh colors.
I would like to know if anyone else has noticed not so nice synchronistic events unfold which seemed too coincidental to just be random which ultimately lead to your heart's desire?
As I sit here reaching out to this forum, I begin to think about all the threads we've created, answered, gave our thought and heart to. What are we really doing? Are we enlightening ourselves so we can attain our own personal goals? I do have another goal, but that is for a different thread on a different day.

write4change
28th January 2012, 18:27
Your reply spoke to me very profoundly. I will think on it for the rest of the day. I will also view these movies later which I have not heard of before now.

Muzz
28th January 2012, 19:15
A while ago there was a thread on films that helped wake you up, Revolver was one of them for me.

Thanks for the reminder, I think I'll watch this again tonight.

chzqWI346DI

The scene in the lift was very weird for me to watch the first time. I had had many days like that battling with my own.

Cheers

Sapphire
28th January 2012, 19:32
The Five People You Meet in Heaven (TV 2004)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400435/

firstlook
28th January 2012, 20:12
Haven't seen this one. heard about it from people though. Will have to check it out.

Thanks. :)

astralflyer
30th January 2012, 01:46
I just finished watching both movies. I was moved to tears. Thanx astralflyer and TargeT. Both those movies I could see myself and the world I have created. Perhaps that explains my frequent deja vu experiences. I'm not saying I'm a '9' per say, however, when I look at the events in my life and how they have unfolded and I look to what is happening so I can make something go according to my desire, I seemingly have created chaos. Just hear me out here, I know it sounds weird.
I was in a 15 year marriage, unhappily ignored; a trophy wife with trophy kids. I longed for attention. I left that life but still wanted to be with the children since we were a 'unit'. I ended up with a person who gave me nothing but attention and my children- well they went with their father for the past year. My thoughts were to have everyone see he was nothing more than a selfish dependent person. Well, I got my wish, to my dismay. After I watched these movies, I realized that my children are seeing him the way he is (the way I want people to see him) He has been fired from several jobs, the children have become latch key children and hardly see him during the week due to his family business (a hand out job), he has a non live in girlfriend which buys their groceries and other necessities because he can't do it alone. The children are failing their public school academics (I live 1500 miles from them to do much help with keeping up with their homework), he is about to take on a part time job and here I am, about to take him to court so I can show proof that he isn't financially able to support those children. In the mean time, I'm telling my oldest son-love long, LIVE life, be who you want to be. I look at the big picture and wonder now-did I create that havoc in my life, in their lives? To top it off, I was planning on letting go of the relationship I'm currently in now, I was just waiting for the right time.
Here's the weird part, two days ago, a week after I made my decision, I was concerned for the person in my life-where will he go, where will he stay- he had no one to turn to. Two days ago, he received a call from a friend who asked him if everything was okay between the two of us. I guess this person didn't drop the conversation after my partner said we were fine. The friend told my partner for about 15 minutes, if the relationship ended, there was a place for him to go. Next, I just found out the another weird coincidence, my partner was told today that his employer has cut hours across the board (higher up corporate decision) and he will be only working 4 hours a week for the next month along with everyone else who works in and around his department (so it's not a force out).
After watching these movies, I wonder if I had something to do with this? What is my ultimate goal you ask? My goal is to live life and be a unit again with my children.
Do we take these movies with a grain of salt and then move on or do we REALLY evaluate the Law of the Universe. My story involves people's lives. Seemingly random events are connected by one person-Me. I know everyone in my story will live on. But I didn't want to hurt anyone.
I know I just revealed personal information here on the forum, but I felt it was relevant to the current thread and to this forum. If we take the Law of the Universe seriously, if we intend for our lives, we should be manifesting actions according to our intentions, no matter whether we find them good or bad. I've always followed the thought process life will work itself out, ask and you shall receive. I never thought that the consequences would lead to other's receiving personal anguish. I only want the best for people and for the best to come from people (a little naive I know). Seriously though? These events are laying out perfect so I can have what I want, what my heart wants.
I'm slowly realizing that reality is truly what you make of it. Like play dough; you have the machine to create shapes or you can use your own creativity. There are pretty colors to play with and you can be entertained for hours. When you mix the colors, though, to create another new design, however, you cannot unmix the different colors of dough. It becomes one big globby mess, leaving a little less play dough of distinct colors. I thought I was working with one big globby mess and was seemingly happy with it, but all the while my heart was busy creating another design with the fresh colors.
I would like to know if anyone else has noticed not so nice synchronistic events unfold which seemed too coincidental to just be random which ultimately lead to your heart's desire?
As I sit here reaching out to this forum, I begin to think about all the threads we've created, answered, gave our thought and heart to. What are we really doing? Are we enlightening ourselves so we can attain our own personal goals? I do have another goal, but that is for a different thread on a different day.

Wow Taizen, I guess the movie really brought things out, fantastic. My life for the last 2 years has been a whole series of bad synchronistic events one after the other. The timing, numerology, messages which "flash" into your life experience, people's names, events, everything seems to fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. I guess we must be careful what we wish for, enlightenment demands the ultimate payment ☼AF☼

TargeT
30th January 2012, 02:16
I just finished watching both movies. I was moved to tears. Thanx astralflyer and TargeT. Both those movies I could see myself and the world I have created. Perhaps that explains my frequent deja vu experiences. I'm not saying I'm a '9' per say,

What if we are ALL 9's and collectively we have created what "is" (though its been very directed via influence etc..) Don't doubt your own power, your past is irrelevant to "now" you can be what ever you desire, just be it :) (ITS THAT EASY! though deprogramming is not so easy, I'm finding this out personally currently.)

however, when I look at the events in my life and how they have unfolded and I look to what is happening so I can make something go according to my desire, I seemingly have created chaos. Just hear me out here, I know it sounds weird.
I think you should really examine that question, I would have difficulty answering that question with out much thought.. ask your self what do you TRUELY want what is YOUR desire and not something imposed by ego or societal standards or "habit" etc..

and as for the situation you describe, I think you are meant to learn something and aren't, and you keep getting presented difficult situations (moral difficult perhaps? or is there no remorse, i sense there is) for a reason, I'm not qualified in anyway to say this so take it for what its worth..

for example, I rarely meet people whom I don't end up giving advice, usualy things that are deep sharing and hopefuly greatly helpful for people.. I have come to accept that I attract these people and and am thinking its a hint that perhaps my direction in life should be to persue that and to focus/refine expand, (typical human behaviors :) haha ).. this took me quite a while to understand and it was rooted in the idea's your flirting with here (repetitive situations in life, commonalities that cannot be ignored etc..)

Mystical synchronicity is real, interpreting it is hard.. haha.

how empathetic are you? maybe that's a what you are being nudged to?

working on personal growth, introspection, self analysis, self understanding... these seem to be shunned today, but that (IMO) is the FIRST PLACE to start working from, if these movies modivate you to do that, all the better; they certainly helped me.

I think free will is limited by the same rules this "reality" is... Duality.. free will really comes down to duality (Trinity if you count balance/neutrality )... I could be wrong.