PDA

View Full Version : Congress Considering a Vote on Lifting Cuba Sanctions

tone3jaguar
15th July 2010, 16:27
Here you go, they are considering it. Mostly because they want increase trade exports. If they lifted the restrictions on travel, and then Cuba allowed independent investors to once again come in and build there, it would be good news for everyone. It would basically turn into Miami, LOL.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/06/AR2010070605164.html

Fredkc
15th July 2010, 16:32
We have, for 50 years, carried on a policy towards Cuba which says;
They are despicable, murderous, tyranical communists and we'll have nothing to do with them!

Meanwhile during the same 50 years, we have said about China;
They are despicable, murderous, tyranical communists and we'll "democratize" them! Mostly by selling them a billion "Happy Meals" while they and our corporate campaign contributors bankrupt our country.

Go figure.

frank samuel
15th July 2010, 17:26
Cuba despite its obvious opposition by Cuban exiles and 50 year embargo has survive. Cuba has sent doctors to 3rd world countries all around the globe also offers scholarship programs to the school of medicine to students from all over the world, the only thing they asked in return is that you do community service as a doctor for 3 years.
I think is about time they lift the embargo , Europe is doing business with Cuba so why not the US.

The Cuban people deserve better treatment from the US government. Guantanamo Bay which houses so many so called terrorist has not closed despite promises made by Obama to do so, the violation to human rights in these facilities shows the true colors of the US government. Is about time to end this nightmare, of course there's many other facilities all around the world which are probably worse than Guantanamo but at least as far as Cuba is concerned maybe Obama will keep his word, which is very doubtful.

Many many blessings to all.

Humble Janitor
15th July 2010, 20:29
I do agree that the embargo has to end. It doesn't make sense and wouldn't it REDUCE the possibility of Cuba conspiring with Venezuela? Why do you think Castro and Chavez despise the U.S so much?

Deega
16th July 2010, 21:27
Hi Tone3Jaguar,

Many thanks for your Tread and post!

I also think, it is time for America to heal his relation with Cuba once and for all. Il will be good for the economy, good for both people.

All my blessings.

Deega

Operator
17th July 2010, 00:22
It was just days ago that Fidel Castro after a long time appeared in public again ... he accused the USA of preparing for war !?!
Synchronicity ... or not ... ?