PDA

View Full Version : Language of Dolphins

vortexpoint
31st January 2012, 20:31
I came across an interesting article about research findings in dolphins and their communication. These are pretty cool findings and seem to point that dolphins have more advanced form of communication that they have been credited for.

http://wakeup-world.com/2011/11/28/the-discovery-of-dolphin-language/

http://wakeup-world.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/dolphin-lanuguage.jpg

Researchers in the United States and Great Britain have made a significant breakthrough in deciphering dolphin language in which a series of eight objects have been sonically identified by dolphins. Team leader, Jack Kassewitz of SpeakDolphin.com, ‘spoke’ to dolphins with the dolphin’s own sound picture words. Dolphins in two separate research centers understood the words, presenting convincing evidence that dolphins employ a universal “sono-pictorial” language of communication.

In his bid to “speak dolphin” Jack Kassewitz of SpeakDolphin.com, based in Miami, Florida, designed an experiment in which he recorded dolphin echolocation sounds as they reflected off a range of eight submersed objects, including a plastic cube, a toy duck and a flowerpot. He discovered that the reflected sounds actually contain sound pictures and when replayed to the dolphin in the form of a game, the dolphin was able to identify the objects with 86% accuracy, providing evidence that dolphins understand echolocation sounds as pictures. Kassewitz then drove to a different facility and replayed the sound pictures to a dolphin that had not previously experienced them. The second dolphin identified the objects with a similar high success rate, confirming that dolphins possess a sono-pictorial form of communication.

CdnSirian
1st February 2012, 02:49
This is great info, and yet from only the human viewpoint. I bet that the dolphins could help us with the HAARP frequencies and whatever nefarious plans may be in the works. If only WE knew how to ask them for help. I am not a scientist, but I feel this strongly.