PDA

View Full Version : Working with close-minded people

shadowbox
4th February 2012, 19:42
I am so tired of being surrounded by the close-minded people in my workplace. Do people even have the ability to think for themselves anymore? Any "far-off" ways of viewing "reality" that are beyond the 5 senses are just completely shot down & ignored. I am only able to have open discussion about these things with 1 person out of 100 at my job. I seriously can't take it anymore. I feel like I work with a bunch of mind-controlled robots.

If there is a great awakening, I am not seeing it. Even my views on a topic such as 9/11 (or Pearl Harbor for that matter) is completely shunned & ignored.

I am fearful that it is going to take a massive event to even just slightly convince these people.

James Gilliland seems to be on point with some things, but I am surely not seeing this rapid evolution in anyone but myself. I suppose that is all i truly know, anyway..

Anyway.. just frustrated with being called insane all the time..

CD7
4th February 2012, 19:54
Well your not the only one!!! Some of what u have said...has gone through my mind. I know it does seem amazing to me when people cannot go past the 5 senses as if thats all that exists! But have faith once the shroud is ripped to shreads, people will know all the senses were NONSENSE hehehehehehe...

Mark
4th February 2012, 20:46
Be careful what you ask for. :wizard:

Coming out of the mainstream can be very traumatic. Once you are ready, your surroundings will reflect your personal development. I wish you the best in your journey.

Tarka the Duck
4th February 2012, 20:51
One lesson I would love to say I have learned, but unfortunately, I'm still working on it and constantly get caught out - you never know the whole story of someone's life...so many people are hanging on by their fingertips to just survive. So....

Plato: Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Ineffable Hitchhiker
4th February 2012, 21:07
I am so tired of being surrounded by the close-minded people in my workplace. Do people even have the ability to think for themselves anymore? Any "far-off" ways of viewing "reality" that are beyond the 5 senses are just completely shot down & ignored. I am only able to have open discussion about these things with 1 person out of 100 at my job. I seriously can't take it anymore. I feel like I work with a bunch of mind-controlled robots.

Thank you for your post. I am sure that there are many that are in the same situation.
I was too....until I changed my awareness/perception.

There was a time when I was so angry at all the lies, I wanted to the world to know. I was a "madwoman on a mission". :becky:
Until I discovered that I was not only making my co-workers miserable, but myself too.
Now I enter gently into conversation, if a topic is called for.
If not, I still see the goodness that is in each person that I work with because I love what I do and my attitude was having a negative effect on the work I do.
We don´t have to be on the same page regarding the goings on in the world but we can have a community of spirit that is uplifting, which is much needed in todays tough times.
I cannot know what situation you are in but if things become unbearable at work, perhaps it´s time to move on.
Best of luck shadowbox.

jaybee
4th February 2012, 21:14

I agree Tarka....

And re. the thread OP...

I work for a Care Agency at the moment and last night I was at a Nursing Home paired up with another Care Worker. There we were in a smallish shower room....steam and water all over the place. We were talking to and attending to the resident...but also having a snatched conversation about possible time differentials in the Solar System...hyperdimensional physics...light frequencies....UFOs... and what not.

I had only met the other Care Worker that night and the conversation grew from talking about computers and what we were into on computers.

So...you just never know when you are going to stumble upon a kindred spirit :)

PurpleLama
4th February 2012, 21:38
I don't see the goodness or the badness, I just see what's there. I had an interesting conversation with a coworkers spouse yesterday, all about how you can't trust the people in power, gov't, corperate, or otherwise, and this person had previously been known to me to be a die hard liberal hating republican, yet he has learned that the puppets on both sides seem to be played by one puppet master, so to speak. Keep an eye out, people are changing all the time, right in front of you. It's a great honor to be there when someone's mind pries open for that initial "oh sh!t" moment.

christian
4th February 2012, 21:47
As above, so below. You can bet, that there are entities in the higher realms, in whose eyes our behaviour is rather silly and our development pretty slow. But they are forbearing, and so should we, I find.

I regularly meet lots of people, who are aware and actively creating a new paradigm, they are definitely out there. Maybe in your case, you will meet more, when you can release your aspiration to push a triangle into a circle hole, you know, to use the children's toy analogy. Drop any petty plans, keep your intent simple, pure and uplifting and see where you feel like being guided to, follow the clues.

MorningSong
4th February 2012, 21:48
I just feel I must post here.

I am a high school ESL teacher and this year have the huge pleasure of teaching a special English course designed for students who have chosen to not participate in the State Catholic Religion course. Although not all of the students who opted out of the Religion course are participating in my course, I feel that I have some the cream-of-the-cream of the students (Italian and non) in that school. Now, mind you, this course is called "English for Travel" and we have only covered the History of English speaking countries (British Colonization to modern era, WW1 and WW2, Decolonization, etc.) highlighting as many of these countries as time has permitted in the first semester and some typical tourist attractions in those countries.

I have been totally blown away by some of the things these young people pull into discussions, like the Russian boy who knew all about Area 51, Tesla, Free Energy projects and such, or the girl from Equador who informed us that South America would do just fine even if the rest of the world should crash with the present crisis, or the Chinese girl who taught us all about global economics from their point of view, the boy from Argentina giving us economic lessons learned due to their economic crisis, the Morrocan students giving us insights to the Muslim religion and culture, the Egyptian girl declaring that the Pyramids were not constructed by humans.....etc and etc.

Do not worry... the younger generation is VERY AWAKE and AWARE. And I still have 5 months to share and learn with these beautiful young people and I feel, oh, so fortunate!

another bob
4th February 2012, 21:52
Humans are in no position to judge each other. Rather, every encounter presents us with an opportunity for self-inspection. For example, whatever negativity comes up for us in relation to our experience of another just reveals to us where we still have work to do. When we see everyone as God, then we are starting to awaken.

:yo:

TelosianEmbrace
4th February 2012, 21:55
Hi shadowbox. You've been called insane. Hmmm. Strange, weird, odd, loony are other commonly used terms of endearment. Different is good.

Do you have contacts with anyone who believes in conspiracies outside of work? A group, perhaps? That way you can talk about all the 'insane' stuff you want with other 'insane' people and then go to work the next day not needing to pry open the window of belief of others. Indeed, that way others might begin to come to you. We are asked to share our ideas and beliefs when others pick up on our inner contentment, our inner glow.

Breaking through the mind control structure of others is a very delicate operation.

Ineffable Hitchhiker
4th February 2012, 21:57
Humans are in no position to judge each other. Rather, every encounter presents us with an opportunity for self-inspection. For example, whatever negativity comes up for us in relation to our experience of another just reveals to us where we still have work to do. When we see everyone as God, then we are starting to awaken.

Yes ! :)

@ MorningSong
Thank you so much for your post.
How inspiring!
Enjoy your time with your students.

another bob
4th February 2012, 22:06
"God presents himself in the inmost depths of my soul. I understand not only that he is present, but also how he is present in every creature and in everything that has being, in a devil and a good angel, in heaven and hell, in good deeds and in adultery or homicide, in all things, finally, which exist or have some degree of being, whether beautiful or ugly. I also understand that he is no less present in a devil than a good angel. Therefore, while I am in this truth, I take no less delight in seeing or understanding his presence in a devil or in an act of adultery than I do in a good angel or in a good deed. This mode of divine presence in my soul has become almost habitual. Moreover, this mode of God's presence illuminates my soul with such great truth and bestows on it such divine graces that when my soul is in this mode it cannot commit any offense, and it receives an abundance of divine gifts. Because of this understanding of God's presence my soul is greatly humiliated and ashamed of its sins. It is also granted deep wisdom, great divine consolation, and joy."

~ Angela of Foligno (1248 - 1309)

humanalien
4th February 2012, 22:09
The government gets people to believe their lies through
repetition. After 9-11, words like "Terrorist, Bin laden,
afghanistan" we repeated every day for months. Even if
the words weren't used in the same sentence.It's the
continual use of key words that make people believe lies.

If someone were to do the same thing for the good side
and use words like "Terrorist, American Government, British
Government, 9-11" or something similar, people would soon
change their minds about what they currently think happened
on 9-11.

Daft Ada
5th February 2012, 18:30
Well I know a lot of people who's whole world is their football, beer and smokes, if you even mentioned aliens to them they would probably thump you, the only reason they go to work is to earn money for their football tickets, beer and fags as we in England call them. I sometimes think we make a grave mistake by looking at all the people on this planet and lumping them all together as intelligent humans, I really believe that just like there are many varieties of birds fish dogs etc. there is also many types of Human. Some will never in their lives aspire to look to the skies and wonder.

Mark
5th February 2012, 18:39
Good point, DA. And it's all ok. :cool:

I'm not one for small-talk generally, so you can imagine how I get on with folks like that. I got better at small talk. LOL

Sometimes you can slip stuff in there. Especially when you talk about movies. Everybody likes all the sci-fi stuff these days and there are a lot of gems in there.

Selene
5th February 2012, 19:08
Don’t be too hard on yourself, Shadowbox.

The first step toward developing compassion for others is to allow compassion for yourself, for your own life, your own failings and limitations. We all have them – and they are different for each individual on the planet. Yours may not be beer and bubba, but they are your own. And I mean that in the kindest possible way.

It’s okay to scorn the “ignorance” of others, if that’s how you feel right now. You are entitled to your own feelings, and learning to be honest about them (within yourself; you don’t always need to express them to others…) is part of anyone’s emotional and spiritual growth. Those feelings will change over time.

Eventually, as you begin to forgive and love yourself just for being who you are, you will find it easier to be among others who may have different challenges and restrictions in their lives. And yes, you will find more and more kindred souls coming into your life as your own self-awareness grows. You found Avalon, after all.

It’s a process. None of us is a finished product and each of us is unique.

I do hope this is in some way helpful.

All my best wishes,

Selene

WhiteFeather
5th February 2012, 19:21
We are the Black Sheep The Open Minded, Should they care to join us?

Here's a picture of me below.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-E58Z2eOHpWw/Ts00kX2pxDI/AAAAAAAAAds/z1pOeH6fx1Y/s1600/black+sheep.jpg

Mulder
5th February 2012, 19:45
I've planted seeds in almost all my friends and family. When things start to happen, (e.g. currencies fail, a depression is admitted by our Govt, etc.) they will hopefully remember what I said and will get a "thirst" to find out the truth. So I rarely discuss anything "real" with people as it's not getting anywhere at the moment.

The saying that comes to mind is "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

mannygtr
5th February 2012, 21:15
I've planted seeds in almost all my friends and family. When things start to happen, (e.g. currencies fail, a depression is admitted by our Govt, etc.) they will hopefully remember what I said and will get a "thirst" to find out the truth. So I rarely discuss anything "real" with people as it's not getting anywhere at the moment.

The saying that comes to mind is "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

I try to do the same .. planting seeds and i have to say that lately due to things happening people start to doubt their past beliefs, which are the first step to an evolution.
Not always works though... but generally speaking, i see people opening eyes on many subjects lately.. expecially on the masonic/illuminati thing.. and thats the way i started my path years ago and led me to many many other subjects.

Selene
5th February 2012, 21:24
Your lovely avatar is a very good analogy for this, Mannygtr. Kind of like a 'drip feed' - the ripples that spread from a single drop of information.

Yeah, all we can do is plant seeds. Or drops of water into the pond....

Cheers,

Selene

Warlock
6th February 2012, 02:18
People have been brainwashed/hypnotized without their knowledge.

The difference is you know that YOU have, but they don't know that THEY have.

I do know a few that know what's going on, but it took quite a few years to find them, not that I was looking for them.

They will come your way. Just be patient.

Warlock

gypsybutterflykiss
6th February 2012, 02:27
We are the Black Sheep The Open Minded, Should they care to join us?

Here's a picture of me below.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-E58Z2eOHpWw/Ts00kX2pxDI/AAAAAAAAAds/z1pOeH6fx1Y/s1600/black+sheep.jpg

I think you're mistaken... That black sheep is me!

Sith73
6th February 2012, 02:30
All great post! I to am surrounded by robots at work. I have had one successful conversation with an individual who is very religious. In the conversation I said "do you even know what you are?" He said umm no. but wanted more information in which I talked with for over two hours. He was shocked, puzzled, confused, but wanted to talk more. I told him we need to discuss at a later time once you had time to digest the information given. He looks at me as an enlightened individual and I talk with him all the time now. The people at work who are still asleep you must let them wake up on their own. You also must be careful in what you say to some people as they might think you are crazy which could get you in trouble or worse fired. I'm trying to do my part in helping others see the truth as service to others instead of service to self. Everything is shifting so people are waking up. Be there for them and help when possible.

"Fear is the mind killer"

conk
6th February 2012, 18:36
Don't you love it when someone mocks you and laughs at your testament, while never having read the material themselves?

"I don't have to watch or listen, I know it's not real". How....do....you....know?

winston smith1971
6th February 2012, 20:07
http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1303458099p5/4467789.jpg
“Even though you be a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Your preaching to the choir. The closed-mindedness is incredible i actually started a thread about this a while back and i think there were several before mine.
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?29947-A-Daily-Battle.
I feel that most of us must have experience this situation. It is so frustrating and i feel you have expressed it in a far more calm way than i.I unfortunately need to study Ghandi alot more and take on his approach instead of my Mr. Angry mode.I can only wish you luck with your struggle.
"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
Mahatma Gandhi"

Cilka
6th February 2012, 23:28

If there is a great awakening, I am not seeing it. Even my views on a topic such as 9/11 (or Pearl Harbor for that matter) is completely shunned & ignored.

I am fearful that it is going to take a massive event to even just slightly convince these people.

James Gilliland seems to be on point with some things, but I am surely not seeing this rapid evolution in anyone but myself. I suppose that is all i truly know, anyway..

Anyway.. just frustrated with being called insane all the time..
I know how you feel shadowbox, I am in the same situation. It is also hard for me to believe that there is a mass awakening of humanity. But then when you think about it, we are the minority so it is our problem that we are not like everyone else. They are normal but we are not, we make up a very small percentage of the population, maybe our DNA has a some kind of mutation that majority of the population does not have. We just have to make the best of it while we are here.

I am really bad at small talk, it's like pretending to be someone else and that suffocates me more. When I go to work I become a silent zombie, but at least I am not wasting useless words that contaminate the universe even more. Silence works for me, for others it won't.

Ecnal61
12th February 2012, 15:15
http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1303458099p5/4467789.jpg
“Even though you be a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Your preaching to the choir. The closed-mindedness is incredible i actually started a thread about this a while back and i think there were several before mine.
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?29947-A-Daily-Battle.
I feel that most of us must have experience this situation. It is so frustrating and i feel you have expressed it in a far more calm way than i.I unfortunately need to study Ghandi alot more and take on his approach instead of my Mr. Angry mode.I can only wish you luck with your struggle.
"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
Mahatma Gandhi"
winston smith i understand completely where you are coming from,it is surprising how much of the herd mentality still exists out there in sheeple land,i think we all have been through the scenario of trying to explain our point of view only to be met by blank or incredulous looks or laughing.A friend recently told me that he thought i needed medical[psychiatric] help if i believed in"all THAT rubbish". ultimately all we can do is walk our own path and hope some will follow.

mosquito
13th February 2012, 01:27
.......... I feel that I have some the cream-of-the-cream of the students (Italian and non) in that school.
Do not worry... the younger generation is VERY AWAKE and AWARE. And I still have 5 months to share and learn with these beautiful young people and I feel, oh, so fortunate!

WOW !! It sounds like you really have got some amazing students, you are very VERY blessed, I hope you enjoy your time with them and enjoy sharing with them, they are a gift to you, and you to them ;)

I'm teaching English in a state exam-passing institution (oops, I mean high school), and only rarely now have such wonderful encounters. But occasionally I get my mind blown by my students's insightfulness. Although they are really lovely, getting Chinese students to actually think for themselves is an uphill struggle, but I'm making progress, albeit slow !