PDA

View Full Version : An Old Con Man's Trick and Distraction from Purpose

music
4th February 2012, 21:30
I knew a professional gambler and conman who once ran an ad in a newspaper that read “Today is your last day to send $1.00 to PO Box 254.” That was all, but it was enough. After picking up a sack of mail, full of letters each containing a dollar, I asked him why people sent it, not knowing what it is for. He replied that people don’t want to feel they are missing out on something, and since it is only a dollar, many will send it in the hope that some good will come of it. The key is that it is “just a dollar”. It is an old conman’s trick that can take many forms.

Sound familiar?

Distraction from purpose ensues when one can set the optimistic people who are ready to believe anything, against the cynics who have a hard time believing anything good without proof. The world is full of left and right brained people, as we would expect in a duality, and it is unwise for the NWO to allow these people to form alliances. That is why we are bombarded with distraction, and purposely given scenarios or information that are designed to split us and keep us from unity.

The proponents of the NWO also seek to ridicule us, and to set us sniping at each other, and berating each other. Think of the 100 spaces on the space ship thread for example. In fact, they have us so well trained that we now do their work amongst ourselves without need for their manipulations.

Seek internal unity. Cultivate both left and right brained awareness. Try to be be both rational and intuitive.

Be kind, and remember Love.

Amysenthia
4th February 2012, 21:41
Thanks. How interesting your comment is when viewing the thread from Jenci with the story written by Bill Wood in which he askes everyone for a dollar?

music
5th February 2012, 04:03
Thanks, that was part of the point of it :)

Thanks. How interesting your comment is when viewing the thread from Jenci with the story written by Bill Wood in which he askes everyone for a dollar?

Unified Serenity
5th February 2012, 04:06
I knew a professional gambler and conman who once ran an ad in a newspaper that read “Today is your last day to send $1.00 to PO Box 254.” That was all, but it was enough. After picking up a sack of mail, full of letters each containing a dollar, I asked him why people sent it, not knowing what it is for. He replied that people don’t want to feel they are missing out on something, and since it is only a dollar, many will send it in the hope that some good will come of it. The key is that it is “just a dollar”. It is an old conman’s trick that can take many forms.

Sound familiar?

Distraction from purpose ensues when one can set the optimistic people who are ready to believe anything, against the cynics who have a hard time believing anything good without proof. The world is full of left and right brained people, as we would expect in a duality, and it is unwise for the NWO to allow these people to form alliances. That is why we are bombarded with distraction, and purposely given scenarios or information that are designed to split us and keep us from unity.

The proponents of the NWO also seek to ridicule us, and to set us sniping at each other, and berating each other. Think of the 100 spaces on the space ship thread for example. In fact, they have us so well trained that we now do their work amongst ourselves without need for their manipulations.

Seek internal unity. Cultivate both left and right brained awareness. Try to be be both rational and intuitive.

This might be the best post I've ever read of yours. Not as an insult Music, just the insight.... goes back to observing.

sleepy
5th February 2012, 04:07
xxxxx xxxxx

music
5th February 2012, 06:09

Sound familiar?

This might be the best post I've ever read of yours. Not as an insult Music, just the insight.... goes back to observing.

No insult taken at all, I appreciate your keen mind and awareness, and appreciate the comment. It shows the value of providing examples from life - we all have unique experiences and insights that are gold to our fellow travellers. My theme for today is bridges - we must work to recognise the bridges that join us, not the spaces that seperate us.

Love

tonius
5th February 2012, 07:45
Nice post ,music.
The problem is we sometimes get lost in all this information.One thing is just gathering information, another is gathering it and make something of it. After every thing we read its good we ask some questions, like : What does this mean for me? What changed in me after this ? Its about connecting the dots on your own, than after share with others to see if some ''dot'' is misplaced. Now we have the fortune to have internet, share in real time.One, sometimes, can get more lessons from short stories like yours than a long day of hard search through endless material.