PDA

View Full Version : A Cree prophecy to the world of beings for this time.

ljwheat
5th February 2012, 15:17
Only after the last tree has been cut down, Only after the last river has been poisoned, Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find money cannot be eaten.

-Cree Prophecy

rWsXFm1bHK8

Become the change, pass it forward.

DwO6pmbYDo8

Thank You to all that Have

m5TwT69i1lU

Pull up a chair, have a cup of tea, let us hear, see, and share.

We are almost there. Namaste John

CeltMan
6th February 2012, 01:38
Perhaps it is also a lesson to us all, not to judge others, by what we see and percieve?

For the original settlers did just that. They judged the Native American Indians, as a savage, primitive race.
Because they saw only a race(s) of peoples , who wore loin cloths, lived in teepees, and hunted with bows & arrows.

If only they had taken the time to learn their cultures, and deep wisdoms, how much wiser, and different a place USA, and the World might have been today.

Quote: Luther Standing Bear, 1868-1939, Oglala Sioux Chief.

"The American Indian is of the soil, whether it be the region of forests, plains, pueblos, or mesas.

He fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent, also fashioned the man for his surroundings.

He once grew as naturally as the wild sunflowers, he belongs, just as the buffalo belonged."

gypsybutterflykiss
6th February 2012, 02:22
I'm with you 110%.... Actually- it's more.

=[Post Update]=

Did you ever hear of White Buffalo Woman? Or book with that title written by Brooke Medicine Eagle?? It's a gooder!

Knowrainknowrainbows!
6th February 2012, 03:10
http://youtu.be/OLw56hHbpYI

I hope it is ok that I am including this youtube of Chief Seattle's ((Duwamish tribe) reponse to US President Pierce (1854) when he was asked to "sell" land in the northwest area of America to the US government. I have a framed copy of it hanging on a wall in my home. Though I have no direct native American heritage, I feel so connected to this writing.

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to share it! There are several variations - I like this best.

KRKR

ljwheat
6th February 2012, 04:08
http://youtu.be/OLw56hHbpYI

I hope it is ok that I am including this youtube of Chief Seattle's ((Duwamish tribe) reponse to US President Pierce (1854) when he was asked to "sell" land in the northwest area of America to the US government. I have a framed copy of it hanging on a wall in my home. Though I have no direct native American heritage, I feel so connected to this writing.
OLw56hHbpYI

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to share it! There are several variations - I like this best.

KRKR

Yes post at will, for we have little time left not to share all knowledge accessable to us.. Thank you so much for this timely wisdom. Namaste.

ljwheat
6th February 2012, 04:18
1wWjVcWX0A4

Its been over nine years since this first aired, yet it feels like today.

CeltMan
7th February 2012, 00:44
Below is a vid, which is a reference//list to the 'Indian Ten Commandments'

Perhaps we can do well to emulate them?

I count myself very fortunate to have 'found' a book, when I was aged 13. It was a very dark time for me.
This book was very inspiring, and based upon a true story.

In late 1800's the 13 year old son of a railroad engineer fell off the back of a train.
He was rescued by a hunting party of Indian youths, led by the chief's son.

He was taken back to their village, and adopted by the chief.
The boy became an indian.

The story then tells of the culture of the Red Indian, how they waste nothing, chose to live close to the earth, and nature, kill animals only to live, not for pleasure, treat the earth & nature with respect, heal themselves with natural herbs, etc.
That when they hunt buffalo, they waste nothing. The skin is used for clothes, shoes/mokasins, teepees, water bottles, etc

RoPUy7hLsKE

-------------------------------------------------------------------

frances
7th February 2012, 01:14
Like the music, like the old pictures and like the stories. I would like to see more of the old photos. Frances.

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 01:34
For your listening pleasure here are a couple, listen to the pride in spirit and know this has alway been our way. not civilization.

xvGiYFOx5T4

rwQFmTwbQpE

We must learn the song of our spirit, we must, sing of the living. Stop learning the wisdom of the dead. Namaste

CxYTGl9KUNA

Sing the songs, fly with the eagles, so you too may dance with the wolfs.

CeltMan
7th February 2012, 01:36
Like the music, like the old pictures and like the stories. I would like to see more of the old photos. Frances.

Hi Frances,

I have a collection of 50, 'old cigarette cards' framed, of Native American Indian Chiefs.

I admit, that I had not realised just how many different tribes there were.

It takes pride of place on my lounge wall, a constant reminder of this now diminsihed, but once proud and wise native peoples.

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 02:14
5RClk-4cqZU

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 02:18
kUQXdUPgUb4

frances
7th February 2012, 02:22
What a wonderful thread. The feathers not just head dress but symbolic of between heaven and earth. The photographs are so special and the music and singing are special too. Thank you to Ijwheat and Celtman. Frances.

gooty64
7th February 2012, 02:31
Thank you my friend jwheat,

it's ironic isn't it? the natives are the only ones that can save us now...

5RClk-4cqZU

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 02:39
8L1Fslf3g2M

Good catch Gooty64, yes this intent is our spirit and more.

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 02:52
igJnApEtg1I

=[Post Update]=

FAq3Uu_QdHs

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 03:09
-ive7OW8P8A

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 03:12
bAvZyfZa1Gw

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 03:18
1OQTalCJJR4

They have taken our minds they have not the spirit, let us return to the one spirit of all that is.

Maia Gabrial
7th February 2012, 14:04
I think it was on one of Glenn Beck's shows where he tells what his research team found out about Native Americans at around the time when Pilgrims landed on this continent. One of the things that has been hidden was that fact that the Natives HAD structures and small cities; they didn't just living in teepees. Excavations proved this out. They were not the savages as everyone was lead to believe....

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 16:53
I think it was on one of Glenn Beck's shows where he tells what his research team found out about Native Americans at around the time when Pilgrims landed on this continent. One of the things that has been hidden was that fact that the Natives HAD structures and small cities; they didn't just living in teepees. Excavations proved this out. They were not the savages as everyone was lead to believe....

thank you so much i'm working on finding this to post. mean while listen to this.

5DZTPURyAX4

gooty64
7th February 2012, 17:24
A good video about the Cogi.

pnLX9pdKuEg

ljwheat
7th February 2012, 17:49
ctYoCGJIxsw part 1

6Kxt20F3STg part 2

yMyyFq1pM04 part 3

CeltMan
7th February 2012, 18:03

I too have read that ancient cities and structures were discovered in USA

Some were beneath 'mounds'.

But, as I recall, they were dated at about 6,000 years old, so well before the times of the Native American Indians-whom the settles of 1500's & 1700's etc found.--Although perhaps their ancestors?

Cilka
8th February 2012, 02:20
There are still beautiful people out there speaking wisdom. Carlos Castaneda presents a lot of wisdom in his books.

8th February 2012, 02:58
Here is a link to the Lakota radio station & web site Kili
on the Pine Ridge, Cheyenne River and Rosebud Reservation

Go to the website and there are links to your right -link to listen online

http://kiliradio.org/kiliradio.org/KILI_home.html

Love

Nora

we are all related

Arrowwind
8th February 2012, 03:02
I am having a Native American experience these past few weeks. I am in southern Arizona in a small town that has lots of Native Americans in it of the Papago tribe, and recently they have gone back to their native name the Tohono O'Odham.. The reservation is about 20 minutes away.

So far my experience is fairly limited but this I will say... these are not a happy people and their health is very poor.
I was standing in line in one of those dollar stores and the line was quite long. Almost all the other people were Native Americans. Every single one of them were obese...morbidly obese.

These Tohono O'Odham are big boned people and some are quite tall and they certainly are genetically the representaion of the mighty native as found in mythic story. So far after being in this town for 2 weeks I have only seen one that was not obese. As I stood in line and observed I saw mostly young women, in their 20s or so. They all had bags of chips and cases of coke. Down the isle I glanced to see a girl perhaps about 12 years old. She was very tall and quite beautiful and slender. She was actually spectacular as she pranced around the isle in her childlike innocence. She was surrounded by older women, friends or family, who were all obese. It broke my heart.

The people here largely have a pretty big alcohol problem, unemployment and they get much of their food from the Food Bank.. and that is all canned stuff and rice and flour and oil.

the plight of the Native American seems to be unending and they keep paying and paying and paying for what the white man has done to them. Unlike some of the Ogala, Cherokee and a few other tribes who did not have the awakening of the 70's brought on by the American Indian Movement and endeavors of the elders, many have not found themselves again. They are lost to themselves and to the great spirit.

I heard that out on the reservation they have built a new medical clinic. Its suppose to be quite fancy. Im going to go take a look this week. Many of these people are diabetic and have severe heart disease. I've seen some with black fingers and toes because of it. It is so very everywhere here.

I woke up last night in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep for thinking of the issues this tribe faces and wondered what could I do? What could anyone do?

This type II diabetes is very easy to cure. It is very easy.
The alcoholism is not so easy.
I wonder if they would want a cure.
I wonder if they could change their path.
I wonder if they would want to.
I wonder what it would take for them to want to and be willing to see the way.

Although Native Americans have some very wise elders
there are not enough of them to go around
Their wisdom is not heard nor respected
in many corners of the reservation.

just found this site. http://www.tocaonline.org/Home.html
Seems they have a leader who is proactive in community gardens and
restoring traditional diet.
Good for them.. but from what I see here they need a lot more.