PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about higher self and going within

Ultima Thule
7th February 2012, 08:28
If you have time, tell me about what is in your understanding higher self, what is going within for answers? What is being connected to the source?

Tell it to me like you would to a person that has never heard about any of these concepts.

UT

ViralSpiral
7th February 2012, 09:57
WR7yzPLXNAM

GaelVictor
7th February 2012, 10:35
Going with the "answer with sound and image" direction this thread has gotten, i will suggest a pineal gland activation before connecting to higher realms of self.
Because that is your gateway.

3h2mJnvRbZ8

Jenci
7th February 2012, 10:39
Hi UT

This has recently been discussed here and there is plenty of good information in this thread
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?37071-How-do-You-Contact-Your-Higher-Self

Jeanette

GaelVictor
7th February 2012, 11:29
You can find usefull information regarding the pineal gland in this thread;

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?12511-Pineal-Gland

mahalall
7th February 2012, 12:03
hi UT
C_IgKPuhJoQ

A simple one

GaelVictor
7th February 2012, 12:10
hi UT
C_IgKPuhJoQ

A simple one

The icecubes would be your realisation of lower self, transmuting into higher self(steam), through the heat of your Kundalini(fire), focussed through the pan which represents the pineal gland.

jaybee
7th February 2012, 12:14

not REALLY on topic...but hey!

I had a thought about lucid dreams and what happens when you realise you are dreaming but you still hold onto your personel awake self....like linking into two dimensions simultaneously. (?)

Well.....what if we can do this the other way round...like clicking into the dream dimension when we are awake.

Would we be able to fly.... etc etc

:)

Borden
7th February 2012, 12:45

I had a thought about lucid dreams and what happens when you realise you are dreaming but you still hold onto your personel awake self....like linking into two dimensions simultaneously. (?)

Well.....what if we can do this the other way round...like clicking into the dream dimension when we are awake.

That's exactly the sort of crazy thing I ponder too!

Let's do ourselves a favour though and attempt take off from the ground, not a rooftop.

I've done exercises before where I identify my thoughts, then ask myself who is doing the thinking, having the thoughts. It seems to be an act of stepping back and observing yourself, and can continue beyond the first layer of "that person having those thoughts is not the essential me".

When I've done this I've found it's possible to get into a state of serene detachment from absolutely everything ... my life, my death, the nature of reality, etc, etc. Then I get an itch or I sneeze or something and it messes everything up. I'm clearly no expert!

Borden

jaybee
7th February 2012, 13:04

That's exactly the sort of crazy thing I ponder too!

Let's do ourselves a favour though and attempt take off from the ground, not a rooftop.

I've done exercises before where I identify my thoughts, then ask myself who is doing the thinking, having the thoughts. It seems to be an act of stepping back and observing yourself, and can continue beyond the first layer of "that person having those thoughts is not the essential me".

When I've done this I've found it's possible to get into a state of serene detachment from absolutely everything ... my life, my death, the nature of reality, etc, etc. Then I get an itch or I sneeze or something and it messes everything up. I'm clearly no expert!

Borden

thanks for the feedback Borden...:thumb:

Underlined.......LOL

Can we somehow apply the Hutchinson Effect to ourselves? (but not so fast)

Through the power of the Spine/ Pineal Gland or even with external frequencies...

Although I'm not sure how healthy the external frequencies would be? Or even how to make them.

VyscSun3VkA

mmmmmmmm time for a(nother) cup of tea...;)

jaybee
7th February 2012, 13:30
Although I'm not sure how healthy the external frequencies would be? Or even how to make them.

maybe the 'external' frequencies could be safely harnessed on ley lines, or in stone circles...or similar places...?

Borden
7th February 2012, 13:50
Hi, Ultima Thule,

This is in the spirit of, as you suggested, pretending you know nothing about the subject, and pretending that I do, ha.

(This is not designed to tell you what I don't know for sure, but is merely my current feeling about it all, and the tone is as it is to that end, not a patronising claim of any higher understanding! It's my current theory, that's all.)

The higher self is the self, and is a component of what some people call 'God', though religions have made that a dirty word in my book, in much the same way 'love' has been made a dirty word.

God found itself existing, somehow, and was lonely. It wanted answers to the problems of its loneliness and its existence. So it did the sensible thing and said '"let's split up" to itself. The sound it made when it did this might have been a bang. A big one. I don't know. Physicists seem to think they do.

God wasn't a compete idiot though, and knew that it had better retain awareness of itself when it did this. Or maybe it couldn't help but retain awareness of itself. God knows. Possibly.

Everything in the universe is an expression of consciousness, including planets, stars, trees, rocks, bacteria, etc. But not just organic things or heavenly bodies ... fountain pens, space hoppers and bicycles are too. I don't have any idea what they think about the situation though.

So all this 'reality' we're experiencing is God's playground, where it wants to find the answers to its existence. God did individuate, and one theory I've found interesting is the godhead one, which I believe suggests that 'God' has a limited number of basic components, twelve I think - and that we all stem from one of those twelve.

The higher self, as I see it, is the real you, not a guardian angel or anything, though may act in that way. The real you knows the game, and is well aware of absolutely everything in the universe. It is godly, and wants you to achieve enlightenment of some sort, to 'wake up' to your inherent godliness. It can't interfere very directly with your conscious self because that would miss the point of the endeavour of splitting up in the first place, but if you look for it ... maybe that's a different story.

I have deep suspicions that God's plan was possibly not a great one. I'm allowed to think that, because I'm part of it too.

Sorry about the light-hearted tone, but considering the way in which you asked your question there's always the danger that someone will come along and explain it all to you authoritatively as though they absolutely know, and are ... teaching you.

I don't know, that's just my take on it, today. Might be completely different tomorrow, because if I weren't progressing and allowing my ideas to evolve there wouldn't be much point to any of it!

Borden

CD7
7th February 2012, 13:53
Going within is like Ur a nut and u begin to feel "meat" of the nut and realize tht Ur breaking away from the nuts shell...the shell u idetified as yourself was Not u. Then u begin to connect with the "meat" and its core more and more. it feels like u are anchored and stable..then u begin to b the observer through the nuts shell. U see other nuts arguing non stop about the shell of all the nuts and how best to protect it. More and more u do not identify with the shell and wish for it to break so u can expand freely and BE who u are.
Lol some sarcasm but also truth in trying to convey the feeling! :-)

S-L
7th February 2012, 15:08
I will share my understanding based on my Steps to Knowledge (http://www.newmessage.org/nmfg/Steps_to_Knowledge.html) (the book is free) practice, which is a program designed to reclaim your relationship with your Higher Self, which we call Knowledge. I am a beginning student, so please keep this in mind as you read my words.

We have the mind and we have a spiritual intelligence within us called Knowledge, Higher Self, Christ Consciousness, Buddhahood, Universal Mind, etc. It is our connection to God that was never severed. It is alive, intelligent, wise. It is the source of what we call "intuition". However, intuition is a pale shadow of its power. It does not think or deliberate; it simply knows. This is why it is our true foundation in the world. It cannot be manipulated, corrupted, destroyed. The world does not intimidate it. This is why it is so valuable. To be able to reconnect with it, to reclaim your relationship with is, is a tremendous advantage. It is our true source of freedom and awareness in the world.

There are many practices or paths available to allow one to reconnect with it. This may not be possible for everyone in this lifetime, but it is a potential we all have. To successfully achieve this we must bridge the gap between the mind and our Higher Self. Often they are at the core of every major religion. Zen for Buddhism, Sufism for Islam, etc. The method of doing is "reprogramming" the mind to look and behave and think more and more like the Higher Self. The gap narrows ever more... eventually allowing the Higher Self to slip over it and have a more direct impact on your life. It can then speak and act through you, guide you in a far more overt fashion. Far beyond anything you could call intuition. Then you can set about to fulfill your true purpose in the world, for that is all it cares about. This is the source of true happiness, fulfillment, and direction in your life.

Once you can bridge this gap and allow your Higher Self to shine through, your mind and body become a vessel for a Greater expression. Your body serves your mind, your mind serves your Spirit, and your Spirit serves God. This is the natural balance of things. It exudes from you like a fragrance, impacting everyone around you. You become a bridge between heaven and earth - a small slice of heaven expressed within this reality. It is the epitome of all true achievement. Once you can reach this level, you do not need to reincarnate here anymore, if you do not wish to. You can move on to the next step.

The quotes on this page (http://greatercommunity.org/wiki/index.php?title=Knowledge) describe it better than I ever could.

TraineeHuman
7th February 2012, 15:29
We live in a society and culture which is “fallen”, not really in the sense that the Christian churches use that term. It’s “fallen” in the sense that from a very, very young age human beings learn to constantly use psychological defences, and that position of weakness is supposedly “normal” to our society.

It’s not really normal at all, in the sense of natural, or genuine, or sane, or helpful. It’s also crazy, because humans aren’t weak, at all. There’s totally no need to build walls around ourselves, ever. It’s insane, but everybody pretends it’s not (The Emperor’s “New Clothes”).

Unfortunately, everybody in our society gets taught when they’re very, very young, by their parents and everybody else, that you dare not challenge this. You dare not ever ever speak out, or you will be swiftly and very forcefully silenced, even though it’s done subtly.

The biggest psychological defence is denial. That’s denial that certain true things about yourself, that you currently imagine you’re way too weak to face, are true. So it is that from before the age of one you are taught to be dishonest with yourself, radically dishonest, in every moment.

Obviously, it soon gets confusing who you are at all, in a big picture sense. I mean, who exactly is being dishonest with whom? Certainly you’ll be the last person to know.

Imagine telling the most gigantic lies and then spending the rest of your life making up ever more and more lies to cover for them. You just get more and more entangled in dishonesty with yourself, till you have little sense left that all this actually is dishonesty. Which is kind of what the game is insanely designed to achieve: How "far out" into falseness can we go?

The Higher Self? It’s just who you really are – or, rather, were when you got born. Take away and face all the denials. Just get back to trusting yourself completely, by being totally honest with yourself about yourself, always, no matter what. See where that leads you. It’ll take a lot of undoing, almost as if you have to keep peeling off what almost seems like your own skin.

Funny thing is, what you’ll end up finding is that the real honest pure you is a giant. So gigantic you’ll start to ask whether the real you is as powerful and wise as God, even. (Anyway, God is very subtle, very gentle. For there is nothing more powerful than true gentleness, like a reed bending in the wind and rain.) And only in a nice way, not in an egotistical one. Not that you were expecting to find anything like God. I hope I’m not spoiling any of it for you. But then, don’t listen to me –listen only to yourself, to the deepest and strongest true urges in your heart.

I won’t tell you what else you’ll discover, as you uncover you true nature, which is just simply the natural you. But it’s all good.

CD7
7th February 2012, 15:34
I have seen a giant within and it does not resemble ANYTHING, meaning NO references here!...not even superheros ....curious ;-)

TraineeHuman
8th February 2012, 02:29
There are hundreds of ways, thousands, of describing what the Higher Self is in simple language. That’s not the problem.

In fact, finding your Higher Self is in many ways all about learning to be and feel very, very simple, all the time. (I don’t mean being a moron, or a victim. That‘s not what real simplicity is about. Real simplicity makes everything around you simple.) That’s all.

The only problem is, words can only point you towards experiences and insights you need to have yourself. Otherwise, any word at all is abstract. “Abstract” means something like “subtracted” – what’s been subtracted is the experience, the piece of reality that the word is only a signpost to.

You have to get rid of all the false signposts you’ve accepted. Only then will you start to notice the more true signposts. Only then will you be willing to consider that who you really, really are, in the big and infinite picture, is as big as the whole universe, if not maybe bigger. And it even becomes obvious, once you’ve found a way to get rid of the misleading signposts.

Let me give an example, though I guess this will sound very abstract -- unless you look and watch very, very carefully and clearly. Everything you could possibly understand or be aware of about the universe goes iinto your consciousness. But your consciousness is part of you! So, where did you get the false idea from that you're anything smaller than that? Did you think that what is "you" completely ends at the surface of your skin? Well, what about your actions? And what if everything inner is interconnected in some strong way with everything and everybody else? How far out from your skin, do you suppose, you would have to go before you were outside of the real you?

Rantaak
8th February 2012, 06:00
A bit of pandering in the responses here, so I will endeavor conciseness.

The higher self is the pilot of ones consciousness. It knows where it's been and where it's going. It always knows exactly what to do. It is beyond polarity and will treat you well. It is the only true god. It has access to all of your memories in your present and other incarnations, with a few anomalous exceptions that you ought not worry about in the situation in which you are asking these questions in the first place.

Going within is as simple as remembering your true nature. It means overcoming the restraint of spoken language and adapting a new, universal language. It is the channeling of ecstatic rapture. It is a spike in the production of endogenous neurotransmitters which catalyze presence and focus. It can be horrifying to the unsuspecting yet it can be illuminating to the perceptive. The higher self is nurturing though, and will only show you what you are ready to see. Unlike Salvia Divinorum.

In the movie Limitless (2011), Eddie Mora discovers an esoteric drug which connects him to his higher self. As the plot unfolds, he slowly and remarkably discovers that when he learns to integrate this knowledge, he no longer requires the drug in order to connect with his higher self. Very cool movie, in my opinion. Made me want to learn Italian, Hindi and Gaelic in order to impress women. :cool:

trenairio
8th February 2012, 06:03
Discovering one's inner essence, that all humans are fundamentally the same [and connected] on the deepest level. All are equal, treat each other as you treat your brethren. The outer shells may be different and unique to each one of us, but all possess what is called the human spirit.

Carmen
8th February 2012, 06:06
I liked your description Rantaak! It was the most concise. Must look out for that movie!

Ultima Thule
8th February 2012, 06:20
A thought: is my higher self a more evolved version of me - me in the future. In that sense am I the unconscious higher self of a less evolved me of the past? Could among other tasks higher self be a carrier wave of signals that echo in time back and forth according to actions in different incarnations?

UT

Borden
8th February 2012, 06:44
There are hundreds of ways, thousands, of describing what the Higher Self is in simple language. That’s not the problem.

In fact, finding your Higher Self is in many ways all about learning to be and feel very, very simple, all the time. (I don’t mean being a moron, or a victim. That‘s not what real simplicity is about. Real simplicity makes everything around you simple.) That’s all.

The only problem is, words can only point you towards experiences and insights you need to have yourself. Otherwise, any word at all is abstract. “Abstract” means something like “subtracted” – what’s been subtracted is the experience, the piece of reality that the word is only a signpost to.

You have to get rid of all the false signposts you’ve accepted. Only then will you start to notice the more true signposts. Only then will you be willing to consider that who you really, really are, in the big and infinite picture, is as big as the whole universe, if not maybe bigger. And it even becomes obvious, once you’ve found a way to get rid of the misleading signposts.

Let me give an example, though I guess this will sound very abstract -- unless you look and watch very, very carefully and clearly. Everything you could possibly understand or be aware of about the universe goes iinto your consciousness. But your consciousness is part of you! So, where did you get the false idea from that you're anything smaller than that? Did you think that what is "you" completely ends at the surface of your skin? Well, what about your actions? And what if everything inner is interconnected in some strong way with everything and everybody else? How far out from your skin, do you suppose, you would have to go before you were outside of the real you?

"Thems some mighty deep words, boy!"

Nicely said

Borden

Borden
8th February 2012, 06:47
A thought: is my higher self a more evolved version of me - me in the future. In that sense am I the unconscious higher self of a less evolved me of the past? Could among other tasks higher self be a carrier wave of signals that echo in time back and forth according to actions in different incarnations?

UT

I've thought that too!

I've wondered if the higher self might be a version of me that has seen the length and breadth of all that I am, including every possible 'many worlds theory' permutation ... and therefore has infinite understanding of every possible response I might have to every possible thing that could happen. That would be some pretty heavy wisdom, wouldn't it?

Borden

eileenrose
8th February 2012, 09:42
Ultima,
Ok, I'll bite.

Going within. Easy enough. You've taken the sitting mediation classes. Or can easily find one. They ask you to just sit and be. Or do some sort of slow low voice talking that ask you to deeply examine some part of your life, for a few minutes, while you sit and listen (usually with closed eyes). If you sit with someone who is present and a master, you (or at least I usually do), pick up on a feeling in the room. A very peaceful feeling.

Now multiply that feeling. By a lot (use your imagination). So now you are deeply under, but still conscious. You still are sitting, and being, and feeling those in the room with you, and you can check your breathing. Now the speaker has been talking for several days/weeks/years (most of have gone to groups for a while now) and they ask you to visualize a time you were afraid. WAM! You recall that time. ANd then they ask you to sit with that fearful feeling. BAM! The feeling changes. Either it becomes stronger, because you now are 'focused' on it, or it begins to release, because you've done this several times before and are starting to get the hang of it.

There. You've 'gone within'.

You can't do it talking. You usually can't do it walking (though I have....it is called a walking meditation). You can't do it when your mind is full of ideas of what to do next. You have to teach yourself to just be still and feel. Once in a while, you get it right and an energy comes up, usually extremely uncomfortable, and now, if you've trained yourself to just watch it (as an observer), it will either become more uncomfortable (and you end up realizing this is going to take a week or more of your time....so clear you schedule) or it suddenly releases, and you feel much much better.

Make sense now?

eileen

Rantaak
8th February 2012, 10:02
Ultima,
Ok, I'll bite.

Going within. Easy enough. You've taken the sitting mediation classes. Or can easily find one. They ask you to just sit and be. Or do some sort of slow low voice talking that ask you to deeply examine some part of your life, for a few minutes, while you sit and listen (usually with closed eyes). If you sit with someone who is present and a master, you (or at least I usually do), pick up on a feeling in the room. A very peaceful feeling.

Now multiply that feeling. By a lot (use your imagination). So now you are deeply under, but still conscious. You still are sitting, and being, and feeling those in the room with you, and you can check your breathing. Now the speaker has been talking for several days/weeks/years (most of have gone to groups for a while now) and they ask you to visualize a time you were afraid. WAM! You recall that time. ANd then they ask you to sit with that fearful feeling. BAM! The feeling changes. Either it becomes stronger, because you now are 'focused' on it, or it begins to release, because you've done this several times before and are starting to get the hang of it.

There. You've 'gone within'.

You can't do it talking. You usually can't do it walking (though I have....it is called a walking meditation). You can't do it when your mind is full of ideas of what to do next. You have to teach yourself to just be still and feel. Once in a while, you get it right and an energy comes up, usually extremely uncomfortable, and now, if you've trained yourself to just watch it (as an observer), it will either become more uncomfortable (and you end up realizing this is going to take a week or more of your time....so clear you schedule) or it suddenly releases, and you feel much much better.

Make sense now?

eileen

Hmmmmm the phrase, "You Can't," is particularly contrary to the nature of the higher self, or at least contrary to the exercise of learning to tap into the higher self. It is possible to have on-demand access. When you're running, talking, playing music, skydiving, sleeping, etc... One should not confuse dissociation with attention.

Oh hey, you live in Santa Cruz! I'm just over the hill!

eileenrose
9th February 2012, 04:11
U

Hmmmmm the phrase, "You Can't," is particularly contrary to the nature of the higher self, or at least contrary to the exercise of learning to tap into the higher self. It is possible to have on-demand access. When you're running, talking, playing music, skydiving, sleeping, etc... One should not confuse dissociation with attention.

Hi Rantaak,
i am talking about, obviously, the typical person (out there).

I will give an example.
They just finished a study, it was on 60 minutes last week. They asked the people who were talented multitaskers to take a test. Guess what? While everyone assumed they were
good at all their task, they weren't. They scored lower than the people who weren't multitasking (you know, skyping, texting, on the computer and writing a paper all at the same time type of individuals....mostly on the younger side),....actually way lower. But they assumed they were 'talented' individuals who could 'multi-task'.

So are you doing the same thing?
Yes.

It is just the mind trying to justify itself. It is a tad tricky.
I would stick with what you know.
I certainly do. Otherwise you are just promoting an idea (that you have) and not a reality.

eileen

Rantaak
9th February 2012, 06:53
U

Hi Rantaak,
i am talking about, obviously, the typical person (out there).

I will give an example.
They just finished a study, it was on 60 minutes last week. They asked the people who were talented multitaskers to take a test. Guess what? While everyone assumed they were
good at all their task, they weren't. They scored lower than the people who weren't multitasking (you know, skyping, texting, on the computer and writing a paper all at the same time type of individuals....mostly on the younger side),....actually way lower. But they assumed they were 'talented' individuals who could 'multi-task'.

So are you doing the same thing?
Yes.

It is just the mind trying to justify itself. It is a tad tricky.
I would stick with what you know.
I certainly do. Otherwise you are just promoting an idea (that you have) and not a reality.

eileen

Your example suggests by virtue of statistical correlation (unreliable) that people exist at different levels of competence. For example, if there is a statistical correlation between infant death rates in the past ten years and babies named, "Mary," that doesn't imply causality in any way, shape or form. Yet this is the basis of most "scientific studies." However, I do not contend the idea put forth by your "study", for that has been my subjective experiential observation. I'm just trying to point out the pointlessness of such an exercise. I can see a Nazi scientist somewhere, saying, "How can ve distort zhe people's common sense by providing some sort of structural set of axioms vhich validate left-brained belief patterns?" (auf Deutsche, aber)

If one is to draw a schism between "an idea (that you have)" and "reality" then clearly there is a very damaged understanding of the phenomena. Duality is so yesterday, my dear.

Yes, everyone exists at different levels of experience and competence. On earth today, we have individuals who are on their first incarnation as well as individuals who are on their 2,000th incarnation as well as final incarnations. If the nature of incarnation is to be simultaneous, then telling anyone that they are weak or inadequate is not productive to the collective evolution of consciousness on this planet. You are welcome to judge people, but I do not condone it. There is a difference between judgement and observation, the former being a brash generalization catalyzed by mental and spiritual laziness. This is an act of conditioning ones self and thereby others on a developmental level to give away their power to an external fabrication. That's what religion is all about. That's what culture and fascism is all about. There's a lot of power in belief, and telling someone what they can and can't do is an act of violence.

You may find that there are a lot of individuals in this community that are opposed to the notion of giving their power away.

UT

It's difficult for many people to think in terms of atemporal logic. While it is accurate to say that your higher self is the state you exist in in the future, it is also accurate to say that it is the state you exist in in the past and the present. Ultimately, the real you IS your higher self. The body is just a vessel which it pilots, which can connect with the influence of the higher self at a scalar level depending on ones inclination toward identifying with their body or fear.

eileenrose
9th February 2012, 07:47
Rantaak, you say:
"Duality is so yesterday, my dear."

I think you are picking a fight Rantaak. I am not interested.

Carmen
9th February 2012, 07:59
The last paragraph of your post is excellent Rantaak. Agree with you.

Ultima Thule
9th February 2012, 13:14

UT

It's difficult for many people to think in terms of atemporal logic. While it is accurate to say that your higher self is the state you exist in in the future, it is also accurate to say that it is the state you exist in in the past and the present. Ultimately, the real you IS your higher self. The body is just a vessel which it pilots, which can connect with the influence of the higher self at a scalar level depending on ones inclination toward identifying with their body or fear.

This brings me an image of higher self being a sort of interface to unlimited knowledge and all time in the now. Perhaps the interface gives rights to more and more - even up to administrative tasks - the more an individual evolves? That would make us terminals that have access to mainframe through this interface.

UT

UT

Rantaak
9th February 2012, 13:38
Rantaak, you say:
"Duality is so yesterday, my dear."

I think you are picking a fight Rantaak. I am not interested.

I'm glad you are not interested in fighting me. That is also not my intent. I'm bisexual, so sometimes when I'm trying to sound hip it sounds gay. :rolleyes:

If you are perceiving an antagonistic energy, that is your projection. You ought to work on that. Just because something might initially make you feel uncomfortable does not mean that it is an intentional assault on your soul... And even if it were intended to, it is still up to you to choose to take offense, at which point weakness of spirit is displayed.

This brings me an image of higher self being a sort of interface to unlimited knowledge and all time in the now. Perhaps the interface gives rights to more and more - even up to administrative tasks - the more an individual evolves? That would make us terminals that have access to mainframe through this interface.

UT

UT

Yes!

(love!)

eileenrose
12th February 2012, 04:46
Ultima,
You mention this
"This brings me an image of higher self being a sort of interface to unlimited knowledge and all time in the now. "

Higher self is just another idea (I am not clear where it originates....who first used the terminology).
You don't need to know (another idea)....unless your writing about it for a class (where they tell you what to write, you write it and they give you a 'good' grade.....arn't we the baby now!!....boy I really think it is a crime the way we let ourselves be treated in 'classes').

It isn't relevant.
There isn't anything above you. You don't need to go 'higher' to be you.

You need an experience of who you are.
Go for that.

eileenrose
12th February 2012, 12:01
Just a note, as I'm not a spiritual guru, I have to look for inspiration from those we consider are.
So I am checking out Eckhart Tolle (for the 4th time or there abouts). I just ordered a new DVD of his.
I feel (for the moment) he explains this 'experience of who you really are' better than myself.
(as I just realized it might not make much sense, what I said above, to everyone here....).

Alie
12th February 2012, 13:48
I'm enjoying this thread. I think the hardest thing to relearn is "to be". If we could remember the initial moment of conception/birth. From that moment we "become". Somehow (I think) it's connected to the beginning, before "stuff" gets in the way. It's said, as above, so below --- so what would be the above application of this conception/birth on earth.

eileenrose
13th February 2012, 07:54
Here, Paul Lowe says it simply (4 minute video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85yA_cPO2d0

Title
"It is greed"

audio with subtitles only

Paul gets right to it. Why we all object to being with what is. We rather be as far as we can be from who we are. Getting back to being ourselves is the goal, not trying to change everything else (to suit our wants).