PDA

View Full Version : The same old argument...

Burke
22nd March 2010, 18:03
back in the days of early PA1 there was much debate (we were quite civil unlike later debates at PA1) on the evils of new age religion and whether or not it was a controlled mental and spiritual takeover to help usher in a new religion to unite the world NWO style

I am sure there is still conflict here concerning this and propose that we can try and talk about such things again without it becoming a debased mudslinging fest or name calling I have sen at PA1.

My question to you folks who consider this an important topic

Are these two ideologies mutually exclusive. We have seen attempts (and successes perhaps) to corrupt religion in general yet there are still bastions of wonderful sources of unaltered scripture and liturgy etc. Both pure and adulterated religious material and organizations exist on both sides of the spectrum. Can we say the same for the new age movement? Could it be that there is a darker force trying to infiltrate a more pure message that is new age theology?

thoughts?

Holly Lindin
22nd March 2010, 18:29
Anything's possible, Heretic, and considering our world's history, I wouldn't put it past them. But I prefer to ponder on the possibility that the WHITE hats in the secret societies and governments have created the new age movement to wake up all the positive, loving people of the planet. We've been dormant for so long, in many cases BECAUSE of mainstream religion and its oppression on so many of us, that perhaps we're being "guided", so to speak, by people/E.T.'s who actually care and want us to recognize our true potential and power.

Along with that, I think most of the ideas behind the new age movement are true - that we ARE powerful, psychic, aetheric, never-ending beings and will find our true connection to God/the Source/our Higher Self when we realize that.

<3

mike1414
22nd March 2010, 19:31
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. - Dalai Lama

peace always
mike

Holly Lindin
22nd March 2010, 19:35
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. - Dalai Lama

peace always
mike

Simple and beautiful, Mike. Thank you.

<3

Northern Boy
22nd March 2010, 19:45
This is an idea I too have been weighing out and debating internally.
I have thought about it and am leaning slightly to my being responsible for my actions alone no one else`s . If what I feel is the right thing for me to react to a situation, taking into consideration the circumstances, can benefit me and harm no other unless it calls for those measures then so be it. One can not control another only themselves and for this reason alone the we are one theroy falls to the way side in my eyes .

Right now we are being conditioned to accept what is good for the one is good for all . Just look to the laws being passed to have us all fall in line , Airport security, being treated as a criminal with out any probable cause. Its all a phase to get you to consent, to being conditioned to accept it because many out there can no longer think for themselves and have just accepted it as a requirement to function in society.I have this nagging feeling that we resemble cattle grazing in a field and very slowly and quietly they are putting the pen to contain us up just outside of our field of vision By accepting the fact that we ARE one then YOU must accept the fact we should act as ONE and once we cross that bridge to begin acting as one the laws enacted will be to control us as one it then rules out thinking for ones self and allows some one to think for you

ewhite
22nd March 2010, 19:58
Heretic,

At the very root of many "New Age" philosophies we find very old age ideas on our true purpose and potential. This purpose/ potential at certain points in history have been taken from the general populace in order to control them. A lot of blood has been spilled in order to conform thoughts and philosophies in a certain way for a desired outcome of those who have the most to gain.

Even today, we have many individuals that jump on the 'New Age' bandwagon for the sole purpose of profit. Many of us know that we are special and we have purpose other than being "nice little cogs" in the human made machine. All of the answers are within each and every one of us but human nature is one of acceptance and we desperately search for answers and verifications on what we find on our journeys. This leaves a very large door open for those looking to make a few quick bucks or even a new angle of control. Any religion or philosophy that uses any type of fear mongering be it Hell, 2012 or not performing the 'right' kind of meditation is in my opinion questionable to say the least. At the end of the day YES anything is susceptible to 'infiltration' especially when we are discussing an individuals hope, love, and fears of what is to come.

We must always be aware and use not only our hearts to discern, the creator gave us all both a heart and a brain and we all need to use them both at all times. Especially with topics that have to do with each of our personal journeys in this lifetime. No one can give anyone else the answers to life, and as long as we ONLY utilize religion and New Age philosophies as a spring board into new thought processes the would be infiltrators agendas will not have a chance to taint us.

-E

ArtyCarl
22nd March 2010, 20:28
I agree with Mike, it would not surprise me in the least if when the walls came tumbling down we found out that some of what we take as 'gospel' (no pun intended), was in fact hokum. I was brought up as a catholic but prefer not to follow any religion. I would never deter anyone else from following their own religious paths be it traditional or 'new age' as it is very much a personal thing.

Wood
22nd March 2010, 21:17
I think one of the the key points is whether or not there are 'priests' of any kind to guide the sheep. Here we have Bill & Kerry and some whistleblowers. I think as long as we consider them as our equals with better access to some information and not someone who we follow blindly (surrendering our own free will, becoming dependent on them), as long we are independent we are safe.

I agree with mike1414. We do not need temples, rituals or priests. We need good, loving, responsible, free people :)

Jonathon
23rd March 2010, 04:27
I'm in Northern Boy's camp here. Religion/Dogma much like government, are institutional byproducts of peoples' lack of responsibility for their own education, behavior and duties. To thine own self be true. Each has a distinct path. The goal of dogma is crowd control via herd mentality - make group behavior predictable.

So perhaps the real litmus test is: 1) Does the system embrace individuality, personal freedom and personal responsibility or act as a surrogate? 2) What is the energy? Against something or for something (EG being against war is entirely different than being for peace - one carries a negative or divisive energy)? 3) Is it hierarchical or does it embrace unity and harmony?

MargueriteBee
23rd March 2010, 06:25
I've suspected that the spiritual (non religious) world we are presented with is simply the other side of the coin of the matrix. What is beyond that? My gut tells me there is something more. What do we need to know that we do not know? Have you noticed that different spirtual teachers all have their own story that they tell, all basically the same yet the details are so different. One will say Atlantis fell 35k ago and some 20k and so on. It seems to me that we get the truth piecemeal and it's up to us to sort it all out. But, that is simply a distraction. What are we being distracted from? Are we really just a group of orbs floating in the void and it IS all in our mind, gurus and all?

I don't remember were I found this but it makes sense:

the real
spirituality is big business

so it is better to be sound sceptic

then to fall for every new tinsel trick

there are a thousand fakes for every genuine

to spot the real from the rest is the trick

the real does not put up a show or a stand

wants no money and gives no publicity

the fakes make bucks from peoples spiritual hunger

the real does not sell for it cannot be bought

real spirituality is incorruptible

author unknown

Burke
26th March 2010, 11:07
well I can't say I disagree with anyone here at all...and some truly great things and positive outlooks are present here; kudos to you all

I guess the great conspiracy is for me is "who is the great white brotherhood" and what is their agenda

do we need more spiritual leaders or are we supposed to do this ourselves?

THE eXchanger
26th March 2010, 12:40
so, how does 'the real' give it away, and, pay their bills ???

THE eXchanger
26th March 2010, 12:41
you are here, to save yourself

THE eXchanger
26th March 2010, 12:42
it seems, that we pay for energy - gas/electric, etc., and, we don't seem challenged 'feeding the furnace/or, feeding the car/or truck'

however, why then, would it be wrong to pay, for someone else's energetic help ???

when it comes to our spirit/or physical bodies well-being ???

Stargazer
26th March 2010, 13:26
back in the days of early PA1 there was much debate (we were quite civil unlike later debates at PA1) on the evils of new age religion and whether or not it was a controlled mental and spiritual takeover to help usher in a new religion to unite the world NWO style

I am sure there is still conflict here concerning this and propose that we can try and talk about such things again without it becoming a debased mudslinging fest or name calling I have sen at PA1.

My question to you folks who consider this an important topic

Are these two ideologies mutually exclusive. We have seen attempts (and successes perhaps) to corrupt religion in general yet there are still bastions of wonderful sources of unaltered scripture and liturgy etc. Both pure and adulterated religious material and organizations exist on both sides of the spectrum. Can we say the same for the new age movement? Could it be that there is a darker force trying to infiltrate a more pure message that is new age theology?

thoughts?

If you can't stand COMPLETE in yourself...You should never stand with others....

Looking for answers through other's eyes always leads to corruption of vision.

SG

Burke
26th March 2010, 14:05
it seems, that we pay for energy - gas/electric, etc., and, we don't seem challenged 'feeding the furnace/or, feeding the car/or truck'

however, why then, would it be wrong to pay, for someone else's energetic help ???

when it comes to our spirit/or physical bodies well-being ???

well said Susan

then again...that would depend who I am dealing with and the price

still unknowns to me

Solphilos
26th March 2010, 15:21
The problem with New Age religion is that it is just that; religion.
Most New Age ideologies preach the same things that other religions teach, namely that human beings are separate from their creator, and that their souls need redeeming through some sort of process be it avoidance of sin, going to church, meditating every waking minute of the day, veganism, fasting, living for the "light", ect. ect. There is always some intermediary between the divine and us lowly souls that need "enlightenment", with characters such as Jesus, Bhudda, numerous gurus, "ascended masters", and various extra terrestrial groups/individuals standing between us and godhood. Better pick the right one!

The best part is, if you just happen to pick the right path and follow it vigorously, then you will reap your reward through the rapture, enlightenment, or some other form of ascension that "brings you back to god". These religions continue to promote division and duality, when we, at source contain all; good, bad, light, dark; all polarities and opposites cease to exist in the divine. As long as we embrace sides, light vs. dark, good vs. evil, we embrace the body and all that comes with it.

Anyone or anything that preaches that we are separate at anytime from source is false and should be avoided. Any source of information that is outside of ourselves can only contain a percentage of truth at best, as no matter what the agenda of the person or group promoting it, the info is still passing through their sensory lens and their reality tunnel.
We can look to others, we can study under gurus, we can follow many paths, but the best we can do is take what we need from this material and discard the rest. And for a truly aware being, there will religious refuse from every source he/she peruses.