PDA

View Full Version : Mermaids have been hounding workers away!

The One
7th February 2012, 17:52
Something different :target:

Essential work on planned reservoirs in Zimbabwe has stopped because mermaids have been hounding workers away, according to the country's Water Resources Minister.

Samuel Sipepa Nkomo told a Zimbabwean parliamentary committee that terrified workers are refusing to return to the sites, near the towns of Gokwe and Mutare.
Minister Nkomo said the only way to solve the problem was to brew traditional beer and carry out any rites to appease the spirits.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/06/article-2097218-119CD79B000005DC-88_468x330.jpg

The country's Water Resources Minister pictured
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/06/article-2097218-119CD3B4000005DC-917_233x246.jpg

Claimed that mermaids have been hounding workers away from the two planned new reservoirs

'All the officers I have sent have vowed not to go back there', Minister Nkomo was reported as saying in Zimbabwe's state-approved Herald newspaper.

Samuel Sipepa Nkomo told a Zimbabwean parliamentary committee that terrified workers are refusing to return to the sites, near the towns of Gokwe and Mutare

The senior politician said that mermaids were also present in other reservoirs.
'We even hired whites thinking that our boys did not want to work but they also returned saying they would not return to work there again,' he added.

The two, long overdue reservoirs are considered essential if Zimbabwe is provide adequate water to its population and to boost its agricultural production.

Having once been the 'bread basket' of Southern Africa, the country's farms have been laid low by lack of faith in government policy.

From 2000, President Robert Mugabe expropriated some 4,000 white owned farms and gave them to politically connected blacks.

Partly as a result, agricultural production is this year forecast to be at its second lowest level since Zimbabwe achieved independence from Britain in 1980.

The belief in mermaids and other mythical creatures is widespread in the country, where many people combine a Christian faith with traditional beliefs.

Local Government, Rural and Urban Development Minister Ignatius Chombo said the government wants to give the population the water it needs, but cannot do so until the rituals are performed and necessary repairs can be carried out.

Three quarters of Zimbabwe's population live on less than one US dollar a day.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/02/06/zimbabwe-water-resources-board-minister-says-reservoir-project-being-held-up-due-to-mermaids/&rct=j&sa=X&ei=ZGQxT5aEDISO8gPZuvnsBg&ved=0CC0Q-AsoADAA&q=mermaid+in+zimbabwe+resiv&usg=AFQjCNFQHrHwN_xcQbxLXDCijrKTM1UKiw

Fundy Gemini
7th February 2012, 17:57
Yes beer might help LOL ;)
What an interesting story * thanks :-)

RMorgan
7th February 2012, 18:07
Hey my friend,

Once I´ve met some very simple and humble fishermen, on a very distant part of Brazilian North-East, who sworn to me that mermaids do exist, and that they are demons.

They´ve told me that they´ve seen them more than once.

Could be hallucinations, caused by long periods of time in almost complete isolation into the ocean, but who knows...The oceans are very mysterious places indeed.

Cheers,

Raf.

CeltMan
7th February 2012, 18:09
Aye, they will do that 'these peskey mermaids, just will not let a man do an honest day's work'...lol

Seriously though, would be really cool, if anyone thought to take some pics?

P.S. There is legend, that mermaids & mermen, are Lemurians, who after the 'Great Floods',- lived under the sea, and 'adapted' to that environment, by growing gills & tails etc. (for 'growing' read 'genetically modified'?!)

Carmody
7th February 2012, 18:18
I have taken photos of 'dumbbell sprayers' in the middle of chemtrails.

The images captured did not agree with what the mind and eyes 'saw'.

Therefore.........(think it through to completion, which will take some time)

Mulder
7th February 2012, 18:41
This is really bizarre! What difference does beer make to mermaids? It sounds like mermaids don't want Zimbabwe to have water.

pugwash84
7th February 2012, 18:45
I heard that Mermaid were like venus fly traps, they lure men in and then drag them down in the water to eat them. That is why they look like pretty women, not because they are half woman. It is a tactic to get lunch. Some flowers look pretty to draw in insects to pollinate them but the mermaids have changed their appearance to draw men in. When a man has been to sea for a while they get a urge and that is just what the mermaids use to their advantage!!!! I would not go anywhere near the mermaids either!

Fundy Gemini
7th February 2012, 18:54
Those evil mermaids are called 'sirens'
We have been taught that the sailors called manatees mermaids - what a TRIP it would be to find out they were real! I think you need a bit of rum in you to see a mermaid in place of a manatee - maybe they weren't a bunch of horny boozers afterall LOL :D

CeltMan
7th February 2012, 19:19
I was about to suggest that I would ask my old naval pal if he had ever seen a mermaid in his 40 + years at sea...eherm, however, ............as he has 'vanished off the face of the earth since Oct 2010', perhaps he has fallen victim to a mermaid?!........lol

conk
7th February 2012, 20:24
Those evil mermaids are called 'sirens'
We have been taught that the sailors called manatees mermaids - what a TRIP it would be to find out they were real! I think you need a bit of rum in you to see a mermaid in place of a manatee - maybe they weren't a bunch of horny boozers afterall LOL :D

"Dude, these mermaids are in dire need of an extreme make-over".

"Here, put on these beer goggles and they'll look extra fine".

pugwash84
7th February 2012, 22:40
I secretly want mermaids and unicorns to be real XD hehe

Seikou-Kishi
16th March 2012, 14:55
I secretly want mermaids and unicorns to be real XD hehe

That makes two of us lol

28th May 2012, 07:47
In 2002, without thinking, I told a friend's little girl that all the fairy tales were going to come true. Whenever I say things like that, its channeling, which I'm told I do all the time without realizing it. Sometimes, I realize later. Shortly after that they found the floriensis. I think it goes on from there.

jackovesk
4th July 2012, 01:25
Mermaids do not exist, US government declares

July 04, 2012

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/02/09/1226267/017792-mermaid-show.jpg
The US National Ocean Service has declared mermaids do not exist.

THE United States government has assured its citizens that, much like zombies, mermaids probably do not exist, saying in an official post: "No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found".

"Mermaids -- those half-human, half-fish sirens of the sea -- are legendary sea creatures," read the online statement from the National Ocean Service (NOS).

The agency, charged with responding to natural hazards, received letters inquiring about the existence of the sea maidens after the Discovery Channel's Animal Planet network broadcast "Mermaids: The Body Found" in May.

The show "paints a wildly convincing picture of the existence of mermaids, what they may look like, and why they've stayed hidden ... until now", a Discovery Channel press release says.

Conversely, the US government declaration offered no conclusive proof to deny the existence of mermaids.

The statement comes after another government agency, this time the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), declared there was no conclusive evidence for the existence of zombies.

The CDC had published instructional materials on how to survive a "zombie apocalypse", in what the agency now calls "a tongue in cheek campaign to engage new audiences with messages of preparedness messages".

The campaign was followed by a series of cannibalistic attacks in North America.

In one such attack on May 26, a 31-year-old Miami man stripped naked and chewed off most of a homeless man's face.

The Twittersphere was suddenly alive with people talking about the real and present danger of a zombie apocalypse.

The CDC was quick to respond to allegations of corpses rising from the dead to eat the living.

"CDC does not know of a virus or condition that would reanimate the dead," a government spokesperson wrote in an email to The Huffington Post.

While zombies would be a big problem, popular folklore holds that mermaids are relatively benign creatures.

But the NOS statement associated the finned friends with more threatening mythological beasts.

"Half-human creatures, called chimeras, also abound in mythology -- in addition to mermaids, there were wise centaurs, wild satyrs, and frightful minotaurs, to name but a few," it said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/mermaids-do-not-exists-us-government-declares/story-e6frea6u-1226416353704

PS - So there...'I knew It', I read it in the paper so it must be True..? :faint:

Unified Serenity
4th July 2012, 01:33
I heard that Mermaid were like venus fly traps, they lure men in and then drag them down in the water to eat them.

My dear pugwash, ask any divorced man, that is women in general, LOL.

jaredkayy
4th July 2012, 01:43
anybody ever peep that banned "documentary" that was supposed to be on the discovery channel "Mermaid's: the body found"? although it's been pretty debunked. (at the end it even says to be based off of fictional events) i think it posits a logical arguments for the existence of mermaids. i'm going to try and find a link and edit this post if i find it.

anyways, pretty interesting 'lil article. i'm pretty sure that letter agencies do indeed try and keep their existence a secret, that is if they do even exist. but the why would the CDC make such an effort to reassure us they aren't there? and what about the cave paintings clearly showing mermaids?

Unified Serenity
4th July 2012, 01:45
I posted some video on mermaids that was a bbc thing I think. Supposedly all the documentation was confiscated. It was a really neat documentary. Now I need to go look it up again dangit.

Unified Serenity
4th July 2012, 01:50
Here is the video:

UfPWHPyU1u4

It was put up on this thread: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?45847-Navy-VLF-Responsible-for-Animal-Deaths-and-Possibly-Strange-Noises&p=498946#post498946

DeDukshyn
4th July 2012, 02:08
From a CBC article this morning ...

"Mermaids aren't real, U.S. agency affirms

03/07/2012 11:50:42 AM
CBC News

A U.S. government scientific body has made an usual declaration: There is no evidence for the existence of mermaids.
The National Ocean Service, part of the U.S. Commerce Department's National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, made the announcement last week on its website.
"No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found," the post reads.
"Why, then, do they occupy the collective unconscious of nearly all seafaring peoples? That's a question best left to historians, philosophers, and anthropologists."
The post provides a brief overview of various mermaid legends from around the world, from Australia - where aboriginal people called them yawkyawks - to the ancient Greek writings of Homer. It says the first images of half-human sea figures date to 30,000 years ago.
The scientific agency made the statement following inquiries from members of the public thought to have been prompted by a broadcast in May on the U.S. cable channel Animal Planet. ... "

So, I guess this is still a hot topic ... First, the US department of homeland defence making their statement, and siezing a website about mermaids called http://believeinmermaids.com/ --- still siezed ...

It seems to be in response to Animal Planet's supposedly fictional psuedo documentary they aired on mermaids ... but the big question ... why this heavy handed reaction by the "authorities"? What harm is there if people DO believe in mermaids ... what is their (US DHS DOJ and other "serious" agencies) motivation to prevent people from believing in them?

And now they've gotten a scientific body to render statements to the public about the "non-existence" of mermaids ... friggin weird I say.

What's next? Arresting people for talking about unicorns in airports?

ADDITION: Supposedly this is all related to the Naval weapons / Sonar / New tech testing incident off the west coast of NA earlier this year where a named and well known Killer whale was killed in "unusual circumstances". Supposedly from what I initially read, there was also a "mermaid" that had been killed and washed ashore as well at the same time ...

Whiskey_Mystic
4th July 2012, 02:18
This is from a Blair Witch style false documentary tv show. I watched it when it was broadcast. It is complete fiction. The director never intended it to be taken so seriously anymore than the producers of The Day After meant for you to think that a nuclear war had occurred.

The mermaid mythology, which is interesting because of its global ubiquity, is likely the memory of either a chimera or a spirit.

DeDukshyn
4th July 2012, 02:19
This is from a Blair Witch style false documentary tv show. I watched it when it was broadcast. It is complete fiction. The director never intended it to be taken so seriously anymore than the producers of The Day After meant for you to think that a nuclear war had occurred.

The mermaid mythology, which is interesting because of its global ubiquity, is likely the memory of either a chimera or a spirit.

That's not very weird .. what is weird is the "authority's" reaction to the belief in mermaids ... that is interesting ... IMHO ... from what I have seen -- this is more than just that pseudo documentary ...

http://believeinmermaids.com/

bearcow
4th July 2012, 02:24

mermaids are water elementals, they are also called undines, they are not physical but can make themselves visible to human eyes when they choose. they still exist.

Tangri
4th July 2012, 02:42
I heard that Mermaid were like venus fly traps, they lure men in and then drag them down in the water to eat them. That is why they look like pretty women, not because they are half woman. It is a tactic to get lunch. Some flowers look pretty to draw in insects to pollinate them but the mermaids have changed their appearance to draw men in. When a man has been to sea for a while they get a urge and that is just what the mermaids use to their advantage!!!! I would not go anywhere near the mermaids either!

Is this mean mermaids like the male flush? Maybe they do not want to put them self in position that they have to listen their food's criticism during meal if they chose females:confused:

Unified Serenity
4th July 2012, 03:59

STOP IT Whiskey, I want to believeeeeeeeeeeeee. LOL

Whiskey_Mystic
4th July 2012, 04:18

My apologies.

Did anyone see that seized website when it was up? Any of you geniuses know how to wayback it? I will see if Paul knows how. The domain name alone doesn't tell us much. It could have been anything.

Unified Serenity
4th July 2012, 05:18
just go to wayback and put in the old url. What's the url?

Whiskey_Mystic
4th July 2012, 05:29
just go to wayback and put in the old url. What's the url?

I checked it and no archive.

Carmen
4th July 2012, 06:00
I loved that documentary and soo wanted it to be true!!

ThePythonicCow
4th July 2012, 06:11
Did anyone see that seized website when it was up? Any of you geniuses know how to wayback it? I will see if Paul knows how. The domain name alone doesn't tell us much. It could have been anything.
Operator explained this, in a detailed post back on April 6, 2012, beginning with:

Hi Jack,

The page on http://believeinmermaids.com/ is fake (of course) ....

The rest of Operator's post can be found at Kerry Cassidy Interviews (The Veritas Show's) Mel Fabregas... (Post #3) (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?43409-Kerry-Cassidy-Interviews--The-Veritas-Show-s--Mel-Fabregas...&p=462474&viewfull=1#post462474).

DeDukshyn
4th July 2012, 15:36
I found an "official" seized site here: http://17nflshop.com/

So whoever said they don't put up bulletins for seized sites ... they definitely do. But Operator's other point about the image name being "not very official" seems valid.

DeDukshyn
4th July 2012, 19:04

My apologies.

I had been there once or twice, just browsing links and such. It was quite a while ago - way before all this happened. IIRC it was about mermaids and other "government conspiracies" ... I obviously didn't think much of anything of the site or I'd have more to say ... must have moved on quickly from there ...

So the question is ... Is this site sacrficing itself, it's ads/clicks and thus likely its source of income, to pretend to be "seized" ... ? If so, who is to gain? What is the motivation? To make people believe in mermaids? To make people look up the Animal Planet psuedo documentary on Youtube, so they can't make money from it? Where's the money in this trail ... ? I still think there is something odd about all this .... IMHO ;)

Whiskey_Mystic
4th July 2012, 21:41

My apologies.

I had been there once or twice, just browsing links and such. It was quite a while ago - way before all this happened. IIRC it was about mermaids and other "government conspiracies" ... I obviously didn't think much of anything of the site or I'd have more to say ... must have moved on quickly from there ...

So the question is ... Is this site sacrficing itself, it's ads/clicks and thus likely its source of income, to pretend to be "seized" ... ? If so, who is to gain? What is the motivation? To make people believe in mermaids? To make people look up the Animal Planet psuedo documentary on Youtube, so they can't make money from it? Where's the money in this trail ... ? I still think there is something odd about all this .... IMHO ;)

We can't assume that the site was seized due to content. There are many other possible reasons.

DeDukshyn
4th July 2012, 21:44

My apologies.

We can't assume that the site was seized due to content. There are many other possible reasons.

And that does make sense ... the acts referred to as supposedly violated have to do with defrauding government and falsifying claims ... could be completely unrelated to mermaids altogether except by coincidence of timing ... interesting coincident nonetheless if true.