PDA

View Full Version : Is there a god? Dark matter, faster than light? What is the ultimate question?

VaughnB
8th February 2012, 18:19
Recently was watching a program on the universe which discussed how 95% of our universe is missing or unseen, that strings or chords like cracks transverse the universe created from its origins in which light moves many times faster than what we experience.

If we could somehow find these strings could we ride them in a ship to the edges of our universe?

Some scientists believe that the foundation of the universe is mathematics or information and nothing else, just equations of how things exist. The elliptical orbit of planets, to a parabola curve when you throw a ball, all things are relative to each other as equations.

Over the last 100 years mankind has uncovered enormous discoveries, where will we be in the next 100 years?

If mankind can imagine the question then someday we will find the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlRjBdw1FDQ

Prayer Warrior
8th February 2012, 18:45
...must be a God... you have life. Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. In all my life, with all the books life has required me to read, men I've been required to listen to, and all the doors I've opened.... no one else has tried to garner that note of fame away from Him.... so.... I guess He still holds the title... you should read about His Son... the only man-God given the judgement power / ability to forgive / who hold's the Kinsman Redeemer right to claim our sinful souls back to Himself.... He paid for that right with His blood and His life... the infinite depth of love my finite mind can only cling to out of faith... I have two sons... I could hardly ask them to lie down for their mother much less their enemies...
John

VaughnB
8th February 2012, 20:03
God, Source, Light, Energy ...the Force whatever you want to call it. Coincidence, random chance of all the universes, here resides life and I'm certain we're not the only ones, whether sentient or not. The universal law that explains everything, well maybe someday will have that too.

pugwash84
9th February 2012, 10:13
I think it's funny how humans think they are the center of the universe and how everything else revolves around earth. I also think it's funny how some humans think they must be the only intelligent life in the whole entire universe. Humans and their big ego trip makes me giggle. I love the human race! xx

conk
9th February 2012, 16:55
...must be a God... you have life. Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. In all my life, with all the books life has required me to read, men I've been required to listen to, and all the doors I've opened.... no one else has tried to garner that note of fame away from Him.... so.... I guess He still holds the title... you should read about His Son... the only man-God given the judgement power / ability to forgive / who hold's the Kinsman Redeemer right to claim our sinful souls back to Himself.... He paid for that right with His blood and His life... the infinite depth of love my finite mind can only cling to out of faith... I have two sons... I could hardly ask them to lie down for their mother much less their enemies...
JohnI am NOT made of dirt and do not need the blessings of a war god. I am not a sinner and am complete as I am, as we all are. Much respect to you, but quotes from a book written by men, and revised countless times by men in order to subjugate my sense of worth carry no weight. The force of god cannot match the power of the soul.

NeverMind
9th February 2012, 17:11
I think it's funny how humans think they are the center of the universe and how everything else revolves around earth. I also think it's funny how some humans think they must be the only intelligent life in the whole entire universe. Humans and their big ego trip makes me giggle. I love the human race! xx

I don't think very many people do believe ours is the only life in the Universe, actually. Certainly not in my experience with people.
It's just that we don't normally dwell on that because, well, there is not much use dwelling on questions that are unanswerable except by direct experience.

And since each one of us only sees and interprets the World from within ourselves - "I" being the only universe that I know and inhabit - we really ARE the centre of the Universe. Each and every one of us. :)

I don't believe there is a hierarchy of importance where Life is concerned.

P.S. There is a also good thread about "dark matter" (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?38252-DARK-MATTER-......Holds-the-Universe-together....."), started a few weeks ago.

crosby
9th February 2012, 17:56
thanks VaughnB. that was very interesting. i like the analogy of the ant farm. are we ourselves being watched between two panes of glass? manipulated and coerced to behave certain ways? is our God an extremely proficient computer wizard? will we ourselves be Gods in the future? this is an enormous amount of information to discern....... i'm glad that i have the capacity to at least try too. or do i? makes me wonder.
regards, corson

Prayer Warrior
9th February 2012, 20:05
I'm new to this forum so please forgive me my lack of protocol that I'm not yet instilled with... I checked your "profile" to see who I was having this discussion with, and note that you also are no "spring chicken" and should be more in spiritual harmony with God than some of the younger generation to gather here for conversation and idea exchange.... that is encouraging.... shows that although you're dead in sin... you're not dead yet... still an opportunity to acknowledge that you, being a human, are captive of the original fall of man and broken covenant between Adam and God, then God found favor with Noah, and mankind was started again in a new covenant... God commanded Noah and his sons to replenish the earth, but instead they gathered in the plains of Shinar, better known as Babylon. History shows we were of one language, and Nimrod, son of Ham instigated rebellious influence against God. tower of Babylon, God striking the city, Lot and his wife fleeing, her looking back and turning into the pillar of salt, then God gave us the rainbow as promise not to flood the earth again.... man scattered and his relationship with the true God faded... we started worshiping the leaders of our cities, and sexual issues between the gods and goddesses... then God chose Abram and Sarah... new covenant formed... seal of God required Abram to circumcise all the males of his household and those bought with any money... God renamed Abram - Abraham... Hebrew patriarch.... the most important figure in three religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam... God blessed he and Sarah with Isaac .... tests him by requiring (Abraham) to sacrifice Isaac in obedience to God, but halts him and provides a goat in the thicket instead...

gotta go for now.... I'll try later to shed light on the four covenants of the Old Testament and how we are now living in times of the New Testament with Jesus Christ and His shed blood being OFFERED as redemption for our sins.... I spent thirty plus years with a military uniform on believing I was serving Him by putting my life on the proverbial line so others could worship as their "free will" guided them.... then found myself at death's door regretting that I'd never "found the time... always too busy... to study the doctrines of God verses those REQUIRED by man". Now time is short, the fruits of our labors and the idle words from our lips will be our own judgement... close your eyes and think of reliving your life on a stage in front of God, the Prophets, the angels, and all mankind.... how much would you like to "take back..." - I was just fooling around... I didn't mean any harm.... they did it to me first.... yep.... we're all "good guys".... but we are all His disobedient children.... whom He loves and has given us a way back to His throne room... a way.... as in ONE way..... Jesus Christ's shed blood and life... talk to you later.... or not.... John

markpierre
10th February 2012, 09:23
gotta go for now.... I'll try later to shed light on the four covenants of the Old Testament and how we are now living in times of the New Testament with Jesus Christ and His shed blood being OFFERED as redemption for our sins.... I spent thirty plus years with a military uniform on believing I was serving Him by putting my life on the proverbial line so others could worship as their "free will" guided them.... then found myself at death's door regretting that I'd never "found the time... always too busy... to study the doctrines of God verses those REQUIRED by man". Now time is short, the fruits of our labors and the idle words from our lips will be our own judgement... close your eyes and think of reliving your life on a stage in front of God, the Prophets, the angels, and all mankind.... how much would you like to "take back..." - I was just fooling around... I didn't mean any harm.... they did it to me first.... yep.... we're all "good guys".... but we are all His disobedient children.... whom He loves and has given us a way back to His throne room... a way.... as in ONE way..... Jesus Christ's shed blood and life... talk to you later.... or not.... John

In amongst all of that rhetoric, you might have some interesting ideas. I can't tell. I can't get it from the post, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure there would be a consensus that your version of an explanation of the four covenants has zero to do with this topic and video.

You might do well to open a thread to discuss your ideas or your beliefs and someone might be interested, but I'd try to find a language that's palatable for whomever your target audience is. Or there are plenty of Christian members who seem to understand that language,
but it's extremely disruptive and counter productive to misdirect the intentions of a thread.
You won't be alone, and if you enjoy conflict and debate there are a number of characters that like to take the bait. Knock yourself out.

You came here to participate and maybe learn a few new things, and maybe be a practical help. We're all in this together for that purpose. Or you came here to proselytize. One is welcome and potentially beneficial to everyone, and the other is not.
For no other reason than it nets us all absolutely nothing.
I'll let you work out which is which.

All you'll accomplish by usurping threads like this is disrespect to the poster, and disrespect to the people that come here for the topic.
There's no one here of any age that is not your peer or better. If you can allow that, maybe you can learn something useful for you.

And you can also be a contributor in a bigger sense than you're imagining. You've led a life, which is unique to you, you've had some interesting experiences that people can surely relate to, and the ways your experiences have led you to where you find yourself. Dogma predictively doesn't contain that quality. Most here are savey to the traps of conventional 'beliefs' and are working to free themselves from them.
There will always be honest ways that you can add to everyone's experience.

See what you can do.