PDA

View Full Version : Fluoride water filters

Humble Janitor
8th February 2012, 19:27
Any thoughts on this?

http://www.crystalquest.com/Fluoridefilters.htm

Just purchased one of these yesterday along with a shower filter as well. I did some reading and researched another company with a similar product.

I'm hoping it works as well as they claim. I want the fluoride out of my water ASAP! If it can't be done at the municipal level, then consumers can speak for themselves!

Lazlo
8th February 2012, 19:58
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryhowtoguide/a/removefluoride.htm

•Reverse Osmosis Filtration
This is used to purify several types of bottled water (not all), so some bottled waters are unfluoridated. Reverse osmosis systems are generally unaffordable for personal use.

•Activated Alumina Defluoridation Filter
These filters are used in locales where fluorosis is prevalent. They are relatively expensive (lowest price I saw was $30/filter) and require frequent replacement, but do offer an option for home water filtration.

•Distillation Filtration
There are commercially available distillation filters that can be purchased to remove fluoride from water. On a related note: When looking at bottled water, keep in mind that 'distilled water' does not imply that a product is suitable for drinking water and other undesirable impurities may be present.

Seikou-Kishi
8th February 2012, 19:59
Thanks for the link HJ! I'm going to have to give it a coat of looking at and pull my finger out :D

sunflower
8th February 2012, 20:19
Berkeys' come with ceramic fluoride filters (good for three months) as well as the permanent filters. And that means ordering an extra supply which is not inexpensive.

Strat
9th February 2012, 02:19
Let us know if your water tastes different.

Paul
9th February 2012, 03:10
There is an important update on fluoride in our food posted here: Up At The Ranch (James Gilliland and Trout Lake) - Post #1032 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?3596-Up-At-The-Ranch--James-Gilliland-and-Trout-Lake-&p=423851&viewfull=1#post423851).

Humble Janitor
18th February 2012, 13:40
I installed the filter 3 days ago and I've had nothing but good things to say about it. The water tastes and smells much better (no chlorine!) and tastes noticeably "softer". I also ordered a shower filter and get the same results. My water seems to have improved there too and it's softer on my skin.

CdnSirian
18th February 2012, 15:47
A water filter is a wonderful luxury. I love my filtered water and almost any filter is better than none. Water contaminants harm the thyroid and greatly contribute to aging. Also my filtered water measures at 8.5 PH which is good - don't need one of those $4000 jobs! Regards HJ.

Strat
18th February 2012, 17:15
A water filter is a wonderful luxury. I love my filtered water and almost any filter is better than none. Water contaminants harm the thyroid and greatly contribute to aging. Also my filtered water measures at 8.5 PH which is good - don't need one of those $4000 jobs! Regards HJ.

Clever idea measuring the Ph! I'll measure mine as a comparison.

Janitor can you do the same? Living in the states it may be different from our Canadian friends.

Lifebringer
18th February 2012, 17:25
What do you do with the floride collected in the filters?

It would be wise to not release it in the dumps where a good rain can put it back in the aquafirs.

Perhaps dry it out and store it in a garage or something until a year supply accumulates, and take it your Mayor and Governor after posting the amount on YouTube or twitter.

Sidney
18th February 2012, 18:01
There is an important update on fluoride in our food posted here: Up At The Ranch (James Gilliland and Trout Lake) - Post #1032 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?3596-Up-At-The-Ranch--James-Gilliland-and-Trout-Lake-&p=423851&viewfull=1#post423851).

OMG- They realize that we are de-flouridating our water, so they are saturating the food with it. It is so disgusting, that it makes me want to cry. One step forward, three steps back.