PDA

View Full Version : Our diagnosis has been defined: many of us sufferering from "AGP."

Dennis Leahy
10th February 2012, 21:48
A disturbing piece was published in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. In it is a study that claims people who are anti-government or believe in conspiracies around the government are suffering from a condition called Anti-Government Phobia (AGP). Meaning that anyone who has a distaste for the government, the way it operates, its polices and believes there is a particular force behind it, must be mentally ill. The implications here are frightening, if you feel the government is doing something that will harm you and that it is a part of a bigger plan, you are sick. Thus the government can respond as though you are a a threat.
This is what the study actually claims:
“This study conclusively demonstrates that unfounded fear of government is a recognizable mental illness, closely related to paranoid schizophrenia. Anti-Government Phobia (AGP) differs from most mental illnesses, however, in that it is highly infectious and has an acute onset. Symptoms include extreme suspiciousness, conspiracy-mongering, delusional thought patterns, staunch “us against them” mentality, withdrawal from reality, and often religious fanaticism.”
The problem here is how do you define “unfounded fear”? What constitutes something as being “unfounded”? Is the belief that the government is doing things we don’t know about “unfounded”? Or seeing that it puts forward policies that reduce health care and education “unfounded”? Or is thinking the government lies in order to justify war “unfounded”? What is unfounded , is whatever the government says is. Its one of those vague definitions that can be used to cover anything, like the definition of terrorist right now. The blanketing statement is the ‘”us against them” mentality’, as it is the cornerstone of every conflict. This can be interpreted in almost an infinite number of ways. This will cover any criticism you have of the government.

(continues)

Source: http://maoistrebelnews.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/anti-government-mental-illness-according-to-study/

As long as we're willing to allow a government-sponsored psychiatrist also define the term "unfounded" for us, we have a nice, neat diagnosis. Too bad indefinite detention also comes with a lack of rights to a trial, or else we could plead "temporary insanity, due to AGP."

:~)

Dennis

{edit} This was a hoax. I wish I could say I knew it was a hoax and was having a little fun, but the truth is it seemed so plausible that I posted the link without any due diligence whatsoever. Mea maxima culpa.

RMorgan
10th February 2012, 21:51
Hey guys,

Things like this just show that you guys, from the USA, are the most creative people in the world. That´s for sure.

The only problem is that this creativity is so much misused and misdirected...

I really would like know know what Mr.Freud would think about that... ;)

Cheers,

Raf.

pugwash84
10th February 2012, 22:04
So we can't disagree with anything the Government does without being diagnosed mentally ill? THAT!!!!! is the biggest reason NOT to trust the Government!!!!! They can call me mentally ill if it makes them feel better, but I would sooner be a crazy FREE person than a sane BRAINWASHED sheeple!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <<<<Crazy Free Laugh ;)

aranuk
10th February 2012, 22:13
Hey guys,

Things like this just show that you guys, from the USA, are the most creative people in the world. That´s for sure.

The only problem is that this creativity is so much misused and misdirected...

I really would like know know what Mr.Freud would think about that... ;)

Cheers,

Raf.

TPTB would bribe him or threaten his family so he would agree.

Stan

westhill
10th February 2012, 23:40
This is a hoax.
Supposedly authored by Ivor. E. Tower, MD (Ivory Tower). This was also circulating around five years ago.
When I could not locate the actual entry, I found the link below which gives a quick synopsis.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2844948/posts

xbusymom
10th February 2012, 23:53
So we can't disagree with anything the Government does without being diagnosed mentally ill? THAT!!!!! is the biggest reason NOT to trust the Government!!!!! They can call me mentally ill if it makes them feel better, but I would sooner be a crazy FREE person than a sane BRAINWASHED sheeple!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <<<<Crazy Free Laugh ;)

:photo: HEHEHEHEHHE- I LOVE THAT!
(I actually uncovered that exact scheme of collusion between govt recommended doctors and the govt caseworkers that recommend them within the Child Protective Services and Foster Care System...

funny thing tho- after I blew the whistle on the shady doc, I requested to change to a doctor I had prevriously worked with for my govt eval... and just before my case was dismissed HE suddenly got a job offer in france and I never saw the promised report.) Gee- go figure...!!?

Dennis Leahy
11th February 2012, 00:07
This is a hoax.
Supposedly authored by Ivor. E. Tower, MD (Ivory Tower). This was also circulating around five years ago.
When I could not locate the actual entry, I found the link below which gives a quick synopsis.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2844948/posts
hahahahahahahahaha they got me!

MODS!

Please move this into The Lighter Side (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?64-The-Lighter-Side)