PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday Preppers

kreagle
13th February 2012, 05:11
This is a new documentary series by the National Geographic Channel about otherwise ordinary Americans who are preparing for the end of the world.

On the one hand I am somewhat impressed at the ingenuity employed by some of these individuals and the extreme measures they have taken to ready themselves,....but on the other hand I am more keenly aware that their best efforts, are in reality, full of holes and will prove to be greatly lacking.

Case in point, there is one example of a set of 5 different families who have gone to great lengths to equip themselves with massive amounts of weapons, a great storage of food and other provisions, developing their own water system with wells they've dug and water pumping systems, also access to spring water they have on their 55 acre compound. They have extensively set traps on their 55 acre compound that will go off and alert them to any kind of "intruders" who attempt to trespass onto their territory. One of the five men has even engineered and converted a pickup truck to burn regular wood that in turn will convert the energy to propel the truck because, after all, we will be out of gasoline when the catastrophe comes to full bloom. Another man in the group in an ex-Marine who is handling the "military aspect" of their venture, (comforting, huh?) They go on to show the ritual drills they run to prepare themselves for the "real thing". This drill, of course, includes involving their children by having them put on toxic-proof suits with gas masks, etc. (What kind of message does this send to your child?)

I could go on and on with the extreme examples that these people are undertaking in an effort to be properly prepared for the impending doom that surely awaits us all. As each person, or in the case of the "group" that I've outlined above, the National Geographic "expert" analyst sits down with the "preppers" and grades them on their efforts and candidly tells them what they've done well,.....along with where they still could be vulnerable or blatantly exposed.

In "every" case where the National Geographic "expert" informed the participants of their vulnerability and areas that were still exposed, the preppers would unanimously disagree with the "expert's" opinion. Another thing that stuck out, like a sore thumb, was where "every prepper" made it a point to state that "they were not acting out of fear! I certainly beg to differ with this opinion, in that, their actions are nothing more but complete "FEAR" in motion!!!

Let me, at this point, offer up a little bit of advise to the "preppers of the world". To the above
"5 family unit", or anyone else out there,... how does one adequately prepare themselves against the kind of doom they expect to come? The segment devoted to them showed rooms filled with ammunition, walls and walls of assault rifles with magazines already clipped into position, and so on. But my question to not only them,....but to anyone else with this line of thinking,....is how does 5 guys,....with their 5 wives and assorted children,....defend and protect what they have so carefully stored and prepared for from the starving multitudes that will do anything to try to survive?(This question was "somewhat" asked by the National Geographic "expert", in a round about way, to which the "preppers" completely dismissed.) What are their plans when the "shooting" begins? Are they going to have to resort to "sleeping in shifts" in an effort to keep the "posts" on alert at night when the hungry masses are scheming to make a surprise attack and overrun them? Do they not understand that we are not just talking about onslaughts of 10 or 50 people,...but more like 500 or 5000, or even more, starving people determined to "stay alive". Let's say and suppose they are successful in the beginning of the onslaught of the "hungry masses" and are able to hold them off to begin with. Of course this means that on the borders of their 55 acre compound that the bodies of the "hungry",(and let's be real,....this means not only men but "also" women and children, too, will begin to "pile up"!,....after all,.....is this not "why" they hoarded up all of that ammunition for "this" moment of truth?) Can you imagine the "stench" that will ensue from the decaying bodies,....not to mention the disease that follows when bodies are not properly buried? Can you imagine the questions that will follow from the children of these 5 families as they search for answers from their parents as to why they are being forced to shoot some of their former "classmates and playmates"?

Let me say here that we are indeed living in some very troubling times. I sometimes shudder when I think of the various scenarios that humanity may, very well, be exposed to and have to endure in the very near future.

With this in mind,.....I'm overjoyed to report that there is an "alternative" that will negate any and all of the impending fear that this, and other, documentaries present us with.

His name is JESUS CHRIST and He is our Lord, GOD, and Savior!!!

1 John 4:18
King James Version (KJV)

18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

This kind of "perfect love" can only come from the Prince of Peace

Isaiah 9:6
King James Version (KJV)

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Sadly, I realize that I've probably lost a few of you with the above references to our Lord God, Jesus Christ,.....but no truer words can be possibly spoken in regards to peace and security that only He can bring to your lives.

To those who have the "desire and hunger" to achieve and replicate this type of "peace" in their own personal life,....you'll need to take heed to the message that Jesus gave to Nicodemus in John chapter 3.

John 3:1-7
King James Version (KJV)

John 3
1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Yes, the "born again" experience does work!, and achieves in every way the results that Jesus promised it would! Upon receiving the Holy Ghost, the "born again" experience Jesus spoke about, you will now be able to not only have in your possession the peace that the Prince of Peace brings, but you'll now be able to "see", or understand, the kingdom of God, and also to be able to "enter" this selfsame kingdom of God!!!

Sounds like a "pretty good deal" to me!!! Who could possibly want to turn down these type of promises?

(Note: In reality we "all" have one of "two" choices before us to make! Choose wisely!)

Choice #1 You've tried everything else that life has to offer. Why don't you give God a chance and "prove Him"?

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

OR

Choice #2 You can continue to try to figure it all out by yourself with your "limited" wisdom and understanding of things. Of course, you like many others, will amass an impressive array of "provisions",.....only to ultimately find to your dismay that you left a "massive hole" in your defense and "forgot" to provide for one great "Necessity",......and that is you forgot to include Him! You forgot to include Jesus!

Instead of "looking for ways" to protect yourself and loved ones from impending doom,......

Why don't you change your itinerary and "start looking for this!"

Titus 2:11-15
King James Version (KJV)

11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

15These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Here is the video link. As a side note there appears to be only 4 families involved. The "commentator" says earlier in the presentation that the "Marine" and 4 "other families". Silly me, I thought 1 +4 = 5. The video is 44 minutes long, with the part on this "family group" beginning at 23:27 of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZNt7e5LQM&feature=player_detailpage

Peace and Love to all! kreagle

xbusymom
13th February 2012, 08:47
*disclaimer: this post may seem to go off topic- but it is not- just bear with me thru the whole message...OK?

Let me say here that we are indeed living in some very troubling times. I sometimes shudder when I think of the various scenarios that humanity may, very well, be exposed to and have to endure in the very near future.

With this in mind,.....I'm overjoyed to report that there is an "alternative" that will negate any and all of the impending fear that this, and other, documentaries present us with.

His name is JESUS CHRIST and He is our Lord, GOD, and Savior!!!

I applaud your heartfelt message (it IS a great post)...but I beg to differ with you.

You see... I am saved... have been for about 30 years now...I am registered as a Methodist (UMC).

But as I said... I beg to differ with you on the NEED for salvation.
if God :
*is everywhere *omnipresent;
*knows everything *omniscient;
and * is all powerful * omnipotent
then why was one of Jesus's children having such a tough time?

I was a single mother trying to raise 3 disabled children - by myself (because -while the kids were classified as dysfunctional, they were not disabled enough to qualify for ANY assistance programs other than the special ed classroom at their schools) while at the same time trying to hold on to a job- any job, attend to the multitude of doctor visits, school meetings, court appearances, and social services demands; AND deal with a crazy ex-husband who threatened to kill me at every point of contact.

I only slept 3-4 hours per night- every night- 7 days a-week, weeks and years on end, lived on chocolate milk (don't like coffee) and cigarettes with only 1 meal a day to supplement that (for about 15 years)

And I used to believe what you are promising. It was a very nice dream... to imagine a personal savior (a person - whether in or out of a body - Jesus or Holy Spirit) that will relieve me from worrying about how to live, and show me how to avoid the mistreatment of others. It kept me going when I ran out of steam... it kept me reaching for that bucket of hope hanging just above my reach...

But ... Where was My God when I really needed him?
I was already saved... doesn't the bible say “once saved ...you cannot fall from grace?
then why is Jesus choosing not to help me out with my situation...

did I do anything wrong? Why was I being tested so hard? ... and furthermore... if this is just a test... what is the final exam gonna look like??

So, in my quest to find renewed (or continued) salvation... I delved into every source of salvation information I could find... I poured thru the bible (including about 7 different versions of it) and found contradictions between the many versions, I investigated Jehova's Witnesses and found it had contradictions with the Bible(s), I compared all the other religions and found enough contradictions to make my head swim again, then I tried esoteric/new age,

and while there were some belief differences- most of the information began to connect up and link together in ways that were physically, and scientifically (and most importantly practically) sound - or at the very least -shown to be possible- there were no leaps of blind faith... no unexplained gaps in the logic... no contradictions in the reasoning...there were things to DO, ways to BEHAVE, perceptions to THINK about : stuff that made sense and actions that were easy to practice daily that actually got me somewhere... I could see some real progress... and my life started improving with every new thought of understanding... every decided change of action... I wasn't just praying for someone to rescue me anymore...

I realized then, that I had only put God in a little box because of my lack of understanding and that God is so much more than a personified Jesus.

My mother (who insisted that the entire family attend Church every week) said something that I never understood until about 3 years ago... she said ...
“Never get SAVED”...
In that one somber statement (and it took me almost 20 years to prove it out for myself)... I knew she was right...
and before I lose you all together... let me explain...

Her reasoning was this... If you admit that you need saving- then the other side of the coin is to admit that you were without God before you got saved...

That would be like waiting until you are old enough to REASON OUT and admit that your body needs to breath before you are able to actually start breathing... !?!

Here is the line of thought...

If you rely on Jesus to save you... and
If Jesus is God (the second part of the trinity) then you would be only experiencing a portion of “God”...

BUT if God :
*is everywhere *omnipresent;
*knows everything *omniscient;
and * is all powerful * omnipotent

then what is God- specifically?... he can't be a personage, so he must be a spirit... and what is spirit made of? Some say he is made of pure love... but what is that?

emotion???... mind???... energy???... thought???...

and if God is emotion/energy/mind/thought/spirit... etc. then God has always been here... and if God is LOVE then how can something that is eternal love suddenly go from a position of “Not Loving You” to “Loving You”??

I still believe in “GOD” and with the expanded understanding of what God is/ may be... I have grown in my FAITH that “God” will continue to save me daily... in my level of patience with undesirable people or situations, in my resourcefulness and innovation to find miraculous solutions to problems, in my daily thirst for knowledge and proof of HIS LOVE in the World, in my continued joyous (well... ok HAPPY anyway) outlook on life, and in my choosing to be an example/ role model for others to see God's Love thru me.

You see... living life expecting good or evil... it IS simply a choice... to see things from a perspective of fear and disgruntlement... or from a perspective of acceptance of things as they happen and a willingness to handle everyone and all situations with a patient and loving attitude.

Please don't put God in a Jesus box anymore.